Jesus Christ

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 3839404142 43>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jesus Christ
    Posted: May/25/2013 at 9:41am
Originally posted by robnezz23

haha found this this morning.  All in good fun.

Stuff Christians Say:

it doesn't work anymore, is there another link to the same video?
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2013 at 5:38am
Here's a link to a lecture John Lennox gave on the subject "Is God Relevant?". Some might find it helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uFyubUd464

God bless.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2013 at 8:27pm
Are there any new Christian movies out right now?

sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 9:00pm
Hey, Slider. You might want to try editing that last post. Big smile
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 7:43pm
What the heck happened to his post? It seems like he copy and pasted a programmers code, haha
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2013 at 9:36am
It looks like all the posts after snowboardslider is messed up now, what did he do?
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2013 at 4:55pm
"I used to be afraid of failing at something that really mattered to me, but now I'm more afraid of succeeding at things that don't matter." -- Bob Goff
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by sgreen

"I used to be afraid of failing at something that really mattered to me, but now I'm more afraid of succeeding at things that don't matter." -- Bob Goff

That's a good quote. We focus too much on things that don't really matter/important in life and that's what separates the type of people. Those who get things done and make a difference in this world are those that only focus on the important things in life and don't bother with the useless stuff. I'll be putting your quote on my Facebook soon :-)
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2013 at 8:10pm
Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.   Matthew 6:31-34
red_baron View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote red_baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2013 at 7:09am
My sister randomly got Spirit West Coast tickets over the weekend. My wife and I went with her and had such a great time. I was a trip to see Kevin Max singing for Audio Adrenaline. 
snowboardslider View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 10:42am
just got back from El Salvador on a missions trip. We shared Jesus Christ with a bunch of schools (which we were able to just go into), doing dramas and giving out candy/toys. 1 week of summer and $2000 well spent.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2013 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by snowboardslider

just got back from El Salvador on a missions trip. We shared Jesus Christ with a bunch of schools (which we were able to just go into), doing dramas and giving out candy/toys. 1 week of summer and $2000 well spent.
In your dramas, how did you all present Christ to the El Salvadoran kids? What illustrations, etc? How much education were you all given on their culture, in order to be able to relate the Gospel to them?
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2013 at 6:32pm
This seemed like a good story to share:
www.gfa.org/news/articles/a-life-dedicated-to-sorcery
red_baron View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote red_baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2013 at 9:25am
THe spiritual realm that we rarely see in the West blows my mind
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2013 at 7:38pm
hello all. just wanted to share what God's doing in my life lately.
I'm reading a book called 'The Circle Maker' with a small group which talks about drawing circles around your biggest fears and your greatest dreams. God has used the book to challenge my belief in Him. as a direct result of praying for the next big step, He opened the door for me to go to Colorado for the winter. I'll be staying with a family friend, who will help me get a job at the mountain he works. he's a top level ski instructor.
this fulfills a goal I had in life that I thought would merely remain as a dream: to work at what I love... snowboarding! God is so0o0o0 good!
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2013 at 3:22am
Here's an article some might find interesting...
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/national_world&id=9323241

And...
One day a lady criticized D. L. Moody for his methods of evangelism in attempting to win people to the Lord. Moody’s reply was "I agree with you. I don’t like the way I do it either. Tell me, how do you do it?" The lady replied, "I don’t do it." Moody retorted, "Then I like my way of doing it better than your way of not doing it."

Contributed by: David Yarbrough
Source: James S. Hewett, Illustrations Unlimited (Wheaton: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc, 1988) p. 178.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2013 at 7:34pm
From Charles Spurgeon-
‘The punishment of thine iniquity is accomplished, O daughter of Zion.’ Lamentations 4:22

In the case of the kingdom of Judah, the people had suffered so much in their captivity that their God, who in his anger had put them from him, considered that they had suffered enough; ‘For she hath received of the Lord’s hand,’ said the prophet Isaiah, ‘double for all her sins.’ Brethren, in our case we have not been punished at all, for the punishment of our iniquity is accomplished. Remember that sin must be punished. Any theology which offers the pardon of sin without a punishment, ignores part of the character of God. God is love, but God is also just, as severely just as if he had no love, and yet as intensely loving as if he had no justice. To gain a just view of the character of God you must perceive all his attributes as infinitely developed; justice must have its infinity acknowledged as much as mercy. This is the voice which thunders from the midst of the smoke and the fire of Sinai—‘The soul that sinneth it shall die.’ ‘Sin must be punished’ is written on the base of the eternal throne in letters of fire; and as the damned in hell behold it, their hopes are burned to ashes. Sin must be punished, or God must cease to be. The testimony of the gospel is not that the punishment has been mitigated or foregone, or that justice has had a sop given it to close its mouth. The consolation is far more sure and effectual. Christ has for his people borne all the punishment which they deserved; and now every soul for whom Christ died may read with exultation, ‘The punishment of her iniquity is accomplished.’
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2013 at 7:14pm
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1:1-2
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2013 at 9:28am
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.   Psalm 100:4-5

Hope y'all are having a great day.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2013 at 11:52am
Anyone seen the new Hunger Games movie or The Ender's Game? I haven't, but here are links to a couple of articles that discuss elements of Biblical stories found in those movies:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/the-hunger-games-catching-fire-reminiscent-of-early-church-martyrs-christian-reviewers-say-109533/

http://www.christianpost.com/news/does-enders-game-tell-the-bible-story-of-joseph-108328/
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2013 at 9:38pm
Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving.
"Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people." 1 Chronicles 16:8
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2013 at 6:57pm
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."   John 14:6

Just watched "Last Ounce Of Courage". I liked it and recommend it to anyone looking for a Christian/inspirational movie. I liked "Courageous", too.
ABrad25 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Play hard or look good

Quote ABrad25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2013 at 11:52pm
"And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone." 1 Thessalonians 5:14
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2013 at 7:25am
Originally posted by ABrad25

"And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone." 1 Thessalonians 5:14
wow dude, what a powerful verse! all very hard things to do on our own strength. Finally, I've come to rest in Jesus, and acknowledge His authority in my life. with Him all things are possible, even this verse.
Daveongo View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Daveongo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2013 at 1:20pm
Sometimes when I'm driving I just close my eyes and let Jesus take the wheel
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2013 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Daveongo

I hope you know that it is a metaphor. Haha please don't close your eyes while driving.   
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2013 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Daveongo

Sometimes when I'm snowboarding in the trees I just close my eyes and let Jesus pick my line. Big smile Sorry, just being a nerd. Is that really a metaphor? If so, what does it mean? I'm not familiar with that one.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2013 at 9:03pm
"...and I would argue that the absence of God would be more likely to give us Gulag and Auschwitz than it is to give us enlightenment."  Dennis Prager, in his radio interview/debate with Sam Harris. Here's the link to the first of the four segments of their dialogue on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_ijvAuq3_Q
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2013 at 8:55am
^ or the crusades and the Spanish inquisition.. but... you know... what ev's. 
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2013 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by JDiggidy

What are you saying? That the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition are the result of the absence of God? (I would agree with that) Or did you have another point to your comment?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2013 at 10:23pm

Originally posted by JDiggidy

What are you saying? That the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition are the result of the absence of God? (I would agree with that) Or did you have another point to your comment?
please do clarify. how you worded your post makes it look like you understand those events were not righteous, and Christians should not be made to look like it was.
JoeyGlazer View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2013 at 7:05am
Yeah because the Crusades were righteous.  Stamp out those other religions!!!!
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2013 at 9:02pm

please do clarify. how you worded your post makes it look like you understand those events were not righteous, and Christians should not be made to look like it was.
I am saying that the Crusades and the Inquisition were not righteous. They were atrocities. My agreement was with the idea that they came about as a result of men turning away from the teachings of Christ. These are events that have brought shame upon the name of Christ and the Christian religion and have given ammunition to the enemies of religion in general and Christianity specifically. You cannot find any biblical justification for these atrocities or the killing of an abortion doctor or the burning of a Koran or the protesting of the funerals of soldiers slain while defending our freedoms or fighting for the freedom of a foreign people, etc. I don't know what the justification for those acts were, but had those that committed those acts committed themselves instead to the keeping of the Ten Commandments, the Beatitudes (just for starters) and the imitation of Christ, they would have mourned such acts; loved their neighbor as themselves; demonstrated meekness,kindness and humility, etc.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2013 at 4:49pm
I am saying that the Crusades and the Inquisition were not righteous. They were atrocities. My agreement was with the idea that they came about as a result of men turning away from the teachings of Christ. These are events that have brought shame upon the name of Christ and the Christian religion and have given ammunition to the enemies of religion in general and Christianity specifically. You cannot find any biblical justification for these atrocities or the killing of an abortion doctor or the burning of a Koran or the protesting of the funerals of soldiers slain while defending our freedoms or fighting for the freedom of a foreign people, etc. I don't know what the justification for those acts were, but had those that committed those acts committed themselves instead to the keeping of the Ten Commandments, the Beatitudes (just for starters) and the imitation of Christ, they would have mourned such acts; loved their neighbor as themselves; demonstrated meekness,kindness and humility, etc.
[/QUOTE]wow, well said. I'm watching a video documentary highlighting the truth of our Christian Heritage. Daniel Webster and John Adams are shown for who they really were, and impact they had in that time.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2013 at 8:06pm

... wow, well said. I'm watching a video documentary highlighting the truth of our Christian Heritage. Daniel Webster and John Adams are shown for who they really were, and impact they had in that time.
Is it the documentary "Monumental"?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2013 at 2:39pm

... wow, well said. I'm watching a video documentary highlighting the truth of our Christian Heritage. Daniel Webster and John Adams are shown for who they really were, and impact they had in that time.
Is the documentary "Monumental"?
no, it's called 'the American Heritage series'
elmasri90 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote elmasri90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2013 at 5:18pm
Anyone here read the book "Zealot"? It's about Jesus, but from an academic perspective.
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2013 at 9:16pm

David Barton. Good stuff. I have a couple of his series. I thought the one about early public education was very interesting. It was also interesting to find out how many of the Founding Fathers had divinity degrees.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2013 at 2:15pm

David Barton. Good stuff. I have a couple of his series. I thought the one about early public education was very interesting. It was also interesting to find out how many of the Founding Fathers had divinity degrees.
for sure. if only the truth could be taught in public schools. that would bring about change.
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2013 at 7:28am
While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them. Luke 2 6-7
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2013 at 12:19pm
Merry Christmas and God bless everyone!!
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2013 at 12:44pm
The Christmas traditions are great, but don't forget the real reason we celebrate Christmas. God bless you guys and have a great Christmas :)
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2013 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by humblerooster

The Christmas traditions are great, but don't forget the real reason we celebrate Christmas. God bless you guys and have a great Christmas :)
yessir. our family paused from the craziness for about an hour to reflect on what you commented before opening gifts.
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/25/2013 at 7:39am
This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
– Luke 2:12-14 (NIV)
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2013 at 7:39pm
I thought this article was interesting:

http://onenewsnow.com/politics-govt/2013/12/26/hhs-floats-plan-man-plus-your-tax-dollars-plus-surgery-government-subsidized-woman#.UrzzBvu40lk

The author's contention (federal funding of 'gender reassignment') didn't interest me as much as the question of what the widespread legitimization of gender reassignment might mean for our society.
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2013 at 7:57pm
"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."
—Luke 2:14
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2013 at 11:20pm
Here's a source for quotes from Alexis de Tocqueville some might find interesting:

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/465.Alexis_de_Tocqueville
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2013 at 7:55pm
The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.
—Luke 2:20
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2013 at 6:26am
No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.
—John 1:18
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2013 at 1:03pm
‘I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.’ Revelation 22:13-
   Our Lord should be the Alpha and Omega of our life’s end and aim. What is there worth living for but Christ? What is there in the whole earth that is worth a thought but Jesus? Well did an old writer say, ‘If God be the only Eternal, then all the rest is but a puff of smoke, and shall I live to heap up puffs of smoke, and shall I toil and strive merely to aggrandise myself with smoky treasures that the wind of death shall dissipate for ever?’ No, beloved, let us live for eternal things, and what is there of eternal things that can be chosen but our Lord? O let us give him next year the Alpha of our labour. Let us begin the year by working in his vineyard, toiling in his harvest field. This year is almost over. There is another day or two left—let us serve him till the year is ended, going forward with double haste because the days are now so few. Lord, ‘teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.’ Let your time and your talents, your substance and your energies, all be given to my Master, who is worthy to be your soul’s Alpha and Omega. Jesus crucified should also be the Alpha and Omega of all our preaching and teaching. ...

Charles Spurgeon, 12/27/1863
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 43>