What is your worst injury ever

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
B7ack B0y View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote B7ack B0y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is your worst injury ever
    Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 9:07am
What is your worst injury you have ever sustained while riding, and the story that goes with it, i'll start

Worst injury i got is when i first started doing park, i at 15 footer at camel back in PA and at the lip of the jump their was a long log that i didn't notice, board caught the log and threw me in the the air completely horizontal with the rolling down the window arm motion, landed directly on my face and bottom tooth tooth on the right side to the left of the canines came out of the mouth and through the lip onto the snow as well as cutting that little piece of skin that holds your lip to your jaw

Now im a black dude with big lips ok....

So i have this massive hanging lip with blood EVERYWHERE and a tooth in my best friends hand, ski patrol comes down and try to get me on the little cart thing and i saw im good i'll just follow you to the lodge, on the way thier i hit a couple more jumps..and fell again... anyway get back to the lodge and they shove the tooth back in my mouth with no anesthetic at all, this was one BIG %*#(*%# tooth, bout an inch and half replaced into my jaw, loosing a lot of blood and they say i need 2 go 2 the hospital, pack it all up and we were heading back to a jersey *home town* hospital, meanwhile my friends stopped off at McD's for some food as im loosing massive amounts of blood in the back and get into an argument over fruit punch and fruitopia. all in all when to the hospital and got about 40 stitches to make me look pseudo normal again, lip still hangs a little more than usual but no one notices

Marumm View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
caw

Quote Marumm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 12:25pm
Mostly just lame knee issues.  That's the sucky thing about getting older; you tweak something just a tiny bit, it feels fine, and then you wake up the next day broken and it takes you 2 months to recuperate.

Thankfully nothing has involved losing any blood.  My first time boarding was probably the worst- we had no lesson, and no idea what to do.  The bunny slope was bulletproof ice, and I figured that I'd just point the thing downhill and try to balance as best I could.  My tailbone took so many hits that day I could feel it months afterward.

xxbeachbum0804xx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xxbeachbum0804xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 1:34pm
I was there for that... **** was sick
B7ack B0y View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote B7ack B0y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Marumm

My first time boarding was probably the worst- we had no lesson, and no idea what to do.  The bunny slope was bulletproof ice, and I figured that I'd just point the thing downhill and try to balance as best I could.  My tailbone took so many hits that day I could feel it months afterward.

exact same thing...................
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Quote AyChan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 1:44pm
pretty knarly bruised tailbone
CO_champagne View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CO_champagne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 2:02pm
Took a huge kicker at Keystone years ago - back when the park was next to the gondola.  I went off that first kicker a little off balance and snapped my arm on the crash landing (first day of xmas break vacation. boooo).  The arm healed well but it took me over a year to bring myself to hitting that exact same kicker again.  
bboy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
My dog is a serial Rapist...

Quote bboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 8:24pm
Did a huge jump on my recent snowtrip. Did a big jump way out of my league and went straight up (froze in mid air, didnt expect to get that much air and forgot to pop and balance the back end) paid the price landed on my board (tail end) which broke the fall and on my back/butt. Real lucky I walked away ok...

Worst was the year before bruised tailbone which took nearly 2 months to recover. Somehow not as spectacular as my first description.
2010 Sierra crew 156, 2010 Union Sierra Contact SL
Redferatu View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Redferatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 8:37pm
Broke my ankle skating, and then walked a k to my mates place. Afterwards we drove to watch lotr 3, which was probably more painful. Told myself it was a bad sprain until 6 month later I was still limping.
jase13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jase13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 8:54pm
Just screwed my thumb this weekend.

Probably going to need to see a hand surgeon depending on how it goes.

Hit a jump in the park with WAY too much speed and cleared the landing.

Stacked and screwed my thumb in the process.
Peekaboo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Peekaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 8:58pm
My story definitely doesnt compare to your. I had a scare momement when I was riding for the first time. I caught and edge and fell backward and hit my head on some hard impacted ice. I was out for a moment, was dizzy for whole night after that.
kymerj1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kymerj1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 9:15pm

I got knocked out for a a couple of seconds when I went sideways of a jump and landed on my head, on some ice.  Been wearing a helmet ever since.

atcskatedecks View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Quote atcskatedecks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2010 at 9:26pm
Injured back, bruised tailbone with sliped disc
B7ack B0y View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote B7ack B0y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2010 at 11:58am
ima just add one more i guess, when i went to Mount Snow fastest i've ever booked it down one trail, caught an edge, popped me into the air, did three cartwheels, *IN THE AIR* landed on my head, popped back up ito the air, one more cartwheel, and the landing went as such

Head, feet, head, feet, head, feet, body roll, i was out for couple seconds and all my head gear was gone, but my goggles stayed on

another grand concussion
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2010 at 12:03pm
Nothing major but probably when these guys fell down towards the end of the narrow trail so I stopped and sat down rather than run them over but my friend behind me was new to boarding and wasn't able to stop on time so he his board ran into my arm and back.  Luckily I was wearing a waterpack so my back was okay but my arm had a huge lump of a bruising.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
jacker82 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jacker82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2010 at 12:07pm
broken clavicle (collar bone). the worst part is that i wasn't doing anything crazy, just cruising down a groomer at a small, local mountain. it was the first run of the day, early in the morn, hard-pack, and i hit a bad patch of snow/ice. F#@% HARD PACK!
lifer4snow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lifer4snow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2010 at 3:07pm
I lived in Mt Hood in 98...threw a backflip over a 30+ table, and hit the lip all wrong and over shot...did not pull out of my rotation and landed on my head/neck.  Broke L1-L2 back...in hospital for over a week.  Lesson was learned, and being the hard chargin girl that I am...i was back riding in 6 months...
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lifer4snow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2010 at 3:08pm

In 2000, I was doing a slopestyle comp at Meadows at Hood and also bit my tongue in half...had to have stitches to sew my tongue back together.  Mouth guard was worn after that.

greenmnmsi View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Ride wit me

Quote greenmnmsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2010 at 3:20pm
I thought I would be coool at the beach and jump off the steps that go down to the sand, only about 20 of them, and landed on the last one, it was hidden by sand.   I was in a wheelchair for about 2 weeks, but we got to go to the front of all the rides at Disney World!
B7ack B0y View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote B7ack B0y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2010 at 11:29am
Originally posted by jacker82

broken clavicle (collar bone). the worst part is that i wasn't doing anything crazy, just cruising down a groomer at a small, local mountain. it was the first run of the day, early in the morn, hard-pack, and i hit a bad patch of snow/ice. F#@% HARD PACK!

Dude story of my life, mountain creek in NJ is all ice, all lot of us call us the best riders cuz we never fall, strictly due to extreme risk and injury that usually comes with it

Last season i can honestly say that only 3 times of the the 25+ times i went it wasn't hard packed ice : /
B7ack B0y View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote B7ack B0y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2010 at 11:31am
Originally posted by lifer4snow

I lived in Mt Hood in 98...threw a backflip over a 30+ table, and hit the lip all wrong and over shot...did not pull out of my rotation and landed on my head/neck.  Broke L1-L2 back...in hospital for over a week.  Lesson was learned, and being the hard chargin girl that I am...i was back riding in 6 months...

see thats the type of stuff that terrifies me haha, i am going for b-flip this season as well as front, and thats...thats just bad, im hoping you do comps
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2010 at 12:39pm

In 2000, I was doing a slopestyle comp at Meadows at Hood and also bit my tongue in half...had to have stitches to sew my tongue back together.  Mouth guard was worn after that.

Oh my god, I was cruising one day on Mammoth and suddenly caught the edge and fell on my butt and bit my tongue too but nothing like yours, just a little blood so I was thinking of wearing a mouth guard too.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
ianbejamin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ianbejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2010 at 12:41pm
sprained ankle, ya i know. That's the worst injury i've ever had. pretty lame. I had a concussion one time but idk if that counts.
azn_dan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Me and the wifey at stowe

Quote azn_dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2010 at 1:41pm
worst injury for me was when i clipped a rock on a trail at stowe, totally threw me and i think i hit a rock or something. Ended up ripping my brand new jacket, my underarmor long sleeve and splitting my elbow open. Didn't end the day, but i was a little sour about the jacket. 
'10 Forces - '10 TRS - '10 Rulers '09 Blunt - '09 Freestyles - '09 Motos
bear567 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bear567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2010 at 1:49pm
this past year at sunday river i was going for a frotside boardslide on a box rail at sunday river and caught my heel edge and landed on my wrist and ended up completly snapping my radius, it held me back from being able to play school baseball
BudAshes View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BudAshes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2010 at 1:53pm

DAAAAMn.  Was it hanging by a thread or did you have to scoop it off the ground?
KLiang07 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote KLiang07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2010 at 1:59pm
worse i had was falling on my tailbone on some ice. I couldnt lift my left leg for the rest of the day, but that didnt stop me...from falling over and over again lol.
Hvozboard View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Hvozboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2010 at 2:03pm
My wost wipeout was when I hit a snow maker witch made me front flip which made me lose my pants and my feet came half-way out of my boots.
Costell14 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Costell14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2010 at 5:30am
I've never injured myself skiing but I did just slice my head open last night. that was less than fun and got me 12 stiches.
imwazn View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote imwazn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2010 at 5:48am
while boarding, the first trip i started hitting jumps i hit one that was way too big for me. got about 8 feet of air and landed on my ass. knocked my helmet and my goggles off. when i turned to look back at the jump, i see another dude do the same exact thing. so were both just laying there for a good couple minutes.

and then in april, i was playing some basketball and went up for a dunk. i hung on the rim and felt my shoulder pull out. i tore my labrum... i got surgery and im out for six months. its horrible.
yuhui View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote yuhui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2010 at 5:48am
I messed up and hit my head coming down a hill to get enough speed for a ramp on a skateboard. Blacked out, woke up, since no one was with me I just walked home. THEN the bleeding started
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lifer4snow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2010 at 6:49am
My tongue was hangin by the outside corners...super gnar.  I about passed out...and all of my friends that were rep's at the time, were just shooting pics right and left..and it was horrible.
tomek77pl View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote tomek77pl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2010 at 6:58am
idk why but i do some mh stupid stuff   snowboarding,biking etc and i never get hurt and i had some baddd falls and i never broke a bone
dishz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote dishz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2010 at 8:16pm
Fractured my ribs was just as bad as I've ever injured myself. Was at the snow yesterday and my friend collided with someone.. the guy checked his leg and there was a huge gash - blood everywhere probably needed 5-6 stitches
bleaknight View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bleaknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2010 at 1:50am
my worst injury would be a lame black bruised knee, damn you guys got some super serious injuries. Now i want to get geared up on the protective side
Lib4Life View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Lib4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2010 at 2:11am
Caught an edge and smashed my head into an ice mogul that broke my helmet in 3 or more places. Bruised my tailbone and it hurt for 2 months. Sprained my wrist so bad I had to be brought down in a stretcher cuz I was in so much pain. Caught another edge on groomed ice and landed on my face leaving a trail of blood down the whole slope. Doing probably about 60m.p.h. to get over a flat to go back to Ramshead lodge at Killington and ate shie and messed up my back for a while. Took a tree to the chest.

Can't think of much more.

2010 Lib Tech TRS | Union Force
xxbeachbum0804xx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xxbeachbum0804xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2010 at 12:10pm
death by snow machine = [
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2010 at 12:33pm
fractured rib...
zookeyknee View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote zookeyknee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2010 at 12:36pm
wow all these stories are effing ridiculous. My worst is nothing compared to all these gore stories. You guys are way to intense.
Cspodey View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Cspodey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2010 at 1:43pm
So mine was about 3 seasons ago now, 05-06 season, in Northstar's park. I was riding on the last day of the season, which if memory serves, was 4-20-06. I got to the hill pretty early to ride the sloppy, sun baked park before heading to work in the afternoon. I was doing laps with a young lady that I had an interest in at the time, so I was obviously trying to impress her. Well, stupid me, I go to ollie the flat part of the flat to down box and catch a rut. This basically tossed me front leg, my left leg being that I'm regular, directly into the immovable object that was the box. I hit it so hard it spun me around a full 360 degrees and flipped me over so I landed face down on my stomach.

I immediately knew something was wrong. The park is situated directly under the Vista chair and some of my friends saw the whole horrible incident unfold and notified Ski Patrol. They showed up promptly and the patroller did an incident assessment, which basically involved me putting myself in awkward positions including dropping my pants, on the hill, in front of everyone in the immediate vicinity as well as everyone riding the lift. So after the uncomfortable ride down in the sled, we got to the on-hill Med Center and they took X-Rays. Come to find out that I had a very badly broken Femur. I took the ambulance to the hospital in Truckee. They got me into surgery very quickly and I ended up with one large screw in the ball of the femur where it goes into the hip, 2 screws going into the femur just above the knee and a rod connecting the two. All of this hardware is still in my leg to this day.

Moral of the story, be careful trying to impress girls with your snowboarding "prowess." Peace!    
Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2010 at 1:45pm

Torn urethra...

http://thench.com/garage/
wdi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote wdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2010 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Krazylegz1485

Torn urethra...

Really?  From snowboarding?  Ouch....
dwang0725 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote dwang0725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2010 at 5:45am

Kicked in the head by a falling skier.  Large caulifower ear, bruises on face.

David
B7ack B0y View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote B7ack B0y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2010 at 12:21am
Bumpini this cuz it was gettin good haha
jman91 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jman91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 1:27pm
banged my head without a helmet on ice and blacked out for acouple minutes. nothin special
If you are interested in buying a mount snow season pass PM me. I am representing mount snow and selling the season passes for $275. Thats $25 savings plus more great opportunities
B7ack B0y View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote B7ack B0y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2010 at 8:10am
ok im bumpin this one more time to see if we can keep this going
l31gh View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote l31gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2010 at 1:11am
3 broken metatarsal's in my foot after coming off a motorbike... nearly a year later and i still get pain. Cant board for more than a few hours without a break or my foot starts aching so hard i cant put any weight on it... SUCKS!!!!

Edit: didnt see it was while riding.. worst while riding is a dislocated finger after a big wipeout trying to avoid mowing down a kid who fell right in front of me.
10fossil View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote 10fossil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2010 at 10:39am
first time going for a rail my edge caghtfell into the side of the rail and chiped my hip
andrethegiant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote andrethegiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2010 at 11:25am
hit a 50 foot table and caught my edge spinning to early landed flat on stomach and broke 3 ribs. out for the season it sucked
B7ack B0y View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote B7ack B0y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2010 at 12:50pm
Bumpity bump bump
TahoeDreamin View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote TahoeDreamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2010 at 12:52pm
You should of just let this thread die.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>