Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 3536373839 42>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Online Status: Online
  Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jesus Christ
    Posted: Jun/16/2012 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by sgreen

God bless all the dads out there and happy Father's Day tomorrow.

Thanks for the reminder, for some reason I thought it was next Sunday instead!  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
GeckosGoMoo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote GeckosGoMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2012 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by snowboardslider

i find disturbing that 54% modify their belief in God, to adapt to Science(which He created).

I don't know why you find that disturbing. Religion thrives solely due to indoctrination. In this age of wide-spread information, it's becoming harder and harder to keep our children brainwashed into such closed belief systems. I think in the near future that 54% will be disturbing because it's such a low number.
I'm a dance floor tiger lady bumping everything she has, touching every single lad, rubbing every lady bad.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2012 at 6:35am
“I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be in another world; but still I am not what I once used to be, and by the grace of God I am what I am”
―John Newton
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2012 at 8:22am
Originally posted by robnezz23

“I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be in another world; but still I am not what I once used to be, and by the grace of God I am what I am”
―John Newton
Ever read 'The Pilgrims Progress'? I HIGHLY recommend it. Some of Newton's sermons are still available, too.

[EDIT]Color me red.Embarrassed I got John Newton and John Bunyan mixed up. Oh, well. My suggestion stands, but it is completely unrelated to robnezz's post.Big smile
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2012 at 10:08pm
God bless everyone on Independence Day. Something that came to mind while thinking about this blessed country we live in...

1Chronicles 7:11-22

11 Thus Solomon finished the house of the Lord, and the king's house: and all that came into Solomon's heart to make in the house of the Lord, and in his own house, he prosperously effected.
12 And the Lord appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice.
13 If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
15 Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.
16 For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there for ever: and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.

A lot of folks are familiar with this first part of the passage, especially verse 14, but the next part is also important.

17 And as for thee, if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, and do according to all that I have commanded thee, and shalt observe my statutes and my judgments;
18 Then will I stablish the throne of thy kingdom, according as I have covenanted with David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man to be ruler in Israel.
19 But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them;
20 Then will I pluck them up by the roots out of my land which I have given them; and this house, which I have sanctified for my name, will I cast out of my sight, and will make it to be a proverb and a byword among all nations.
21 And this house, which is high, shall be an astonishment to every one that passeth by it; so that he shall say, Why hath the Lord done thus unto this land, and unto this house?
22 And it shall be answered, Because they forsook the Lord God of their fathers, which brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, and laid hold on other gods, and worshipped them, and served them: therefore hath he brought all this evil upon them.

And, finally...

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/12/2012 at 7:39am

―John Newton
Ever read 'The Pilgrims Progress'? I HIGHLY recommend it. Some of Newton's sermons are still available, too.

[EDIT]Color me red.Embarrassed I got John Newton and John Bunyan mixed up. Oh, well. My suggestion stands, but it is completely unrelated to robnezz's post.Big smile

No worries.

On a different note, here is a good read about how to have a healthy schedule in your life.  Confront the lies, and know the truth!

snowboardslider View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/12/2012 at 4:24pm
hey people, what's up? i haven't connected with you guys in a while. just wanted to share what God is doing in my life. 2 months ago, God blessed me with the opportunity to get involved with a business called Melaleuca: the wellness company. we sell eco friendly, 'green', chemical free, low cost, all natural products. we sell 350 items. it's truly an amazing business opportunity. i made $12.50 the first month for signing up one customer, and $80ish last month. this month there is an extra incentive to sign up 4 people and earn $500; 4 more earns $1000. Additionally, they have another promotion going to January in which i can earn $5000-10,000!(just a taste of our amazing benefits) now you may think that i'm trying to sell you right now, but i'm not. i'm just sharing how God has blessed me. i also feel that he is setting me up to go to the Marines as well. God is good...all the time!
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 5:45am

hey people, what's up? i haven't connected with you guys in a while. just wanted to share what God is doing in my life. 2 months ago, God blessed me with the opportunity to get involved with a business called Melaleuca: the wellness company. we sell eco friendly, 'green', chemical free, low cost, all natural products. we sell 350 items. it's truly an amazing business opportunity. i made $12.50 the first month for signing up one customer, and $80ish last month. this month there is an extra incentive to sign up 4 people and earn $500; 4 more earns $1000. Additionally, they have another promotion going to January in which i can earn $5000-10,000!(just a taste of our amazing benefits) now you may think that i'm trying to sell you right now, but i'm not. i'm just sharing how God has blessed me. i also feel that he is setting me up to go to the Marines as well. God is good...all the time!

I hope you didn't pay money to get into this MLM.  
Many MLMs are highly unethical because they prey on less fortunate people.  
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 6:00am
I think God is telling you to join the Marines, too, as quickly as possible.
red_baron View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote red_baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 6:03am
you guys don't believe in Pyramid scams?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2012 at 4:25am
Originally posted by mech9t5

I hope you didn't pay money to get into this MLM.  
Many MLMs are highly unethical because they prey on less fortunate people.  
Actually, it's not a MLM, or a pyramid scam. it's the best thing since sliced bread, and i'll be earning a few thousand dollars a month from it. i would have to show it to you honestly, for you to believe me. if you only knew what the company was about, you wouldn't say that.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2012 at 4:27am
Originally posted by ctoma

I think God is telling you to join the Marines, too, as quickly as possible.
okay...i obviously know you are joking, but i can't figure out why.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2012 at 4:31am
Originally posted by red_baron

can you guys do me a favor? before spouting off once more about what you THINK you know about my company, Melaleuca, i insist you go to the website, and watch any given video. watch a few videos for that matter. then tell me what you think. Frank Vandersloot founded Melaleuca with this motto, "Enhancing The Lives of Those We Touch By Helping People Reach Their Goalsthat should say something about the company right their.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2012 at 4:42am
please just watch this video to understand where i'm coming from. im not trying to sell anyone on my company, i just want to clarify some misunderstandings.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2012 at 10:23am

please just watch this video to understand where i'm coming from. im not trying to sell anyone on my company, i just want to clarify some misunderstandings.

you are clarifying perfectly.  The excerpt in your quote clearly states "REFERRAL MARKETING"  MLM. 

I don't know what's worse, getting brainwashed by fundamentalist religions, getting brainwashed by MLMs, or both at the same time!
VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 6:39am

Of course they do, organized religion is one big pyramid scheme.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 12:09pm

I don't know what's worse, getting brainwashed by fundamentalist religions, getting brainwashed by MLMs, or both at the same time!
Depends on your world view.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by VermontRider

Who's at the top?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2012 at 6:32am

[QUOTE=mech9t5]I don't know what's worse, getting brainwashed by fundamentalist religions, getting brainwashed by MLMs, or both at the same time!
Melaleuca is NOT an MLM company. true, we do have levels, but it isn't like a pyramid system at all. you think you know what this company is. and that's because of other companies that have messed up.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2012 at 8:51am

[QUOTE=mech9t5]I don't know what's worse, getting brainwashed by fundamentalist religions, getting brainwashed by MLMs, or both at the same time!
Melaleuca is NOT an MLM company. true, we do have levels, but it isn't like a pyramid system at all. you think you know what this company is. and that's because of other companies that have messed up.

You are a "sales/marketing" person selling the company products and there are multiple levels (you get residuals from your downline).   I'd say it is a classic definition of MLM.

Here's a few more questions:
1. Are you also encouraged to "market" to your friends/family/etc?
2. Do you have to buy the products you're selling up front?
3. Is there a minimum purchase you have to make to maintain your status?
4. Is there an initiation/enrollment fee?
5. Do you get bonuses for recruiting?

Answer yes to any of these, chances are you are involved in an MLM.  Answer yes to ALL of these, then it is for sure an MLM.

Seriously, you should go get a real job that does not prey on the weak minded looking for get rich quick schemes.  Most MLMs are unethical and it is likely jesus would not approve.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2012 at 12:37pm

You are a "sales/marketing" person selling the company products and there are multiple levels (you get residuals from your downline).   I'd say it is a classic definition of MLM.

Here's a few more questions:
1. Are you also encouraged to "market" to your friends/family/etc?
2. Do you have to buy the products you're selling up front?
3. Is there a minimum purchase you have to make to maintain your status?
4. Is there an initiation/enrollment fee?
5. Do you get bonuses for recruiting?

Answer yes to any of these, chances are you are involved in an MLM.  Answer yes to ALL of these, then it is for sure an MLM.

Seriously, you should go get a real job that does not prey on the weak minded looking for get rich quick schemes.  Most MLMs are unethical and it is likely jesus would not approve.
Not sure what definition of 'real job' or 'ethics' you're using, but by any definition I'm aware of, working in a MLM is a real job. And since, according to you, "most MLM's are unethical", some are not. So, isn't the important question whether or not the company Slider works for (Melaleuca) is ethical?

By the way, where do your ethics come from? 
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2012 at 12:45pm
^^^ If slidur is hyping it then, rest assured, it's a pyramid scheme.  I question how that dude gets though life.  Remember when God first sent him to the torture dentist but then fixed his grill?  Good luck buddy!

-b
get bent
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2012 at 5:33am

Not sure what definition of 'real job' or 'ethics' you're using, but by any definition I'm aware of, working in a MLM is a real job. And since, according to you, "most MLM's are unethical", some are not. So, isn't the important question whether or not the company Slider works for (Melaleuca) is ethical?

By the way, where do your ethics come from? 

I say "most" simply because if I say "all", the literal language police will say that I cannot possibly certify that 100% of MLMs are unethical.  Slider has not provided a single point that shows what he is doing via Melaleuca is ethical.  

Ethics come through natural evolution of society and through social norms.

My definition of "real job" is where you get paid for working.  Not where you have to pay a fee before you can work for them.

MLMs are unethical because their primary pitch is telling you how much money you can make when they know FULL well that you have almost no chance of making any money at all.  And, they also know FULL well that you will likely LOSE money.  

robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2012 at 11:57am

Passage of the day, from James 1-19:

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry"

Happy Friday everyone, enjoy your weekend!
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2012 at 2:52pm

Who's at the top?
Have you seen the Vatican? Maybe some pictures on the internet of the vast priceless treasures they have there? Maybe google it. Looks like the top to me.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2012 at 9:24pm

Passage of the day, from James 1-19:

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry"

Happy Friday everyone, enjoy your weekend!
That requires self-discipline, rationality and open-mindedness, among other things. [EDIT]Here are more to go along with that:
Psalm 34:8- O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
Joshua 24 (the whole chapter)
Matthew 28:28-30-
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2012 at 10:22pm
I got baptized in water 4 days ago. Praise God for watching over me for 19 years of my life. :)
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2012 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by julius77

Who's at the top?
Have you seen the Vatican? Maybe some pictures on the internet of the vast priceless treasures they have there? Maybe google it. Looks like the top to me.
My question was rhetorical. We're talking about organized religion being a pyramid scheme, right? I don't see how organized religion in general, or the Catholic church specifically, fit into the standard definition of a pyramid scheme.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2012 at 9:57pm
Here is a link to a video that I think some might find interesting, maybe even helpful...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6474278760369344626

It's an interview by Richard Dawkins of Alister McGrath, a Christian theologian, for a TV documentary Dawkins filmed several years ago. I found it interesting, anyway.

God bless you.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2012 at 6:28am
WOW, God is good. when i was at church today, i recieved yet more confirmation that God 's plan for me is to join the Marines. right now, i'm trying very hard to be obedient, to tithe (ten percent on the gross), and whatever else He wants me to do, and He is really moving on my behalf. "seek ye first the kingdom, and all these things will be added unto you, according to His riches and mercy".
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2012 at 9:36am
Good on ya for your obedience and continued walk with Jesus.  Best of luck to you with life in the military, and may God bless you in that pursuit. 

Remember my fellow brother that the 10% number in and of itself is nowhere to be found in the New Testament.  God is not concerned with holding us to the standard of a certain percentage.  Give sacrificially, regularly, and humbly are the only commands.  I can look up scripture references if you'd like, but my point is that to be obedient in giving, it's not achieving a certain percentage that makes you obedient.  It has more to do with the realization that 1. everything you do should be for God's glory and to advance his kingdom, and 2. that all your possessions, money, etc belong to God since he has empowered you in the first place with the ability to make that money.  Plus, earthly possessions are fleeting and will not matter when you die.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2012 at 9:19am

WOW, God is good. when i was at church today, i recieved yet more confirmation that God 's plan for me is to join the Marines. right now, i'm trying very hard to be obedient, to tithe (ten percent on the gross), and whatever else He wants me to do, and He is really moving on my behalf. "seek ye first the kingdom, and all these things will be added unto you, according to His riches and mercy".

as rob says, make sure you are doing what god wants you to do and not what the church wants you to do.  cause they aren't the same thing.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2012 at 10:08am
Sometimes they are the same thing, but too often they are not.  Even among churches of different theologies there are disagreements on these things.  For instance, a topic that I've had to deal with recently is infant baptism:  do we baptize our son, or is baptism meant for people who have made a concious decision to follow Jesus?

I will admit, at times it is hard to know what God wants you to do.  Pray and ask for help with direction.  Most importantly, don't do all the speaking; allow God time to speak to you.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2012 at 1:33pm
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2012 at 7:09am

as rob says, make sure you are doing what god wants you to do and not what the church wants you to do.  cause they aren't the same thing.
Please, explain.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2012 at 5:02am

I see where you're coming from with that. I definitely feel that God is calling me to go into the Marines. if you aren't a Christian, you probably wouldn't inderstand. i've been praying for direction, and He has been 'opening doors'; He keeps showing me all this stuff about the Marines. and how it would benefit me.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2012 at 5:17am
Maybe He should send you the Marines brochure and application, I think that would be as much direction as you need.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 4:42am

Please, explain.

the church does not equal god.  the church is run by MAN.  they are flawed.  Listening to what a MAN says is not the same as listening to what GOD says.  

Speak to god directly through prayer.  
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 6:49am
Clap

Mech, I give you props.  For not being a Christian, you have a profound understanding of how the faith works, and/or should work.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 12:37pm

Please, explain.
the church does not equal god.  the church is run by MAN.  they are flawed.  Listening to what a MAN says is not the same as listening to what GOD says.  

Do you want to elaborate on that a little? According to what you've written here, I should ignore what you've written here.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2012 at 4:11am

Clap

Mech, I give you props.  For not being a Christian, you have a profound understanding of how the faith works, and/or should work.

haha... thanks.  I am a student of religion.  So I consider this a compliment.  
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2012 at 4:27am

Please, explain.

Do you want to elaborate on that a little? According to what you've written here, I should ignore what you've written here.

I said what MAN says is not equal to what GOD says.  

Since you say what I've written means you should ignore what I've written.  You obviously have jumped to the wrong conclusions based on incorrect assumptions.  

You cannot simply assume that this statement (man not equal god) means man is ALWAYS wrong.  I have only stated that only god knows 100% what god wants.  Sometimes man gets it right and sometimes they get it wrong.  In some cases, they intentionally get it wrong to benefit themselves.

So you think that the church always equals god's words?  If you do, you are incredibly naive or incredibly brainwashed.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2012 at 6:58pm

Please, explain.

Sometimes God doesn't hear me. It's really nice when He does, though. Maybe when I feel He doesn't hear me, it's because He's trying to teach/show me something. Maybe it's because He's busy doing more important things.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 9:39am
Originally posted by julius77

Please, explain.

Sometimes God doesn't hear me. It's really nice when He does, though. Maybe when I feel He doesn't hear me, it's because He's trying to teach/show me something. Maybe it's because He's busy doing more important things.

God is always listening.  Just because you feel like he hasn't responded, it doesn't mean he hasn't heard you.  The nice thing about god is that you are important to him.  He is not too busy for each and every one of us.

Only god knows the reasons why he chooses to make himself apparent to one person but not another.  Just because he isn't apparent to you doesn't mean he doesn't care about you.   He loves us all.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 11:44am
^^Have you had a change of heart? It wasn't too long ago that you accused God of being petty and evil.
kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kikko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 11:46am
the church is petty and evil
Fear does not stop death, it stops life...
BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by kikko

Why do you say this? this is a pretty broad statement
thisisjoebro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 3:21pm

I think you mean to say a spirit of religion is bad. I don't think the church is evil because God wants Christians to fellowship with each other and gather together in His name and worship Him. What happens is at some point a group of Christians will stray away from Jesus and no longer focus on and have a relationship with Him. At that point, man will take matters in his own hand creating a religious church which is no longer focused on God but rather in their own selfish interests. It is important to maintain a constant relationship with Jesus. 
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 6:54pm

What do you think of Jesus Christ?
elmasri90 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote elmasri90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 9:27pm
I like to think of him as a prophet of God
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 42>