Jesus Christ

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 42>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Software_Lax20 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jesus Christ
    Posted: Apr/01/2014 at 8:23am
Originally posted by sgreen

Thought I'd share this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egYTTe4w0tk

I find C. S. Lewis, along with G. K. Chesterton, being quoted often by many apologists. God bless.

J.R.R. Tolkein influenced C.S. Lewis? That's very interesting.

C.S. Lewis - "...Christianity capture[s] the mind, fire[s] the imagination, fille[s] the heart..."
"Our hearts must be on fire for the things of God, and so must our reason." - C.S. Lewis

I noticed that at my new church, the College & Young Professionals pastor quotes C.S. Lewis at least once a week. And now I know why.
A lot of people should take a peak at this. Very enlightening.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2014 at 7:48am
From the track "Destroy" from the group Worth Dying For on the album Love Riot:
"It began long ago, when darkness through it's deceit captured the hearts of the sons and daughters of light.
We looked for light, but we found only darkness.
We searched for bright skies, but walked in gloom.
We fumbled like the blind along the wall, feeling our way like people without eyes.
We were destined to fall, even in the brightest days.
We stumbled as if it were dark, among the living, we were like the dead.
We looked for justice, but it never came.
We looked for rescue, but it was far from us.
So He, Himself stepped in to save us with his strong arm and His justice to sub stain Him.
He put on righteousness as armour. Salvation his helmet.
He clothed Himself with a robe of vengeance and wrapped Himself in a cloak of divine passion. He slipped out of His royal garments, left eternity to enter time.
Divinity to wrap Himself in humanity.
The sea of glass for the ocean of separation.
He left peace and for the first time, felt pain.
Because the very hands that held stars, were now sentence to wear my scars.
It was love that purchased this traitors heart.
It's what the prophets spoke about when they envisioned light living in men once again
For this reason I am legend.
Predestined for greatness.
Built for the final hour.
I was born for this.
With weapons in hand, armour in place I now march to a beat of a different drum.
I will break through battle lines that have been drawn by discouragement and despair.
Where more is left to be said, time has met its end.
It's now or never.
Collision with me, myself and I.
You see my mission today is clear, to wake the dead.
So Let freedom's song range.
You're not abandoned.
You're not alone.
Last day warriors, arise, from yesterday ash and raise your fist with us.
We are the army that's charging upon the land.
Defeat is no longer an option.
It is victory."
sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2014 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Software_Lax20

Everyone is precious in God's eyes and therefore we must go out to the harvest of lost people in the world as laborers, and be willing to do what God calls.
We must go beyond personal and geographic borders.
Amen

Thought I'd share this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egYTTe4w0tk

I find C. S. Lewis, along with G. K. Chesterton, being quoted often by many apologists. God bless.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2014 at 9:45am
When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”
And he called to him his twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every disease and every affliction.

Everyone is precious in God's eyes and therefore we must go out to the harvest of lost people in the world as laborers, and be willing to do what God calls.
We must go beyond personal and geographic borders.

What tangible thing is God calling you to do?
sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2014 at 11:07pm
Watched "God's Not Dead" earlier today and liked it. The basic stories are fictional, but I thought the different conflicts that were set forth in the story and the different paths that some of us take in our journey toward God and his Son that were touched on made it interesting. There were several instances in the movie that I found I could relate to, either personally or through someone else's testimony. I'm hopeful that good will come from it, that someone will benefit from seeing it.

Also, in the final credits there is a list of several current court cases dealing with issues of religious freedom.
sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2014 at 7:58am
God’s love is not a response to our initiatives, but is ‘an everlasting love’ (Jeremiah 31:3), predating the very existence of us all. However, it does demand a response from us to make an effective difference to us.    Unknown
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2014 at 7:36am
"Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.
   Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures."

- James 1:12-18
sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2014 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by kzootimmy

He knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside.
—Job 23:10-11
Amen to that and verse 12 with it.
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2014 at 10:21pm
He knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside.
—Job 23:10-11
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2014 at 12:12pm
This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
—1 John 4:9
sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2014 at 7:01pm
http://www.christianpost.com/news/snake-salvation-pastor-jamie-coots-dies-after-snake-bites-him-in-church-he-refused-medical-treatment-114680/

The above link is to an article on a 'Christian' snake handler who died after being bitten by a snake during a church service last Saturday. I'm very tempted to make some tasteless wisecracks about his handling of snakes on the Sabbath or something like that, but the sad truth is he was tempting God (Matt. 4:5-7) with his practice and teaching others to do so.

Without getting too far out in the weeds, this story reminds me again of the importance of our attitude toward God and his promises (Matt. 5:1-12). We should be inspired to humility by them, not emboldened to arrogance (Ro. 8:1, Philippians 3:7,Eph. 2:8, Heb. 3:14).
sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2014 at 7:01pm
"They'll care how much you know when they know how much you care."   Unknown
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2014 at 9:50am
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor;
he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor,
and the day of vengeance of our God;
to comfort all who mourn;
to grant to those who mourn in Zion—
to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit;
that they may be called oaks of righteousness,
the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified.

-Isaiah 61:1-3
sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2014 at 6:41pm
"If you read history you will find that the Christians who did the most for the present world were just those who thought most of the next.  The Apostles themselves, who set on foot the conversion of the Roman Empire, the great men who built up the Middle Ages, the English Evangelicals who abolished the Slave Trade, all left their mark on Earth, precisely because their minds were occupied with Heaven.  It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this.  Aim at Heaven and you will get earth 'thrown in': aim at earth and you will get neither." C. S. Lewis
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2014 at 12:27pm
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
– 1 Corinthians 9:25-27 (NIV)
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2014 at 7:15pm
Then Jesus’ mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him. A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, “Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you.” “Who are my mother and my brothers?” he asked. Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.”
– Mark 3:31-35 (NIV)
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2014 at 11:31pm
Another time Jesus went into the synagogue, and a man with a shriveled hand was there. Some of them were looking for a reason to accuse Jesus, so they watched him closely to see if he would heal him on the Sabbath. Jesus said to the man with the shriveled hand, “Stand up in front of everyone.” Then Jesus asked them, “Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” But they remained silent. He looked around at them in anger and, deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts, said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” He stretched it out, and his hand was completely restored. Then the Pharisees went out and began to plot with the Herodians how they might kill Jesus.
– Mark 3:1-6 (NIV)
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2014 at 9:51am
"The God of brilliant lights
Is shining down over us
Breaking through the darkness
Covering all the earth
Oooh, his love is like an ocean
Oooh, forever overflowing
The God of brilliant lights is shining over us "

-Aaron Shust, God of Brilliant Lights
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2014 at 10:01pm
I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
—Psalm 18:1-2
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2014 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by snowboardslider

"The cruelty of approval is that you can't ever really know what others think of you. But one look at the cross and you can be sure what Jesus thinks of you. He loves you to death. Literally. When talking about approval, my dad likes to say: "What you think of me is none of my business." Making what Jesus thinks of you "your business" is one of the keys to fighting your approval idol." -Sammy Rhodes
word, Lecrae says, "If you live for peoples acceptance, you'll die by their rejection".

So true, it's a scary thing when people say keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer. Your "best bud" that "would take a bullet for you", can be the one behind the trigger.

Jesus' love is incomparable.
snowboardslider View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2014 at 12:15pm

"The cruelty of approval is that you can't ever really know what others think of you. But one look at the cross and you can be sure what Jesus thinks of you. He loves you to death. Literally. When talking about approval, my dad likes to say: "What you think of me is none of my business." Making what Jesus thinks of you "your business" is one of the keys to fighting your approval idol." -Sammy Rhodes
word, Lecrae says, "If you live for peoples acceptance, you'll die by their rejection".
sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2014 at 8:01am
"What would have happened to the disciples in Gethsemane if Christ had not woken them up?"
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2014 at 1:44pm
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2014 at 6:25am
On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’ ”
John 7:37-38

Those who don't believe are thirsty souls that are empty. And those who believe are thirsty souls that are satisfied. Spiritual drinking makes us more thirsty.
sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2014 at 12:44pm
“Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows?” (Isaiah 60:8)

The glory of the gospel is not that it paints ravens white, and whitewashes blackbirds, but that it turns them into doves. It is the glory of our religion not that it makes a man seem what he is not, but that it makes him something else. It takes the raven and turns him into a dove; his ravenish heart becomes a dove’s heart. It is not the feathers that are changed, but the man himself. Glorious gospel, which takes a lion, and does not cut the lion’s mane off, and then cover him with a sheep’s skin, but makes him into a lamb! O church of God! these that have come like doves to their windows are trophies of regenerating grace, which has transformed them, and made them as new creatures in Christ Jesus.

For meditation: We should expect to be among wolves in the world, but beware of them when they are in the church, undetected and unconverted(Matt. 7:15)

Charles Spurgeon 1/27/1856
sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2014 at 8:56am
The poor have the gospel preached to them.” Matthew 11:5

Suggested Further Reading: Amos 7:10-17

There was a tinker once, who never so much as brushed his back against the walls of a college, who wrote a Pilgrim’s Progress. Did ever a doctor in divinity write such a book? There was a pot-boy once—a boy who carried on his back the pewter pots for his mother, who kept the Old Bell. That man drove men mad, as the world had it, but led them to Christ, as we have it, all his life long, until, loaded with honours, he sank into his grave, with the good will of a multitude round about him, with an imperishable name written in the world’s records, as well as in the records of the church. Did you ever hear of any mighty man, whose name stood in more esteem among God’s people than the name of George Whitefield? And yet these were poor men, who, as Wycliffe said, were taking to the preaching of the gospel. If you will read the life of Wycliffe, you will find him saying there, that he believed that the Reformation in England was more promoted by the labours of the poor men whom he sent out from Lutterworth than by his own. He gathered around him a number of the poor people whom he instructed in the faith, and then he sent them two and two into every village, as Jesus did. They went into the market-place, and they gathered the people around; they opened the book and read a chapter, and then they left them a manuscript of it, which for months and years after the people would assemble to read, and would remember the gospellers that had come to tell them the gospel of Christ. These men went from market-place to market-place, from town to town, and from village to village, and though their names are unknown to fame, they were the real reformers.

For meditation: Wycliffe’s translation of the text was “Poor men are taking to the preaching of the gospel.” A small percentage of Christians would be regarded as great in worldly terms (1 Cor. 1:27)—only a tiny fraction of preachers would be so described. Are your preachers suitably honoured and supported by your church (1 Cor. 9:11; Gal. 6:6; 1 Tim. 5:17,18)?

Charles Spurgeon 1/25/1857

sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2014 at 7:29am
Beatitude:
noun
1. supreme blessedness; exalted happiness.
2. ( often initial capital letter ) any of the declarations of blessedness pronounced by Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount.

sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2014 at 6:35pm
Thought this was an interesting article:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/richard-dawkins-foundation-slams-upcoming-ken-ham-bill-nye-debate-for-offering-credibility-to-creationism-112855/

'Thanks' to Software and Kzootimmy for the verses/passages you share on here.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2014 at 6:18am
"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Matthew 11:28-30
God's yoke - Brings wholeness to our restlessness and is how we unload our loads.
sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2014 at 8:29am
I thought this fit with some of the recent posts...

“For the bed is shorter than that a man can stretch himself on it: and the covering narrower than he can wrap himself in it.”  Isaiah 28:20

What a glorious thing, it is to be a Christian, to have faith in Christ. Come my soul, take thy rest, the great High Priest has full atonement made. Thou hast much good laid up, not for many years, but for eternity; take thine ease; eat spiritual things; drink wine on the lees and be merry; for it cannot be said of thee, “tomorrow thou shalt die,” for thou shalt never die, for “thy life is hid with Christ in God.” Thou art no fool to take thy ease and rest, for this is legitimate ease and rest, the rest which the God of Sabaoth hath provided for all his people. And then, O Christian! march boldly to the river of death, march calmly up to the throne of judgment, enter placidly and joyfully into the inheritance of thy Lord, for thou hast about thee an armour that can keep thee from the arrows of death, a wedding garment that makes thee fit to sit down at the banquet of the Lord. Thou hast about thee a royal robe that makes thee a fit companion even for Jesus, the King of kings, when he shall admit thee into his secret chambers, and permit thee to hold holy and close fellowship with him. I cannot resist quoting that verse of the hymn:

“With his spotless vesture on,
Holy as the Holy One.”

That is the sum and substance of it all. And on this bed let us take our rest, and during this week let us make Christ’s work our only garment, and we shall find it long enough, and broad enough, for us to wrap ourselves up in it.

For meditation: The Christian’s sufficiency is not his own but comes from God (1Corinthians 3:5)
Charles Spurgeon 1/9/1859
sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2014 at 6:08pm
"You can speak of the ethical foundations of science but you cannot speak of the scientific foundations of ethics." Attributed to Albert Einstein by mathematician John Lennox in an interview with Chris Mulherin [(http://www.asenseofawe.net/) at the bottom of the page]
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2014 at 10:41am
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
– Romans 12:12 (NIV)
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2014 at 6:15am
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2014 at 7:49pm
o not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not corrupt and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
—Matthew 6:19-20
sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2014 at 8:59pm
"If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?"   Credited to famed missionary doctor, David Livingstone
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2014 at 11:05am
Be imitators of God as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
—Ephesians 5:1-2
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2014 at 7:26am
'About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them, and suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken. And immediately all the doors were opened, and everyone’s bonds were unfastened. When the jailer woke and saw that the prison doors were open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, supposing that the prisoners had escaped. But Paul cried with a loud voice, “Do not harm yourself, for we are all here.” And the jailer called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas. Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”' Acts 16:25-31

God has a plan and we need to get on our faces and ask what/how.
God brings confirmation. We see this by not leaving Paul and Silas hanging in the jail.
Things are going to get rough. Confrontation is coming and we, as disciples, are going to have to get used to it.
frazilhusx View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote frazilhusx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2014 at 2:18am
For God's sake.
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2014 at 6:36pm
By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life.
– Psalm 42:8 (NIV)
sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2014 at 10:11am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eb-I0S_THQ

If anyone should follow the above link and watch the short (5:27) video, pay close attention to Christopher Hitchens's expressions from about 3:40 to around 4:12, particularly when Douglas Wilson utters the phrase "He doesn't have any car to drive of his own".

Thought I'd add this to kzootimmy's VOTD from yesterday:
   Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.   Isaiah 1:16-17

God bless.
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2014 at 7:47pm
He [God] has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
—Micah 6:8
sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2014 at 7:39pm

I'm so glad someone made a thread about Christianity. If only I could find more on the hill.

Here's a verse we went over on Sunday talking about The new year and the idea of "today."

"So teach us to number our days
that we may get a heart of wisdom."

Psalm 90:12

We think so much about the past and the future that we forget about the present. We need to make today count. Today is always the day someone could get saved.
Welcome to TruSnow
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2014 at 8:23am
For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in this present age...
—Titus 2:11-12
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2014 at 6:28am
I'm so glad someone made a thread about Christianity. If only I could find more on the hill.

Here's a verse we went over on Sunday talking about The new year and the idea of "today."

"So teach us to number our days
that we may get a heart of wisdom."

Psalm 90:12

We think so much about the past and the future that we forget about the present. We need to make today count. Today is always the day someone could get saved.
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2014 at 8:57am
Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
—Psalms 90:12
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2014 at 8:48pm
If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
—2 Corinthians 5:17
sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2014 at 11:09am
I don't know anything about Carl Lentz (hadn't heard his name till this morning), but he seemed to be more than a little evasive in this interview:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/pastor-carl-lentz-will-not-preach-on-sexuality-from-pulpit-refuses-to-ostracize-people-111211/

Anybody here familiar with him?

sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2014 at 9:42am
This verse seemed a good companion to the passage from Ephesians:

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.   2Cor. 5:17
sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2013 at 10:45pm
God bless everyone as we enter a new year.

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.   Ephesians 6:10-13

Hang in there, Slider
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2013 at 6:46am
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God...
—John 1:12
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 42>