Everything about ps3

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 4>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
russradio View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote russradio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Everything about ps3
    Posted: Oct/08/2010 at 4:56pm
You guys can talk about ps3, your opinions on everything about it! I mean i think its better than the 360...
elmers_cow View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote elmers_cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2010 at 5:20pm
I got a ps3 for all the Jrpgs. I can't get enough of them! just downloaded ff9 and have been pretty addicted. Next game will probably be star ocean international version (only for ps3 i think)
let it snow
ddomski View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ddomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2010 at 8:35pm
how is the bluray player on it?  I was thinking of getting it mostly for bluray.
Gnu B Pro 152 BTX w/ Union Milan bindings
rook View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2010 at 8:48pm
^^^ best bang for your blueray buck....... Thats the only reason I have one.  
started by flossers making floss for flossers
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Quote AyChan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2010 at 8:49pm
works like any other blue ray player.. it also plays video games hahaha
Magicweed3 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote Magicweed3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2010 at 1:28am
The PS3:
Still one of the best Blu Ray players out there (received a firmware update so it now plays 3D Media as well)
Online access is free vs. paying a monthly fee
The game lineup includes all major video game releases (except Halo, Gears of War, etc.) plus awesome exclusives (Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, God of War, Killzone, etc)
We could talk about media center stuff, built in card readers, easily upgradeable hard drives, built in wireless, and a bunch of other stuff.
kellow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2010 at 2:39am
I've recently got one as a gift, I first thought I was going to play gta IV but I am actually playing fifa online with friends back home! the netflix application is also awesome! I know wii also has these features, but for me, what distinguishes the ps3 from wii (among a bunch of other features) is that on the ps3, the power supply for the controllers comes from a usb port, and not from batteries like the controllers of the wii system. there are other accessories that require batteries and that makes the wii a bit of an environmental disaster!
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2010 at 3:01am
did anyone try the usb hack/mod yet? saw it on sale for 30$. but l heard that sony makes the system auto update every so often to counter the usb? Can someone confirm/unconfirm it
bleaknight View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bleaknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2010 at 3:08am
im pretty interested in hacking my ps3, but it involves some hardcore usb developing platform crap thats pretty hard to find, but some guys were able to hack their ps3s with some nokia n900 and a calculator. I guess its only a matter of time until its easily jailbroken
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2010 at 4:19am
what you mean? l thought you just stick in the usb and your set? l found it on sale on dealextreme and meritline if your interested
little_chris View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote little_chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2010 at 4:25am
we've got a xbox 360 & a PS3.
i dont think we've used the 360 for about 1 year now.
PS3 all the way!
blu ray player on it is pretty awesome too.
loads up movies pretty much straight away.
our stand alone blu ray player takes about 1 min...
Charb View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Charb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2010 at 4:49am
i got both and i love them both. i use the PS3 more however.
motoxninja80 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2010 at 5:30am
Ps3 is Amazing. I have had mine for 4 years and had no problems with it, Best system out there by far. I hear the internet on 360 is better, but it's not free. soo i would rather have free haha
incompetentuser View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote incompetentuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2010 at 5:42am
When do the next generation of platforms come out? Don't they normally release a new one every three years or so?
JandJBlks2k View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote JandJBlks2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2010 at 6:40am
Had my ps3 for what, more than 3 years now(?) bought it the moment it came out! have the 60 Gigs..that's more than enough for me..fun to play games with..the Blu-Ray is a major plus as well..it's just amazing..although if you're an "audioholic" you might not like it...PS3 shoots PCMs not linears..I think..so if you have an Audio receiver hooked up with it, then it will only depict "PCM" on your receiver..won't see all the "seven" speakers (if you're supporting a 7.1 receiver) on it..but audio's still good nonetheless..
Aos View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Aos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2010 at 10:22am
I just got a ps3 and it is the new slim model. So far I really enjoy using the remote to start the ps3 and shut it down. Also It is good for when it is playing a movie to skip ahead or turn up the volume. Another feature I like is being able to network the ps3 with your computer it can play all my media files that are on my computer. Now I just need to get some games for it, and I'm set.
bigtom View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bigtom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2010 at 12:51pm
gran turismo 5 is an awesome game that is only avaiable for ps3, if you love racing it's pretty much a must ;)
pyrotechnics View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote pyrotechnics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2010 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by bigtom

gran turismo 5 is an awesome game that is only avaiable for ps3, if you love racing it's pretty much a must ;)

thats the reason why some people get it. also, the fact that it has a built in blu-ray player makes it one of the best deals.
Eyedolon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
My view

Quote Eyedolon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2010 at 4:56pm
November 2, 2010 - Gran Turismo 5 launch. Got my preordered collector's edition on schedule for that and should have a Logitech G27 wheel by that point too. I can't wait.
When I do good I am never remembered. When I do bad I am never forgotten.
russradio View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote russradio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2010 at 9:30am
Thats true a ps3 is such a good bang for the $$$$, because it has a blue ray player, and the cool thing it plays games also!
AndrewCoxx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote AndrewCoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2010 at 9:38am
The Ps3 is a great console, not to mention the big price drops it has had, but I like wii better, it is more active and ILOVE WIIFIT!!
syphus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote syphus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2010 at 1:20pm
i got a lil racing jib setup for GT 5. a g27 steering wheel on a frame so its gonna be hell of fun once it comes out. Majority of ps3 owners bought it for gt 5. And i would make a bet, that if most people are like me.. who are planning to jailbreak the ps3. would do it after they obtain an original version of GT5, have it playable on their ps3 then do the jailbreak. Ive been waiting for years for this game to be playable, and the gt5 prologue was not enough

gotta admit took me a while to like my ps3. the only time i spend long hours on it is when i play street fighter 4 and thats about it. But now since my xbox 360 died out on me. The ps3 is getting plenty of attention

oh yeah..got a gcon 2 guns..besides time crisis 4, does anyone know other games these guns are compatible with?
russradio View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote russradio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2010 at 1:25pm
I also got a wii and a ps3, but the ps3 is just soo much funner to play because its just more realistic then those cartoons on wii.
Local
Local

Quote elmers_cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2010 at 3:23pm
cartoonish games are fun too! i downloaded ff9 for ps3. its pretty cartoony and im addicted
let it snow
Stryker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Stryker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2010 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by russradio

I also got a wii and a ps3, but the ps3 is just soo much funner to play because its just more realistic then those cartoons on wii.

much funner?  nice  i too love my ps3 but i would say it is more fun.
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2010 at 4:14pm
i don't think ps3 is better than 360 or vice versa. is more bout the games for me. I recently got hooked on ModNation Kart Racer. It's friking awesome, it's like Mario Kart in perfection. Make your own track too. Def. have to try it if you haven't yet.
azn_dan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Me and the wifey at stowe

Quote azn_dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2010 at 4:35pm

hmm might give modnation a look, is it more multiplayer oriented? 

I personally have all three systems and i really don't love one more then the other. The one that trumps them all is the computer though Big smile

'10 Forces - '10 TRS - '10 Rulers '09 Blunt - '09 Freestyles - '09 Motos
kromeassassin View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
My first air!!

Quote kromeassassin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2010 at 10:26pm
PS3 FTW! I have an original 60GB too, love it! I just noticed the last update makes the Bluray player 3D Bluray capable, now to get a 3D TV :P
alex75000 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote alex75000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2010 at 6:28am
I finally bought Demon Souls a couple of days ago, man this game is awesome.

Already ordered RB3 and waiting for October 26th. Hehehehe!

Next game I'm eagerly waiting for release is Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Killzone 3 might be a good addition as well when it comes out, we'll see!

As for the 3D though, not interested, boring and no fun, bleh!
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2010 at 6:35am
using the ps3 media server to stream videos from an external hd(any format, hd, etc...) is pretty nice
mcmicx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mcmicx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2010 at 6:40am
i use ps3 media server to watch stuff from my computer on my tv. very easy to set up and can pretty much control everything just like dvd. very useful =D
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2010 at 8:33am
I have all 3 consoles and I like the ps3 a lot.  All of the exclusive games are money!  However if I game is released on 360 and ps3 I get it on 360 because the online play is so much better.  LOVE my ps3 for the blu ray player though. 
www.chargeharder.com
sprite8317 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sprite8317 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2010 at 12:43pm
I love my ps3 for a game system and a bluray player since it can go full HD. Plus the new games coming out will be available in 3D, which I'm not all excited about yet since I don't have the TV to support it but i'm sure it'll be really cool.
lakerlove12 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Da BOSS

Quote lakerlove12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2010 at 12:49pm
Ive had playstation in general all my life. I love how you can play all your ps, ps1, and ps2 games on it, thats boss. Im really excited for Black Ops to come out in about a month but it doesnt seem like many people are talkin bout it. Im excited about the new wager matches, something completly new and never seen before.
So what does everyone else think???
syphus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote syphus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2010 at 1:41pm
the only downside abuot the ps3 is that when im at work and mums decide to clean my room, she would brush the ps3 turning it on, or hit one of the control pads, you only hear the beep and tats the only notice you get of it turning on. Its not a pleasant sight comming home to a ps3 thats been turn on for a few hours.

If your a owner of the xbox 360 and ps3, and a game comes out on both console.. i think its a huge waste getting it on the xbox 360
sprite8317 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sprite8317 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2010 at 1:15pm
i like the touch on/off, its a cool feature but i can see how annoy it'd be if someone else didn't know about it and kept turning it on. aren't the slims different? they don't have that touch feature, you have to push it like a button
catau View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote catau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2010 at 1:43pm
I'd say 360 but everyone will probably bash me, i value free games more than anything.
syphus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote syphus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2010 at 3:27pm
the xbox 360 is good and all..but they aint tat reliable

only thing i liked about the 360 was easy hacking feature and gears of war
with the controller felt at ease playing fps on the xbox but for fighting games ps3 is the better option..

wish my xbox 360 was still alive
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Da BOSS

Quote lakerlove12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2010 at 6:07pm
Catau you are repin xbox on a ps3 thread, not cool bro. And also SPRITE, on the slim you dont push it like a button......it is a button, DERP!
derlin View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote derlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 5:55am
ps3's pretty tite, got it fro metal gear solid 4
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 6:02am
Its a great blu-ray player that gets regular updates from Sony.  I just got an update so it is now compatible with 3D BR discs.

Streaming Netflix through it works great too.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
BrettSeeley View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote BrettSeeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 10:47am
The ps3 is so worth it. Better graphics than the 360 and is future proof. You can download updates for the system and the games and put everything from movies music and pics on it. Acces the internet go on facebook or whatever you want. Worth it and the blu ray is awesome also.
twitchell91 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote twitchell91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 10:50am
The PS3's one of the best consoles (next to the super nintendo and the sega consol - go Sonic!). But I was thinking about getting Netflix for it till I read some bad things about it... is Netflix worth getting for the PS3??
Aos View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Aos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 12:32pm

We can confirm that Gran Turismo 5 will not be available this November 2nd, but the game's release will be coming this holiday season.

We sincerely apologize to GT fans for the delay, however, creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating the perfect racing experience, and we are confident that this ambitious game will exceed expectations when it launches.
alex75000 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote alex75000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 12:44pm
Not into Racing games, so I could care less about the delay.
DBouher1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
butter bros

Quote DBouher1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 12:58pm
mw2 is the best for sure
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Da BOSS

Quote lakerlove12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 1:00pm
I kinda screwed up with my playstation awesomeness. I looked up porn on the internet search.....im 15 so i cudnt resist lookin at tits on the big screen. ughhhhh sighhh. now its blocked...
Local
Local

Quote elmers_cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by lakerlove12

I kinda screwed up with my playstation awesomeness. I looked up porn on the internet search.....im 15 so i cudnt resist lookin at tits on the big screen. ughhhhh sighhh. now its blocked...

hahahahah! are you kidding me? can't connect your computer to the big screen?
let it snow
shock639 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Psycho Stick

Quote shock639 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 1:32pm
I started with Atari. Played Nintendo all the way up to N64. Than switched to PS. I have been faithful ever since.  It's all about PS3!!!!!!!!! Even though I haven't turned it on in over a year, after I played through Fallout 3. I don't know how I am going to make the time for Fallout New Vegas. The game is so fun but the biggest time waster. every time you turn it on 5-6 hours go by like a flash. I saw the sneak peeks last night during SOA. I will be buying that game and the new Gran Turismo if it ever comes out. We've only been waiting a few years.
Life is good
syphus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote syphus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 3:36pm
Majority of games are time waster, but hey they make days go faster, gives you something to do, and it helps you to avoid drinking, gambling and spending money on hookers..best investment ever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>