Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 43>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
snowboardslider View Drop Down
Local
Local
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Online Status: Offline
  Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jesus Christ
    Posted: Yesterday at 8:13pm
Originally posted by jbrandonb11

When you guys are chattin with the big guy upstairs don't forget:  Pray for Snow, a long riding season, and while you're at it throw in a good word for me! Wink
I sure will Brandon! God, I pray that you will allow us to receive a foot or two of snow this winter, and that the season will go into April, and for Brandon to come to know of your love, and how you know how to give good gifts, Amen!!
jbrandonb11 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jbrandonb11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 3:16pm
When you guys are chattin with the big guy upstairs don't forget:  Pray for Snow, a long riding season, and while you're at it throw in a good word for me! Wink
Joshua
Local
Local
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2014 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Software_Lax20

Also, in being faithful in the small things will help you be faithful in the big things also. You can grow in Christ. God knows that we will still sin after being saved. But making that commitment to try and push Satan out of our lives, push the worldly pleasures out of our lives is where God will find joy. And when God has joy in us, we have joy in Him.
wow, thanks chillax. (hope you don't mind that term) that's totally where I'm at right now. desiring to draw closer to God through immediate obedience, and accepting His mercy and grace when I fall short. I usually hang out in the guilt of False Humility and Pride simultaneously. trying to accept that through Christ I will do and be awesomeness, and like Jesus, will be sought after to be put on a pedestal. I'm ready for it now. so when the praise comes, I know where it needs to go.
Software_Lax20 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2014 at 6:23am
Also, in being faithful in the small things will help you be faithful in the big things also. You can grow in Christ. God knows that we will still sin after being saved. But making that commitment to try and push Satan out of our lives, push the worldly pleasures out of our lives is where God will find joy. And when God has joy in us, we have joy in Him.
Local
Local
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2014 at 7:58pm

Luke 18:27
But He said, "What is impossible with man is possible with God."
chillax software, I totally agree with you. I'm learning that the small things are big to God. (responsibility, being faithful in the small things). and the big things are small to him. (His resources, freely poured out when we are obedient)
Local
Local
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2014 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by JoeyGlazer

I usually avoid this thread but this post ^ caught my eye.  Absolutely horrible.  What kind of person does something like that?  Savages.
I feel ya Joey. for people to have such an attitude about the body that God gave them is messed up. though you have to understand, it's just how people(including myself) think when we aren't living life in God's love.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2014 at 6:13am
Luke 18:27
But He said, "What is impossible with man is possible with God."
JoeyGlazer View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2014 at 6:10am
I usually avoid this thread but this post ^ caught my eye.  Absolutely horrible.  What kind of person does something like that?  Savages.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2014 at 10:01pm
Brave. May God be with their families. This won't be the last time we hear these types of reports.

http://aclj.org/jihad/isis-reportedly-beheads-four-christian-children-in-iraq-for-refusing-to-convert-to-islam?sf34506665=1
Local
Local
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2014 at 11:30am
Originally posted by sgreen

Some years ago, the well-known astronomer Hugh Ross and I were taking part in a radio talk show at Ohio State University. We were discussing some theme related to the origin of the universe when an irate woman called in and began to attack us with a volley of words. Her charge was that our conversation was really nothing more than a smoke screen for reversing Roe versus Wade and taking away a woman's right to an abortion. Remember,we were talking about the origin of the universe. Throughout her tirade she repeatedly insisted, "It's my moral right to do what I choose to do with my body!"

Finally, when she paused for a breath, I said, "All right ma'am, since you brought it up, I'd like to ask you a question. Can you explain something to me? When a plane crashes and some die while others live, a skeptic calls into question God's moral character, saying that he has chosen some to live and others to die on a whim; yet you say it is your moral right to choose whether the child within you should live or die. Does that not sound odd to you? When God decides who should live or die, he is immoral. When you decide who should live or die, it's your moral right."

There was a pin-drop silence.

A person may dismissively say that he or she does not see a moral order. But I strongly suspect that the real issue is not an absence of moral order in the world but the insistence on determining for oneself what is good and what is evil, in spite of what we intuitively know to be true.

-  Ravi Zacharias (The End Of Reason, pages 59-60)

wow, sgreen. that's deep. I find myself questioning out loud things like that. backwards logic that makes sense in the mind decrepit from not following Christ. I walked away for a bit, but I'm back. good thing He never left or forsake me. :)
Local
Local
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2014 at 11:26am
hey guys. just wanted to put up a blast on what I'm thankful as we transition from Thanksgiving to Christmas. so, here we go.
1. Honda Accord 1998 Standard Transmission Dx.
2. Snowboard getup. everything.
3. my fam.
4. America, the land that I love, and live in. Far from perfection or complete disorder.
5. the legit snow we received for Thanksgiving.
6. snowboarding at Big Boulder opening day, and days after.
7. season pass to Camelback Mountain Resort.
8. our dog, Lilac. 6 months old. 
9. the opportunity to love people less fortunate.
10. The hope I have in Jesus. True life, joy, and happiness. better than all my hopes and dreams. bigger than all my fears and inadequacies.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2014 at 10:40am

I want to instantiate a challenge.

From Thanksgiving to Christmas I want you all to share the Gospel with those whom you don't see.

Here's an example. I am pledging to leave Bible verses on my desk in my cubicle and when the cleaning crew comes by at night I want them to see the verse and have it spark something in them. Maybe they vacuum it up. Maybe the put it in the trash. Maybe the put it in their pocket. Overtime, I'm hoping that the words they read will move within them. Although I never see the cleaning crew, I want to share the good news of God.

For some of you, this example is applicable. For some, it may not be. All I'm saying is to find a way to remind our global neighbors that we love them. Because God meant it when he said "Love thy neighbor" (Matthew 22:39).

That is a cool idea. I am in.
tazsurf View Drop Down
Local
Local
Me and my nephew

Quote tazsurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2014 at 7:00pm
http://www.christianrock.net/
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2014 at 12:26am
Some years ago, the well-known astronomer Hugh Ross and I were taking part in a radio talk show at Ohio State University. We were discussing some theme related to the origin of the universe when an irate woman called in and began to attack us with a volley of words. Her charge was that our conversation was really nothing more than a smoke screen for reversing Roe versus Wade and taking away a woman's right to an abortion. Remember,we were talking about the origin of the universe. Throughout her tirade she repeatedly insisted, "It's my moral right to do what I choose to do with my body!"

Finally, when she paused for a breath, I said, "All right ma'am, since you brought it up, I'd like to ask you a question. Can you explain something to me? When a plane crashes and some die while others live, a skeptic calls into question God's moral character, saying that he has chosen some to live and others to die on a whim; yet you say it is your moral right to choose whether the child within you should live or die. Does that not sound odd to you? When God decides who should live or die, he is immoral. When you decide who should live or die, it's your moral right."

There was a pin-drop silence.

A person may dismissively say that he or she does not see a moral order. But I strongly suspect that the real issue is not an absence of moral order in the world but the insistence on determining for oneself what is good and what is evil, in spite of what we intuitively know to be true.

-  Ravi Zacharias (The End Of Reason, pages 59-60)

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2014 at 6:16am
I want to instantiate a challenge.

From Thanksgiving to Christmas I want you all to share the Gospel with those whom you don't see.

Here's an example. I am pledging to leave Bible verses on my desk in my cubicle and when the cleaning crew comes by at night I want them to see the verse and have it spark something in them. Maybe they vacuum it up. Maybe the put it in the trash. Maybe the put it in their pocket. Overtime, I'm hoping that the words they read will move within them. Although I never see the cleaning crew, I want to share the good news of God.

For some of you, this example is applicable. For some, it may not be. All I'm saying is to find a way to remind our global neighbors that we love them. Because God meant it when he said "Love thy neighbor" (Matthew 22:39).
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2014 at 9:40am
This really did help a lot.
We have a discipleship program at my church where two people meet and read through Multiply by Francis Chan. One of the persons is supposed to be like a mentor of sorts to guide the lesson/reading. My partner and I are on the same level but we like to bounce these kind of thought-provoking questions. When I brought this question up it took him a while to answer. It seemed as though he sort of felt the same way.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2014 at 11:32pm

So I've heard a two sides to a coin and I'd liek to see if someone can help enlighten me on something.
As Christians, we are to share the Gospel, correct? But I've heard some leaders/speakers say that we should let God build us up and we should allow the Hoyl Spirit to mature us in our spirituality before we go sharing. I believe Paul also says that our tongues can hurt the spread of the Gospel the most. To me it sounded like he was saying that we should learn and be sure that we know what we speak of before we go and preach the wrong message. Other places I've heard that when we share the Gospel, the Holy Spirit moves in us and puts the words in our mouths for us.

I'm conflicted as to how I am to go about sharing the Gospel. Anyone have any thoughts on how to clear this up?
Always start w/God’s word. It’s the starting point/foundation for everything we know about God and what he wants from/for us. (Look at Psalm 119 and note how the psalmist describes the importance, necessity, etc. of scripture.)

In John 6, Jesus asked the 12 if they would also leave him. Peter’s response was (v.68), “Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.” They understood that Christ was their source of truth (and life). That’s where you start.

In 1 Corinthians 3, Paul says, “For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.” That foundation is laid through the teaching of the scriptures. There is revelation involved in our coming to more complete knowledge of truth (Mt. 16:13-17 and related passages in Mk. 8 and Jn. 11), but that revelation is going to be built on/drawn out from the foundation of the scriptures.

In looking at the 2 schools of thought you mentioned, I think there are truths in both. The only problem I see is if you treat both as absolute. I wouldn’t do that with either one. I tend to think that it’s more a case of the Holy Spirit bringing the words out of us than putting them into us at that moment. The word needs to be in us first. He can take a little and make a lot out of it, so the more that is in us the more that can be brought out/multiplied. (Think of the parable of the feeding of the 4000, etc.)

Hopefully, this will give you somewhat of a start toward a resolution to your dilemma. God bless.

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2014 at 6:23am
So I've heard a two sides to a coin and I'd liek to see if someone can help enlighten me on something.
As Christians, we are to share the Gospel, correct? But I've heard some leaders/speakers say that we should let God build us up and we should allow the Hoyl Spirit to mature us in our spirituality before we go sharing. I believe Paul also says that our tongues can hurt the spread of the Gospel the most. To me it sounded like he was saying that we should learn and be sure that we know what we speak of before we go and preach the wrong message. Other places I've heard that when we share the Gospel, the Holy Spirit moves in us and puts the words in our mouths for us.

I'm conflicted as to how I am to go about sharing the Gospel. Anyone have any thoughts on how to clear this up?
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2014 at 7:34pm
Here's a link to Eric Metaxas' interview of Stephen Meyer on his 2013 book "Darwin's Doubt". Some might find this interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFPhTDfcbrA#t=3098
riccavts View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote riccavts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2014 at 9:53am
Jesus please let the snow fall down this season in Italy!!
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2014 at 11:05pm
"To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it."   G.K. Chesterton
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2014 at 7:23am
Originally posted by snowboardslider

Do y'all have a favourite translation to read from? When you find an interesting or confusing verse do you crack into other translations to explore passages more.
I find myself using the ESV. It cuts down on the fancy wording that most European translations contain so reading is actually less distracting with the "thee", "thy" and all the extra filler while retaining the power and tone that was meant to be read.
I know what you mean. I can't stand reading the NIV sometimes online. it's totally different from my NIV Fire Bible. less accurate. just weird. sometimes I'll look up a verse in NKJ just for the original feel. however, I usually just speak to text whatever fragment of a verse comes to mind into my phone, and it brings up the version closest to how I phrased it from memory. I love how God is using technology for good, what the devil intended for evil.

Sometimes I want to study Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic just so I can read the original manuscripts and feel the true passion and emotion from the words they used versus the translations we read today.
Local
Local
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2014 at 8:02am

Do y'all have a favourite translation to read from? When you find an interesting or confusing verse do you crack into other translations to explore passages more.
I find myself using the ESV. It cuts down on the fancy wording that most European translations contain so reading is actually less distracting with the "thee", "thy" and all the extra filler while retaining the power and tone that was meant to be read.
I know what you mean. I can't stand reading the NIV sometimes online. it's totally different from my NIV Fire Bible. less accurate. just weird. sometimes I'll look up a verse in NKJ just for the original feel. however, I usually just speak to text whatever fragment of a verse comes to mind into my phone, and it brings up the version closest to how I phrased it from memory. I love how God is using technology for good, what the devil intended for evil.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2014 at 5:22pm
"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found difficult; and left untried." G. K. Chesterton
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2014 at 6:24am
jeffmcneelio View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jeffmcneelio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2014 at 10:50am
I would always prefer a laid back "fun" pastor to a real serious pastor. But the important thing is no matter which type of pastor you are following, they must be following the word of God closely. There is nothing in the Bible that says we can't have fun. I love a sermon that leaves you feeling good, and it's important to hear the sermons that challenge you to do better as well. Those don't always feel as good. Pastors have to find that delicate/difficult balance between reaching people without scaring them off and yet still not watering down the message.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2014 at 6:41pm
As C.S. Lewis once said of the Christian, “Of all men, we hope most of death; yet nothing will reconcile us to…its ‘unnaturalness.’ We know that we were not made for it; we know how it crept into our destiny as an intruder; and we know Who has defeated it.” In the riddle of life and death, the psalmist expounds this certainty of God’s action. “But God will ransom my soul from the power of the grave, for he will receive me.”

Taken from the article "Dark Riddle" by Jill Carattini
http://www.rzim.org/a-slice-of-infinity/dark-riddle/
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2014 at 6:27am
Originally posted by sgreen

Would you prefer a serious pastor or a laid back pastor?
I agree with lightning. Personality is not going to be requisite #1 on any list of qualities for elder/bishop, but are those 2 personality traits mutually exclusive?

Not mutually exclusive. Growing up the pastors were fun-ish at the pulpit and more fun in person. The one at the church I go to now is fun but serious at the same time. Laid back but still doesn't allow other leaders to slack or the congregation to fall asleep. It's kind of like how Google or Facebook have their work environments: fun, relaxed, and productive.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2014 at 9:08pm

I agree with lightning. Personality is not going to be requisite #1 on any list of qualities for elder/bishop, but are those 2 personality traits mutually exclusive?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2014 at 8:47am
Originally posted by JDiggidy

Growing up, when i used to do the church thing, our pastor guy was super laid back. he made church and the whole thing "fun" and meaningful at the same time. most of his sermons were tidbits of his own life. just a really good guy.

You said you "used to do the church thing..." Why did you stop?
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2014 at 2:50pm
A pastor that preaches the Truth.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2014 at 9:57am
Growing up, when i used to do the church thing, our pastor guy was super laid back.  he made church and the whole thing "fun" and meaningful at the same time.  most of his sermons were tidbits of his own life.  just a really good guy.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2014 at 6:57am
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2014 at 2:26pm
"The more you read the Bible, and the more you meditate upon it, the more you will be astonished with it." —Spurgeon
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2014 at 6:28am
"Faith is at the root of all true worship, and 'without faith' it is impossible to please [God]"(Heb. 11:6) —Tozer
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2014 at 3:17pm
Luke 6:40 English Standard Version (ESV)

A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone when he is fully trained will be like his teacher.
red_baron View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote red_baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2014 at 4:21pm
thanks for the heads up on those ^^
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2014 at 11:34am
I'm an audio-phile and while I know that not all music sounds aesthetically pleasing, I still love finding and listening to Christian artist. Here are some radio stations to stream if people are interested. Share artist and radio stations you've found that you enjoy.

Boost 101.9 - St. Louis
NGEN Radio 89.3 - Houston
NRT Christian Online Radio
k-brew View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote k-brew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2014 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by red_baron

YouVersion app (which you might have downloaded) has reading plans that you can use and go by topic or goals. There are a few on praying that you should try.

I really like youversion

The app I have is called olive tree but I will download youversion
red_baron View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote red_baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2014 at 12:10pm

YouVersion app (which you might have downloaded) has reading plans that you can use and go by topic or goals. There are a few on praying that you should try.
I really like youversion
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2014 at 7:01am
It is nice to have a plan, and something that keeps you on track. Having someone to be accountable for it is also very helpful. 
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2014 at 6:22am
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2014 at 6:18am
Originally posted by k-brew

I was trying to find a new pray a day besides just the internet. That helps a lot sgreen. I downloaded the bible app and it keeps me reading and picks up where I left off.

Look at Psalms. David did a lot of praising and giving thanks to the Lord in his poema.

I pray on my commute to work. It's great because driving doesn't take much thought and I can see the sky and all that He has created. The day has just started and there is so much to be thankful for and pray about.

Keep in mind that prayers should be personal:
Start with thanking God for all He has done. For sending His son for us.
Then ask Him to forgive you. Confess what you have done wrong and ask Him to help make you into what he longs for you to be.
Then approach Him with your concerns. He already knows what your heart desires, but he finds joy in His children coming to Him for guidance and assistance.
k-brew View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote k-brew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2014 at 6:28pm
I was trying to find a new pray a day besides just the internet. That helps a lot sgreen. I downloaded the bible app and it keeps me reading and picks up where I left off.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2014 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by k-brew

Prayers are always answered it is just when and where. That is the true awesomeness of what God can do for each and every one of us. Any suggestions on where to find a whole batch of prayers to thank The Lord?!
Not sure just what you mean by "find"ing prayers, but maybe the book of Psalms is what you're looking for.
k-brew View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote k-brew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2014 at 8:04am
Prayers are always answered it is just when and where. That is the true awesomeness of what God can do for each and every one of us. Any suggestions on where to find a whole batch of prayers to thank The Lord?!
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2014 at 5:24pm

“Worship is the submission of all our nature to God. It is the quickening of conscience by His holiness; the nourishment of mind with His truth; the purifying of imagination by His beauty; the opening of the heart to His love; the surrender of will to His purpose — and all of this gathered up in adoration, the most selfless emotion of which our nature is capable and therefore the chief remedy for that self-centeredness which is our original sin and the source of all actual sin.”

- William Temple, Archbishop of Canterbury

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2014 at 7:47am
Originally posted by HAVEN2135

I would say a lot of worship preference comes from your learning style and music taste. The church I attend has multiple preachers and it is interesting to listen to people talk about who they like and don't like. However one connects a lot of the sermon to history, another sports, and the third with stories.l

I agree completely. That's why a lot of church's will have additional group meetings for youth. They learn differently and go through different things at different points in life. And teens are especially hard to hold attention and keep involved.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2014 at 12:15pm
“Truth is so obscure in these times, and falsehood so established, that unless we love the truth, we cannot know it.”   Blaise Pascal
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2014 at 11:33am
I would say a lot of worship preference comes from your learning style and music taste. The church I attend has multiple preachers and it is interesting to listen to people talk about who they like and don't like. However one connects a lot of the sermon to history, another sports, and the third with stories.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 43>