Utah resorts thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote not-ewrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Utah resorts thread
    Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 8:53am
I'm calling the hotline tons. LOL
My internet driving abilities are > YORE internet driving abilities.
Ginger View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 9:12am
I hope brighton can move all the new snow for tomorrows night boarding.. I wanna hit rails again so bad. :(
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2010 at 9:39am
Up to 59 inches through friday night at both Brighton and Snowbird. Yeah that's 5 feet.
ezbrighton View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote ezbrighton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2011 at 6:29pm
no place in the world compares to the utah fluff. by the time you finish your line, you will still have another 25 to go
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2011 at 6:18am
are lift tickets in utah only for one single mountain or can you use multiple mountains with a multiday pass? like the vail resorts pass you can use at vail/breck/keystone/beaver...
CO_champagne View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CO_champagne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2011 at 6:35am
^^  You can get a "super pass" that goes to Alta, Brighton, Snowbird, or Solitude.

http://www.visitsaltlake.com/ski/ski_deals_2/?utm_source=skicoupons&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=LOS
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2011 at 6:46am
thanks, dude.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2011 at 1:34pm
Missing riding the pow. It's been almost 2 weeks since a big storm hit
EndUser View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote EndUser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2011 at 5:30am
Are they forecasting another dump anytime soon?
adeodadus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Undaunted

Quote adeodadus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2011 at 10:56am
Anyone going to Snowbasin for the Dew Tour
Fear is the Mind Killer
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2011 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by adeodadus

Anyone going to Snowbasin for the Dew Tour

I'm thinking about going to the snowboard slopestyle final but it's kind of a long drive so I haven't made up my mind yet. How much do tickets cost?
adeodadus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Undaunted

Quote adeodadus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2011 at 2:14pm
I think its FREE : pretty sure about that..  just waiting for the schedule of events for each day
Fear is the Mind Killer
kbhawklet21 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote kbhawklet21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2011 at 11:18am
Wow that looks nuts. Hopefully i can get out there!
lienair View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote lienair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 3:21am
If I go out to ride Snowbird is it better to stay in Sandy or downtown SLC? I know I can get the bus from either but where will it be easier to get around and go out without a car at night. Also what is there to do/ where can you go at night, in those areas?

iamc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 4:48am
I will be making my first trip out to Utah in a few weeks, it's going to be a blast.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2011 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by lienair

If I go out to ride Snowbird is it better to stay in Sandy or downtown SLC? I know I can get the bus from either but where will it be easier to get around and go out without a car at night. Also what is there to do/ where can you go at night, in those areas?

If your lookin for nightlife Downtown SLC would be much better but you can take the bus then trax from sandy to downtown Salt Lake. Sandy is a lot closer to snowbird, it will take you 20 more minutes to get to snowbird from salt lake. There's a decent amount of stuff to do in both places. Sandy has the south town mall and jordan commons. SLC has the gateway and a whole lot of stuff you can do. If you wan't I can prolly hook you up with some discount night passes at brighton?(4-9pm)
lienair View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote lienair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2011 at 4:09am
hanks!
I went with downtown just seems like I'd have more options for off slope  activities. I might catch a hockey game one night since the local team is playing this weekend so that would be easier from in the city. I appreciate the offer on the Brighton pass but I'm getting the Utah super pass to save some on all the days. I'm getting in thursday night, looks like I am timing it right for some fresh pow. 
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2011 at 4:20pm

I have heard Snowbird is pretty secluded and you gotta stay right at the base.  Do you think that's true?  Also, do you think the tram pass is necessary or just the lift tix?
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2011 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by carebear

I have heard Snowbird is pretty secluded and you gotta stay right at the base.  Do you think that's true?  Also, do you think the tram pass is necessary or just the lift tix?

Snowbird is one of the best resorts I've ever ridden, and you should def ride the Tram

-b
get bent
tranner View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tranner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2011 at 5:59am
I have stayed in Downtown SLC and Park City.  Personally, Downtown SLC is about as boring of a "big" city as I have ever visited.  The advantage of staying in SLC is ease of driving to all of the different resort areas (Cottonwood Canyons, Powder Mtn, Snowbasin, Park City, etc.) which I did during my visit last winter.  If you are looking for nightlife and a resort town feel then you should consider staying in Park City.
powpowpirate View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
cheeky

Quote powpowpirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2011 at 6:01am
more storms are lining up between JaPOW and here... just got my new pow stick. I'm ready.
tranner View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tranner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2011 at 6:01am
Almost forgot, I have also stayed in the Lodge at Snowbird and don't feel that it is necessary to stay slopeside there given the high cost and also how quickly you can get there from SLC or Sandy.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2011 at 11:41am
2-4 feet of snow headed to the wasatch front through friday night
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CO_champagne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2011 at 12:56pm
I'm headed to Salt Lake right now. Hitting up Snowbird, Brighton, and Solitude. Any hints on powder stashes?
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2011 at 9:43pm
Doesn't matter where you go tomorrow there will be deep pow everywhere.
tranner View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tranner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 9:13am
Visiting the Park City area in 10 days from now.  Going to fly in to SLC and rent a car.  Anyone have any tips on renting at the airport?  I'd like a mid sized SUV but Expedia is showing that the lowest price available is around $65/day.  Anyone who has experience renting from SLC airport have a preference on rental company or tips on how to upgrade?
adeodadus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Undaunted

Quote adeodadus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 2:43pm
If you are staying in SLC and willing to rent from the city, the rates are usually better.  There is a free shuttle into the city from the airport.  Do a Orbitz search for SLC locations.
Fear is the Mind Killer
tranner View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tranner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2011 at 5:39am
Our place is actually in Park City so I was hoping for some suggestions in the airport terminal.  At this point, it's either pay for the shuttle which is $75/person or rent a car at a max of $50/day which would work out close to the same price.  The only catch is that I need at least a medium sized SUV to fit everyone in my group including luggage.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CO_champagne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 10:39am
I just finished a 5 night, 4 ride day trip to SLC.  Hit up Snowbird twice, Solitude, and Brighton.  Crazy good snow to be had all 4 days.  I got a little jealous of skiers being more able to make the long traverse at Road to Provo and Honeycomb Canyon.  The snow was too soft for me to walk or skate so I had to drop in early.  Should I have gone to Park City instead?
return2heaven View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote return2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 10:46am
i was at the canyons this past week and it was really really good. so good that i didnt even make it over to park city.
tranner View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tranner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by CO_champagne

I just finished a 5 night, 4 ride day trip to SLC.  Hit up Snowbird twice, Solitude, and Brighton.  Crazy good snow to be had all 4 days.  I got a little jealous of skiers being more able to make the long traverse at Road to Provo and Honeycomb Canyon.  The snow was too soft for me to walk or skate so I had to drop in early.  Should I have gone to Park City instead?
I'm sure you did just fine at Snowbird, Solitude and Brighton.  Personally, if I am in Park City, I will ride at Canyons before PCMR.
tranner View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tranner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2011 at 6:11am
I'll be in Utah this coming weekend and expect to ride Friday & Saturday.  Weather reports are all over the board with Yahoo claiming possible rain/snow and snowforecast claiming 20 to 40% of snow in the PC area.  Just curious, but if it is warmer and borderline rain/snow, is there a resort that has better odds of picking up snow rather than rain?  Particularly, can the Cottonwood Canyons pick up snow while the PC area receives rain?

ddeloplaine View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ddeloplaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2011 at 3:05am

Do any of you Utah guys ever rely on this website for weather forecasts?  If so, how accurate is it compared to the weather.com?    They are 10 degree temp difference from each other.   I'll be making my first trip to Utah March 24-29 and I will be obssessed with checking the weather forecast for the next few weeks.   I'm hoping for colder temps with some snow, instead of the warmer temps and rain. 
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2011 at 6:47am
Originally posted by tranner

I'll be in Utah this coming weekend and expect to ride Friday & Saturday. Weather reports are all over the board with Yahoo claiming possible rain/snow and snowforecast claiming 20 to 40% of snow in the PC area. Just curious, but if it is warmer and borderline rain/snow, is there a resort that has better odds of picking up snow rather than rain? Particularly, can the Cottonwood Canyons pick up snow while the PC area receives rain?

The cottonwood canyons are much more likely to pick up snow because the elevations are higher and so it's colder. If you go to brighton or snowbird I can pretty much gaurantee it won't rain.
click here for snowbirds forecast
click here for Brightons forecast
If you are looking for freestyle terrein like kickers and rails go to brighton. You will need to buy a peeps pass which is like 15 bucks to get access to the kickers at brighton. Snowbird is a big mountain resort with steep runs I mainly only go to snowbird on pow days
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2011 at 6:55am
Originally posted by ddeloplaine

http://www.utahskiweather.com/forecast

Do any of you Utah guys ever rely on this website for weather forecasts? If so, how accurate is it compared to the weather.com?    They are 10 degree temp difference from each other.   I'll be making my first trip to Utah March 24-29 and I will be obssessed with checking the weather forecast for the next few weeks.   I'm hoping for colder temps with some snow, instead of the warmer temps and rain.

I wouldn't trust that link. It's not showing the same conditions the resorts have on their websites. Go to individual resort websites for the most accurate weather when you get here. Just curious what part of utah are you planning on visiting?
ddeloplaine View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ddeloplaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2011 at 7:39am

I'm going to be in Layton from Thurs 3/24- Tues 3/29 visiting my brother-in-law and his family.  I plan on only riding 2 of the 5 days and it all depends on the weather which days and mountains I'll be riding.  

tranner View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tranner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2011 at 5:58am
I'm leaving in a few hours.  Canyons tomorrow and then not sure if we go to Brighton or Snowbird on Saturday.  Depends on the weather.
powpowpirate View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
cheeky

Quote powpowpirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2011 at 1:25pm
I'll be at Canyons all weekend... per usual
TGozdor View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote TGozdor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2011 at 1:41pm
I want to go back to utah sooo badly
tranner View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tranner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2011 at 7:28pm
It was a very warm weekend in Park City  
Tbone666 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Tbone666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2011 at 8:23pm
I just got back from a conference at Snowbird.  Utah is the shiznit!  From what I experienced, Snowbird is indeed pricey, if you decide to stay there.  It is higher and colder than Park City and seemed to get a lot more snow.  The terrain seems a lot more challenging to me.  If you stay in SLC or Sandy, it is close to Snowbird, but still just 45-60 minutes from Park City; you can check out several resorts and decide which one(s) you like best next time you ride in Utah.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2011 at 1:44pm
It has been snowing so much lately. If this keeps up we might have another July closing at snowbird. Cross your fingers
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2011 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by robsta

It has been snowing so much lately. If this keeps up we might have another July closing at snowbird. Cross your fingers

has that seriously happened before? i've only lived in utah for a few years, that just seems crazy.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2011 at 9:56am
Ya it happened a like 4 or 5 years back. Last year snowbird was open until like june 24th.
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote not-ewrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2011 at 10:04am
I was there on like June 5th of last year and there was like 6" of fresh snow at the top.  Along with streams and water falls on the runs.  It was like some type of dreamland.  
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 5:17pm
I have some pics of the closing weekend last year at the bird. Rivers and all. It was pretty sweet to be snowboarding for almost the first 2 months of summer break.

Brighton says it's closing april 28th and night boarding is closing april 9th.
Snowbird is aiming for memorial day weekend.(may 30th)
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote not-ewrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 5:19pm
I went night boarding tonight at brighton.  It was sick in the places that weren't icy. 
cyrus10101 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote cyrus10101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2011 at 3:14pm
Anybody head up today? We got a decent amount in the valley. But yeah, with the exception of the bird, most resorts are closing at the end of the month :)
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2011 at 10:14am
17-26 inches headed to the cottonwood canyons. WOO keep it up!
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2011 at 6:22pm
33 inches in the last 2 days another foot coming over night to snowbird. Brighton night season is over
The fox 13 weather guy predicted an easy july 4th closing at snowbird. 178 inch depth will do that
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>