Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 34567 20>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official Frankenbinder Thread
    Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 2:24am
http://thench.com/garage/
itzmatty View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote itzmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 3:33am
oh awsome your a legend crazylegz Wink  now im just trying to figure out what the exact part i need is called.

check the blue arrow

Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 3:38am

On their parts page it looks like it comes with the toe strap.  I'm guessing it's less common for them to break than the toe ladders, thus they aren't sold separately (at least on the site).  What color are you looking for?  If you need black I might be able to help.

itzmatty View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote itzmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 3:41am

yeh i want black

MH8701 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote MH8701 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 3:42am
And if anyone has them orange contacts for sale in a m/l let me know...
Funinc158 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Funinc158 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 3:54am
Thinking aboot mixing up some Cobrasharks and 07 Cartels.
MH8701 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote MH8701 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 3:55am
also looking out for a set of pterry highbacks. anyone help me out?
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 11:53am
Originally posted by MH8701

Two words:  GOOD LUCK LOL

Not being mean, just saying.  They're RIDICULOUSLY impossible to find, unless you know somebody.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 11:54am
Originally posted by itzmatty

yeh i want black

Check your PM's, fool!
MH8701 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote MH8701 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Krazylegz1485

Two words:  GOOD LUCK LOL

Not being mean, just saying.  They're RIDICULOUSLY impossible to find, unless you know somebody.

Tell me about it! not fancy parting with yours?..........
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 11:56am

yeh i want black

Check your PM's, fool!
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 11:57am

Tell me about it! not fancy parting with yours?..........

No can do, sorry.  Actually just got them about a month ago.  Been searching for quite a while.
itzmatty View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote itzmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 1:44am

yeh i want black

Check your PM's, fool!
back at ya brother Wink
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2010 at 12:57pm
Dropped off my green/black Contacts at a local gear sale/swap last night.  If they don't sell there they'll be back up for grabs if anybody's interested.
RideTimeless View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2010 at 2:12pm
there's a guy looking for a green colorway style contacts...if you don't sell them at the gear/sale swap...maybe he'll hit you up...
Did you google it?
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2010 at 1:43am
Originally posted by RideTimeless

there's a guy looking for a green colorway style contacts...if you don't sell them at the gear/sale swap...maybe he'll hit you up...

Any idea who?  Would be nice, I don't think they're are green Contacts other than the Sierra ones.  And if he wants actual Contacts, he's in luck because they've got regular Contact highbacks on them now, too.
RideTimeless View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2010 at 11:10am
Did you google it?
Duneluder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Duneluder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2010 at 12:01pm
Sooo.......

Thinking about picking up some Cyan Forces and seeing if I can franken them with my white and blue pinstripe Datas.....anyone know if they would be compatable with switching up parts? Was thinking just some highback and strap switcharoos....

thoughts? If they don't fit together, might still pick em up, really would like another pair of bindings....basically have one pair between 3 boards...gets annoying

IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2010 at 12:04pm
They will fit.
BVoZ View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote BVoZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2010 at 5:16pm
does anyone have a pair of forces they can part with?
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2010 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Duneluder

Sooo.......

Thinking about picking up some Cyan Forces and seeing if I can franken them with my white and blue pinstripe Datas.....anyone know if they would be compatable with switching up parts? Was thinking just some highback and strap switcharoos....

thoughts? If they don't fit together, might still pick em up, really would like another pair of bindings....basically have one pair between 3 boards...gets annoying

Yeah, they'll fit no problem as long as both sets are the same size.  They're like 95% the same binding.  You don't by chance wear L/XL Unions, do ya? Wink  Really wanting to get some blue parts for my current project.
itzmatty View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote itzmatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2010 at 10:23pm
yo crazy any update on them toe cap strap holders? ill fix u up bro
Duneluder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Duneluder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2010 at 6:32am

Sooo.......

Yeah, they'll fit no problem as long as both sets are the same size.  They're like 95% the same binding.  You don't by chance wear L/XL Unions, do ya? Wink  Really wanting to get some blue parts for my current project.

Honestly I'm not sure, I wear size 9.5 in womens and I think my Datas are L/XL and they seem to fit well...I'll have to check on that before I buy new bindings...I was gonna get mediums but I think the Ls might be fine...whats your current project and what were you thinkin as far as blue parts go? Honestly...if I'm buying blue forces, I'll probably want to keep them/the parts, but you never know

Aos View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Aos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2010 at 7:12am
I just got a new pair of Black M/L Union Forces, I can't wait to use them this season.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2010 at 11:18am

...whats your current project and what were you thinkin as far as blue parts go? Honestly...if I'm buying blue forces, I'll probably want to keep them/the parts, but you never know

Gonna try to pull off some Ninja Turtle "themed" binders.  I've got green Forces, purple SuperPro's, and some extra red ankle straps.  I'll need something orange and something blue to complete the deal.  I was thinking orange toe straps because they'd be fairly noticeable, and they're aren't really any orange parts from the old Forces that I'd use.  For blue, I was thinking one or multiple of the following pieces: heel cups, footbeds, the little trim pieces on the tops of Force/Data baseplates (see the black & orange parts on the pic below).  I think if I had the little trim pieces swapped out so all four of them were blue, it'd be prominent enough where I wouldn't need anything else. 

Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2010 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Aos

I just got a new pair of Black M/L Union Forces, I can't wait to use them this season.

Word.  Hope you like 'em.  Clap
Duneluder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Duneluder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2010 at 12:41pm
Sounds like a pretty good idea, I like the TMNT theme, not sure if I'd be too interested in trading, but I won't know until I get new bindings and dick around with them a little. If I feel like trading sometime I'll let you know. Post pics of the new binders when you finish em

Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2010 at 3:54pm

Sounds like a pretty good idea, I like the TMNT theme, not sure if I'd be too interested in trading, but I won't know until I get new bindings and dick around with them a little. If I feel like trading sometime I'll let you know. Post pics of the new binders when you finish em

Will do.  Don't stress if you don't want to part them out.  It's understandable.  Gonna hit up the dudes at C3 one of these days and try to buy the pieces individually from them.  Last they told me the "parts" for 2011 bindings will be available sometime late October or in November.
Duneluder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Duneluder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2010 at 4:54pm

Will do.  Don't stress if you don't want to part them out.  It's understandable.  Gonna hit up the dudes at C3 one of these days and try to buy the pieces individually from them.  Last they told me the "parts" for 2011 bindings will be available sometime late October or in November.

oh ya? that'd be sick, I might have to check that out if they're sellin it on their website.

Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2010 at 2:34am
I believe they only "advertise" the white or black parts on the C3 shop, as well as the Force MC parts.  I'm guessing you'll have to email for the colored stuff.
Duneluder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Duneluder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2010 at 5:49pm
ah good to know, thx

KidA View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote KidA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2010 at 5:33pm
I'm selling these M/L Frankenbinders for $90 plus shipping. Straps, ratchets and highbacks are from '09 Contacts, everything else is from '09 Team Datas,

Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2010 at 2:12am
Nice.  Those are pretty clean looking.  Did you make anything from the other parts or did you get them like this in the first place?
KidA View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote KidA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2010 at 4:48am
I have a full set of team datas and an extra set of contact highbacks, so I've got contact baseplates and highbacks with team data straps on my horrorscope right now, and might try swapping out the highbacks and see how I like it. I don't really like force baseplates, so if I sell these I'm going to put the money towards some contact pros.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2010 at 1:37pm
Cool beans.  If they weren't completely black I'd maybe pick 'em up off ya.  Just not a huge fan of black everything for some reason.  Gotta have some color, and preferably bright.  That and I don't really need yet another set of bindings around here.  Gotta save my money for some blue Force parts when they become available from C3.  That or somebody comes along and for some reason wants to part their's out/swap parts from them.
Alinaaa View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Solden 2010

Quote Alinaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2010 at 3:09am
Don't kill me right away, i'm a newbee...

These all look amazing!
Does anyone here know where one can find parts for Flow bindings so i can make them look a bit more exiting? I would love to have them look like one of these here!
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2010 at 6:14am
I've got no experience with Flow bindings, and with a little luck never will, so I'm not sure if you can mix and match parts with them.  I'm assuming you can if they're the exact same model I guess, it just depends how they're assembled.  Anywho, your best bet would be to find another pair of the same model that you have that's a different color or has some colors that you're after.  Once you've got two complete sets in front of you, start disassembling.  Take them completely apart, keeping track of what goes where, and then rebuild a set by mixing everything together. 

Simple as that, really.  Just gotta keep looking for that first extra set.   Check craigslist or something, they're usually pretty cheap on there.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2010 at 6:17am
As an alternative, you could completely disassemble the ones you have right now and paint individual parts.  It'd save you time and possibly money.  Only down side is that bindings usually take a lot of use/abuse, so the paint job may not last very long on certain pieces.  If you took your time with the painting process, meaning clean, sand, prime, paint, seal (maybe), it'd probably last a little longer than if you just took them apart and sprayed some paint right on there.  Up to you, tho.  Just a matter of how much time and effort you want to put into it.  Remember, time is money in most circumstances, so it may be "cheaper" to just buy another set and swap parts.
Alinaaa View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Solden 2010

Quote Alinaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2010 at 11:12pm
Thanks Krazylegz, painting is probably an option because the model i have does not come in another color and i also do have some experience (i painted my Austin Mini 1100 special several times).

I bought those Flow bindings because my boyfriend said they would be easy to step in to. True, in the stores they do, but i hate them in the snow, i am really athletic but it's a pain to strap them on..

Would probably be easier/better to buy other bindings, and also easier to Frankenstein them

Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2010 at 4:24am
Originally posted by Alinaaa

(i painted my Austin Mini 1100 special several times).

That's hawt.  Both the car and the painting skills.  Pics?

Originally posted by Alinaaa

Would probably be easier/better to buy other bindings, and also easier to Frankenstein them

Now you're on the right track...  I've heard Flows can be difficult to get into because of how the highback lays back so far.  If you're sitting on the ground it ends up being at a weird angle or something, right?  Like I said, never had personal experience with them and I'm guessing I won't anytime soon.  Oh well. 

Alinaaa View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Solden 2010

Quote Alinaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2010 at 9:58am
Correct, when sitting on the ground it's almost impossible to strap them on.. The back needs to be almost 180° flat which is very hard to do when sitting down.
Means that when i sit, i will have to get my butt up in to the sky, twist and turn, keep one hand on my board to keep it from leaving without me and my shoulders almost on the ground..
As you can imagine, it looks absurd..
Now i am all for a big laugh and i also don't mind to be the one laughed about, but i guess you get the picture ;-)

Talking about pictures, i'll find one of the Mini when i get home :-)
StoopheadFred View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote StoopheadFred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2010 at 5:43pm

My contribution. Not sure if I like the green on it yet, may switch back to black with the team data highback.

Anyone got any ideas of some cool color combinations?

I'm also thinking of getting a second pair, if I did it'd be 2011 Force Cyan's as the base with red accents compliments of the red 2011 DLX's. I'm going to be riding either an Ultrafear or a Stairmaster Extreme (in a 152 or 152W, the Panda on the 152 is blue with red clothes so a blue/red frankenbinder would be pretty fitting)
2012/13 Lib Tech Jamie Lynn C3 (157) w/ 2009/10 Force SL
2012/13 Forum Manual Chillydawg (153) w/ 2012/13 Nitro Raiden Zero
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote StoopheadFred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2010 at 6:18pm
IrishRugby04 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote IrishRugby04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2010 at 6:25pm
I like the green
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2010 at 6:35am
I like the bedside tissue box
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2010 at 6:48am
who's hooker boots by the mirror?  that your weekend attire?
MOAR powderz plz!
BVoZ View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote BVoZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2010 at 6:56am
I'm getting green forces M/L, does anyone have black or blue highbacks they can trade?

do they make black pterry footbeds? i have one in white,does anyone want to trade?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote StoopheadFred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2010 at 5:24pm

Hahahaha I live with my girlfriend hence the "hooker boots" (my girlfriend says they're Steve Madden!). No defense for the tissue box, take it for what is.

My dream frankenbinder would be a mix of the 2011 Force SL black/red and the red Iuter clan highbacks.
jeeemchew View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jeeemchew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2010 at 5:52pm
i'm new to this "frankenbinder" thing. you guys are like made scientists! i want me some unions now, hahaha!
EMHM00 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote EMHM00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2010 at 6:18pm
 For sale!!! Couple of cool items for you guys. 2 years' KFC/Union collab highbacks. 1 of each style. These are data highbacks so they're cushy/comfy as heck but they have exotic materials. White is goat leather interior with stingray leather on the back. Blue is goat leather and alligator. Look pretty sweet and are unused. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>