Jesus Christ

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 3637383940 43>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jesus Christ
    Posted: Aug/29/2012 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by elmasri90

I like to think of him as a prophet of God
How did you come to your view of Christ? Do you think of him as just a prophet and not the eternal Son of God made flesh? Not the Savior of mankind?

BTW, the scenery in your picture is beautiful. Where was it taken?
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2012 at 8:04pm

Originally posted by mech9t5

Originally posted by sgreen

as rob says, make sure you are doing what god wants you to do and not what the church wants you to do.  cause they aren't the same thing.
Please, explain.

the church does not equal god.  the church is run by MAN.  they are flawed.  Listening to what a MAN says is not the same as listening to what GOD says.  

Speak to god directly through prayer.  
Do you want to elaborate on that a little? According to what you've written here, I should ignore what you've written here.
I said what MAN says is not equal to what GOD says.  

You cannot simply assume that this statement (man not equal god) means man is ALWAYS wrong.  I have only stated that only god knows 100% what god wants.  Sometimes man gets it right and sometimes they get it wrong.  In some cases, they intentionally get it wrong to benefit themselves.

When you told Slider he shouldn't listen to the church because it run by humans (MAN), you essentially told him not to listen to humans. If you are human, everything you said about the church also applies to you.

"
as rob says, make sure you are doing what god wants you to do and not what mech9t5 wants you to do.  cause they aren't the same thing"
"
mech9t5 does not equal god."
"
mech9t5 is MAN"
"
mech9t5 is flawed"
"
Listening to what mech9t5 says is not the same as listening to what GOD says"
"
I said what mech9t5 says is not equal to what GOD says"
"
Sometimes mech9t5 gets it right and sometimes mech9t5 gets it wrong."

If Slider shouldn't listen to the church for the reasons you gave, it follows that he shouldn't listen to you for those very same reasons. Do you want to elaborate any further?
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2012 at 4:42am

How did you come to your view of Christ? Do you think of him as just a prophet and not the eternal Son of God made flesh? Not the Savior of mankind?

Most likely muslim.  They view christ as a good guy but not god himself.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2012 at 5:12am

as rob says, make sure you are doing what god wants you to do and not what the church wants you to do.  cause they aren't the same thing.
Please, explain.

the church does not equal god.  the church is run by MAN.  they are flawed.  Listening to what a MAN says is not the same as listening to what GOD says.  

Speak to god directly through prayer.  
Do you want to elaborate on that a little? According to what you've written here, I should ignore what you've written here.
I said what MAN says is not equal to what GOD says.  

You cannot simply assume that this statement (man not equal god) means man is ALWAYS wrong.  I have only stated that only god knows 100% what god wants.  Sometimes man gets it right and sometimes they get it wrong.  In some cases, they intentionally get it wrong to benefit themselves.

When you told Slider he shouldn't listen to the church because it run by humans (MAN), you essentially told him not to listen to humans. If you are human, everything you said about the church also applies to you.

"
as rob says, make sure you are doing what god wants you to do and not what mech9t5 wants you to do.  cause they aren't the same thing"
"
mech9t5 does not equal god."
"
mech9t5 is MAN"
"
mech9t5 is flawed"
"
Listening to what mech9t5 says is not the same as listening to what GOD says"
"
I said what mech9t5 says is not equal to what GOD says"
"
Sometimes mech9t5 gets it right and sometimes mech9t5 gets it wrong."

If Slider shouldn't listen to the church for the reasons you gave, it follows that he shouldn't listen to you for those very same reasons. Do you want to elaborate any further?

Why do you continue to play these quote mining games?  Why do you choose to strike out this statement?

"You cannot simply assume that this statement (man not equal god) means man is ALWAYS wrong."

Clearly I am saying that the church (man/me) is sometimes right but not always right.  If they are not always right then you (slider) needs to make sure you (slider) are doing what god wants and not what the church wants.

Is that so difficult to understand?  Robnezz seemed to clearly understand my meaning.  You, on the other hand, just like to distort and quote mine in order to prove your flawed point based on a flawed assumption.   

I guess that's what your church teaches you.  Distort gods words for your own gain.  

You have not answered my question either.  Do you think the (your) church is ALWAYS RIGHT?
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2012 at 5:35pm

Care to speculate on where the picture was taken?
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 4:21am

Care to speculate on where the picture was taken?

have no idea.  in the end mountains all look the same.

edit: after a quick google search.  the picture is from methven heliski, new zealand  

robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 11:43am
l love Him!
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 12:15pm

edit: after a quick google search.  the picture is from methven heliski, new zealand  

Heliski is in New Zealand? I thought it was in Finland.Big smile Btw, how did you do your Google search?
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2012 at 4:24am

Heliski is in New Zealand? I thought it was in Finland.Big smile Btw, how did you do your Google search?

google image search.  you can enter a URL and it returns results of similar images 
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2012 at 10:38pm
Here is some good news for those who follow what is happening to Christians around the world:  http://aclj.org/iran/youcef-freed
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2012 at 8:29pm

Not sure what definition of 'real job' or 'ethics' you're using, but by any definition I'm aware of, working in a MLM is a real job. And since, according to you, "most MLM's are unethical", some are not. So, isn't the important question whether or not the company Slider works for (Melaleuca) is ethical?
I say "most" simply because if I say "all", the literal language police will say that I cannot possibly certify that 100% of MLMs are unethical.
You can certify that MOST are unethical? What is your evidence?

MLMs are unethical because their primary pitch is telling you how much money you can make when they know FULL well that you have almost no chance of making any money at all.  And, they also know FULL well that you will likely LOSE money.
Can you certify this statement as it relates to Slider's employer, Melaleuca?

Slider has not provided a single point that shows what he is doing via Melaleuca is ethical.
Outside of your opinion, what point have you provided that shows what he is doing via Melaleuca is unethical?

By the way, where do your ethics come from?
Ethics come through natural evolution of society and through social norms.
This is what I'm most interested in: can you explain how this evolutionary process worked to form your ethics?
Thank you.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 6:09am

Funny how I have to prove my statement while slidur is free to say it is a great company? If you want to continue this conversation you should read about MLMs before asking stupid questions.  the statistics of MLM show that the majority of people end up losing money.  Period.  End of story.  In fact, I'd bet slidur is in the hole right now too.

check out Melaleuca's success rate.  An amazing 0.13%.  With 99.87% of people LOSING money with Melaleuca, I would assume that you'd agree Melaleuca should not say that you can "contribute to household income" and that "Melaleuca can make that possible".   How about this one?  "At Melaleuca, we're helping families secure their retirement, pay for children's education, get out of debt, and find security in the second half of their life."  You can't ethically make these kinds of statements when you KNOW 99.87% of people will NEVER get this.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 6:54am
Man, you guys are killing me.   This has now turned into more of a feud than anything.

RESET button...

Starting over, here ya go: Galatians 2:16

16yet we know that a person is not justifieda by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 7:26am
“If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”   C. S. Lewis
snowboardslider View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 5:57am

Funny how I have to prove my statement while slidur is free to say it is a great company? If you want to continue this conversation you should read about MLMs before asking stupid questions.  the statistics of MLM show that the majority of people end up losing money.  Period.  End of story.  In fact, I'd bet slidur is in the hole right now too.

check out Melaleuca's success rate.  An amazing 0.13%.  With 99.87% of people LOSING money with Melaleuca, I would assume that you'd agree Melaleuca should not say that you can "contribute to household income" and that "Melaleuca can make that possible".   How about this one?  "At Melaleuca, we're helping families secure their retirement, pay for children's education, get out of debt, and find security in the second half of their life."  You can't ethically make these kinds of statements when you KNOW 99.87% of people will NEVER get this.
I'm sorry for being away so long. I just fixed my log in, so I will be back to straighten things out. 
Anybody can distort facts to make a company, or anything look bad. However, once the truth is uncovered, it changes everything. The fact is, 95% of the people who place an order through Melaleuca will reorder next month. that's way higher than other MLM's...and guess what. Melaleuca is the first in its class, THEY ARE NOT AN MLM!!! They specialize in consumer direct marketing. people refer people to the company, who buy right from the company. so middle man. and the bold claims you mentioned above are actually true. However, you distorted them. Here's the truth. not everybody will 'build a Melaleuca business'. the people that don't aren't lesser for it, they will just be customers for life, enjoying amazing products. less that .01% will decide to build their business(refer people to Melaleuca). Melaleuca does do the things you mentioned above. hundreds of people have burned their mortgages, EARNED $400-1000 a month for a car payment, sent their children to college, paid off all their dept, and now live comfortably in retirement. THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR EVERYBODY. DUH!! you have to work hard. this is not a 'get rich overnight' scheme. but they can offer these claims because it really works. they are the only company that has TRUE RESIDUAL INCOME! I would love to answer any further questions. but please, ask, don't make accusations on what you THINK our company is about. they have changed the game from all other MLM's out there; to which you can't even compare.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 6:12am
Originally posted by snowboardslider

I'm sorry for being away so long. I just fixed my log in, so I will be back to straighten things out. 
Anybody can distort facts to make a company, or anything look bad. However, once the truth is uncovered, it changes everything. The fact is, 95% of the people who place an order through Melaleuca will reorder next month. that's way higher than other MLM's...and guess what. Melaleuca is the first in its class, THEY ARE NOT AN MLM!!! They specialize in consumer direct marketing. people refer people to the company, who buy right from the company. so middle man. and the bold claims you mentioned above are actually true. However, you distorted them. Here's the truth. not everybody will 'build a Melaleuca business'. the people that don't aren't lesser for it, they will just be customers for life, enjoying amazing products. less that .01% will decide to build their business(refer people to Melaleuca). Melaleuca does do the things you mentioned above. hundreds of people have burned their mortgages, EARNED $400-1000 a month for a car payment, sent their children to college, paid off all their dept, and now live comfortably in retirement. THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR EVERYBODY. DUH!! you have to work hard. this is not a 'get rich overnight' scheme. but they can offer these claims because it really works. they are the only company that has TRUE RESIDUAL INCOME! I would love to answer any further questions. but please, ask, don't make accusations on what you THINK our company is about. they have changed the game from all other MLM's out there; to which you can't even compare.
oh, for the record, I am not, "in the whole". i will earn $500 this month...F.Y.I.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 8:12am

oh, for the record, I am not, "in the whole". i will earn $500 this month...F.Y.I.

I would love to see the math on your "business"... 

$$ Spent Since Joining - $$ Earned Since Joining = (A)
# Hours Spent since Joining = (B) 

If (A) > 0 then "Congrats, you made some money"
ELSE IF (A) < 0 then "Too bad, you are in the hole"
END IF

Hourly Rate (C) = (A) / (B).

IF (C) > Minimum Wage then "Congrats, you make more than working at McD"
ELSE IF (C) < Minimum Wage then "You are in the hole."
END IF

Oh, one more thing... how much of the $$ you are gonna make is from a source other than from friends and family?

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 8:38am
^ Damn, $500 for the month?  What's that work out to be.... hmmmm.... ~$125/week?  Where do I sign up???
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 9:49am

Anybody can distort facts to make a company, or anything look bad. (1) However, once the truth is uncovered, it changes everything. The fact is, 95% of the people who place an order through Melaleuca will reorder next month. that's way higher than other MLM's...and guess what. Melaleuca is the first in its class, THEY ARE NOT AN MLM!!! (2).  They specialize in consumer direct marketing. people refer people to the company, who buy right from the company. so middle man. and the bold claims you mentioned above are actually true.  However, you distorted them. Here's the truth. not everybody will 'build a Melaleuca business'. the people that don't aren't lesser for it, they will just be customers for life, enjoying amazing products (3). less that .01% will decide to build their business(refer people to Melaleuca).(4).  Melaleuca does do the things you mentioned above. hundreds of people have burned their mortgages, EARNED $400-1000 a month for a car payment, sent their children to college, paid off all their dept, and now live comfortably in retirement. THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR EVERYBODY. DUH!! you have to work hard. this is not a 'get rich overnight' scheme (5). but they can offer these claims because it really works. they are the only company that has TRUE RESIDUAL INCOME!.  I would love to answer any further questions. but please, ask, don't make accusations on what you THINK our company is about (6). they have changed the game from all other MLM's out there; to which you can't even compare.

You want to have a REAL discussion and not just throw around useless statements like "they are the only company that has TRUE RESIDUAL INCOME!"?  (BTW, all MLMs have true residual income.  That's the point of an MLM).  Let me start with a link to the income statement from Melaleuca ("MEL").  This is published by MEL themselves.  2011 Income Statement.  Or, for your reference, here is the 2010 Income Statement

1. Anyone can also distort facts to make a company look good.  And in some cases, like this one, some may even lie or make up facts.  See point (4) below.

2. The number of times a customer reorders is not a measure of whether or not this is an MLM.  The funny thing is you are comparing customer reorder rate of MEL to other MLMs.  Does this not imply that you consider MEL an MLM?  Also, you say they (MEL), are at the top of their class.  Class of what?  MLMs?  Does this not also imply they are an MLM?  Clearly it is an MLM.
3. Amazing products?  I don't have access to their products and prices but I would challenge you to do some research on the ingredients of the products and look at prices for alternatives.  Also look for some independent tests of these products compared to regular brands.
4. The actual FACT is that 38% of MEL customers refer others... substantially more than "less than .01%" 
5. This is exactly what ALL of these MLM company's teach their "reps" to say.  Very consistent.
6. I am not saying what I "think".  I am stating facts.  You are actually saying what you "think" and not providing any (real) facts.

Here are some more numbers for you to mull over from the income statement...

Out of the 11% that MEL says are serious about building a "business" (ie. Director and above), 85.3% have an average income of $2054 per year and takes roughly 7 months to get to that level.

Let's look at the costs... 
1. $29 enrollment fee
2. 35pts minimum purchase to maintain membership is about $60 per month = $720 per year
3. average shipping cost $7 per order per month = $84 per year

So you pull in roughly $100 per month as a Director...  Sounds pretty bad to me. 

Keep in mind, this is a DIRECTOR.  There are 3 levels below that...  1 directly below that is Marketing III which only makes $557 per year!  Guess what?  That guy is losing $$

Yes, I know you're going to tell me that the purchases are for stuff you use anyway... I'm pretty sure, I don't need to spend $60 a month for crap I don't use.  Especially, if it is overpriced... (not saying it is.  But it could be...).

If you REALLY believe this is such a great way to make money, please post all your costs, fees, bonuses, revenue, etc.  Also post some products and their prices so we can compare if these products are worth it or just junk.  

mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 9:51am
Originally posted by ctoma

^ Damn, $500 for the month?  What's that work out to be.... hmmmm.... ~$125/week?  Where do I sign up???

Ask your friends and family for money.  It's less work and is essentially what MLMs are...
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 10:00am

“If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”   C. S. Lewis

StarClap

I'm finding that Lewis is an amazing author, and I wish I would have started reading his stuff earlier on in life.  But his stuff is SOOOO dense sometimes.  It takes a while to digest.  My bible study group is currently going through The Screwtape Letters, and they are just fascinating.  But you really have to actively read, it's not just a skim and get the jist of it, you know?
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by robnezz23

StarClap

I'm finding that Lewis is an amazing author, and I wish I would have started reading his stuff earlier on in life.  But his stuff is SOOOO dense sometimes.  It takes a while to digest.  My bible study group is currently going through The Screwtape Letters, and they are just fascinating.  But you really have to actively read, it's not just a skim and get the jist of it, you know?
I do, though not from Lewis' writings. That's kind of the nature of metaphors. John Bunyan's The Pilgrim's Progress is the same way. And, of course, so is scripture.

Isn't the Screwtape Letters about some correspondence between Satan and a demon? I have a copy of it that I started reading about 12 years ago or so, but never finished. I thought it was interesting, kind of clever, but for some reason got away from it. I see and hear Lewis' name come up a lot in theological and apologetics articles and vids. He is highly respected, apparently.

That quote was actually pulled from an article by Alister McGrath on Christian apologetics I was reading. Here's the link, in case you're interested:

http://www.rzim.org/just-thinking/the-heart-of-apologetics/
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 8:14am
Screwtape is one of Satan's cronies, and the Screwtape letters are written from Screwtape to a lesser demon named Wormwood.  He basically gives advice on how to thwart the Enemy's (read: God's) plans in nearly every aspect of life.  It's just so intriguing to me to think that maybe everyone has a demon assigned to them to keep them from experiencing relationship with God.  And it makes you think about things from a different point of view, which is probably the most fun, because you realize what the evil ones are up to.  Per Lewis' view, they are very intelligent and deliberate in their efforts.  I've caught myself on more than one occassion remarking, "Those bastards!"  A lot of what is written in the letters is visible and applicable still in today's world.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 4:31pm

Ask your friends and family for money.  It's less work and is essentially what MLMs are...
MLM, not Melaleuca.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 5:35pm

MLM, not Melaleuca.
LAUGH NOW! because when I turn 30 i'll be retiring...
I'll be earning more residual income in a few months than you make in a year. 
Money I won't have to work for...ever again.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 6:23pm
SmileTongueSmile Tonight, after putting my 3-year-old son to bed, I had the pleasure of hearing him reciting some of the Ten Commandments, mixed in with singing the alphabet and a sing-song counting of 1-to-10.Smile
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 6:35pm

Anybody can distort facts to make a company, or anything look bad. (1) However, once the truth is uncovered, it changes everything. The fact is, 95% of the people who place an order through Melaleuca will reorder next month. that's way higher than other MLM's...and guess what. Melaleuca is the first in its class, THEY ARE NOT AN MLM!!! (2).  They specialize in consumer direct marketing. people refer people to the company, who buy right from the company. so middle man. and the bold claims you mentioned above are actually true.  However, you distorted them. Here's the truth. not everybody will 'build a Melaleuca business'. the people that don't aren't lesser for it, they will just be customers for life, enjoying amazing products (3). less that .01% will decide to build their business(refer people to Melaleuca).(4).  Melaleuca does do the things you mentioned above. hundreds of people have burned their mortgages, EARNED $400-1000 a month for a car payment, sent their children to college, paid off all their dept, and now live comfortably in retirement. THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR EVERYBODY. DUH!! you have to work hard. this is not a 'get rich overnight' scheme (5). but they can offer these claims because it really works. they are the only company that has TRUE RESIDUAL INCOME!.  I would love to answer any further questions. but please, ask, don't make accusations on what you THINK our company is about (6). they have changed the game from all other MLM's out there; to which you can't even compare.

You want to have a REAL discussion and not just throw around useless statements like "they are the only company that has TRUE RESIDUAL INCOME!"?  (BTW, all MLMs have true residual income.  That's the point of an MLM).  Let me start with a link to the income statement from Melaleuca ("MEL").  This is published by MEL themselves.  2011 Income Statement.  Or, for your reference, here is the 2010 Income Statement

1. Anyone can also distort facts to make a company look good.  And in some cases, like this one, some may even lie or make up facts.  See point (4) below.

2. The number of times a customer reorders is not a measure of whether or not this is an MLM.  The funny thing is you are comparing customer reorder rate of MEL to other MLMs.  Does this not imply that you consider MEL an MLM?  Also, you say they (MEL), are at the top of their class.  Class of what?  MLMs?  Does this not also imply they are an MLM?  Clearly it is an MLM.
3. Amazing products?  I don't have access to their products and prices but I would challenge you to do some research on the ingredients of the products and look at prices for alternatives.  Also look for some independent tests of these products compared to regular brands.
4. The actual FACT is that 38% of MEL customers refer others... substantially more than "less than .01%" 
5. This is exactly what ALL of these MLM company's teach their "reps" to say.  Very consistent.
6. I am not saying what I "think".  I am stating facts.  You are actually saying what you "think" and not providing any (real) facts.

Out of the 11% that MEL says are serious about building a "business" (ie. Director and above), 85.3% have an average income of $2054 per year and takes roughly 7 months to get to that level.

1. $29 enrollment fee
2. 35pts minimum purchase to maintain membership is about $60 per month = $720 per year

So you pull in roughly $100 per month as a Director...  Sounds pretty bad to me. 

Keep in mind, this is a DIRECTOR.  There are 3 levels below that...  1 directly below that is Marketing III which only makes $557 per year!  Guess what?  That guy is losing $$

Yes, I know you're going to tell me that the purchases are for stuff you use anyway... I'm pretty sure, I don't need to spend $60 a month for crap I don't use.  Especially, if it is overpriced... (not saying it is.  But it could be...).

If you REALLY believe this is such a great way to make money, please post all your costs, fees, bonuses, revenue, etc.  Also post some products and their prices so we can compare if these products are worth it or just junk.  

Firstly, I would like to apologize for misrepresenting Melaleuca. I will say that this company is 1oo% honest about everything, so anybody can learn the truth. 
Secondly, I would like to thank you for correcting me with an un-biased, mature response, and not with a bunch of hateful, useless words. I will now learn even more about the company, so as to not repeat this mistake.

3. I can inform you on some of the products and how a lot of them cost less, without compromising the ingredients. Here are a few of our exceptional products that blow other companies out of the water: 

a. Lemon Brite: (hand)dish washing detergent. 
Fights grease.
Cost: $4 or $10.8o for 3.
Then you dilute it by three...
Bringing the final price down to a dollar and change per bottle!
(Replaces: Dawn, )

b. Tub n Tile: bathroom cleaner.
Fights soap scum.
Cost: $5.69 per concentrated bottle.
Each bottle is diluted 6 times, costing less than one dollar per bottle. 
(Replaces: Cascade, )

c. Renew: hand lotion.
Description right from the website
  • Heals, protects, and prevents even the driest skin
  • Restores moisture to skin
  • Leaves skin softer
  • Outperformed Original Eucerin® in clinical tests
  • Fast-absorbing, long-lasting, replenishing relief
Renew is clinically proven to leave even severely dry skin silkier and healthier in just 24 hours.
In clinical studies, Renew outperformed the leading dermatologist-recommended lotion for skin softness, smoothness, and hydration.

4. .o1% decide to BUILD a Melaleuca business(not just refer a customer from time to time).
There are 3 levels of customer commitment:
1. Simply be a customer, referring Melaleuca to people on occasion.
2. Spend under 20 hours a week working the business.
3. spend 40+ hour a week working the business.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 7:16pm

1. $29 enrollment fee

Firstly, I would like to apologize for misrepresenting Melaleuca. I will say that this company is 1oo% honest about everything, so anybody can learn the truth. 
Secondly, I would like to thank you for correcting me with an un-biased, mature response, and not with a bunch of hateful, useless words. I will now learn even more about the company, so as to not repeat this mistake.

3. I can inform you on some of the products and how a lot of them cost less, without compromising the ingredients. Here are a few of our exceptional products that blow other companies out of the water: 

Fights grease.

Fights soap scum.

• Leaves skin softer
Renew is clinically proven to leave even severely dry skin silkier and healthier in just 24 hours.
In clinical studies, Renew outperformed the leading dermatologist-recommended lotion for skin softness, smoothness, and hydration.

4. .o1% decide to BUILD a Melaleuca business(not just refer a customer from time to time).
I apologize again, I forgot to answer the rest of your question(accusation? jk)
like you said yourself, I'm going to tell you that these products are merely replacing the chemical laden, expansive, ineffective products with solutions that (REALLY) work.
I never thought of it as $720 a year(thank you for breaking it down that way), however, I haven't noticed a 'loss of funds', but rather(from personal experience with the products) I feel healthier. Whether it's starting a workout with their Access bar, drinking Sustain while exercising, drinking the protein shake afterwards, washing with their french milled Gold bar(which has lasted me over 2 months...and counting), cleaning with Tub n Tile(which actually removes the Pocono's hard water mineral build up problem) or knowing that I'm saving a ton of money, and improving my hands, every time I use Lemon Brite(dish cleaner), Melaleuca products would be worth the transition, even if i didn't 'make a buck' from enrolling preferred customers.
As for my financial situation, I guess you could argue that I am loosing money...
I have been buying the products for 4 months now, and have probably spent almost $300.
That only seems like a lot of money because you are buying the products all at one time. If you were to compare our product to ANY 'competitor', you'd instantly see the savings and quality difference. 
This month, I only have to enroll 3 more customers, and Melaleuca will send me a check for $500!
I won't 'count my chickens before they hatch', but If I reach a certain Director level before January, I'll have the opportunity to earn anywhere from $5000-$10,000!(not bad for merely referring people to shop through Melaleuca, eh?)
Keep in mind something, once you get to any level, you WILL earn that residual income, for the rest of your life. so even at Marketing Executive III, you will earn no less that a $557 ADDITION to your paycheck...that you won't have to work for in the future!
When somebody has 1-7 customers, they earn 7% of that customers point order; when they enroll 8-19, they earn 14%; and once they enroll 20, they start earning 20% of the product points of their personally enrolled customers. 
Additionally, if I enroll somebody, and they enroll somebody, I will earn 7% off of that persons point order. capisci? italiano... Wink

mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 5:01am

Fights grease.

Fights soap scum.

• Leaves skin softer

Re: Product comparison.
1. You didn't compare the prices of the actual products
2. You also have to compare the effectiveness of the product.
3. You did not provide the size of the product for the price.
4. Diluting is not a valid comparison since you can dilute to 6 to 1 or 10 to 1 to generate your desired price level.  It is about effectiveness (point 2)

a. Lemon Brite $4 vs. Dawn (walmart) $3.97 for 38oz
b. Tub n Tile $5.69 vs. Cascade.  I could not find a Cascade bathroom cleaner from Walmart.  Tilex is $3.98 for 32oz
c. Renew Hand Lotion - no price provided.

When doing a comparison of the products to know if you are getting a deal, you need to compare price/volume, effectiveness, etc.

You still haven't shown how MEL is any better or cheaper than going to Walmart (especially since there is a shipping cost you need to add on to the products).

Re: Business Building
1.  You defined business building as "refer people to MEL"  - your own words.  
2.  I don't think you read MEL's income statement that I linked before. 

If you had read the income statement, you will know that 27% refer people from time to time.  11% are serious about "building a business".  

11% is still MUCH more (1100 times) than 0.01%

----
Whoever told you these stats is lying to you or is ignorant. 
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 5:37am

like you said yourself, I'm going to tell you that these products are merely replacing the chemical laden, expansive, ineffective products with solutions that (REALLY) work. (1)
I never thought of it as $720 a year(thank you for breaking it down that way), however, I haven't noticed a 'loss of funds', but rather(from personal experience with the products) I feel healthier (2). Whether it's starting a workout with their Access bar, drinking Sustain while exercising, drinking the protein shake afterwards, washing with their french milled Gold bar(which has lasted me over 2 months...and counting), cleaning with Tub n Tile(which actually removes the Pocono's hard water mineral build up problem) or knowing that I'm saving a ton of money, (3) and improving my hands, every time I use Lemon Brite (4)(dish cleaner), Melaleuca products would be worth the transition, even if i didn't 'make a buck' from enrolling preferred customers.

1. Still to be proven.  I challenge you to come up with independent tests/reviews of the products.  Look for chemical make up to compare to equivalent products to see what's in there.  DO YOUR HOMEWORK.  Don't just believe what MEL marketing propoganda tells you.

2. Feeling healthier is likely just a placebo effect.  See point #1 But I'm glad you acknowledge you are losing money rather than denying that you are "in the whole".

3. Still to be proven.  You haven't shown me you are saving money at all.  Similar products are the same or less money especially given the fact that you have to pay for shipping.  See point #1.

4. Still just a baseless claim.  Still to be proven.  See point #1.

As for my financial situation, I guess you could argue that I am loosing money...
I have been buying the products for 4 months now, and have probably spent almost $300.
That only seems like a lot of money because you are buying the products all at one time. (5)  If you were to compare our product to ANY 'competitor', you'd instantly see the savings and quality difference. (6)
This month, I only have to enroll 3 more customers, and Melaleuca will send me a check for $500! (7)
I won't 'count my chickens before they hatch', but If I reach a certain Director level before January, I'll have the opportunity to earn anywhere from $5000-$10,000(8)(not bad for merely referring people to shop through Melaleuca, eh?)
Keep in mind something, once you get to any level, you WILL earn that residual income, for the rest of your life. so even at Marketing Executive III, you will earn no less that a $557 ADDITION to your paycheck (9)...that you won't have to work for in the future!
When somebody has 1-7 customers, they earn 7% of that customers point order; when they enroll 8-19, they earn 14%; and once they enroll 20, they start earning 20% of the product points of their personally enrolled customers. 
Additionally, if I enroll somebody, and they enroll somebody, I will earn 7% off of that persons point order. capisci? italiano... Wink (10)

5. So you averaged about $75 per month ($900 per year).  I would agree what you've spent over the 4 months is not that much if you were allowed to stop buying.  Clearly, by your statement that you are "Buying all the products at one time" means you have purchased MORE than you needed for that period.  When you are forced to continue buying every month, then your supply continues to grow and grow so that you'll never use it all.  Buying more than you need = wasting money.  Not saving.

6. Still waiting for the comparison.  If I would "instantly see the savings" why can't you show me a real comparison.

7. You intentionally mis-represented your true earnings/loss.  You said you were "not in the whole" and you said "I will earn $500 this month".  The fact is you ARE in the hole and you might not make your $500 this month because you still have to sign up 3 more customers.

8. You will have the OPPORTUNITY to earn.  That means nothing.  That's the problem with MLM.  They try to make you believe YOU will be earning that kind of money.  Clearly you have fallen for it.  In some states, it is ILLEGAL to make claims of potential revenue.  In other states, you can make a claim but you MUST indicate what the average income level is.  In this case, the average Director level 1/2 makes $2054 per year GROSS (you still have to pay your $900 a year to buy the products).   You are left with roughly $1000 per year.  Pretty crappy job if you ask me.

9.  You will earn that residual income assuming your customers don't bail (which a lot will).

10.  Thank you for explaining MLM to me.  
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 5:48am

MLM, not Melaleuca.

This is why MLMs are evil.  They have convinced you that you will be living the dream when we all KNOW, even from their own material (income statement), that most people will not make enough money to quit their job let alone make more money in a few months than I do in a year.

From their own stats.  2.5% of the serious business builders (11% of the total) makes an average of $62k per year (Senior director).  This is the level you need to quit your day job. 

Now let's look at how much money you'll need before you make more than I do in a few months.  I'm not telling you how much I make, let's just assume I make $62k.  To make that in 4 months (what I consider a few), you need an annual income of $186k.  Even at Executive director level, you are only at $153k average and only 1.4% of them make that kind of money.

Trust me.  You won't be retiring by 30.  You'll quit this program having spent more than you get in return.  And you will have condemned all those that you signed up to the same fate.

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 7:55am

MLM, not Melaleuca.

Get back to us when you're 30 and realize you had to get a real job because this Metamucil organization is bullshit.  And your quote about earning more residual income in a few months than I make in a year?  Funniest thing I have read in a long time.  Your $500/month is a joke, employees at Target make more than that.  I wonder how many friends/family you have to con to become part of the pyramid below you?  How many friends/family will de-friend and de-family you for getting them involved in such a bullshit organization?  Sounds like you are drinking the Kool-aid and believing everything the top of the pyramid is feeding you.

Do yourself a favor and join the Marines like God intended you to do.  Listen to Him, He said "Join the Marines, Slacker!!!".
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 6:16am

like you said yourself, I'm going to tell you that these products are merely replacing the chemical laden, expansive, ineffective products with solutions that (REALLY) work. (1)
I never thought of it as $720 a year(thank you for breaking it down that way), however, I haven't noticed a 'loss of funds', but rather(from personal experience with the products) I feel healthier (2). Whether it's starting a workout with their Access bar, drinking Sustain while exercising, drinking the protein shake afterwards, washing with their french milled Gold bar(which has lasted me over 2 months...and counting), cleaning with Tub n Tile(which actually removes the Pocono's hard water mineral build up problem) or knowing that I'm saving a ton of money, (3) and improving my hands, every time I use Lemon Brite (4)(dish cleaner), Melaleuca products would be worth the transition, even if i didn't 'make a buck' from enrolling preferred customers.

1. Still to be proven.  I challenge you to come up with independent tests/reviews of the products.  Look for chemical make up to compare to equivalent products to see what's in there.  DO YOUR HOMEWORK.  Don't just believe what MEL marketing propoganda tells you.

2. Feeling healthier is likely just a placebo effect.  See point #1 But I'm glad you acknowledge you are losing money rather than denying that you are "in the whole".

3. Still to be proven.  You haven't shown me you are saving money at all.  Similar products are the same or less money especially given the fact that you have to pay for shipping.  See point #1.

4. Still just a baseless claim.  Still to be proven.  See point #1.

That only seems like a lot of money because you are buying the products all at one time. (5)  If you were to compare our product to ANY 'competitor', you'd instantly see the savings and quality difference. (6)
This month, I only have to enroll 3 more customers, and Melaleuca will send me a check for $500! (7)
I won't 'count my chickens before they hatch', but If I reach a certain Director level before January, I'll have the opportunity to earn anywhere from $5000-$10,000(8)(not bad for merely referring people to shop through Melaleuca, eh?)
Keep in mind something, once you get to any level, you WILL earn that residual income, for the rest of your life. so even at Marketing Executive III, you will earn no less that a $557 ADDITION to your paycheck (9)...that you won't have to work for in the future!
Additionally, if I enroll somebody, and they enroll somebody, I will earn 7% off of that persons point order. capisci? italiano... Wink (10)

5. So you averaged about $75 per month ($900 per year).  I would agree what you've spent over the 4 months is not that much if you were allowed to stop buying.  Clearly, by your statement that you are "Buying all the products at one time" means you have purchased MORE than you needed for that period.  When you are forced to continue buying every month, then your supply continues to grow and grow so that you'll never use it all.  Buying more than you need = wasting money.  Not saving.

6. Still waiting for the comparison.  If I would "instantly see the savings" why can't you show me a real comparison.

7. You intentionally mis-represented your true earnings/loss.  You said you were "not in the whole" and you said "I will earn $500 this month".  The fact is you ARE in the hole and you might not make your $500 this month because you still have to sign up 3 more customers.

8. You will have the OPPORTUNITY to earn.  That means nothing.  That's the problem with MLM.  They try to make you believe YOU will be earning that kind of money.  Clearly you have fallen for it.  In some states, it is ILLEGAL to make claims of potential revenue.  In other states, you can make a claim but you MUST indicate what the average income level is.  In this case, the average Director level 1/2 makes $2054 per year GROSS (you still have to pay your $900 a year to buy the products).   You are left with roughly $1000 per year.  Pretty crappy job if you ask me.

9.  You will earn that residual income assuming your customers don't bail (which a lot will).

10.  Thank you for explaining MLM to me.  
ugh. I will not give up trying to explain the truth. thank you for not giving up on correcting me. It is my fault alone for misrepresenting Melaleuca. It would be so much easier for you to be able to log onto the website, and see all the information for yourself. I know the things I have said don't seem 100% true, and I'm sorry for that. I can't seem to accurately portray the company. but please look past my imperfection to what the company actually is. I will try again to answer your (legitimate) question about the Melaleuca. thank you for being patient and understanding!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 6:20am

MLM, not Melaleuca.

Get back to us when you're 30 and realize you had to get a real job because this Metamucil organization is bullshit.  And your quote about earning more residual income in a few months than I make in a year?  Funniest thing I have read in a long time.  Your $500/month is a joke, employees at Target make more than that.  I wonder how many friends/family you have to con to become part of the pyramid below you?  How many friends/family will de-friend and de-family you for getting them involved in such a bullshit organization?  Sounds like you are drinking the Kool-aid and believing everything the top of the pyramid is feeding you.

Do yourself a favor and join the Marines like God intended you to do.  Listen to Him, He said "Join the Marines, Slacker!!!".
alright, maybe I should take back my comment about earning more than you guys until I actually do. put action to my words. I'm sorry, I got a little ahead of myself. Apology accepted? probably not, but it's said nevertheless. 
The whole point of this company is to be a part time job. I am realizing that I need to get a regular job in addition to working Melaleuca as a business in order to succeed.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 7:16am

MLM, not Melaleuca.

This is why MLMs are evil.  They have convinced you that you will be living the dream when we all KNOW, even from their own material (income statement), that most people will not make enough money to quit their job let alone make more money in a few months than I do in a year.

From their own stats.  2.5% of the serious business builders (11% of the total) makes an average of $62k per year (Senior director).  This is the level you need to quit your day job. 

Now let's look at how much money you'll need before you make more than I do in a few months.  I'm not telling you how much I make, let's just assume I make $62k.  To make that in 4 months (what I consider a few), you need an annual income of $186k.  Even at Executive director level, you are only at $153k average and only 1.4% of them make that kind of money.

Trust me.  You won't be retiring by 30.  You'll quit this program having spent more than you get in return.  And you will have condemned all those that you signed up to the same fate.

1. Melaleuca is not an MLM. we are the first Consumer Direct Marketing company.
2. I agree with you, MLM's are evil. making the financial outcome of the few at the top as the goal of every single person joining their company is wrong. I apologize if I have unintentionally painted that picture of Melaleuca.
3. In order to earn big bucks you will need to work hard and consistently, it won't happen overnight. I might retire at 30, but even if I don't I aim to have a car payment of $400 a month to help me get e new car and I know that even if the check from Melaleuca is small right now, it will grow.
4. The goal of this company is not a get rich quick theme. sorry once again if my excitement painted that picture. The emphasis is on the products. My dad and I have noticed a difference by taking the 'Unforgettables' supplements. We have been able to process our severe A.D.D. I know that you might think it's just me wishing the products would work, and, 'oh wow, they do!' no, these products ARE making a difference in mine and my dad's life.
5. I used to get sick from using regular cleaning products to clean my bathroom. I'd have the window and door open too. now I can use our product called Tub n Tile, door and window closed, and because it's chemical free, it doesn't have any negative effects on me.
I know you are probably thinking, "can a 'green' product actually work as well as a chemical laden one?" yes! as a matter of FACT, our cleaner works way better than Tilex in actually removing soap scum build up, mineral deposits and other things, in addition to leaving the bathroom spelling 100% clean(something I didn't notice with using lysol)and 100%chemical free.
belleayre View Drop Down
Local
Local
My son 2010

Quote belleayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 10:37am
You're just spamming this forum advertising this MLM (seven levels according to Forbes). Your guru doesn't sound as bad as most, BTW he does not encourage his disciples to go into debt to buy cars.

Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by belleayre

You're just spamming this forum advertising this MLM (seven levels according to Forbes). Your guru doesn't sound as bad as most, BTW he does not encourage his disciples to go into debt to buy cars.

I am not spamming this forum(which I created, btw). If you look to the beginning of our conversation, you'll see that I was announcing how God has been working in my life.
Melaleuca is NOT an MLM! We are a Consumer Direct Marketing company.
I'm not sure what your comment about going into debt to buy a car was about.
Our company gives you $400 a month for a car payment at Senior Director(once you have 20 personally enrolled customers, and 5 of them who have 8.) I just became a Director(enrolling 8) and will be receiving a check for $500. it could take me a year to get 5 Directors, but I will do it!
belleayre View Drop Down
Local
Local
My son 2010

Quote belleayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 2:29pm
It's Multiple Level Marketing by definition, no matter how the company chooses to describe itself. 

Anyway, I wish you well, hope you see the light sooner rather than later. 
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2012 at 5:07am

2. I agree with you, MLM's are evil. making the financial outcome of the few at the top as the goal of every single person joining their company is wrong. I apologize if I have unintentionally painted that picture of Melaleuca.
3. In order to earn big bucks you will need to work hard and consistently, it won't happen overnight. I might retire at 30, but even if I don't I aim to have a car payment of $400 a month to help me get e new car and I know that even if the check from Melaleuca is small right now, it will grow.
4. The goal of this company is not a get rich quick theme. sorry once again if my excitement painted that picture. The emphasis is on the products. My dad and I have noticed a difference by taking the 'Unforgettables' supplements. We have been able to process our severe A.D.D. I know that you might think it's just me wishing the products would work, and, 'oh wow, they do!' no, these products ARE making a difference in mine and my dad's life.
5. I used to get sick from using regular cleaning products to clean my bathroom. I'd have the window and door open too. now I can use our product called Tub n Tile, door and window closed, and because it's chemical free, it doesn't have any negative effects on me.
I know you are probably thinking, "can a 'green' product actually work as well as a chemical laden one?" yes! as a matter of FACT, our cleaner works way better than Tilex in actually removing soap scum build up, mineral deposits and other things, in addition to leaving the bathroom spelling 100% clean(something I didn't notice with using lysol)and 100%chemical free.

1. It is 100% an MLM.  All MLMs try to represent themselves as something else.  I'll admit their model is slightly less evil since their payout structure is better than most other MLMs.  However, less evil is still evil.

2.  Making the financial outcome of a few at the top as a goal is exactly what Mela does.  Again, GO LOOK AT THE INCOME STATEMENT.  From their own income statement...

a. 98.4% of Mela customers/distributors/whatever you call them, makes less than $2054 per year BEFORE their mandatory points spending (which is about $900 per year).  This includes everyone up to Director I/II

b. 85.3% of them make less than $2054 per year even if you only consider those who are serious about building a business.

c. 0.5% of them (or 4.5% of the serious business builders) make it to Senior Director and above.  This is the level needed to retire since it is average $62k per year (minus expenses).

d. less than 0.011% of them (or less than 0.1% of serious business builders) can be considered "rich"

Isn't it clear that only a FEW people are making money on Mela?  Isn't it clear that even of those who are making money, even fewer of them are going to make enough to retire? 

3. According to your profile, you are 21.  If it takes 9 years to make $400 per month to make enough for payments (not even to buy a new car), you are doing it wrong.  Minimum wage in Pennsylvania is $7.25 per hour.  If you wanted $400 a month, that is only 55 hours per month or less than 14 hours per week.  You can do that today... why wait until you're 30?  How many hours do you need to put in to make $400 a month on Mela AFTER your mandatory points spending?

Here's a fun fact, if you worked minimum wage for 1 hour per day for 9 years, you will have made almost $24000.  By the time you are 30, you will have made enough money to buy the car in cash.  Could you do that with Mela? 

FYI.  The hall mark brainwashing theme of MLMs is that
a. "they are not like other MLMs"
b. "you have to work hard"
c. "you won't get rich overnight"
d. "you failed because you didn't work hard."

But then they turn around and tell you that you'll retire by 30.  How stupid do you have to be to fall for this?

4./5.  Back to the products, I still haven't seen a price comparison.  You insisted earlier that Mela products were a good deal.

I might ignore the price aspect because some might be willing to pay more if there is a REAL health benefit.  But, I want some independent testing showing that the products are actually better.

Hearing how good the products are from the sales guy who makes a commission off the product doesn't really sell it for me.  It's a conflict of interest.  Regarding cleaners, you do know that there are home made solutions that are probably equally as effective (or close to) as store bought commercial stuff right?  IF you had such a bad health problem with those commercial cleaners, why didn't you just research how to clean stuff naturally?  It is MUCH cheaper that way too.

I will bet the following will be even healthier than Mela products.

MLMs work because people are gullible.   And since MLMs prey on gullible people to make money, they are evil.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2012 at 7:02am

1. It is 100% an MLM.  All MLMs try to represent themselves as something else.  I'll admit their model is slightly less evil since their payout structure is better than most other MLMs.  However, less evil is still evil.

2.  Making the financial outcome of a few at the top as a goal is exactly what Mela does.  Again, GO LOOK AT THE INCOME STATEMENT.  From their own income statement...

a. 98.4% of Mela customers/distributors/whatever you call them, makes less than $2054 per year BEFORE their mandatory points spending (which is about $900 per year).  This includes everyone up to Director I/II

b. 85.3% of them make less than $2054 per year even if you only consider those who are serious about building a business.

c. 0.5% of them (or 4.5% of the serious business builders) make it to Senior Director and above.  This is the level needed to retire since it is average $62k per year (minus expenses).

d. less than 0.011% of them (or less than 0.1% of serious business builders) can be considered "rich"

Isn't it clear that only a FEW people are making money on Mela?  Isn't it clear that even of those who are making money, even fewer of them are going to make enough to retire? 

3. According to your profile, you are 21.  If it takes 9 years to make $400 per month to make enough for payments (not even to buy a new car), you are doing it wrong.  Minimum wage in Pennsylvania is $7.25 per hour.  If you wanted $400 a month, that is only 55 hours per month or less than 14 hours per week.  You can do that today... why wait until you're 30?  How many hours do you need to put in to make $400 a month on Mela AFTER your mandatory points spending?

Here's a fun fact, if you worked minimum wage for 1 hour per day for 9 years, you will have made almost $24000.  By the time you are 30, you will have made enough money to buy the car in cash.  Could you do that with Mela? 

FYI.  The hall mark brainwashing theme of MLMs is that
a. "they are not like other MLMs"
b. "you have to work hard"
c. "you won't get rich overnight"
d. "you failed because you didn't work hard."

But then they turn around and tell you that you'll retire by 30.  How stupid do you have to be to fall for this?

4./5.  Back to the products, I still haven't seen a price comparison.  You insisted earlier that Mela products were a good deal.

I might ignore the price aspect because some might be willing to pay more if there is a REAL health benefit.  But, I want some independent testing showing that the products are actually better.

Hearing how good the products are from the sales guy who makes a commission off the product doesn't really sell it for me.  It's a conflict of interest.  Regarding cleaners, you do know that there are home made solutions that are probably equally as effective (or close to) as store bought commercial stuff right?  IF you had such a bad health problem with those commercial cleaners, why didn't you just research how to clean stuff naturally?  It is MUCH cheaper that way too.

I will bet the following will be even healthier than Mela products.

MLMs work because people are gullible.   And since MLMs prey on gullible people to make money, they are evil.
oh boy. time to correct a few things.
1. How can you say it is an MLM if you have researched it? call it what you want, MELALEUCA IS A CONSUMER DIRECT MARKETING COMPANY. just in case you don't know what that means. It is where the customer buys directly from the manufacturer! Misconception: because we have levels, that automatically makes us an MLM. WRONG! we merely get paid from levels.
2. the whole idea of Melaleuca is to buy the products. If you don't believe in the products, then the money isn't important. many people have said(and I feel this way too), "I would stay in Melaleuca for the products, even if there wasn't a financial benefit" (paraphrased)
Additionally, it isn't an 'expense' to buy these products. see, when people NEED something, they WILL afford it. I wish I could show you in person how Melaleuca has changed the game; the science behind their products, and why 95% of customers reorder. I know people who got burned by Amway. they'll tell you how expensive it was. 100 points=$200. around 30% reordered. OUCH! 
3. there are major contradictions in your third 'point?'. yes, I am 21. NO, it does not take 9 years to make $400 a month. once a Marketing Executive reaches Senior Director they will earn $400 from Melaleuca for a car payment, in addition to the money they will be already earning. In order to get to Senior Director, a Marketing Executive will need: 
20,000 organizational product points.
400 preferred customers in their entire organization. 
20 personal enrollees and 5 personally enrolled Directors.

While this is a significant amount of work, it shouldn't take more than 6 months-1year to achieve.
As far as how much time I've invested:1-2 hours per customer. so say I spent 2 hours per enrolled customer. that's 16 hours to get to Director for that $500 check. that;s $31.25 an hour.
As for the 'mandatory spending' comment, do you brush your teeth, wash, do your laundry and wash your dishes? oh, really? guess what, your the kind of person who has the qualifications for this company!
)(nfinit)( View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2012 at 7:58am
i assume you realize that at 1-2hrs per customer, 1 in 100 will actually sign up.  That's not a bad percentage, unless you look at the time required and the personal investment.  Cold calling, door to door, however you do it.  10% listen, then 10% of that buy in.  Or at least that was my experience in sales.  Different when you have a brick and mortar store as people are coming in to buy.

So if you look at your numbers, for every 200hrs 1 person will sign up.  That's 1600hrs to get to Director.  Or 3/4 of a year working 8hr days.  Or 31cents an hr.

I am sure you can do better than that, you seem excited about the start of your business.  But what people on here are trying to help you with is, don't put all your eggs in one basket, sort of speak.  If it's as simple as you say, get a job working 30-40hrs a week, then spend the other 20-30 building up your Melaleuca business until you can afford to quit your current job.

With the above kind of reasoning, no matter how you look at it you will be contributing to society.  
x_X
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2012 at 9:56am

1. How can you say it is an MLM if you have researched it? call it what you want, MELALEUCA IS A CONSUMER DIRECT MARKETING COMPANY. just in case you don't know what that means. It is where the customer buys directly from the manufacturer! Misconception: because we have levels, that automatically makes us an MLM. WRONG! we merely get paid from levels.
2. the whole idea of Melaleuca is to buy the products. If you don't believe in the products, then the money isn't important. many people have said(and I feel this way too), "I would stay in Melaleuca for the products, even if there wasn't a financial benefit" (paraphrased)
Additionally, it isn't an 'expense' to buy these products. see, when people NEED something, they WILL afford it. I wish I could show you in person how Melaleuca has changed the game; the science behind their products, and why 95% of customers reorder. I know people who got burned by Amway. they'll tell you how expensive it was. 100 points=$200. around 30% reordered. OUCH! 
3. there are major contradictions in your third 'point?'. yes, I am 21. NO, it does not take 9 years to make $400 a month. once a Marketing Executive reaches Senior Director they will earn $400 from Melaleuca for a car payment, in addition to the money they will be already earning. In order to get to Senior Director, a Marketing Executive will need: 

While this is a significant amount of work, it shouldn't take more than 6 months-1year to achieve.
As far as how much time I've invested:1-2 hours per customer. so say I spent 2 hours per enrolled customer. that's 16 hours to get to Director for that $500 check. that;s $31.25 an hour.
As for the 'mandatory spending' comment, do you brush your teeth, wash, do your laundry and wash your dishes? oh, really? guess what, your the kind of person who has the qualifications for this company!

Sorry, I'm not in the business of de-brainwashing.  You are too far gone.  

I can only hope you see the light sooner rather than later and don't condemn too many of your family and friends to this scam. 

The sad part is, you don't even know you are scamming your friends and family.  You honestly think this is good for them.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2012 at 5:26pm

I can only hope you see the light sooner rather than later and don't condemn too many of your family and friends to this scam. 

The sad part is, you don't even know you are scamming your friends and family.  You honestly think this is good for them.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but you couldn't be more wrong. (yeah, I know you were expecting yet another brainwashed reply, well, you got 1)
This company is different from other companies because we have CHANGED THE GAME in many ways, saving people money on products they already buy, while keeping their home safe, and themselves healthy. I challenge you to actually look up our company, before lumping Melaleuca in with MLM companies who tried but failed.(hence people don't stay)
Please hear me out, (it's the least I would do for you, even if I felt you were wrong too).
My parents tried Amway a few years ago, along with my Aunt and Uncle(who went all out). Both families were forced to buy 100 points ($200) of products that were ok...but not really worth the EXTRA money. standard products at higher prices. Melaleuca has 'changed the game in this aspect due to only mandating a 35 point order, costing $50-70 on better, consumable products that people need on a daily basis. 
WHAT IS TRUTH? or is it all subjective? I can tell you what I believe, and you can tell me I'm a fool, and what you believe... but what is the real deal? find out for yourself. don't be that person who throws uneducated/un-researched information at me. I am searching for truth. I don't want to look dumb for saying things that aren't true, like you accused me and my company.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2012 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by )(nfinit)(

i assume you realize that at 1-2hrs per customer, 1 in 100 will actually sign up.  That's not a bad percentage, unless you look at the time required and the personal investment.  Cold calling, door to door, however you do it.  10% listen, then 10% of that buy in.  Or at least that was my experience in sales.  Different when you have a brick and mortar store as people are coming in to buy.

So if you look at your numbers, for every 200hrs 1 person will sign up.  That's 1600hrs to get to Director.  Or 3/4 of a year working 8hr days.  Or 31cents an hr.

I am sure you can do better than that, you seem excited about the start of your business.  But what people on here are trying to help you with is, don't put all your eggs in one basket, sort of speak.  If it's as simple as you say, get a job working 30-40hrs a week, then spend the other 20-30 building up your Melaleuca business until you can afford to quit your current job.

With the above kind of reasoning, no matter how you look at it you will be contributing to society.  
Thank you for being honest with me. While I have had better success than what you mentioned above, I'm assuming that was your personal experience in sales. I guess that's how it goes sometimes. However, everybody I have presented Melaleuca to has seen the opportunity and has signed up! Big smile). 
However, I was a sales representative for Vector Marketing, selling Cutco knives. I didn't always make a sale. 75% would buy. both companies are the top of the line. 

I have just advanced to Director, earning a $500 check from Melaleuca) I have invested 4 casual months. In that time, I have realized that (like you said), I should also pursue a regular job, and contribute to society. I realize now that I can't support myself on my Melaleuca (residual) income (yet). 
Melaleuca wisely informs Marketing Executives not to "quite their jobs" until they are making 2-3 times their income. THANK YOU!
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2012 at 9:05pm

Such a drama queen. Whatever happened to "make sure you are doing what god wants you to do and not what the church wants you to do"?Confused
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 4:56am

Such a drama queen. Whatever happened to "make sure you are doing what god wants you to do and not what the church wants you to do"?Confused
Sgreen, I feel our friend couldn't handle the truth. I was glad that he actually researched into my company instead of just spamming me with false information(like everybody loves to do). however, he gave up. because the deeper you dig into the truth, the more likely you will 'want in'. Same goes for reading the Bible. Atheists have read the Bible to 'prove it wrong', but ended up seeing the truth and accepting Christ into their life.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 5:09am
My advice, get a college degree and a real job (you're 21, you could have completed a Bachelor's degree at age 22 if you started right out of high school).  Or learn a skilled trade.  Or join the Marines as God has been telling you to do.  Preying on your family and friends to buy Metamucil is a crappy way to make money.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 5:38am

I'm sorry you feel that way, but you couldn't be more wrong. (yeah, I know you were expecting yet another brainwashed reply, well, you got 1)
This company is different from other companies because we have CHANGED THE GAME in many ways, saving people money on products they already buy, while keeping their home safe, and themselves healthy. I challenge you to actually look up our company, before lumping Melaleuca in with MLM companies who tried but failed.(hence people don't stay)
Please hear me out, (it's the least I would do for you, even if I felt you were wrong too).
My parents tried Amway a few years ago, along with my Aunt and Uncle(who went all out). Both families were forced to buy 100 points ($200) of products that were ok...but not really worth the EXTRA money. standard products at higher prices. Melaleuca has 'changed the game in this aspect due to only mandating a 35 point order, costing $50-70 on better, consumable products that people need on a daily basis. 
WHAT IS TRUTH? or is it all subjective? I can tell you what I believe, and you can tell me I'm a fool, and what you believe... but what is the real deal? find out for yourself. don't be that person who throws uneducated/un-researched information at me. I am searching for truth. I don't want to look dumb for saying things that aren't true, like you accused me and my company.

You say Mela is not an MLM.  Then you compare it to Amway and the only difference (based on what YOU just said) is the amount of points you have to maintain.  You just admitted that Mela is an MLM but an easier to maintain one.  That is what you are saying.  

Secondly, I can't believe you are saying I've accused you and your company based on uneducated and un-researched information. 

I asked you for REAL comparisons between products via unbiased testing, asked you for ACTUAL price comparisons for the products based on volume, asked you for the chemical make up of the products. I've asked you for a REAL breakdown of costs/expenses vs what you make.  I got NOTHING from you except more useless propaganda about how great Mela's products are.

I've provided you with links to alternatives such as home made solutions that are all natural and much less expensive.  I've attempted to show the prices of competing commercial products and I've asked follow on questions about the size of the bottle, effectiveness, etc.  (with no response from you).  

I have presented statistics showing who is making money and who isn't.  I'm the one that pointed out the minimum mandatory spend.  I pointed out the enrollment fee.  I pointed out shipping costs.  Whereas you come on and make it sound like everyone is gonna make it rich (ie. you'll retire by 30 and laugh at me while making more money than me in a few months than I do in a year).

Who's the one actually searching for truth here?  Who's the one throwing around uneducated/un-researched information (eg. less than 0.01% will decide to build their business)?  

How can you tell me I've not done my research when I'm the only one putting up facts?  I could easily go your route and say my friend joined Mela and he has to give away all the crap he buys from them because he has to maintain 35pts and he doesn't use that much stuff.  Or about how he tried to cancel and they simply kept charging him and sending him product he didn't want because they make the cancellation process intentionally obfuscated.   Based on this, Mela is a bad company right?  Of course not.  Similarly they are not a good company just because you give me some story about not having to open windows when you clean.

Here's what you should have provided.  I googled price comparison and found Mela's own site comparing products.  

I looked at the comparisons that were CLEARLY represented by volume and not by dilution.
Gatorade
It says that the competitor price is from Albertsons.  I looked at Albertsons.  They are selling it for $0.88 per 32 fl. oz. bottle.  So 10 of them would be $8.80.  Mela's site lists it as $18.90!!  Why?  Compared to $10.99 for Mela's Sustain energy drink, that is $2.19 MORE.  Look at walmart.  8 pack of gatorade (20 fl. oz each) is $4.98.  So the equivalent 320 fl. oz is $9.96.  This is $1.03 less than Mela's Sustain. 

Loreal Shampoo
It says the price is from drugstore.com.  $5.99 on drugstore.com (it says it is on sale but honestly, no one pays full retail anyway).  Mela lists it for $6.99 (which is what the non-sale price is).  Looking at Walmart, this product is $5.67 at regular price.  Yeah, this is still more expensive and you get less than Mela's Afinia shampoo.  But, why is Mela comparing themselves with Loreal?  Again, looking at walmart, a 13oz bottle of sulfate free organic shampoo is only $4.74 compared to Mela's $4.99.  This is $0.25 more.

Any example on Mela's site will have an alternative at a cheaper price.  Think about it.  Walmart is the biggest retailer in the world.  Don't you think they will have the best buying power?  Don't you think the products at Mela will have a huge markup if they are paying their "distributors" 7% for 7 levels???  Use some reasoning and logic.

Don't accuse me of throwing around uneducated/un-researched information.  Look in the mirror.  

mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 5:45am

Sgreen, I feel our friend couldn't handle the truth. I was glad that he actually researched into my company instead of just spamming me with false information(like everybody loves to do). however, he gave up. because the deeper you dig into the truth, the more likely you will 'want in'. Same goes for reading the Bible. Atheists have read the Bible to 'prove it wrong', but ended up seeing the truth and accepting Christ into their life.

Weak minds think alike.  No question.
Just as you are blinded by religion, you are blinded by this scam. 
And I'm sure christians have never left the faith either.  

I'm still waiting for you to stop spamming false information and research your company.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 5:47am

My advice, get a college degree and a real job (you're 21, you could have completed a Bachelor's degree at age 22 if you started right out of high school).  Or learn a skilled trade.  Or join the Marines as God has been telling you to do.  Preying on your family and friends to buy Metamucil is a crappy way to make money.

seriously, go join the marines.  we could use more christians in the army.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 43>