Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bankruptcy and Liquidation
    Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

boom.
Scorer was right, as usual.

Thank You, Thank You. I'll be here till, uh, the site is gone i guess, lol.
I'm just here to look cool...

www.angrysnowboarder.com
brilars View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by spenser

uh, what?  youre assuming i dont take care of customers because i didnt think you needed to go through the shop, because in my experience ive never had to go through a shop?  huge jump to a whack conclusion.  sorry, ive just never had to go through a shop and no one (people from brands included) have ever told me i had to.  my bad for assuming that was normal.
If you really have a lot of experience, then you would know.  So either, you don't konw and don't need to call me out on it, or you do know and you don't want to deal with it.  Until I left my job late last year, I was in charge of warranties.  It's not fun but it is required by most companies and if you work at a shop and a guy buys a board from you and you don't take care of the warranty, THATis poor service to your customer.
benjiradio View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by brilars

If you really have a lot of experience, then you would know.  So either, you don't konw and don't need to call me out on it, or you do know and you don't want to deal with it.  Until I left my job late last year, I was in charge of warranties.  It's not fun but it is required by most companies and if you work at a shop and a guy buys a board from you and you don't take care of the warranty, THATis poor service to your customer.

You seem annoying.

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 4:09pm

uh, what?  youre assuming i dont take care of customers because i didnt think you needed to go through the shop, because in my experience ive never had to go through a shop?  huge jump to a whack conclusion.  sorry, ive just never had to go through a shop and no one (people from brands included) have ever told me i had to.  my bad for assuming that was normal.
you assumed i turned them away.  i never ever did and never said i did.  i said that when i have called for my own gear, theyve never asked me to go through the shop i bought it from, and when i have called for a customer at my shop, they have never asked if im calling from a shop.  of course i help all of my customers.

i dont have "a lot" of experience with warranties and never said i did.  again, the only thing i did say was that ive personally never had to go through a shop and its never been brought up by the company when i have called.

and i didnt "call you out" on anything and am not "calling you out" on anything.
Scorer099 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by donald

Rumors oh Rumors.. We're still here and not in Chapter 7

I would expect nothing less to be said by the few people left there to ship what orders they receive until things become "official".
I'm just here to look cool...

www.angrysnowboarder.com
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 4:11pm
Take the stick out of your ass brilars.
pipecode View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 4:11pm

you assumed i turned them away.  i never ever did and never said i did.  i said that when i have called for my own gear, theyve never asked me to go through the shop i bought it from, and when i have called for a customer at my shop, they have never asked if im calling from a shop.  of course i help all of my customers.

i dont have "a lot" of experience with warranties and never said i did.  again, the only thing i did say was that ive personally never had to go through a shop and its never been brought up by the company when i have called.

and i didnt "call you out" on anything and am not "calling you out" on anything.

Can we get back to the liquidation and end this middle school crap already?
I'm here for the points and if you're reading this, it means I just got one more!
brilars View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 4:14pm

Fair, enough.  Have a good evening.

brilars View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by IceCoast

Take the Spencer out of your ass, Ice Coast.
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 4:17pm
I love spenser. shtook you.
jeremy86 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 4:18pm

Originally posted by IceCoast

Take the Spencer out of your ass, Ice Coast.

dude you are getting annoying
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 4:24pm
errrrr'one, let it go...
ksmountain View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 4:32pm
Glad to hear Sierra isn't quite done yet? But that doesn't seem to fit the direction of this thread has gone...
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 4:34pm
I think anyone who was paying attention understood what may well have been happening. The biggest thing this time was the collapse of the shopping cart and the loss of some of the staff members. Reading between the lines most people (except maybe those who just came to the site) realised it wasnt business as usual.

I still have a lot of faith though in the people behind this business. I hope they move on to new things and im really sorry for the crap storm theyre going through right now. I know for many working local this is the chickens coming home to roost, but sierra brought many things to the industry that were beneficial. i mentioned a few of them in the oh snap thread so i wont repeat myself. I also think the store only collaborations (which came with little restriction) were amazing not only for people in the US and of course beginners trying to find a first deck (they were some fantastic choices and the bluebird would have been the icing on teh cake if burton had not cocked it up)), but also for us internationals :)

I really hope the guys behind this pick themselves up after this and get on to their next project. The whole burton affair really caused a huge sea-change in their emphasis and you could see that what they were moving towards was restriction free collabs as the core of the business. Indeed when theyre talking about mistakes in not setting aside decks for the southern hemisphere season, you know that they were taking very seriously the notion of a border free international focussed internet business.

Ah whatevers, i wish we'd get a statement from mike but maybe he has a legal blackout. If this place does bork, ill be genuinely sad, its one of the nicest places to talk about snowboarding for me and ive enjoyed my time here a great deal.
m00m
azn_dan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Me and the wifey at stowe

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 4:36pm
maybe he will comment soon, he is posting useful information in the 2011 gear thread and some other one (slipped my mind)
'10 Forces - '10 TRS - '10 Rulers '09 Blunt - '09 Freestyles - '09 Motos
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 4:38pm
ippollite, you're more than welcome over at easy loungin, even if this forum continues to run.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 4:56pm
thanks dude, but i hope the invitation is open to everyone who's genuinely interested in understanding the game :) I also hope the forum here continues, because as most people agreed on the last thread, it does serve a really important function for the industry as a whole in giving people simple information, and quickly while theyre still buzzed :)

The one positive thing out of all this though:
All those people post whoring and review spamming: it might have been a massive waste of their time at the end of the day
m00m
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 4:57pm
l dont think so, if they were in bankruptcy then everything needs to be stopped and sales cant continue. +winter is coming, sales will greatly increase
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by ippollite

thanks dude, but i hope the invitation is open to everyone who's genuinely interested in understanding the game :)

of course.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by keljai

l dont think so, if they were in bankruptcy then everything needs to be stopped and sales cant continue. +winter is coming, sales will greatly increase

they've been in bankruptcy for over a month now....
classic_ben View Drop Down
Local
Local
It's a sign

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by comclovin

Updated court records show Mike H. proposing to sell assets and his domain name of SierraSnowboard.com to "Active Boarder Corporation."  Interesting read the court documents are...  So yeah, take it for what it's worth.

It's probably SS's biggest asset...there is little doubt in my mind that someone will see value in continuing to operate the SS brand
Boneseh View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Killington, VT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 5:06pm
The staff has not commented much which tells me something must be in the works, but I will be praying Sierra remains.  The community is the best I have ever been apart of it's certainly the best group for snowboard advice and fun.
Just call me Dan
Sinixstar View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Obey Chairman Meow!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 5:12pm

Amy Reid says this topic is played out.
Oh - and anal gangbangs are swell.

LOL
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 5:13pm
she has the face of a dude. fail.
Sinixstar View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Obey Chairman Meow!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 5:14pm

she has the face of a dude. fail.

You can't get smacked with that much odangs fat one and not lose something in the process.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 5:16pm
I think one thing to remember is that assets havent been siezed to pay off people. Also, the shopping cart coming down and then returning should be a confidence boost. If the worst did come to the worst on the day it got pulled and sierra lost a lot of its staff, then its return indicates that the company was still legally allowed to trade, which should mean that people can be confident theyll be getting their stuff. I'm hoping someone with much more legal authority can confirm this. My belief would be that bankruptcy leads to assets being siezed and then liquidated. But then, im going by an ignorant popular culture understanding of it all :)

PS. How is this the same person???

she kinda reminds me of danielle foxxx.
m00m
salmonsalami View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 5:39pm
I'm wondering if I should get my Capita Horrorscope and Union Contacts now before the unthinkable happens
mitch84 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 5:53pm

I think one thing to remember is that assets havent been siezed to pay off people. Also, the shopping cart coming down and then returning should be a confidence boost. If the worst did come to the worst on the day it got pulled and sierra lost a lot of its staff, then its return indicates that the company was still legally allowed to trade, which should mean that people can be confident theyll be getting their stuff. I'm hoping someone with much more legal authority can confirm this. My belief would be that bankruptcy leads to assets being siezed and then liquidated. But then, im going by an ignorant popular culture understanding of it all :)

Nice she has a plump face ( even though she looks skinny), not the bony face on most of these skinny chicks
psubballfan12 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by mitch84

Nice she has a plump face ( even though she looks skinny), not the bony face on most of these skinny chicks

but whos really looking at her face? haha
Protect your domes
eldolocal68 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 6:29pm
do you think those are real diamonds? i cant wait to start polluting EL
Snowguy7 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 6:32pm
I'm still only here for the points  Clap
- Whenever I go to shave, I assume there's someone else on the planet shaving, so I say, "I'm gonna go shave, too." -
Sinixstar View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Obey Chairman Meow!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by eldolocal68

do you think those are real diamonds? i cant wait to start polluting EL

I dunno about Diamonds - but i hear she loves to wear pearl necklaces.
LOL

thanks - i'll be here all week. 
don't forget to tip your waitress...

pipecode View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Snowguy7

I'm still only here for the points  Clap

Damn, I don't have enough points.  Let's see.... I'm listening to the tv,  I'm drinking Commodore Perry made by Great Lakes, Keanau Reeves was in Point Break and The Matrix .... how'd I do?
I'm here for the points and if you're reading this, it means I just got one more!
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 6:40pm
gotta get some reviews in...
pipecode View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 6:41pm
Damn, I'm screwed now..... maybe I can make some up.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 6:43pm
I have a thesis on life (for boys) and it goes like this:

The geekier you are, the more barbie/porn star your type.

To wit! The first pic is yummy, the one i posted is bimyo (meh in your language)!
m00m
Snowguy7 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by pipecode

Damn, I'm screwed now..... maybe I can make some up.

I will flag every one of them... must keep the integrity of the review system

now how can I make 700 pts fast?  Anyone have a Nigerian Scammer's phone #?
- Whenever I go to shave, I assume there's someone else on the planet shaving, so I say, "I'm gonna go shave, too." -
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 7:03pm
ooooh oooh! buy $7000 worth of gear.
m00m
treble3 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 7:16pm
i was about to place an international order for some 2011 gear, but given all this talk of bankruptcy and liquidation is it a wise idea? i noticed none of the pictures of the '11 gear are working but i can still add to cart. Dont know what to do. advice?
pipecode View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by treble3

i was about to place an international order for some 2011 gear, but given all this talk of bankruptcy and liquidation is it a wise idea? i noticed none of the pictures of the '11 gear are working but i can still add to cart. Dont know what to do. advice?

How about don't post the same thing in two different threads dipshit.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by pipecode

Originally posted by treble3

How about don't post the same thing in two different threads dipshit.

but thats two points for the same question
treble3 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 7:44pm
couldnt give a crap about points. just wanted a quick answer cos the gear is sitting in my shopping cart waiting
BudAshes View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 10:00pm
I'm starting to think Mike is a genius.  He's coming out of this squeaky clean, with cash and a job.  Meanwhile he got to spread awesome gear around the world for cheap, create his own snowboards, and give awesome boards to people for free.  While doing all this he's hosting fat parties and rewarding everyone on his side.  Plus burton probably got reamed on this whole thing it sounds like.  The only thing they get(which seems to be worth it to them) is a fear factor.  They are showing they are in charge, not the retailers.  Suck the burton odangs fat one or they will end you.

ShockedClap
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 10:03pm
fwiw, Guth is no longer "Sierra Staff". Wasn't he one of the OG staff members?
BudAshes View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 10:17pm

fwiw, Guth is no longer "Sierra Staff". Wasn't he one of the OG staff members?

I liked guth, sad to see him go. 

That reminds me, why did sierra buy a ton of gravis from burton after the lawsuit.  Or even more odd, why did burton sell it to sierra?
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 10:28pm
this is sad to read about, if they are in chapter 7 then it is all over.....

The only hope for the site is that someone else buys over the site and takes over running the online store or incorporates it somehow into their existing business.

It is interesting that the site is still running and people can place orders, some official word would be nice. Just weird that all the 2011 stuff started coming in and then Chapter 7 was filed.
PindaBoy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 11:41pm
I haven't really been following this in detail but have been a member for two seasons now.
I'm sad to see Sierra go, enjoyed reading in the forums and bought a few things from here.

Feels like losing a home away from home if you know what I mean.

Damn shame

Live your dream, don't sleep through it
surgyon View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 11:56pm
It's crazy eddies all over again without the eddie and he made it sooo much fun
xtremez View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2010 at 12:33am
thanks for the good times and huge discounts, gonna miss you heaps if it closes. Hopefully i can still get enough points for a free t-shirt
supcadence View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2010 at 12:52am
i was saving up my points for free goggles, almost got there!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 26>