Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 43>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
snowboardslider View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Online Status: Offline
  Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jesus Christ
    Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 7:07am
A forum for christians. all welcome. but if you have something to say, please do so without the use explicatives.
eldolocal68 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote eldolocal68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 7:13am
ksmountain, where are you?!
ianbejamin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ianbejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 8:49am
ok lets talk about jesus! yay!
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 9:03am
Originally posted by eldolocal68

ksmountain, where are you?!
LOL! Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Lib4Life View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Lib4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 9:52am

2010 Lib Tech TRS | Union Force
Ballistic View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Ballistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 11:15am
if Jesus went snowboarding with me on a pow day, I would let Him session my malolo and  Fish Ltd.  If at the end of a few runs He said he liked the Fish better i would give it to Him. In any case we would carve up some blue runs then head for some blacks.
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 11:33am
I find it interesting at how angry some atheists are about a God they don't believe exists. 

If there is no God, no heaven, no hell... Then what does it hurt to believe in one. You don't lose anything in the end. But if there is a God and a heaven and hell, it matters very much.
Bring it hard or don't bring it at all.
BudAshes View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BudAshes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 11:46am
God smites this post for blasphemy.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by BudAshes

Originally posted by ty

I find it interesting at how angry some atheists are about a God they don't believe exists. 

If there is no God, no heaven, no hell... Then what does it hurt to believe in one. You don't lose anything in the end. But if there is a God and a heaven and hell, it matters very much.

C'ause in the past religious people would kill your for saying that stuff.  Now we get to say whatever the shtook we want and you can't do [EDITED].  MUWAHAHAHAHAH.

Smile
I'm having a hard time making sense of your response. Ty's comment wasn't very specific as to the exact "problem" he was referring to. What did you  think ty was referring to? (Also, by "we" do you mean that you are an atheist?) Are you saying that atheists are mad at Christians (I assume that ty is referring to followers of the God of the Bible since this is a thread devoted to his Son, Jesus Christ) because, at some point in human history, "religious" people would kill those who denied the existence of some particular god or gods? And what do these "religious people" you refer to have to do with Jesus?
   'Thank you' to those who have taken the time and made the effort to trash up this thread so quickly.
scotty_222 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote scotty_222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 1:28pm
dude if u wanna talk about jesus christ..
go to jesuschrist.com
not here
moldygiraffe View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote moldygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by ty

Sometimes you lose your rationality.... just sayin. 
moldygiraffe View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote moldygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 1:52pm
In any event... I'm gonna throw a bag of popcorn in the microwave.

syphus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote syphus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 2:01pm
im not a christian..but i do hope that god gives up super good snow..
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ianbejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 2:54pm
by the way, im an atheist and i dont get angry "about a god don't believe exists." It's not like i have something against people for believing in god. In fact, i sometimes wish i could have that comforting force i guess but i'm just not buying it.
Stryker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Stryker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 2:55pm
Is this really appropriate for a Snowboard site?
VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by ty

I'm not an angry one. I even helped out your church group with some gear last year. Thumbs UpThere's too much crap going on in this world for hate.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 3:43pm
Maybe someone would like to share a testimony or their salvation story?

catau View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote catau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 4:09pm
This topic does not belong here, next after this is boarding in preast snowear with 20k/20k breathability wich is nutter.
wdi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote wdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by syphus

im not a christian..but i do hope that god gives up super good snow..

Haha...second on the super good snow :).
JakeU39 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JakeU39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 4:19pm
SNOW! I can't wait for snowboard season to start. can't wait. cannot wait.
Timmay_650 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Timmay_650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 5:31pm
It is a really good song by Brand new.

Dsturs View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Dsturs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 6:14pm
that song by brand new is about the realization that god is not real (according to jesse) and how everyone lets you down and your on your own and the uncertainty of the future. this is why that brand new album is a lot darker then the previous. the whole cd is relates to the realization of being on your own. 
bigbouldersucks
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by catau

This topic does not belong here, next after this is boarding in preast snowear with 20k/20k breathability wich is nutter.
Just to give you and others who may feel the same way you do a heads-up, you are free not to participate. Hopefully, there will be some posts on here that will be beneficial. So far, there seems to be more traction on here by those who hope to undermine it's purpose than those who want to make honest use of it.Ouch
Phatman View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote Phatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 6:51pm
A whole thread about meEmbarrassed

Thanks guys I'm flattered
A thermos keeps hot stuff hot, and cold stuff cold.....BUT HOW DOES IT KNOW???
BFBF View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BFBF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 6:51pm
In no way, shape or form does this thread have ANY relevance to a snowboard forum.

Lock
bonkfisher5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Stepchild Chi Borg

Quote bonkfisher5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 8:40pm
If Jesus loves us he will give tasty pow. This thread does not have a good future.
Crushing the whistler bike park! Check it out! http://www.pinkbike.com/video/215809/
Timmay_650 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Timmay_650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Dsturs

that song by brand new is about the realization that god is not real (according to jesse) and how everyone lets you down and your on your own and the uncertainty of the future. this is why that brand new album is a lot darker then the previous. the whole cd is relates to the realization of being on your own. 

Yea but he can write really good song in whatever mood he is in it seems like. Why I posted that song was completely b/c of the name of the thread and song name.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2010 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by BFBF

In no way, shape or form does this thread have ANY relevance to a snowboard forum.

Lock

Some of the most popular threads on here ('new randomness', 'movie game', and 'what music are you listening to?' to name a few) have no relevance to a snowboard forum, either. There are several political and social threads on here, too.
Kona View Drop Down
Local
Local
kona

Quote Kona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 3:40am
Me and some friends started this to share the love of wakeboarding with a christian focus.  We are in the process of extending it to snowboarding, surfing, and longboarding.  Also we mainly will do this in the SE, but plan on trying to get some sort of trip out to CO

http://www.addiktedriders.com

Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 4:24am
a lot of these threads have nothing to do with snowboarding. It's funny how nobody cares about that until christians take a stand.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 4:27am
Scotty_222, if people only go to church, or places where other christians are, to talk about God, we won't share His love with anyone else. We gotta get involved in other places where they are.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 4:29am
Sgreen, are you a christian?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 4:32am
Ty, are you a christian?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ianbejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 5:13am
haha give me a break, half of all the threads on sierra have no relevance to snowboarding.
Phatman View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote Phatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 5:16am
Seriously though guys, no need to bash or flame this thread. "The Daily BS," includes talk of god and religion. Just because it would seem that most here are uninterested at best when it comes to this subject, doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to take up space here just like everyone else.

Just like gays should be allowed to marry, and Muslims should be able to build a mosque 2 blocks from ground zero, the will of the majority here should not infringe upon rights of the minority.

See what I did there......Wink

A thermos keeps hot stuff hot, and cold stuff cold.....BUT HOW DOES IT KNOW???
E13 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote E13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 9:30am
Originally posted by ty

The hurt is the same as believing an entire race is inferior.  Or believing that your wife cheated on you (when she didn't).  Or maybe believing that you should hand your life savings over to an investment broker promising 5,000% returns.  Ineptitude and ignorance are what you have to gain.  What you have to lose is, at the very least, rationality.  Kind of like how some children grow out of having imaginary friends instead of perpetuating them into their adulthood. 

It is amazing to me that people are treated as rational adults when they still have imaginary all knowing and all powerful friends.  They were formerly used to explain things we, as humans, couldn't explain.  Then, through the advancements of technology, we could explain the previously unexplainable and nobody even thought to completely abolish the garbage that has spewed forth from the church for centuries.  In fact, they still argue the absurdities!!!! Furthermore, if you didn't believe the garbage being spewed forth and force-fed to you, you were labeled a heretic and shunned from society.   

Organized religion (not JUST christianity) is the most divisive and harmful things to have ever plagued the human race.  It creates fictitious and fabricated lines devised by manipulative men claiming to speak to a 'higher' power.  It is nothing more, nothing less.  If you want the proverbial wool pulled over your face, be my guest.  Just know that in placing your beliefs and values in an imaginary person and an archaic and obsolete book, you've lost most of your credibility to anyone with critical thinking skills and an active capacity for proof.  We should be thankful that 'god' wasn't allowed into the court system where all you needed was faith that someone had done something wrong (Salem Witch 'Trials') so that you could burn them alive. 

First of all, I don't even like you. Second of all, I don't even drink...
surgyon View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote surgyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 9:54am
save me jebus!
JakeU39 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JakeU39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 10:28am
i just got yelled at by a guy on the street telling me i haven't done enough about jesus dying on the cross to wash away my sins. I said hey, i'm in college, bout to fix the world. as a matter of fact, i just sent a letter to the wisconsin house representative telling her why we should legalize weed. what have you done about legalizing weed? not much, stop preaching and go smoke a bowl for legalization!
Stryker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Stryker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 10:34am
Originally posted by snowboardslidur

a lot of these threads have nothing to do with snowboarding. It's funny how nobody cares about that until christians take a stand.

Actually that isn't true.  Stop playing victim.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 10:56am
If you are religious and/or spiritual, why does that have to mean that you've lost your rationality?

Does the belief in things that are invisible to the naked eye mean that to trust in them is irrational?  For instance, what about gravity?  I think we all trust that our feet will remain firmly planted on Earth (unless of course we are bombing a cliff drop).   Or wind?  Do you also not believe in ghosts or spirits?  How about UV rays that cause sunburn and sometimes skin cancer?  And the 3G wireless-network that makes it possible to get internet/email on your iPhone?  

Atoms and molecules and other sub-atomic particles, while unheard of before the advances of science & technology, for believers only serve to highlight the detail and care that God took when creating the world.  At the same time, science & technology has not explained away every single unexplainable thing, and I personally don't believe it ever will.  Science just keeps exposing layer after layer of an extremely complex labyrinth.

I think it's just a matter of a difference of point of view, really.  In my life, I look at all the things that are happening (yes... good and bad) and attribute it to a higher power.  That would constitute my proof that God exists; there are certain things that have happened in particular sequence in my life that cannot be explained by coincidence.  Tell me if I'm off point here, but for the people like E13: would you look at all the things that are happening in your life and attribute it all to chance?

sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by robnezz23

If you are religious and/or spiritual, why does that have to mean that you've lost your rationality?

Does the belief in things that are invisible to the naked eye mean that to trust in them is irrational?  For instance, what about gravity?  I think we all trust that our feet will remain firmly planted on Earth (unless of course we are bombing a cliff drop).   Or wind?  Do you also not believe in ghosts or spirits?  How about UV rays that cause sunburn and sometimes skin cancer?  And the 3G wireless-network that makes it possible to get internet/email on your iPhone?  

Atoms and molecules and other sub-atomic particles, while unheard of before the advances of science & technology, for believers only serve to highlight the detail and care that God took when creating the world.  At the same time, science & technology has not explained away every single unexplainable thing, and I personally don't believe it ever will.  Science just keeps exposing layer after layer of an extremely complex labyrinth.

I think it's just a matter of a difference of point of view, really.  In my life, I look at all the things that are happening (yes... good and bad) and attribute it to a higher power.  That would constitute my proof that God exists; there are certain things that have happened in particular sequence in my life that cannot be explained by coincidence.  Tell me if I'm off point here, but for the people like E13: would you look at all the things that are happening in your life and attribute it all to chance?

I would add to that the wonderful complexity of E13's own body, let alone the world and universe that surrounds us, and his/her ability to reason and think rationally. The list could go on, but are all these things to be attributed simply to random chance?
alteran View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote alteran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 2:01pm

It is not the belief in things that cannot be seen that is irrational, it is belief without evidence. I believe in gravity because when I drop an object it falls to the ground and because satellites orbit the earth. Both UV and radio waves are just different frequencies of electromagnetic radiation and are easily detectable by a variety of devices even though they are outside the small range of em radiation visible to humans. I do not believe in ghosts or spirits because there is no evidence for their existence.

I would add to that the wonderful complexity of E13's own body, let alone the world and universe that surrounds us, and his/her ability to reason and think rationally. The list could go on, but are all these things to be attributed simply to random chance?

No, the complexity of the human body is not due to random chance. It can be easily explained by evolution through natural selection. I must emphasize that evolution does not proceed through random chance. The belief that it does demonstrates a major misunderstanding of the theory.

Originally posted by snowboardslidur

A forum for christians. all welcome. but if you have something to say, please do so without the use explicatives.

I think you mean "expletives".
lakerlove12 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Da BOSS

Quote lakerlove12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 2:14pm
Just dont mess with Jesus, aight?
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 3:14pm
The evidence I have is all around me, every day. 
While it is possible that evolution/natural selection/survival of the fittest exists, that does nothing to address the distinct possibility that God set those mechanisms in motion from the beginning, and we are now just a product of that.

Anyways, this thread was supposed to be about Jesus, not a debate over the existence of God, Allah, or a higher power.  I apologize for getting off-track.  But this is a healthy discussion, and I thank you all for your input.
surgyon View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote surgyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 3:24pm
christianity is a fine religion except for their need to shove it in your face and try and convert people ie necromongers ala chronicles of riddick ie best movie ever. the creation of this thread make my point exquisitely. thank you.
kromeassassin View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
My first air!!

Quote kromeassassin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 3:42pm
Eeks, not getting involved in any debates here but I sure hope J dawg can make it snowww this year!!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 3:43pm
i just made this thread, not to throw it in anyones face, that's not what i'm about. i'm all about sharing God's love with people, you can't love some1 and shove salvation at them. for the record, i love snowboarding, b/c this is asnowboarding website :)
greenmnmsi View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Ride wit me

Quote greenmnmsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 3:49pm
I can only truly appreciate God when I am at the top of an ice capped mountain looking all around me...awesome.
E13 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote E13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 5:07pm

Adam and Eve.  Noah's ark.  Demons. Angels. God. Heaven. Hell. The list of fantasies absolutely fabricated to manipulate mankind over the ions go on and on.  It's absolute balderdash.  If you disagree, show me some proof and I'll be on your side.  Don't point at the bible or the churches either, for man create anything and everything in them.

Each and every single thing within this post can be proven.  Prove to me what happens when you die.  Show me the proof of your god, your heaven and your hell.  Don't tell me of the myths and stories that have been created and perpetuated through society by man.  Drop a penny off a table and you can prove that it will travel at 9.81 m/s.  You don't have to see it for there to be proof of its existence.  Your logic is tired and novice. 

Absolutely and utterly absurd.  The fact that these beliefs brought forth by manipulative men have been accepted and repeated is absurd.  Somebody was mentally incapacitated enough to actually buy this from some white guy that made it up one day. 

I think it's just a matter of a difference of point of view, really.  In my life, I look at all the things that are happening (yes... good and bad) and attribute it to a higher power.  That would constitute my proof that God exists; there are certain things that have happened in particular sequence in my life that cannot be explained by coincidence. 

It is ABSOLUTELY a difference of point of view.  You believe in an imaginary force that you've created and is responsible for everything.  This is, most likely, due to the fact that your parents' parents, their parents and so on believed the same and have passed that on to you.  Instead of actually moving forward and learning and understanding, you've attributed it to something that doesn't exist as a way of explaining it to yourself. It makes sense.  You are one of many that have chosen to do so.

Tell me if I'm off point here, but for the people like E13: would you look at all the things that are happening in your life and attribute it all to chance?

I certainly don't attribute to a figment of your imagination (or anyone else's for that matter). I don't attribute it at all to chance.  Probably moreso to evolution and a slew of things I don't understand. Does this mean I'm going to make up a character like, say, a puppet master with a clown nose and little fat kid that was born from two people not screwing (but was the son of the puppet master somehow), dying and coming back to life and dying and then coming back and then going on a fishing excursion where he caught a carpe and a cod and then lightning struck (killing him again but then he came right back) starting a fire where he cooked the fish and travelled forward into time to grab some capers and lemon to go with it and ate it and he liked it but he didn't cook it all the way and he died again but didn't come back this time.  I'm going to say it was my fault (sin) because when he borrowed the capers and lemon from me, I didn't tell him to make sure to cook it all the way (my bad, homie). 

I am absolutely NOT going to do that because it is utterly INSANE and ABSURD.  But, hey, if you DO believe that from me, would you be willing to give me some money to spread the word to see if I can get others to believe and give me money too? If I get enough people, I can probably amass some power and be able to manipulate them into doing what I want while giving me more money.  Haleleuja, Josue (that's what I named him, pronounced Joe-sway)!!! Oh, I also have some beach property in AZ that I'd like you to invest in.  It's beautiful.
First of all, I don't even like you. Second of all, I don't even drink...
snow4life View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my sexy bike

Quote snow4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 5:12pm
you cant really do anything without God. God is love, power. he is awesome. i proud to be saved and a christian and not afraid to say it yo.
shakazulu12:(2:15PM) Nyle (Giftedhands) gets really big and turns green when angry.

BAAHAhahahahha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 43>