Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
E13 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Online Status: Offline
  Quote E13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jesus Christ
    Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by robnezz23

The evidence I have is all around me, every day. 
While it is possible that evolution/natural selection/survival of the fittest exists, that does nothing to address the distinct possibility that God set those mechanisms in motion from the beginning, and we are now just a product of that.

Anyways, this thread was supposed to be about Jesus, not a debate over the existence of God, Allah, or a higher power.  I apologize for getting off-track.  But this is a healthy discussion, and I thank you all for your input.

This thread IS about jesus. Not just what YOU think about someone that didn't exist 2,000 years ago.  Hell, Jesus is still alive.  He works landscaping with my cousin.
First of all, I don't even like you. Second of all, I don't even drink...
eldolocal68 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote eldolocal68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 5:19pm
wow, jesus is everywhere, he works for my buddy, landscaping...i thought he was a fisherman, guess he's into gardening too...
E13 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote E13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by snow4life

you cant really do anything without God. God is love, power. he is awesome. i proud to be saved and a christian and not afraid to say it yo.

That's nice.  Did you see/believe my story above? If so, will you give me money as well?
E13 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote E13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by eldolocal68

wow, jesus is everywhere, he works for my buddy, landscaping...i thought he was a fisherman, guess he's into gardening too...

He's always trying to get me to go to the strip club and the swap meet.
alteran View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote alteran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by E13

Drop a penny off a table and you can prove that it will travel at 9.81 m/s.

I just have to point out that if dropped in a vacuum the penny will accelerate at about 9.8 m/s^2 towards the earth. The velocity at which it hits the ground is given by the formula v=sqrt(2gh) (it's probably not going to be 9.81 m/s). If it is not dropped in a vacuum, it will accelerate at a slightly different rate due to the effects of air resistance.
Suicide View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Suicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 6:19pm
christians have a right to believe in what they want
E13 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote E13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by alteran

Originally posted by E13

Drop a penny off a table and you can prove that it will travel at 9.81 m/s.

I just have to point out that if dropped in a vacuum the penny will accelerate at about 9.8 m/s^2 towards the earth. The velocity at which it hits the ground is given by the formula v=sqrt(2gh) (it's probably not going to be 9.81 m/s). If it is not dropped in a vacuum, it will accelerate at a slightly different rate due to the effects of air resistance.

Sounds like god to me!
Suicide View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Suicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 6:31pm
I think you meant "good"

Yes I'm an asshole nothing new here
E13 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote E13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 6:34pm
No, I meant god.
Suicide View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Suicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 6:35pm
This thread isn't even about god so your post is worthless
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Suicide

This thread isn't even about god so your post is worthless

what the heck is this guy talking about? lol. reminds me of alka.. hmm he joined today...
ANYWAY
i believe that religion and politics are inappropriate subjects to talk about in a public setting, (public forums included)

EDIT
actually, i was joking about the alka thing at first. but after reading around the forums, alot of this guys posts seem really similar.... IP check? lol
Suicide View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Suicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 6:44pm
The thread title is pointing to something else not "God" you could have just not made a thread in the first place
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 6:51pm
god is never in California this time of year.  Praise be to Allah and Ullr for that.
-zakk

ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 7:54pm
I just hope nobody pulls a knife. Jeffany hasn't been around in a while and I would hate for them to miss it.
Bring it hard or don't bring it at all.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by E13

If you are religious and/or spiritual, why does that have to mean that you've lost your rationality? 

Adam and Eve.  Noah's ark.  Demons. Angels. God. Heaven. Hell. The list of fantasies absolutely fabricated to manipulate mankind over the ions go on and on.  It's absolute balderdash.  If you disagree, show me some proof and I'll be on your side.  Don't point at the bible or the churches either, for man create anything and everything in them.

What is irrational about any of the things you listed? Or any of the other miraculous events recorded in the Bible, for that matter? Calling something 'absolute balderdash' and 'absolutely fabricated' isn't much of an argument against it, just your personal opinion. Also, doesn't calling something 'absolute' anything put the burden of proof on you? What evidence do you have that the Bible is 'absolutely' what you say it is? Does the absence of proof necessarily make anything untrue? That just makes it unprovable, right? No more, no less.
Originally posted by E13

Does the belief in things that are invisible to the naked eye mean that to trust in them is irrational?  For instance, what about gravity?  I think we all trust that our feet will remain firmly planted on Earth (unless of course we are bombing a cliff drop).   Or wind?  Do you also not believe in ghosts or spirits?  How about UV rays that cause sunburn and sometimes skin cancer?  And the 3G wireless-network that makes it possible to get internet/email on your iPhone?  
Each and every single thing within this post can be proven.  Prove to me what happens when you die.  Show me the proof of your god, your heaven and your hell.  Don't tell me of the myths and stories that have been created and perpetuated through society by man.  Drop a penny off a table and you can prove that it will travel at 9.81 m/s.  You don't have to see it for there to be proof of its existence.  Your logic is tired and novice. 

And yours is what? Actually, a better question would be where is your logic? You've made a bunch of absolute statements and some accusations and then demand to be proven wrong. Why are you bothering to respond to this thread? You obviously aren't here to do anybody any real good.
Originally posted by E13

Atoms and molecules and other sub-atomic particles, while unheard of before the advances of science & technology, for believers only serve to highlight the detail and care that God took when creating the world.  At the same time, science & technology has not explained away every single unexplainable thing, and I personally don't believe it ever will.  Science just keeps exposing layer after layer of an extremely complex labyrinth.

Absolutely and utterly absurd.  The fact that these beliefs brought forth by manipulative men have been accepted and repeated is absurd.  Somebody was mentally incapacitated enough to actually buy this from some white guy that made it up one day. 

Are you even being serious now? Again, your use of absolutes puts the burden of proof on you. Prove that faith in the God of the Bible is "absolutely and utterly absurd", otherwise, please stop using absolutes and start making reasonable arguments. "White guy"? Who is the "white guy" you are referring to? Is that a racist comment?
Originally posted by E13

I think it's just a matter of a difference of point of view, really.  In my life, I look at all the things that are happening (yes... good and bad) and attribute it to a higher power.  That would constitute my proof that God exists; there are certain things that have happened in particular sequence in my life that cannot be explained by coincidence. 

It is ABSOLUTELY a difference of point of view.  You believe in an imaginary force that you've created and is responsible for everything.  This is, most likely, due to the fact that your parents' parents, their parents and so on believed the same and have passed that on to you.  Instead of actually moving forward and learning and understanding, you've attributed it to something that doesn't exist as a way of explaining it to yourself. It makes sense.  You are one of many that have chosen to do so.

How do you explain those who have no family history of faith? And belittling those who live by faith isn't making much of a case against their faith.
Originally posted by E13

Tell me if I'm off point here, but for the people like E13: would you look at all the things that are happening in your life and attribute it all to chance?

I certainly don't attribute to a figment of your imagination (or anyone else's for that matter). I don't attribute it at all to chance.  Probably moreso to evolution and a slew of things I don't understand.
[Silly story]
   I am absolutely NOT going to do that because it is utterly INSANE and ABSURD.  But, hey, if you DO believe that from me, would you be willing to give me some money to spread the word to see if I can get others to believe and give me money too? If I get enough people, I can probably amass some power and be able to manipulate them into doing what I want while giving me more money. ...

Why is your disbelief so aggressive, if you don't mind my asking? Why are you so personally invested?
ksmountain View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ksmountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 9:58pm
Sorry eldo, I spent all day working on a book chapter about a certain Jesus, ironically, so I didn't see the Jesus thread here. I should pay more attention this thread, probably, see more eyes will likely see it than my book . However, after reading it, I'm not sure even understand what this thread is about? But one note:

Originally posted by sgreen

Why is your disbelief so aggressive, if you don't mind my asking? Why are you so personally invested?

Such investment makes sense if you think of atheism as an anti-religious religion. Most religions seek converts, making them competitive with other religions. Competitive success tends to influence societal views points--i.e., a society whose norms more closely reflect a dominant religious viewpoint, whatever that may be. Competitive failure means less influence for your worldview. Atheism and agnosticism are two competitors in this field. If various Christianities win, atheism and agnosticism lose, making it of vital importance to atheists and agnostics that they not lose. Atheists and agnostics, like all religious competitors, need converts to forestall losing influence and to help gain it. The values that they hold are at least partially competitive with the values you hold, sgreen, and so they don't want your values to be more generally accepted.

And that's true, isn't it? Sgreen, you do seek converts and seek a reduction in unbelief, don't you? You also want a society that more accurately reflects your beliefs, right? Hence, their concern is justified, at least from their perspective.

E13 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote E13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 10:01pm
It's hard to argue with your 'logic'.  I'm vested because I believe that the absurd and fabricated ideas should be done away with in our society unless used to tell little bed time stories to small children (not to be taken seriously).  Do you actually believe those things? Noah's ark? Adam and Eve, creationism, etc?!?!?! REALLY!??! Would you bet your and your family's life on it?
E13 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote E13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 10:19pm
I like that I'm the one you've tasked with the burden of proof.  You've bought it all hook, line and sinker.  It amazes me.
Suicide View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Suicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2010 at 10:37pm
You have to believe in something
Attrox View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Attrox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 1:28am
Funny you say that it has nothing to do with Snowboarding.

I'm at most peace and felt so close to God during that first morning lift ride enjoying the beauty of His creation. I prayed and thank Him everytime I soaked in that fresh new morning on the slope.

Although I feel bad of having to skip church every Sunday morning during the winter session Tongue

snowboardslider View Drop Down
Local
Local
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 6:58pm
Attrox, right on bro. Best time with God is going up the skii lift. And for the record. I want to respond to all the conversation going on in the blog I started. I have thoughts on this stuff.
Local
Local
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 7:09pm
To E13. Dude, the Bible is 100% true. Just because YOU personally can't prove anything, or would care to try, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There is physical evidence of the ten commandments. Noah's Ark was found in some other country. There's the prophecy of the destruction of tyre in the Bible. And God used Alaxander the great to carry it out, without him knowing about it. The evidence is all there. And if people would stop wasting their time trying to prove evolution is real for the umpteenth time, and just read and study the Bible. They'd find the truth. The Bible isn't a bunch of fairy tales. It's an account of real people and their faith in God, and the amazing things they did through His awsome power. If I wasn't a christian, i'd have ab easier time finding truth in the Bible, than any "evidence" evolution has 2 offer.
Local
Local
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 7:15pm
Dear suicide, how can a guy with that name make a comment about God. God IS Jesus. Part of the trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
surgyon View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote surgyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 7:20pm
Where is the almighty Ban Hammer of Thor on this thread already
Local
Local
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 7:21pm
Did you know that America was Founded by Christopher Columbus, who was a christian. Also, Pilgrams came over here from England. Where the only allowed worship was catholic. America was founded so christians could freely worship God. Are you a christian? Just wondering
Local
Local
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 7:43pm
in all my comments, please understand that I have tried to make a point without putting anyone down or being nasty. I just want to share the truth and love about God, in hopes you'll see what's right and come to know Jesus Christ personally. I have read a book or two about Hell, and trust me, you don't want to go there. You have no idea the torment in all ways…mental, physical, and spiritual. I'd hate to see anyone, even the people I don't like at all, go to Hell. Imagine being overpowered by huge beasts, with the strength that of 1000's your own, ripping you apart, and beating you around. No clothes, you are so weak you can barely move, much less fight back. The emotional anguish is unbearable, along with the knowledge that God won't save you. On one wall there are demons chained to it. These beasts are the Devil and his angels, awaiting their punishment. And NO, Satan does not rule over Hell. Common misubderstanding, He's being tortured and tormented just like everybody else who doesn't accept God. You can't be good enough to get into Heaven. You have to know God personally. For the same reason you don't go to a rich person's. Ouse and demand to get in. Before calling the police, he'd say "why should I let you in? I don't know you" it's the same with Heaven. In a really sincere way. Jesus loves all of you so much. I just wish you knew how much. I don't even know how much He loves me, and I'm a christian! His love is so great, He loves you before you love Him. Even as you might hate Him right now, He loves you immensly. I can onlybpray now for your salvation. Peace Out.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 8:31pm
Ooops!
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by ksmountain

Sorry eldo, I spent all day working on a book chapter about a certain Jesus, ironically, so I didn't see the Jesus thread here. I should pay more attention this thread, probably, see more eyes will likely see it than my book . However, after reading it, I'm not sure even understand what this thread is about? But one note:

Such investment makes sense if you think of atheism as an anti-religious religion.
I suppose it could be sensible if I were to change the definition of "religion".

Most religions seek converts, making them competitive with other religions. Competitive success tends to influence societal views points--i.e., a society whose norms more closely reflect a dominant religious viewpoint, whatever that may be. Competitive failure means less influence for your worldview. Atheism and agnosticism are two competitors in this field. If various Christianities win, atheism and agnosticism lose, making it of vital importance to atheists and agnostics that they not lose. Atheists and agnostics, like all religious competitors, need converts to forestall losing influence and to help gain it. The values that they hold are at least partially competitive with the values you hold, sgreen, and so they don't want your values to be more generally accepted.
There are no atheistic "values", just the belief that there are no gods/deities. Do you really expect me to respond seriously/critically to a hypothetical scenario (the above paragraph) that is based on a previous hypothetical statement (your initial statement)?
(If agnosticism was able to somehow qualify as a religion, wouldn't it be more like the Switzerland of religions?Big smile)

And that's true, isn't it? Sgreen, you do seek converts and seek a reduction in unbelief, don't you? You also want a society that more accurately reflects your beliefs, right? Hence, their concern is justified, at least from their perspective.

Do I want everyone to be born again? Yes I do. I do not, however, view this as a competition. To be honest, I really wanted to hear from E13, but thanks.
Sinixstar View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Obey Chairman Meow!

Quote Sinixstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 9:31pm
I like pie.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Attrox

Funny you say that it has nothing to do with Snowboarding.

I'm at most peace and felt so close to God during that first morning lift ride enjoying the beauty of His creation. I prayed and thank Him everytime I soaked in that fresh new morning on the slope.

Although I feel bad of having to skip church every Sunday morning during the winter session Tongue

Can't say I'm most at peace on the mountain, but I can honestly say I have been overcome with awe to the point of worship several times while riding the lift and looking out over God's handiwork. Somebody on here put up a thread that is loaded with some of the most stunning pictures you'll ever see. If you haven't already seen it, check it out. http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39523
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 9:40pm
I hope that the pastor that is threatening to publicly burn a copy of the Quran on 9/11 wakes up and sees the harm that he would bring to himself, his family, his church, and, most importantly, the name of his Savior and publicly repents of his plan before it is too late.
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2010 at 5:29am
One bad apple can ruin the bunch. I agree that publicly burning the Quran is a stupid idea. Radical Muslims already hate Christians for stuff that happened hundreds of years ago + they hate western capitalism, so lets not be giving them fuel for their fire. 
Bring it hard or don't bring it at all.
Sinixstar View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Obey Chairman Meow!

Quote Sinixstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2010 at 9:25am
Originally posted by ty

One bad apple can ruin the bunch. I agree that publicly burning the Quran is a stupid idea. Radical Muslims already hate Christians for stuff that happened hundreds of years ago + they hate western capitalism, so lets not be giving them fuel for their fire. 

Burning the Quran isn't really going to add fuel to the fire. As they say 'haters gonna hate'. Their hatred towards us has nothing to do with the Quran. It has to do with our support of Israel, our meddling in regional politics/affairs, and our support of brutal dictatorships in the middle east such as the Saudi Royal Family. All this stunt does is give them something to talk about.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Phatman View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote Phatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2010 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Sinixstar

Originally posted by ty

Burning the Quran isn't really going to add fuel to the fire. As they say 'haters gonna hate'. Their hatred towards us has nothing to do with the Quran. It has to do with our support of Israel, our meddling in regional politics/affairs, and our support of brutal dictatorships in the middle east such as the Saudi Royal Family. All this stunt does is give them something to talk about.
*and helps them recruit

Hi Myke
A thermos keeps hot stuff hot, and cold stuff cold.....BUT HOW DOES IT KNOW???
fostpaint View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote fostpaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2010 at 9:52am
Originally posted by snowboardslidur

Did you know that America was Founded by Christopher Columbus, who was a christian. Also, Pilgrams came over here from England. Where the only allowed worship was catholic. America was founded so christians could freely worship God. Are you a christian? Just wondering

I'm amazed that in Six short sentences, you could have so, sooooo many facts wrong. If you're going to have a debate and throw facts around, you better back them up. 

1) Columbus did not "found" America, nor did he ever truly set foot on it's shores. All of his journeys took him to the Carribean and South America (with some trips to what is now southern mexico). Without even getting into the whole "Native American" argument, the Norse preceded Columbus by at least 500 years (and the Greeks and Romans "knew" the earth was round long before the canonical christians destroyed that "knowledge" in the middle ages, so you can't even really credit Columbus with that either)

2)The first "Pilgrims" in the US were not from England. They were from Spain, in Florida, 150 years before the New England colonies were established. The Dutch, Swedes, and French also had presences (as did the Russians in Alaska, Washington and Oregon)

3) New England was not founded to escape Catholicism. It was to escape the Church of England, which is not Catholic in any way. (though some of the non-British colonies were from predominantly catholic countries, the colonies, for the most part, remained catholic)

4)The USA was not formed so that christians could freely worship God. It was founded so that all people could worship freely, or not worship at all, for that matter. Two of our most notable founding fathers (Jefferson and Franklin) were opposed to organized religion as a whole. 

Here's the point of all of this-- I'm christian (I'd wager you wouldn't have guessed it before this) but a) I don't believe it's the only belief system out there or with merit and b) I don't believe it has a place in government (please tell me you're not one of those people who actually believe "Under God" is a part of our *actual* pledge of allegiance, right?) You need to pick up a book other than the bible if you want to speak intelligently. 
Local
Local
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2010 at 6:11pm
To fostpaint. This may shock you, wiat for dramatic pause. . .ur right. I had my facts mixed up on columbus and the whole new england thing. But as for the whole USA wasn't founded so that christians could worship God freely. That's wrong. It's the new thought of "America is a place for all religions". Not that I'm about to say they can't be here. But they didn't start america. I'm not sure about that jefferson and franklin OPPOSING organized religion. I don't fully understand "organized religion". Right me back, what is exactly. Maybe how catholicism is "organized". That isn't real. It's just a bunch of rules. And I'll add that the reason why America is doing so poorly right now is because we r falling away from the true God. Falling for other gods, not just other religions, but anything. People are so materialisticly minded nowadays. . .myself included. . .sorry, I'm not perfect either. :) not having daily time with God to get back on track.

And before I get too off track…about the last comment. Totaly disagree bro. There's only one God. No other god has merit. All others are off track and not going to lead people to heaven. My church: Christian Life Assemblies, in stroudsburg, PA is right on with God. Speaking in tongues and interpritation, pastor isn't afraid of saying the truth about God's word. The real deal.

Dude. If Under God you do trust in, other religions won't have merit. I hate to blow up ur spot(only fair cause u blew up mine…in a good way)but God's rules are more fair and just than the government(he did make the world you know)not that the government has NO wisdom at all. But without God at your core, what's the point in trying to be good. Who are you trying to please with your self righteousness.(not you…society) I believe 100% that "I am the way, the truth, and the life. no man comes to the father, but by me" call it lame that I used a bible verse. But hey? Jesus did all the time. It's quoting truth. As for the whole seperation pf church and state thing. Why can't christians have a nativity scene where they want it. It is really hurting other religions. If so, fragile religion. Do you know how much slam christians receive from the media and other people? (Well, you should because u said u r one:) and fir that at least I am grateful. I don't hate anyone as a person. Like Jesus did, hate their sin but love the person. Lemme know what you think peace out
Local
Local
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2010 at 6:18pm
Right on sgreen, it would be so wrong of that pastor to antaganize the people we are supposed to be loving. Admittingly, if I had lost my dad(who was working 2-3 blocks away at the time) it would be a little harder to forgive them for that. But we shouldn't return evil for evil. Even though on 9/11, there were muslims in the streets of…the USA burning american flags.
Local
Local
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2010 at 6:25pm
As long as we continue to support Israel, God will bless the USA.
Local
Local
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2010 at 6:50pm
In case I forget to post this on 9/11. Building a mosque on/near ground zero would be like tearing the sunken battle ships ont of the ground at Pearl Harbor, and putting in a huge memorial for the fallen japanese planes and their loved family members. People have to wake up and…(sure, smell the coffee) they don't realize what's going on in NY. I heard on the radio while listening to rush on 770 am, he had a representitive who was a big shot muslim. He said it would be in their best interest to build something else there. Because people are still hurtung. Basically what he said. I'm not all for supporting other religions or giving them a place to worship(especially right next to ground zer0) I love all people, not what the do or their religion. In Christ Jesus I am free to love everyone. Technically though, the muslims own the land and can do whatever they want with it. As a joke "I think the reason Obama wants the mosque there is so he cam worship with people of his religion" while that is a joke. It's part ture. Obama is a muslim. Sure, he's said that he's a christian on TV and all that jazz. . .but you have to live it. You can't say homosexual is ok, or abortion. Since when have we covered up MURDER with a nice lil' pro choice. That isn't fair for the baby. The baby would definately choose live. As for the girls that had gotten pregnant out of wedlock and for whatever reason:poor, school, doesn't want the child rape, she should still have the child anyway. Killing the baby as an "unwated choice" is more wrong than having it and putting it up for adoption.

As for homosexual is ok. God made Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve. Sure, it could be natural for a guy to like another guy, but it's still wrong. And believe it or not. God's way of doing things is way more fun that living in sin. God blesses and rewards those who are faithful. Sin is sooo much fun, I won't lie to you. (Honest part)I am a christian and I give in to temptation sometimes(many varieties), of course I feel terrible after I do, but I ask for forgiveness from God and he loves us so much I'm forgiven instantly. You can't imagine the feeling of realease. But it isn't worth it in the end. It leaves you feeling hopeless. Sin pulls you away from God. Big and small. Lying, stealing, drinking, smoking, sex b 4 marriage(marriage and SEX are some of God's gifts to us. Anyone can have sex, but it's been statistically proven christians enjoy it more. )anyway… honor God and he will bless you. Sin is only fun while you are doing it(regardless of what it is) then you don't feel happy. Money doesn't make you happy either. All the people who have money want more and aren't satisfied. . .ever. and their lives are a mess. Happyness, by deffinition, is said to be relying on what you are phisically doing or seeing. Joy is what stays with you once that happy feeling is gone. God gives you joy and peace, witch goes beyond our understanding. Their's my '2 cents' over and out.
Local
Local
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2010 at 6:53pm
I like pie too, peace and cherry pie. What kind do you like?
eldolocal68 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote eldolocal68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2010 at 4:54am
anyone see Louie, the new louis ck series on fx? last weeks episode on religion was funny as crap..."you did this! you did this with your sin! you murdered our saviour, with your sin!" a nun pointing to jesus on the cross and speaking to a bunch of six year olds. by the way, christian or not the guy down in GA has every right to burn the koran, typically christian, the burning of the library in alexanderia, and the skinning of the librarian by christians around the first millenium, is said to have put the human race back at least a thousand years...with the lost of that knowledge.
VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2010 at 6:07am

anyone see Louie, the new louis ck series on fx? last weeks episode on religion was funny as crap..."you did this! you did this with your sin! you murdered our saviour, with your sin!" a nun pointing to jesus on the cross and speaking to a bunch of six year olds. .

I just bought tickets to see him in Albany next month.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2010 at 9:21am

by the way, christian or not the guy down in GA has every right to burn the koran,

That pastor, as a Christian, claims to serve the Author of all human rights, and as such has a duty to live by the spirit, as well as the written will, of God. He claims, as a Christian, to live by the highest morality and will not stand or fall before God based on which of his actions was protected by the 1st Amendment or any other part of the US Constitution. Because he claims to be acting as a Christian, Constitutional rights are irrelevant here. Christian opposition to the threatened Koran-burning, hopefully, comes from a divine perspective, not a man-made one.

typically christian, the burning of the library in alexanderia, and the skinning of the librarian by christians around the first millenium, is said to have put the human race back at least a thousand years...with the lost of that knowledge.

How is burning "the koran, typically christian"? Because of something that may or may not have been perpetrated by a Christian leader 1600+ years ago? (And how would anyone ever go about determining "how far" any event, let alone the burning of a library, could "set back the human race"?) I've never heard of anybody burning the Koran before. I'm not saying it hasn't been done, just that it's not so epidemic that it gets any newsplay. In your mind, is flying jets into skyscrapers and beheading hostages in front of a camera "typically" Islamic?
   What do you know about Christianity, the Christianity that Jesus established through his life and teachings and was elaborated in the New Testament? (There is no other) From what I've read on this thread and others, you seem to look at Christianity from a purely historical perspective, judging it as a whole only from the deeds of it's followers, particularly those catastrophic failures. Judging a religion, or any movement for that matter, by it's adherents isn't completely unfair, but you seem to be pretty one-sided on the issue of Christianity. I think if you truly understood what Christianity was, you'd realize that all of the atrocities committed "in the name of Christ" were completely in opposition to what Jesus taught. Christianity is, and always will be, what Jesus taught, not what man has tried to make of it.

Lib4Life View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Lib4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2010 at 11:12am
This thread =

2010 Lib Tech TRS | Union Force
BudAshes View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BudAshes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2010 at 11:20am

by the way, christian or not the guy down in GA has every right to burn the koran,

That pastor, as a Christian, claims to serve the Author of all human rights, and as such has a duty to live by the spirit, as well as the written will, of God. He claims, as a Christian, to live by the highest morality and will not stand or fall before God based on which of his actions was protected by the 1st Amendment or any other part of the US Constitution. Because he claims to be acting as a Christian, Constitutional rights are irrelevant here. Christian opposition to the threatened Koran-burning, hopefully, comes from a divine perspective, not a man-made one.

typically christian, the burning of the library in alexanderia, and the skinning of the librarian by christians around the first millenium, is said to have put the human race back at least a thousand years...with the lost of that knowledge.

How is burning "the koran, typically christian"? Because of something that may or may not have been perpetrated by a Christian leader 1600+ years ago? (And how would anyone ever go about determining "how far" any event, let alone the burning of a library, could "set back the human race"?) I've never heard of anybody burning the Koran before. I'm not saying it hasn't been done, just that it's not so epidemic that it gets any newsplay. In your mind, is flying jets into skyscrapers and beheading hostages in front of a camera "typically" Islamic?
   What do you know about Christianity, the Christianity that Jesus established through his life and teachings and was elaborated in the New Testament? (There is no other) From what I've read on this thread and others, you seem to look at Christianity from a purely historical perspective, judging it as a whole only from the deeds of it's followers, particularly those catastrophic failures. Judging a religion, or any movement for that matter, by it's adherents isn't completely unfair, but you seem to be pretty one-sided on the issue of Christianity. I think if you truly understood what Christianity was, you'd realize that all of the atrocities committed "in the name of Christ" were completely in opposition to what Jesus taught. Christianity is, and always will be, what Jesus taught, not what man has tried to make of it.

What about the rest of the bible where murder, rape, incest etc is just all part of the norm?  For example

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves

or maybe

Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger. And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land. Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished. Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it. Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children. And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah

or how bout this

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

So how exactly can we trust people who believe this stuff?  Beats me.
athousandmonkeys View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote athousandmonkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2010 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Ballistic

if Jesus went snowboarding with me on a pow day, I would let Him session my malolo and  Fish Ltd.  If at the end of a few runs He said he liked the Fish better i would give it to Him ...

I actually DID go riding with Jesus on a pow day!

It was the coolest thing! A bluebird day and three feet of fresh overnight - problem was, none of my crew had pow boards and none of us could afford lift passes. Then Jesus rocks up with a brand new prototype Fish board and is all "yo, wot up my children" and offered to let us demo his Fish - but we told him that none of us had enough "bread" to buy lift passes. He's all like "ask and ye shall receive" or something, and before we knew it there was enough "bread" and Fishes for everyone! 

Funny thing was though, while we were all slashing the longest deepest pow turns ever, Jesus just seemed to float over the top?
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2010 at 7:13am
Originally posted by BudAshes

What about the rest of the bible where murder, rape, incest etc is just all part of the norm?  For example

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves

or maybe

Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger. And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land. Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished. Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it. Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children. And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah

or how bout this

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

So how exactly can we trust people who believe this stuff?  Beats me.
As I said before, by understanding it. Will you explain to me what you think these verses mean? Give the other readers some context. Why were these things said? You've chosen to quote three passages out of hundreds to make what point? That "murder, rape, incest etc" (What acts does "etc" represent?) is somehow part of the Christian heritage? Even the law of Moses condemns "murder, rape, incest". 
Local
Local
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2010 at 4:12pm
Well, I did make this threads with a double purpose, muhahahahahahaha…to talk about jesus. And then the debates that follow, thus meaning I can have endless conversation, while getting my 5 points for the day without posting some1 elses comment(witch is really lame) or posting random garbage(witch is even more lame). If you believe in God, don't go to evolution, survival of the fittest or whatever, go to gennesis 1:1.[(I believe that the Bible is 100% true)even if people take a verse or two out of context and try to say that the Bible is wrong]. There's your proof. "In the beginning, God created the Heavens amd the Earth."
Local
Local
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2010 at 7:29pm
Know Jesus, know peace. No Jesus, no peace. Don't look to things or a diet or whatever for peace/peace of mind. I've found it in Christ Jesus my savior.
Local
Local
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2010 at 6:53pm
to phatman: r u a christian or a catholic?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 43>