Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 23456 20>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official Frankenbinder Thread
    Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 5:38pm
The data and force highback are hard to feel a differecne of right?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 5:44pm
i cant feel one but they say the data is a hair stiffer
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 5:46pm
KidA, im really tempted.
Im getting orange contact bases from Krazy, so let me see what my green highbacks look like on them, and maybe ill trade you one, if you still need one.

I have a black one tho, if you wanted to spray paint it or some crap hahaha.
Or lace a shoe lace in it.
Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

we will see. i think i'll do it.

one of the heel strap buckles is shtooked though, can i replace that with another Force ratchet or is it specific to the Inverter. I'm assuming I can just vulture one of my other ratchets to put on it instead of having an actual pill ratchet.

The one thing I noticed is about the Pill buckles is that they attach to the strap differently than all of the other ones I have, or at least it seems to.

You can see that little black plastic coming out of the strap and going into the buckle.  They've got a screw in the back like all of them, but when you take that out it's still stuck to the strap.  Somebody mentioned you can just pry that black plastic out and get the buckle off, but I don't think it has the little tab underneath it like the rest of the normal Union buckles have.  Would be tough to tell unless you just go through with trying to pull the Pill buckle off.

And if you do get it off, maybe the regular ones fit no problem anyway.  As I was writing this I remembered that my buddy got a set off Craigslist last year.  Pretty sure they have white ratchets on them because the guy swapped them.   So apparently it is possible.
http://thench.com/garage/
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by IceCoast

The data and force highback are hard to feel a differecne of right?

I actually rode almost all of last season with a Data highback on the left and an Inverter highback on the right.  From my own experience I honestly couldn't tell a difference between them.  Maybe I'm just not that hardcore of a rider, but they both seemed to do the same job I guess.

I have a black one tho, if you wanted to spray paint it or some crap hahaha.
Or lace a shoe lace in it.

Funny you mention that.  I remember last year at my local hill a guy had shoe laces running through his Force highbacks.  Pretty easy way to add a little flair to 'em.
KidA View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote KidA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 6:06pm
Cool, just let me know whenever you decide.
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 6:11pm
will do.
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 6:30pm
Id be willing to trade this for a none black force/data highback.

determined View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote determined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2010 at 12:00pm
The rome bindings seem to be interchangeable. The arsenal just recieved the old 390 high back. I'm thinking they can all be interchanged. I was looking at pics of the targa and 390boss it looks like it can be done.

It's funny that rome seemed to upgrade the 390 more than their top targa binding. Eyeing some 390bosses but may want to change the highback if the flex is not how i want it.

IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2010 at 1:13pm
Yea! Contact bases headed my way. Krazy is the man.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2010 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by determined

It's funny that rome seemed to upgrade the 390 more than their top targa binding.
its a best seller, so they put more focus there, as well as giving it even more selling points
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2010 at 1:16pm

It's funny that rome seemed to upgrade the 390 more than their top targa binding. 

I like Rome but don't follow them closely enough to know which binding is their top seller, but I would guess it'd be the 390.  I'm guessing they upgraded the 390s a little because they know that people will pay a little more for more features/extras which in turn means more money for the company. 

I'm assuming the 390 and 390 Boss are about the equivalent of the Force and Data from Union.  They're basically the exact same binding but with a few small extras.  Those extras cost the consumer like $40 more (Force vs Data), but think how little they cost the company once they order however many of them.
RideTimeless View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2010 at 1:26pm
here's a good idea, if it's possible...just saw a review by scorer regarding the 390 boss...anyway to add a canted foot bed to a Union binding?  Maybe a Ride wedgie or...??

just a thought

Did you google it?
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2010 at 1:26pm

Yea! Contact bases headed my way. Krazy is the man.

Hells yeah.  Did a little parts trading with a couple of guys on here this week.

IceCoast is getting a whole box full of orange Contact goodies in exchange for some $, so that's good for both of us considering he wants to try out Contacts and I want have to help support the state of MN and pay a lame ass traffic ticket.

KidA is getting a Team Data highback in exchange for a pair of awesome purple Airblaste/Grenade Fingerblaster gloves.  The gloves (medium) are way too small for me so they'll be going to my girlfriend.  I'm hoping it'll add to her shred stoke for the season.  A happy wife is a happy life, or something like that, right? LOL 
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2010 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by RideTimeless

here's a good idea, if it's possible...just saw a review by scorer regarding the 390 boss...anyway to add a canted foot bed to a Union binding?  Maybe a Ride wedgie or...??

just a thought

I bet if you wanted it bad enough you could.

How much difference do those cant beds actually make?  Like what's the angle that your foot sits at?  And it's mostly just made for people with a wide stance, right?

And what if I want a can bed?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2010 at 1:31pm
it probably wouldnt be hard to make canted unions.  the issue would be the heel area.  maybe alter the padding so it comes up higher on one side, slanted, like the way rome does its cant pads, since the padding comes up from underneath as well.
Bensonator View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Bensonator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2010 at 1:39pm
just bought some 09/10 contacts in Orange/white.  If anyone is interested in some parts swap hit me up
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2010 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Bensonator

just bought some 09/10 contacts in Orange/white.  If anyone is interested in some parts swap hit me up

Possibly interested in the toe straps, depending on condition.  I need to find something orange for my next binder project and unfortunately my all-orange toe straps from the '09 Contacts were part of the package I just sold.  Just not sure if that little orange U logo on the '10 toe strap would be enough to cut it for me.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Bensonator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2010 at 2:09pm

i ordered a demo pair from c3 shop online, they havent arrived yet but im betting they are in pretty good condition

dr011200 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote dr011200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2010 at 10:43am
wow this is SICK! :)
overkill127 View Drop Down
Local
Local
thank you come again

Quote overkill127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2010 at 9:50pm

The rome bindings seem to be interchangeable. The arsenal just recieved the old 390 high back. I'm thinking they can all be interchanged. I was looking at pics of the targa and 390boss it looks like it can be done.

It's funny that rome seemed to upgrade the 390 more than their top targa binding. Eyeing some 390bosses but may want to change the highback if the flex is not how i want it.

390/targa frakenbinders would be sick, the new tech of the 390s with the old but equally good tech of the targas
Steezimax
Instructor
Instructor

Quote determined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2010 at 5:46am
Originally posted by spenser

it probably wouldnt be hard to make canted unions.  the issue would be the heel area.  maybe alter the padding so it comes up higher on one side, slanted, like the way rome does its cant pads, since the padding comes up from underneath as well.

Where is union with their cant beds and asymmetrical shaped highbacks? Get on it union! I love the material they use but some features that have been around they have not implemented.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2010 at 6:32am

Originally posted by spenser

Where is union with their cant beds and asymmetrical shaped highbacks? Get on it union! I love the material they use but some features that have been around they have not implemented.

Pretty sure they've had these for a couple seasons now.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote determined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2010 at 6:01pm
I thought there might be a lil confusion. Basically union has not done a canted high back like say the burton cartel or the rome 390 boss. You see on the pic you posted it says asymmetrical/symmetrical highback. The highback overall shape is symmetrical and not asymmetrical like the bindings i mentioned. The part that is asymmetrical is the inner part of the highback.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2010 at 6:58pm
asymmetrical is not the same term as canted.  if you want canted highbacks, yes, union doesnt have them.  but if you want asymmetrical highbacks, union does have those.

all canted highbacks are asymmetrical, but not all asymmetrical highbacks are canted.

having ridden both symmetrical, asymmetrical, and true canted highbacks, i really havent noticed any difference.  maybe if i had a super wide stance or something....
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2010 at 2:44am
Picked up a pair of already Frank'd Contacts last night.  Gonna keep the red heel straps for my own project and most likely try to sell the rest of them.  Will have a description of what's all on them and possibly some pics later tonight.
cmorrow001 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote cmorrow001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2010 at 5:12am
Is there a place one can buy new high backs only? (or is it pretty much trade only) I'd really like some new Force high backs for my Contacts.
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2010 at 5:33am
You could possibly email c3 and ask if you can purchase some, dont know if they will let you, but its worth a try.
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2010 at 5:34am
Originally posted by Krazylegz1485

Picked up a pair of already Frank'd Contacts last night.  Gonna keep the red heel straps for my own project and most likely try to sell the rest of them.  Will have a description of what's all on them and possibly some pics later tonight.
I may be down to buy them, if you replace the parts that your keeping with other parts from your other bindings you dont want. So its a whole set. If thats what you meant?

Also, my bases i bought from Krazy come today, pictures to come.
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2010 at 8:50am
Hellz yes. And shtook ya to 3 posts in a row.
Thanks Krazy!

rook View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2010 at 9:29am
^^^ those look better than I thought green forces X orange contacts would have looked. 
started by flossers making floss for flossers
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2010 at 9:33am
Just admit it, its only because of my photo taking skills.

I love them.

Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2010 at 1:01pm

I may be down to buy them, if you replace the parts that your keeping with other parts from your other bindings you dont want. So its a whole set. If thats what you meant?

I'm not really sure how I'll put them up for sale.  I was planning on just taking the straps off and letting them go as is, but they're kinda funky colored.  Silver baseplates, orange heelcups, black highbacks, black toe straps, orange footbeds, red ankle straps.

I'm for sure keeping the red ankle straps, as that's really the only reason I bought them in the first place.  Perhaps I'll take the black contact highbacks and put them on the green Contact SL baseplates that I have that are currently highback-less.  I could easily create a whole pair out of the green ones, these black highbacks, and a couple black straps I have around.  Interested in something like that?
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2010 at 1:05pm

Hellz yes. And shtook ya to 3 posts in a row.
Thanks Krazy!

These things look frickin' sick.  Smeriously.  Mt. Dew Livewire?  Trying to think of something that's green and orange.  But man, they look good.

I think I might have enough parts lying around here to make a pair that would be the exact opposite of those colors, but they'd have Contact highbacks instead.  Maybe I'll throw something like that together just for the hell of it. We'll see.
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2010 at 1:07pm
I would most likely be interested. I need another set of bindings for my other board. As long as i can afford it, haha.
Post up a picture of what you can put together that you would be willing to sell, if you decide to do so.
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2010 at 1:09pm
Every time i look at them, for some reason dinosaurs come to mind. I dont know why.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2010 at 1:11pm

I would most likely be interested. I need another set of bindings for my other board. As long as i can afford it, haha.
Post up a picture of what you can put together that you would be willing to sell, if you decide to do so.

Alrighty.  If I make a set to sell it'd most likely be the green Contacts w/ black accessories.  I'd really like to keep my orange Contact highbacks around for my orange/black Force MC setup, just in case I want a little more looser ride.  Still haven't gotten to try them out with either highback (Contact vs SL) so I'm not sure which one I'll like more.

Then I'll probably have some left over Contact stuff if anybody's interested.  Silver baseplates, orange heelcups and footbeds.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2010 at 3:19am
Green / Black Contacts - Look for these to be up for sale soon, still trying to figure out a price.  If interested, PM with offers for now.  All offers will be heard; reasonable ones might be considered.  I can provide larger pics, too.  Just put up small ones for now so they're not gigantic.  These things are in awesome condition and look basically new.  Size is L/XL. 

Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2010 at 3:30am
Silver / Orange Contact baseplates - Same thing.  Basically for sale whenever, just have to come up with a price.  I bought them for the ankle straps and have no use for the baseplates as my boots don't fit them.  The toe straps from these are on the green Contacts above.  Baseplates will include everything pictured: baseplates, toe ladders, highback/ankle strap hardware, heel cups.  Size is L/XL. 

These would be perfect for somebody that has Forces and wants to try the Contact baseplates, or somebody with Contacts just looking for a color change.  You'd need to put on toe straps, ankle straps, and highbacks to make these complete. 

*Note - there are a couple holes drilled through the sides of the baseplates, one on each side, as seen in the last two pictures.  I have no idea what the hell they would be there for and they were there when I got them.  Pretty sure they won't affect performance whatsoever, but figured I'd at least mention it.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2010 at 3:37am
Black / Orange Union Machete - Nicknamed them the Machete cuz they'll most likely be on Charlie Slasher from now on.  Figured it's probably his weapon of choice.

PS - Not for sale, just showin' off.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Bensonator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2010 at 4:04am
well.  those look awesome
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2010 at 7:46am

*Note - there are a couple holes drilled through the sides of the baseplates, one on each side, as seen in the last two pictures.  I have no idea what the hell they would be there for and they were there when I got them.  Pretty sure they won't affect performance whatsoever, but figured I'd at least mention it.

Reminds me of ICS, but just a guess.  That's some effed up degree settings.LOL
Did you google it?
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 6:37pm
Union binders for the mutha phukkin' winnnnnn, uhhhhhhhhhhh.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2010 at 10:06am

Hey Master P!  You forgot "Make you say uuhhhhhhhhhh, nah nah na nah!!"  In the "Best and Worse of Craigslist" thread, there's a pair of Red forces for $75.  Just an fyi

Oh hell...here it is:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=12195604&cat=193&lpid=5&search=
Did you google it?
MH8701 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote MH8701 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 5:07am
Just taken delivery of some white forces. Some cmyk contact highbacks on the way!
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by RideTimeless

Hey Master P!  You forgot "Make you say uuhhhhhhhhhh, nah nah na nah!!"  In the "Best and Worse of Craigslist" thread, there's a pair of Red forces for $75.  Just an fyi

Oh hell...here it is:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=12195604&cat=193&lpid=5&search=

My bad.  I was wasted...

Uncle-in-law (to be) turned 50 today.  We had a party on Friday night.  Pics to come...
spoony94 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote spoony94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 1:20pm
if u aint buying rome gear, i dont wanna talk to you x) jk
itzmatty View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote itzmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 1:39am
is there any places that sell parts for union bindings? or should i go direct to union and email them?
I need the plastic piece wich holds the toe strap on my contacts
MH8701 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote MH8701 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 1:42am
The shop you bought them from should have spares, contact them and they should be able to help you out.
itzmatty View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote itzmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 1:59am

I got them from sierra online

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>