Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 20>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official Frankenbinder Thread
    Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 12:18pm
I got mega calf bite on my first day on my superpros. Rotated the highbacks, calf bite all gone.
rook View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 12:18pm
Unions have 3 holes on each side of the highback for rotational purposes. 
started by flossers making floss for flossers
Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by IceCoast

Originally posted by idshredhead

Originally posted by MH8701

Solution to anyones toe strap issues

I like this. That toe strap works so nice. The rest of the ride bindings that I have tried. Meh.
So what are the parts needed for that, are the ratchets rides? ladders ride or union?

Just guessing that the ladders are Union, based on how they "attach" to the baseplates.   It's been so long since I had a pair of Ride binders but I think they attach with a screw on the toe straps, too.  Unions go in from the bottom and basically just sit in a channel (and not that sh!tty Burton thing).

The ratchets?  Same thing, I guess.  If Ride's ratchet teeth match up with the teeth on Union's ladder strap, then I'd assume it's a Ride ratchet (duh, self), because that'd probably be the easiest way to swap them.  I can't imagine Union's crazy tab/screw mounting system on their ratchets would match up with Ride's strap.  Who knows?

MH8701...?
http://thench.com/garage/
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by RideTimeless

I thought that it was just me..i didn't understand that either.  Also I had a hard time trying to rotate my Contact SL.  If i'm not mistaken, is rotating the hibacks on Unions capable of three positions only or is it like Burtons where it freely slides, and the "teeth" just lock it in place.  i don't have a set in from of me...

Technically I think you could get more than three options out of it by not using holes directly opposite of each other, but I don't know if you'd need to.  I have my bindings at a high enough angle (15) that I just set my highbacks to the full amount of rotation achievable.  Seems to work fine for me.

Come to think of it, I don't know if I've ever ridden without having them rotated, so I guess I can't really speak on the calf bite happening or not happening.  My bad.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 12:55pm
you can rotate one hole in each direction.  it turns the highback to about 15 degrees.. ish
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 1:00pm
Damn. I need to figure out how to buy/get some of those toe straps.
MH8701 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote MH8701 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 2:17pm
Ladders and ratchets are Union. They all fit together perfectly with the Ride toe strap so not too much messing about needed!
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by MH8701

Solution to anyones toe strap issues
http://ridesnowboards.com/accessories/3d-thingrip-toe-strap-upgrade-kit
Ride is now selling this, wonder if i could make it work

IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 4:28pm
Krazy- Interested in selling me the orange contact bases and heelcups? Since they dont fit you right?
Wanted to buy contacts this year... but im broke as shtook so i figure if i can at least get some bases cheap and can have semi contacts.

Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 4:40pm

Krazy- Interested in selling me the orange contact bases and heelcups? Since they dont fit you right?
Wanted to buy contacts this year... but im broke as shtook so i figure if i can at least get some bases cheap and can have semi contacts.

Indeed.  PM me if you wish.  Need any straps/ladders/ratchets?
rook View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Krazylegz1485

I sense a bit of cash+parts for green forces trade in the works......... 
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 4:52pm

okay
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by rook

I sense a bit of cash+parts for green forces trade in the works......... 

LOL  You're too clever.  That might end up what's going down here.  Depends what I've got, what he's got, and what he's willing to part with from the Forces.

Randomly checked my local Craig's list and found a smoking deal on a pair of green Forces.  Emailed the guy and am in talks with him to make something happen.  We'll see.

Either way, we (IceCoast and myself) are gonna end up with some gnarly new Frankenbinders to post and brag about.  Woo woo!
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 6:42pm
YEA SON!
kingman756 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kingman756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 8:38pm
i love the betas toes strap but my only complaint is you can crank it super tight and your pinky toe will actually get squished
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2010 at 12:19pm
Just watched LEFT BRAIN RIGHT BRAIN. and paused it at a part where Scott Stevens was taking off his bindings, and he had the leather cut off his toe straps, just like i do. Just thought i share that. haha.
BVoZ View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote BVoZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2010 at 12:26pm

Just watched LEFT BRAIN RIGHT BRAIN. and paused it at a part where Scott Stevens was taking off his bindings, and he had the leather cut off his toe straps, just like i do. Just thought i share that. haha.

why did you cut the leather off? does it make the strap better?
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2010 at 12:40pm
Tried every position possible, and still couldnt get the strap how i wanted it, without it pinching me. So i cut the leather off. Problem solved.
BVoZ View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote BVoZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2010 at 4:36pm
so you cut off just the inside padding right?

did the forces change at all for this year?
I was thinking of swapping the highbacks on the green and cyan forces.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2010 at 4:41pm
all force parts are interchangeable from year one to now.

i honestly dont know if anything changed for 2010.  maybe nothing.  its just a solid binding and is ultimately the same thing as day one, with a few refinements.
determined View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote determined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2010 at 7:13am
Originally posted by BVoZ

BVoz I was watching the union force video again and the things that are changed are the improved straps and also improved ratchets. In this video he doesn't say anything about the ankle straps but they are a lil diffrent from last years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV6eGhX9riU
BVoZ View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote BVoZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2010 at 7:20am
Originally posted by determined

BVoz I was watching the union force video again and the things that are changed are the improved straps and also improved ratchets. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV6eGhX9riU

ok thanks, i just needed to know if there was any big changes, if only driving school wasn't so much, i would buy them.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2010 at 9:41am

Originally posted by determined

BVoz I was watching the union force video again and the things that are changed are the improved straps and also improved ratchets. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV6eGhX9riU

ok thanks, i just needed to know if there was any big changes, if only driving school wasn't so much, i would buy them.

That's nuts.  Where I grew up in SD our town was so small they offered driver's ed for FREE through the high school.  And we got our permit's at age 14.  Could drive by ourselves from 6am-8pm, any other time had to be with somebody that was 18+.  It's crazy living in the cities now and hearing how much people have to pay just to get a driver's license.

Side note - I'm pretty sure this deal with the green Forces I found on Craig's List locally is going to happen either today or tomorrow.  Will hopefully have another project to work on within a couple days.  However, I might have to send my Super Pro heelcups to C3 for warranty as I think the screw holes are stripped out in them.  Could make for a slight delay in the process, but alas, it's August still...
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2010 at 9:53am
Those holes are a bitch. I dont know how that managed to happen.

And bvoz, driving school in my town cost $400. shtooking homosexual I did it last summer.

BVoZ View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote BVoZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2010 at 10:03am

Those holes are a bitch. I dont know how that managed to happen.And bvoz, driving school in my town cost $400. shtooking homosexual I did it last summer.

wow lucky ours is $900+
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2010 at 10:09am
Holy moly.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2010 at 2:08pm
Just got back from my rendezvous no more than 30 minutes ago and there's already some commotion coming from the bedroom:

Shocked

I guess we'll see what they come up with. LOL
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2010 at 2:11pm
hahaha awesome.  ninja turtle collab?

im almost thinking about getting yellow forces for my agent rocker.. but i will likely go black.  or hell, even just white again.  either that or asadachis.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2010 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by spenser

hahaha awesome.  ninja turtle collab?

im almost thinking about getting yellow forces for my agent rocker.. but i will likely go black.  or hell, even just white again.  either that or asadachis.

That's be awesome.  Could base them off the green baseplates and then add purple, orange, red, and blue parts from Forces.  That'd be a sweet idea for a C3 Frankenbinder this next season, especially since they just came out with the blue ones.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2010 at 2:35am
not union, but these were the cobrashark/infidel binders i made last year.  i got cobrasharks and wanted full base padding so i got infidels and only took the baseplate.. so these ones were the "leftovers" but i LOVED the look.

i called these cobradels (cobra first, as the baseplate is the meat of the binding), and the others that i actually rode were infisharks... which lead to "sharks forever," from infinite-sharks.

rook View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2010 at 11:46am
How about some pics of the infisharks?........
ShredbettyZoe View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2010 at 11:52am
Originally posted by spenser

frankenbinders with white forces but then basically gave the inverters to zoe.
EmbarrassedBig smile

damn Spenser these look sweet!

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2010 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by rook

How about some pics of the infisharks?........

Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2010 at 2:59pm
Is that stuff printed on there or did you do it by hand?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2010 at 3:03pm
everything is part of the graphic except "sharks forever," which i wrote with a sharpie
BVoZ View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote BVoZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2010 at 3:08pm
are the graphics different on both bindings? because when i saw them it was a shark riding a cobra.   
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2010 at 4:41pm
so it's Spark R&D fuzes (which I had to go all the way to Bozeman for, thanks World Boards!), with (admittedly crappy) Ride straps and backs.  Thinking of upgrading to Union accoutrements this year because the ride hardware -- especially the buckles, which are hard to release in deep powder duh! -- just ain't cutting it.  That's about all the home-work I've done, everything else is pretty stock around these parts.

-b
get bent
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2010 at 5:03pm

are the graphics different on both bindings? because when i saw them it was a shark riding a cobra.   
yeah, each highback is different
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2010 at 5:28pm
Some of these bindings combos are awesome, makes me wish I had more money to spend on bindings I love having unique stuff
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2010 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by broys

Some of these bindings combos are awesome, makes me wish I had more money to spend on bindings I love having unique stuff

That's how I roll.  Can guarantee to never see a set of the same stuff out there. 
kingman756 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kingman756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2010 at 7:38pm
dangg those cobradel are sick!! if they actually made them like that i would buy them no doubt
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2010 at 7:44pm
i was selling them for a while before i decided to just keep everything stock.. you missed out!
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 11:26am
The OG Airblaster Inverters (multi colored ones), they were based off the standard Forces right?

Anything different?

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 12:04pm
not as far as i know.  maybe data highback but thats basically the same..
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

The OG Airblaster Inverters (multi colored ones), they were based off the standard Forces right?

Anything different?

Yeah, the highbacks seem to be in between the Force and the Data in my opinion.  Looks like a stripped down version of the Data, meaning no fancy wrap around padding.  The only padding is a big fat chunk of rubbery foam on the inside. 
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 2:03pm

Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

Anything different?

Yeah, the highbacks seem to be in between the Force and the Data in my opinion.  Looks like a stripped down version of the Data, meaning no fancy wrap around padding.  The only padding is a big fat chunk of rubbery foam on the inside. 

cool. trying to decide if i want to trade my white forces for my buddy's inverters.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 2:07pm
That's not even a question...

Do it.  Inverters are the shiz.
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 2:10pm
we will see. i think i'll do it.

one of the heel strap buckles is shtooked though, can i replace that with another Force ratchet or is it specific to the Inverter. I'm assuming I can just vulture one of my other ratchets to put on it instead of having an actual pill ratchet.
KidA View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote KidA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 5:30pm
If you can't find a force ratchet that works I could send you one from some year 2 cadets. They just sit around my house and never get used and the ratchets attach the same way as the airpills with the little arms on the sides.

Also, if anyone has a green, yellow or cyan force highback that they want to trade for a team data highback, I would love to trade with you.

IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 5:37pm

Originally posted by KidA

If you can't find a force ratchet that works I could send you one from some year 2 cadets. They just sit around my house and never get used and the ratchets attach the same way as the airpills with the little arms on the sides.

Also, if anyone has a green, yellow or cyan force highback that they want to trade for a team data highback, I would love to trade with you.

Is it in good shape? ill trade you a green one. possibly
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>