Jesus Christ

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 3435363738 43>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jesus Christ
    Posted: May/09/2012 at 8:55am
Originally posted by sgreen

Originally posted by mech9t5

You quoted a passage in the bible and I interpreted it.  If you don't agree you have to at least give me your interpretation instead of just saying you disagree.
No, sir, I don't, but if you'd like me to and you ask me nicely (Big smile), I'll have something for you eventually.

I don't really care that much.  Just thought you were interested in discussing the passage since you put it up.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2012 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Nire333

Are we actually fighting about WHAT people are praying for?? At least they are putting their trust in the Lord.

I mean, if he would have said "God please give me the strength and courage to follow through on something incredibly bad (ex. Kill, or go directly against the commandments)", I could see the problem. But as I believe it this all started with a prayer to ask for guidance through a difficult paper??

You contradict yourself.  You are saying we should not be fighting about what people pray for.  Then you go on to say that if he prayed to kill people that would be a problem.  So which is it?

Secondly, I did not say praying for trivial things is wrong.  I asked if he FELT BAD praying for trivial things.  You know there is a difference right?

At least he prays to God and fully believes that God will help him with his problems (no matter what they are). When all of us can do that and simply have FAITH, the world will be a better place.

Last, I don't agree with this statement.   Muslim faith is just as strong as christian faith (if not stronger).  Guess what?  The world isn't a better place.  
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2012 at 9:57am

At least he prays to God and fully believes that God will help him with his problems (no matter what they are). When all of us can do that and simply have FAITH, the world will be a better place.

My good brother, keep in mind that faith is not something we achieve or attain on our own or by any action we initiate.  It, like everything else, is a gift from God.  This is something that I have been pondering the last week or so, and the grace of God continues to blow my mind.  God initiates and orchestrates it; he chooses to call us to him on his own timing, and according to his own will he reveals his truth to us.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" - Ephesians 2:8

I usually don't throw up bible verses to help state my case, but now I've done it two days in a row.  I'll not continue this trend unendingly, except for where appropriate, don't worry Tongue.
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2012 at 9:58am

Last, I don't agree with this statement.   Muslim faith is just as strong as christian faith (if not stronger).  Guess what?  The world isn't a better place.  

That's because Muslims don't have Jesus Christ in their lives. God knows what you need before you even ask him, and if you need help on a paper, he knows that and I don't see a reason to feel bad about asking.

Why, would you feel bad?
namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2012 at 10:38am
Originally posted by humblerooster

That's because Muslims don't have Jesus Christ in their lives.

Erm, yes they do. See the Wikipedia entry for "Jesus in Islam", which states:

The belief in Jesus (and all other messengers of God) is required in Islam, and a requirement of being a Muslim. The Quran mentions Jesus twenty-five times, more often, by name, than Muhammad.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2012 at 10:56am
Originally posted by namsapalooza

That's because Muslims don't have Jesus Christ in their lives.

The belief in Jesus (and all other messengers of God) is required in Islam, and a requirement of being a Muslim. The Quran mentions Jesus twenty-five times, more often, by name, than Muhammad.

I'll be more specific and clarify his entry for him:  "That's because Muslims don't have Jesus Christ [at the center of] their lives."  I think that was his intention anyway.
Muslims have a different person at the center of their religious/spiritual lives to guide them in everyday life.
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2012 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by robnezz23

I'll be more specific and clarify his entry for him:  "That's because Muslims don't have Jesus Christ [at the center of] their lives."  I think that was his intention anyway.
Muslims have a different person at the center of their religious/spiritual lives to guide them in everyday life.

wouldn't they still worship the same god? (like say, the father of jesus?) or is "allah" that different?
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 4:14am
Originally posted by shing02

wouldn't they still worship the same god? (like say, the father of jesus?) or is "allah" that different?

jesus is the son of god is also god himself.

allah is god.  

both are the same god.  however, it seems having faith in one is good while having faith in the other is bad even though they are the same god.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 4:27am

That's because Muslims don't have Jesus Christ in their lives. God knows what you need before you even ask him, and if you need help on a paper, he knows that and I don't see a reason to feel bad about asking.

Why, would you feel bad?

then why bother even asking?  god has a plan for you and already knows what you need before asking so what is the point?  he already knows whether he will answer your prayer or not before you even do it.  so it's not like praying for it will change his mind.

if you could change god's mind, would you not be greater than god?  in the end there is no point praying for things at all.  

you can pray to talk to god, like "hi god, i did a lot of work on my paper today.  I feel like I really accomplished something."  What's wrong with doing that?  god still is part of your life in every way if you pray (ie. tell him) about everything.  you don't have to ask for everything since he has already decided before hand what mark you will get on your paper or whether or not you even finish your paper.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 6:54am

allah is god.  

both are the same god.  however, it seems having faith in one is good while having faith in the other is bad even though they are the same god.
What do you mean when you say that "jesus is the son is also god himself"?

If the same people who say that Allah is God also say that Jesus is neither the Son nor God, but simply a prophet, how do you come to the conclusion that he is Allah? On what do you base your logic?

mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 8:17am

allah is god.  

What do you mean when you say that "jesus is the son is also god himself"?

If the same people who say that Allah is God also say that Jesus is neither the Son nor God, but simply a prophet, how do you come to the conclusion that he is Allah? On what do you base your logic?

Are you telling me you don't know about the trinity?????

Muslims and Christians worship the SAME GOD.  HOW and WHAT that god is described as is different.  

For example, I believe there are 48 states in the USA because hawaii and alaska don't count.  You'd say, you're mentally challenged because there are 50 states in the USA because hawaii and alaska do count as shown by documentation/history.  I am obviously wrong but my incorrect statement or belief does not exclude the fact that we both believe that the USA exists.

Same in this case.  Muslims don't think Jesus is god doesn't mean they don't believe in the same god as christians.  

robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 12:10pm
Let me get this right. It sounds like you are saying:
A. since the Christian divine being consists of the three persons of the Trinity (#1. God the Father, #2. Jesus the Son, #3. the Holy Spirit), and
B. since Muslims worship a being who shares similarities** to #1 above,
this proves they worship the same divinity.
(**I think there are similarities but my knowledge of Islam is minimal. I think the claim being made is to equate the Muslim God with God the Heavenly Father of Christianity.)
The only way this makes sense is if you don't think Jesus is divine, and probably more than that... if you don't think he's even important at all. Otherwise, it would be preposterous to make the claim you've made above.  It's like saying:  #1  +  #2  +  #3 still equals #1.  
We are called "Christians" in the echo of Jesus the Christ (a.k.a the Messiah, the Annointed One), and to propose that adding him as an object of worship changes nothing is totally and utterly absurd.  You know better than that.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 12:19pm

Would you explain it to me, please?

Muslims and Christians worship the SAME GOD.  HOW and WHAT that god is described as is different.For example, I believe there are 48 states in the USA because hawaii and alaska don't count.  You'd say, you're mentally challenged because there are 50 states in the USA because hawaii and alaska do count as shown by documentation/history.  I am obviously wrong but my incorrect statement or belief does not exclude the fact that we both believe that the USA exists.
Then please show me, by "documentation/history" or whatever credible means you'd like, how you are able to draw that conclusion.

Same in this case.  Muslims don't think Jesus is god doesn't mean they don't believe in the same god as christians.
Both Muslims and Christians will disagree w/ you. What you're saying is that you know the God of each religion better than they know their God themselves.
snowboardslider View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 3:00pm
hey guys, just wanted to share how God came through for me. i did have a bit of doubt, not trusting him 100% to help me finish the english paper. with the help of my parents, i was able to get 4/5 pages done. i've also realized that school is not for me. maybe national guard...still praying for God's will!
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2012 at 4:12am

A. since the Christian divine being consists of the three persons of the Trinity (#1. God the Father, #2. Jesus the Son, #3. the Holy Spirit), and
(**I think there are similarities but my knowledge of Islam is minimal. I think the claim being made is to equate the Muslim God with God the Heavenly Father of Christianity.)
The only way this makes sense is if you don't think Jesus is divine, and probably more than that... if you don't think he's even important at all. Otherwise, it would be preposterous to make the claim you've made above.  It's like saying:  #1  +  #2  +  #3 still equals #1.  
We are called "Christians" in the echo of Jesus the Christ (a.k.a the Messiah, the Annointed One), and to propose that adding him as an object of worship changes nothing is totally and utterly absurd.  You know better than that.

A.  Is an assumption.  No proof of this whatsoever that god exists as 1, 2 or 3.
No need to go further.

mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2012 at 4:58am

Go look it up.

Muslims and Christians worship the SAME GOD.  HOW and WHAT that god is described as is different.For example, I believe there are 48 states in the USA because hawaii and alaska don't count.  You'd say, you're mentally challenged because there are 50 states in the USA because hawaii and alaska do count as shown by documentation/history.  I am obviously wrong but my incorrect statement or belief does not exclude the fact that we both believe that the USA exists.
Then please show me, by "documentation/history" or whatever credible means you'd like, how you are able to draw that conclusion.

What conclusion?  that the USA exists and that both are the same even though one person thinks there are only 48 states?

Both Muslims and Christians will disagree w/ you. What you're saying is that you know the God of each religion better than they know their God themselves.

No.  Not all muslims and christians disagree.  Many agree it is the same god but they just disagree on what is the right path to god.

Here's a question, do you think jews believe in the same god as christians?

robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2012 at 11:55am

A.  Is an assumption.  No proof of this whatsoever that god exists as 1, 2 or 3.
No need to go further.

I know that there is no proof to confirm or deny point A above.  I wasn't trying to prove a point or debate anything, I was trying to extrapolate the logic you had used in your post and see if I had interpreted you correctly.

Besides, whether it's true or not is of no consequence.  Your post referred to HOW and WHAT god is described as.  Not what he actually is, because again there is no scientific proof.

So I guess what I was trying to get at is this.  My question is:  Are you equating the Muslim God with the Christian Heavenly Father?  If not, I would like to know more about how you think that Muslims and Christians worship the same God.  It's an interesting theory that, guess what (big surprise), also has no proof.  LOL
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2012 at 9:33pm

Go look it up.
Tapping-out?Wink
I don't need to look it up. I would like you to explain "jesus is the son of god is also god himself".

What conclusion?  that the USA exists and that both are the same even though one person thinks there are only 48 states
I'll rephrase:
Then please show me, by "documentation/history" or whatever credible means you'd like, how you are able to draw the conclusion that Christians and Muslims worship the same God. On what evidence do you base your claim?

No.  Not all muslims and christians disagree.  Many agree it is the same god but they just disagree on what is the right path to god.
I'll repeat my question from the previous paragraph: By what means do the many who "agree it is the same god" come to their conclusion? What is their evidence?

Go look it up.Big smile
I'll assume you mean religious Jews, not ethnic Jews, to which I answer 'no'. Christians believe in the Triune God, the Jews only believe in the first person of the Trinity. Remember, they crucified the Son.
screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2012 at 11:06pm
This thread was totally buried, but it keeps rising from the dead.  I'm sure someone will argue that's a sign.  lol
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2012 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by screwyvarmint

This thread was totally buried, but it keeps rising from the dead.  I'm sure someone will argue that's a sign.  lol
dude, that totally made my day! love your sense of humor :) to bring about 'change' to the confusing debates goin down.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2012 at 9:35pm
Hope all the moms had a good Mother's Day today and I hope all the kids remembered their moms/step-moms/moms-in-law/mother figures/etc. 
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2012 at 5:50am

By what means do the many who "agree it is the same god" come to their conclusion? What is their evidence?

Go look it up.  I am not gonna provide their evidence or how they came to their conclusion.

And for my own conclusions, I have already stated what I've read on the 3 religions before.  I've drawn my own conclusions as someone who is not biased by any of the 3.  I find it pointless to provide those conclusions because a faith based argument masquerading as logic is simply futile.   

Go look it up.Big smile
I'll assume you mean religious Jews, not ethnic Jews, to which I answer 'no'. Christians believe in the Triune God, the Jews only believe in the first person of the Trinity. Remember, they crucified the Son.

"They" being jews crucified jesus.  This is such a stupid statement.  That's like saying, "remember, humans crucified jesus".  Obviously humans don't think jesus was god.  Did you forget jesus himself was a jew?  The 12 apostles were jews?   

Using the statement "jews crucified jesus" to prove that jews do not believe jesus is god is simply wrong.

sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2012 at 12:03pm

By what means do the many who "agree it is the same god" come to their conclusion? What is their evidence?
Go look it up.  I am not gonna provide their evidence or how they came to their conclusion.
Who were you quoting?

And for my own conclusions, I have already stated what I've read on the 3 religions before.  I've drawn my own conclusions as someone who is not biased by any of the 3.  I find it pointless to provide those conclusions because a faith based argument masquerading as logic is simply futile.
I assumed your own conclusion was based on logic, not faith. Going on that assumption, I asked what evidence you based your logic upon, also assuming that your evidence would likely come from the two most logical sources: the Bible and the Koran. Since you claimed to be familiar w/ both books, I didn't think it would be much of a chore for you to list a few of the verses/passages that helped you form your unbiased conclusion.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 8:10am
Our God is an awesome God.  He reigns from heaven above with wisdom, power, and love.  Our God is an awesome God!
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 12:46pm
I made it a goal to incorporate Jesus in my conversations when I can. I it has been such a blessing. This guy from school now tells me he is looking on amazon to buy a Bible and he asks me for advice on a good translation to start reading with. Just buy talking about Jesus, he can do work in other peoples lives. God Bless everyone.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 7:58pm

Our God is an awesome God.  He reigns from heaven above with wisdom, power, and love.  Our God is an awesome God!
I like the melody of that song a lot, especially the chorus. I worked up a guitar solo to it several years ago. Haven't played it in quite awhile. Guess I'll have to see if I can dust it off...LOL

@humblerooster (how'd you come by that handle?)-
Thanks for sharing. 2Thessalonians 1:2

Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2012 at 5:07pm
God is really blessing my life.(more like, i'm seeing it now) i'm getting involved in a company called Meleluca, sellling organic, eco friendly home products. i'm also selling Cutco again. teaming up with a friend, we will be an unstopable force for God.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2012 at 8:14am
Favorite saying for the week:

Cheer up!  You're worse than you think!

-Jack Miller, Founder of World Harvest Mission
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2012 at 8:42am
@sgreen - I heard a preacher that about how people get influenced by what people talk about.
-Drugs
-Parties
-Drinking
-Sex

So why not talk more about Jesus in regular conversations in our day to day lives. It can be the beginning of more people coming to Christ.
Hominator1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Hominator1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2012 at 1:10pm
I'm glad to see brothers and sisters coming together.  Keep up God's good work!
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2012 at 9:17pm

Go look it up.Big smile
"They" being jews crucified jesus.  This is such a stupid statement.  That's like saying, "remember, humans crucified jesus".  Obviously humans don't think jesus was god.  Did you forget jesus himself was a jew?  The 12 apostles were jews?   

Using the statement "jews crucified jesus" to prove that jews do not believe jesus is god is simply wrong.
Is there anything constructive or instructional I'm supposed to take away from your comments?Big smile

I'm not sure why you would think I was trying to "prove that jews do not believe jesus is god", since you only asked for my opinion. (Am I safe in assuming you understand the difference between proof and opinion?) You asked: do I think Jews worship the same God as Christians? Or, to phrase it the way I responded to it: do I think these two different religions, Judaism and Christianity, worship the same God? My statements were given to support my opinion.

By "Jews", I assumed you meant followers of Judaism. In the phrase I highlighted above, I made it clear that I was differentiating between religious Jews (followers of Judaism specifically) and ethnic Jews (who may or may not follow Judaism, or any other religion, for that matter), and comparing religion to religion. "They" are the leaders (Pharisees, Sadducees, etc.) of Judaism at that time. Considering your professed familiarity w/ the Bible, you've likely read Matthew 26-27, Mark 14-15, Luke 22-23, and John 18-19, so it seemed reasonable to expect you'd know who conspired to bring about the Lord's crucifixion and that that's who I was referring to.

Followers of Judaism rejected and crucified Jesus Christ then and today are still waiting for the Messiah to come. 2Corinthians 3:7-16.

"They" being jews crucified jesus.  This is such a stupid statement.  That's like saying, "remember, humans crucified jesus".  ...  Did you forget jesus himself was a jew?  The 12 apostles were jews?
According to your logic, that's like asking, "Did you forget that Jesus himself was a human? The 12 apostles were human?". Since, in your opinion, my statement is stupid, are your questions also stupid?Wink
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2012 at 6:23am

Favorite saying for the week:

Cheer up!  You're worse than you think!

-Jack Miller, Founder of World Harvest Mission
I like that. a pastor i know says this often, "we are more evil than we will ever know, and more loved than we will ever believe."
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2012 at 7:36am
^^Here's another: Sin will take you farther than you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay, and cost you more than you want to pay.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2012 at 6:06am

^^Here's another: Sin will take you farther than you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay, and cost you more than you want to pay.
word, i've heard that before. so basically, don't sin, cause it will mess you up...(duh)though it's impossible. thank God for his grace!
Hominator1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Hominator1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2012 at 10:48am
Snowboarding is a great way to bring out others who may not come to a "Bible Study" or other church event that could be intimidating.  Just make sure you watch out for them, physically and spiritually!
screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2012 at 11:38am
A new poll says 46% of Americans believe in creationism.  I find that disturbing.  Can't people accept science and modify their belief in God to fit the facts?  At least that's less than a majority.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/155003/Hold-Creationist-View-Human-Origins.aspx
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2012 at 12:31pm
What surprises me about the Gallup poll is that the existence of God is assumed.  It leaves no room for any other option.
In another Gallup poll on their site, I noticed that Religious Americans Lead Healthier Lives.  Just an interesting point of conversation perhaps...

ScrewyV - Which response would you have chosen?  Which is the most "scientifically enlightened" response?
1.) Humans evolved, with God guiding
2.) Humans evolved, but God had no part in process
3.) God created humans in present form
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2012 at 6:34am
From the poll, I find this very interesting...

Those With Postgraduate Education Least Likely to Believe in Creationist Explanation
Americans with postgraduate education are most likely of all the educational groups to say humans evolved without God's guidance, and least likely to say God created humans in their present form within the last 10,000 years. The creationist viewpoint "wins" among Americans with less than a postgraduate education.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2012 at 7:21am
This is not a new finding... I'm sure you could extrapolate upon that and come to the conclusion that, essentially, the smartest people don't believe in God or creationism.  Or, to put it a different way, and more bluntly, stupid people believe in God.  That seems like it's what you're trying to get at, and more broadly it seems that is the theme of the majority of your posts.

Here's something to ponder from the same chart: The 3 lower education levels have relatively little difference.  (Remember there is a +/- 4% margin of error.)  There is only a large observed difference when moving to the Postgraduate category.  So the question for me becomes: Why?

What happens to people that get a Master's degree or PhD? 

Could it be that academia is flooded with professors that are opposed to creationism?  Possibly.  Are students influenced by what their professors tell them?  Certainly.  Are these same students exposed to only a few opinions on one side of the story?  Probably.

)(nfinit)( View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2012 at 7:33am
I am postgraduate and I believe in God.  just a random FYI.  cheers and thank you.
x_X
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2012 at 2:10pm

From the poll, I find this very interesting...

Those With Postgraduate Education Least Likely to Believe in Creationist Explanation
Americans with postgraduate education are most likely of all the educational groups to say humans evolved without God's guidance, and least likely to say God created humans in their present form within the last 10,000 years. The creationist viewpoint "wins" among Americans with less than a postgraduate education.
What do you find interesting about the quote?
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2012 at 5:50pm
Humans evolved and God guided process... That is a weird statement. They contradict each other. The Bible says that God made humans and all the animals, so how can humans evolved from a germ to a blob to a monkey to a human with Gods aid...?
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2012 at 9:28pm

Humans evolved and God guided process... That is a weird statement. They contradict each other. The Bible says that God made humans and all the animals, so how can humans evolved from a germ to a blob to a monkey to a human with Gods aid...?
It's called compromise. Revelation 3:14-16 is the first passage that comes to my mind. 1Kings 18:21 & Joshua 24:15, also. Matthew 19:4 hints pretty strongly at Jesus' thoughts on the Creation.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2012 at 5:04pm
I thought some might find this interesting (the whole debate was interesting to listen to):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vw1Q3XsSbA&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL0FC933DD2CC082A1

There are several good debate vids of this sort worth watching and listening to on YouTube. I've learned a lot from listening to Dawkins, Hitchens, Lennox, Zacharias, and others.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2012 at 6:34am

A new poll says 46% of Americans believe in creationism.  I find that disturbing.  Can't people accept science and modify their belief in God to fit the facts?  At least that's less than a majority.

I'm curious, are you a member of the scientific community?
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2012 at 8:20am
Suffering is the space between our current circumstances and what our heart desires.

So, either change your circumstances or change your desires to end your suffering.  We often have the ability to do both, but changing your circumstances is often the easy way out.  Don't give in people!  The temporary satisfaction found in comfort can not and will not ever compare to the fullness and satisfaction you will find in Jesus.

This is encouragement to myself as much as it is to others that care to read it.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2012 at 8:34am
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2012 at 9:14am

I'm curious, are you a member of the scientific community?
i find disturbing that 54% modify their belief in God, to adapt to Science(which He created).
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2012 at 10:05am
@rodnezz23

Thanks man. I really needed the encouragement.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2012 at 12:38pm
God bless all the dads out there and happy Father's Day tomorrow.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 43>