Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 5>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Online Status: Offline
  Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Utah resorts thread
    Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 9:52am
I'm going to UT in February for sure!  Pow Mow for me.  My 3rd trip there but it'll be the little ladies first experience in a snow cat.  I'm praying for a powder run down lightning ridge.  that would be sooooo awesome!  
-zakk

UTEXASS View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote UTEXASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 10:04am
I have my season passes at PCMR and Powmow if anyone wants to ride.
CHEAP CUSTOM DIECUTS ( STICKERS ) - HIT THAT PM
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote not-ewrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 10:05am
I don't care who is open.   Preseason is almost better than when they are open.  It's a better environment to get tricks dialed.   I'll be up saturday and sunday if everything is legit.   
My internet driving abilities are > YORE internet driving abilities.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 10:21am
Originally posted by not-ewrx

I don't care who is open.   Preseason is almost better than when they are open.  It's a better environment to get tricks dialed.   I'll be up saturday and sunday if everything is legit.   

Head up to brighton they are setting up a bunch of jibs at the bottom of the mountain plus there is already a few good jumps built
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote not-ewrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 10:27am
Originally posted by robsta

Head up to brighton they are setting up a bunch of jibs at the bottom of the mountain plus there is already a few good jumps built

I know I was up there on Wend.  Wink 
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 10:35am
Where is that? I was also up there on wed and didn't see any jibs. We were under majestic chairlift like the whole time. Candyland?
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2010 at 2:19pm
SNOW in the forecast. 14 to 26 inches through tuesday night in the cottonwood canyons. Brighton will likely open next weekend
irishdave View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote irishdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2010 at 2:32pm
I am heading to Park City in Feb from Australia. What sort of conditions should I be ready for.

Cheers
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote not-ewrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2010 at 2:34pm
I was up at brighton today.  It's still pretty fun.  Got worked on a rail trying a back 180 on. 
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2010 at 7:11pm
@irishdave
If it's early february the conditions should be amazing later it might be a little slushy depending on what resort you go to. Park City Mountain resort is a sun facing slope so it gets icy and slushy at times. The canyons is a top ten transworld snowboarding park I believe. PC mountain resort and the canyons are my recommendations. Also stop by brighton and do some jibbing with me

@not-ewrx
yeah i was up there on friday night. Snow was melted quite a bit but the conditions were still pretty good. I'll be up there tomorrow night also, I hope they don't take the mini park down.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2010 at 1:14pm
BRIGHTON OPENS TOMORROW
tedkunkel View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote tedkunkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2010 at 1:19pm
Snowbird now opening Saturday 11/13!!  Big smileBig smile
Ted
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote not-ewrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2010 at 1:25pm
I'll be a Brighton tomorrow and snowbird on saturday:) 
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2010 at 1:33pm
YEAAAAH I am soo happy. I didn't know snowbird was opening this weekend also. I have a night pass to brighton so I wont be goin there til december most likely but I'll be at snowbird on saturday!!! Now i Just need to find another board
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote not-ewrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2010 at 1:38pm
What kind of board. 
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2010 at 3:57pm
all mountain something good for carving steeps at snowbird.
The birds website says that the tram chickadee and gadzoom will be open. So does that mean that chairlift season pass holders will be able to use the tram? That's what they did last spring..
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote not-ewrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2010 at 5:56pm
Rule of thumb.  If you can't get to the top on the chairs, you can use the tram.  That means if Puruvian isn't open then it's game.  Looking ligit will also get you onWink
Ginger View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2010 at 6:01pm
my buds going up 2 brighton.. I wish i could. Going saturday
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2010 at 7:54pm
haha thanks for the advice ewrx
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote not-ewrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2010 at 9:26am
Brighton was crushing today.  So much fun.  Felt good to get some pow slashes done. 
DoraDoraDora View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote DoraDoraDora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2010 at 7:51pm
wanted to skip work and go to brighton so badly today... Probably be goin this weekend
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Quote AyChan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2010 at 8:24pm
everyone wants to skip work to board.. damn we should start a hookie club
PeterHuh View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote PeterHuh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2010 at 6:25am
I heard Utah resort is very good.
It has good dry powder and good extream park.
ianbejamin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ianbejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2010 at 6:35am
dude there are seriously like 100 resorts in utah. I'm thinking about moving there just cause. And i'm not even mormon!
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2010 at 11:22am
hahaha ianbejamin dude less than half of utah is mormon. It's all good it's not like mormons bite
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2010 at 12:14pm
Mike4snow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
A picture I drew....for snow. heh heh

Quote Mike4snow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2010 at 12:22pm
The first time I ever snowboarded was at Powder Mountain in Utah and I have been hooked since. Maybe it was the perfect powder conditions. Maybe it was the great K2 rental board I had. Maybe it was the well groomed, wide-open terrain. Maybe it was the combination of all goodness mentioned above plus the brand new experience of flying on snow! Utah rules.
Grinch View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Grinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2010 at 1:14pm
I wanna got to Brighton and PArk City so bad.
SirGounder View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SirGounder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2010 at 3:16pm
Anybody ever go to Brian Head?  I was thinking of making a trip there this year because it's only 3 hrs from Vegas.  Are there any other resorts in southern Utah worth going to?
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2010 at 10:57am
Just got back from snowbird it was way fun but not typical utah powder today, way heavy snow.
brent2131 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote brent2131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2010 at 12:07pm
utah has super sick snow powmow
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2010 at 9:42am
From what I hear Brian Head is the only decent resort in southern utah. I have never been but their website makes it sound like a pretty awesome resort. 400 inches a year of snow and 4 terrein parks.
rishihb View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote rishihb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2010 at 11:20am
I was planning on making my first Utah trip this year, and I wanted to go to one of the Park city resorts. Is it true one of their (best?) resorts is exclusive to only skiers?
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2010 at 1:00pm
Well Deer Valley and Alta are skier only resorts but neither one of them are great resorts. Alta is basically the same thing as snowbird but half as big and Deer valley is just crap. Do you plan on visiting one of these resorts?
dirtysouth View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2010 at 1:27pm
I need to pick up my pass ASAP!
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2010 at 1:33pm
park city in two days! so pumped. who's going?
brent2131 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote brent2131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2010 at 3:56pm
cant wait till powmow opens!!!
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2010 at 12:36pm
Snowbirds forcast
Tonight: Snow likely after 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Windy, with a southwest wind between 31 and 34 mph, with gusts as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow. Steady temperature around 31. Windy, with a southwest wind 33 to 36 mph increasing to between 41 and 44 mph. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow. Low around 16. Windy, with a west wind 37 to 40 mph decreasing to between 26 and 29 mph. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Sunday: Snow. High near 23. Wind chill values as low as -5. Windy, with a south southwest wind 22 to 25 mph increasing to between 31 and 34 mph. Winds could gust as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

Sunday Night: Snow. Low around 9. Windy, with a southwest wind between 26 and 31 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Brighton forecast
Tonight: Snow likely after 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 33. Windy, with a southwest wind between 29 and 36 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow. High near 36. Windy, with a southwest wind between 32 and 41 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow. Low around 20. Windy, with a south southwest wind 35 to 38 mph becoming west southwest 23 to 26 mph. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

Sunday: Snow. High near 24. Wind chill values as low as -1. Windy, with a west wind 21 to 30 mph becoming south. Winds could gust as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Sunday Night: Snow. Low around 12. Breezy, with a southwest wind between 25 and 29 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2010 at 12:47pm
How much does a PC day pass cost?
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2010 at 12:36pm
Snowbird is going to be so sick tomorrow. 17 inches so far with about 17 more to come
Sleepy31 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Sleepy31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2010 at 8:59am
i got a trip planned for next march... cant wait! 
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2010 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Sleepy31

i got a trip planned for next march... cant wait! 

What resorts do you plan on visiting?
Hey can someone put this thread in the region of the rockies? It's in west coast right now
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2010 at 5:43am
I'm heading to SLC in late January.  Thinking Brighton and PC and maybe one more.  What other spot should I hit?
Kighted View Drop Down
Local
Local
Riden'

Quote Kighted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2010 at 6:23am
I was thinking of going to Utah for a trip, but i have never been there. I want the opinions of people who have been there on what mountains to go to, also where a good place to stay would be?

remember i want to have a good trip without breaking the bank!

thanks a lot!
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2010 at 6:25am

I always dug Brighton when I lived there.  It helped that it was 15 minutes from my house.  I miss that drive, it takes around 1-1.5 hours now Cry

I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2010 at 10:12pm
@grapeape
It depends what you like to do. If you like park I would go with the canyons as another option. If it's all mountain Snowbird or powmow

@Kighted
Where to stay I have no idea because I live here and just drive from my house but I can help you on where to ride for cheap.
If you are looking to save money brighton has some of the best deals anywhere. They do a quad Wednesday deal which will get you an all day lift ticket if you donate to one of their drives for $20. Night riding from 4-9 is always $32. But you can get a 2 for 1 night pass on wednesday nights if you buy an artic circle combo meal. So that's 5 hours of riding for $16. I believe there is also some other kind of deal for a 2 for 1 pass on friday nights. Just about every other pass you will buy in utah will be over $60 bucks. I would say the average lift ticket costs about $70. So those brighton deals are definitely worth using.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 6:55am
Snowbirds snowcam BURIED

29 inches of new snow and possibly 20+ inches more to come. WOOT
Cottonwood canyon is closed
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote not-ewrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 7:08am
Might open at noon.  I'm crossing my fingers.  
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 7:28am
Pow Mow obviously didn't get as much as the Bird, but you can get up there. 15" overnight 27" last 46 hrs.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 8:48am
NOOOO 1PM?? Those people stuck up there are stealin all the new snow!!!
I hope they don't open anything else until tomorrow
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>