whistler BC

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: whistler BC
    Posted: Jan/18/2011 at 7:20pm
I'm at whistler right now. We're using the Shell 2 for 1 lift vouchers to save 50% on passes. I might have 2 extra if anyone wants to buy them.

the snow was icy early morning. i rode my rome agent and my brother rode his burton hero. I would just grab whichever board you prefer and make sure its tuned. If youre gonna ride the Nintendo park they require you to wear a helmet.
aggiee7 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote aggiee7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2011 at 8:07am
Where did you get the vouchers? Going in march and 3 day lift ticket online with fees n tax lead to $100+ a ticket. Is this 7-11 that sells the lift tickets close to the mountain?
steezmastaflex View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote steezmastaflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2011 at 8:09am
so jealous...whistler is definitely my dream mountain. Is there a cheap way to go to whistler?
aggiee7 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote aggiee7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2011 at 8:23am
I got lucky, my girlfriends sister lives in Whistler - So were flying from CT to Seattle for $361, getting picked up in Seattle and driving 5 hours back to Whisler. Staying there for free and just gotta buy lift tickets. Whistler website has a way to bundle everything.. air fare, lodging and lift tickets - dont know how much youll save though.
rook View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2011 at 8:37am
Originally posted by aggiee7

Where did you get the vouchers? Going in march and 3 day lift ticket online with fees n tax lead to $100+ a ticket. Is this 7-11 that sells the lift tickets close to the mountain?

It is in Squamish (about 45 mins away), but you have to go right past it on your way to Whistler from seattle.
started by flossers making floss for flossers
bcollins View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2011 at 9:54am
Nautika96, I might be interested in buying one from you. I have a 4 of 5 day pass already purchased but was planning on getting a 7-11 ticket for the 5th day. This could be cheaper. Going up Feb 18th - 25th. Any black out days on those and how do they work, you need the gas receipt correct. Where abouts did you get the coupon from. Anyway, let me know.

For others, alluradirect.com, think someone else mentioned this, has good deals on multiday passes...rentals to if you need that sort of thing. Really good if you bought before Nov. 15th, which I did. You don't need to book accomodations through them to get the deal.

As far as board, I'm probably not good enough to suggest anything. Place has everything so you won't be dissapointed. I'm from San Diego so the ride from my buddies place to the creekside gondola is longer than most runs I'm used to. Anyway,I'll be up there on my Sierra Crew so say hello if you see me.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2011 at 10:08am
I just found out I have an aunt that lives out in Vancouver which is 2 hours away from Whistler compared to Seattle which is 4 hours away from Whistler.  Smile
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
javabean View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote javabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2011 at 2:43pm
Anyone going heli-riding?
aggiee7 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote aggiee7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2011 at 9:11pm
@rook - How much are the lift tickets at the Squamish 7-11?
turbo95sir View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Grand Targhee tree run

Quote turbo95sir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2011 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by steezmastaflex

so jealous...whistler is definitely my dream mountain. Is there a cheap way to go to whistler?

define cheap...

you can fly into seattle and drive up to whistler, which is about 4 hours like others have mentioned. flights to seattle from the west coast are fairly inexpensive compared to flying into vancouver.

whistler also has early/late season deals that are lift+lodging for fairly affordable prices...my fiance and i went last year for about $99/night including lift and lodging. i think lift tickets alone were running about 80-90/day.

other option is to stay somewhere near vancouver. you can priceline a hotel for a pretty good price since there are so many of them there. it's only about 2 hours from there to the mountain so you can go up and back and get lift ticket deals.
bcollins View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2011 at 10:34am
The 7-11 vouchers were approximately $75 last year, so about a $25 savings from the ticket window. Not sure how much they are this year. Good if you're doing a day or two; otherwise, buy a multi day pass from alluradirect or directly from the whistler website. I typically buy a 7-11 voucher just in case I feel like boarding an extra day...if not they're easy to sell.

Nautika96, sent you a PM about the 2 for 1 coupons.
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2011 at 8:31am
ya sorry they dont work for your dates. but they saved me $150 over the 3 days i went.

I rented my condo at whistler directly from Jacquline Sali at marketplace lodge. its was condo #219. the thing with booking online via whistler's website is that the condition of the condo is randomized if youre renting from marketplace. I got a hold of Jacquie directly due to the good reviews she got and got 4nights for $660. for me it was cheaper to fly from LAX to YVR (Vancouver) and rent a car, than it was to fly to Seattle or take the bus from YVR to whistler. I got the car for $250 and gas was only $40 for the trip. Jacquie's condo has free parking. The round trip bus ticket wouldve cost $130/person. Since I had 3 people with me the car option was way better since we could be on our own schedule. We were also to buy food at Safeway in Vancouver to cook all our meals. I was able to feed 3 people for $140. There are grocery stores in whistler village but its ridiculously expensive there. Whistler is pretty dope and they got 4inches the day we were leaving. I almost stayed another day.
javabean View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote javabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2011 at 6:41am
how do you get the 2 for 1 from shell? i'm going up to whistler next month and got a multi pass from alludirect but we might consider staying longer
bcollins View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2011 at 2:23pm
Hey Java, Nautika PMed me back, thanks by the way Nautika, and it sounds like if you're going in February the 2 for 1s won’t work. They only work during or after certain dates and February is all blacked out. I would hit up the 7-11 in Squamish, or Vancouver, and grab a voucher. They’re good all the time and probably pretty easy to sell if someone is standing in line to buy a $100 ticket at the window.

Did you guys get a kids pass for free from allura? Trying to figure out a way to sell it or even just give it away to someone that could use it. I asked around last year but people get a little leary of you trying to hook them up with free or discounted tickets...if I could cover the extra day or even a few beers I would be really happy.
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2011 at 7:31pm
people were a little leary about buying a hard ticket from someone when we went. it was much better to explain that we had a voucher and could get 2 tickets for the price of 1. We had an odd number of people so I made my brother find some "friends" every day. once they saw the voucher they were more than willing to split the ticket price.

if the tickets you got came with vouchers then you can plead your case and they can watch you get the tickets from the window. people are more likely to believe you're legit that way.
javabean View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote javabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 5:10am

i think alludirect gives us a free kids ticket but we won't know until we pick up our other tickets. i might just walk around and see if i can get like $20-$30 for it to cover for lunch.

nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2011 at 1:08pm
food is super expensive up there. just like everything else. I remember a sandwich and coke was $12.
bcollins View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2011 at 8:46am
Get into Whistler early Friday for five days of boarding, can't wait. Website is claiming 6 feet over last 7 days....

Run recommendations? Was there last year but don't know my way around at all. Was thinking I would like to hit up Symphony/Harmony on the Whistler side. I liked Cloud nine on the Blackcomb side. Rock n roll was a really fun intermediate run lower on blackcomb. Will hit the park a little but not really a park guy. Anything I have to check out...keep in mind i'm pretty intermediate. Single Blacks, non moguls, are fine but predominately stick to the blues.
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2011 at 4:47pm
dont forget 7th heaven and peak to creek. if you do symphony and harmony, be brave and go off the beaten path. it was so worth it when i went.
Commissar View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Commissar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2011 at 12:09pm
Someday I will be there, have heard nothing but great things about that place. Everyone at Jackson Hole mentioned that was one of the very few places that was better than JH.
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2011 at 7:28am
whistler is so worth it. I think I'm going to have to make it a yearly trip.
aggiee7 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote aggiee7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2011 at 5:45pm
alluradirect is not much of a discount for Mid-Season tickets. Im going in a week and looked at the price for a 3 of 4 day lift ticket, with taxes it comes to almost $300! Actually it is the same exact price as the Whistler website. it would be a deal if they didnt charge $32 for tax/fees

Sounds like my best bet is the 7-11 in Squamish. I found a link that brought me to the whistler/blackcomb website about the 7-11 deal, but can't find it on my own on the site. Weird.

heres the link:
http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/tickets/7-11/index.htm

Looks like if I just buy 3 one day tickets there at $80 each, $240 for 3 days... ill save around $60?
If I go in one day can I buy 3 separate tickets for 3 different days? or can I only get one at a time?

And has anyone done the Fresh Tracks breakfast? Sounds pretty good at a decent price of $17.95...
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2011 at 4:30am
fresh tracks is pretty sweet because you get to the slopes earlier. i never did it but they advertised getting to the runs first.

you can buy all the tickets you need ahead of time in squamish. they dont have a specific date.
tranner View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tranner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2011 at 6:00am
I have done Fresh Tracks.  The breakfast that they serve is standard buffet breakfast style and you can eat till you blow up.  It was pretty good and you end up on the slopes before the general public.  You basically stuff your face then get out on to the run at your liesure.  Unfortunately, when I did First Tracks, they were only running the one short chair right outside of the top of the gondola station so it wasn't very impressive.
Commissar View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Commissar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2011 at 10:55am
Does that big of a mountain really get that crowded? Are weekdays still as crowded as weekends? Trying to plan a trip myself for next year to either Whistler or Jackson.
bubbagooch View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bubbagooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2011 at 11:11am
I went to a number of pizza places while in Whistler and I would have to say Fat Tony's is the best. Mongolie Grill is good but expensive. The Longhorn bar is cool, but expensive($8 for a Guinness), but our waitress was stupid and ended up charging us for drinks we didn't order and the manager wouldn't hear us out.
On to the mountain. It was storming 3/5 days I was there so the peaks were closed, but it was all really fun. I think Blackcomb and Whistler are both amazing mountains. Be sure to have a $2 coin on you if you're riding Whistler and end up getting stuck at Creekside at the end of the day because you will have to take the bus back to the village.
Have Fun!
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2011 at 9:43am
The bus operating within Whistler should be free. unless Creekside is outside the "free fare zone"

It gets crowded on some lifts but relatively quiet on weekdays. The mountain is so big it can readily absorb a lot of the crowd. The base is where you see it the most.
gamelessx25 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote gamelessx25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2011 at 4:11am
Any good sites / contacts for extended rentals at private lodge/condos?
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2011 at 5:26am
Originally posted by gamelessx25

Any good sites / contacts for extended rentals at private lodge/condos?

http://www.whistlercanada.net/

used this once before but forgot which l stayed at
MurphyMasta View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote MurphyMasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2011 at 6:31am
sorry to post in a dead thread but didnt wanna make my own... is it easy to get lift tickets as a child 0-18 at whistler if you are 19? Of course i don't like lying haha but it would save me 200 dollars... Just wondering if anyone has done this or if they ask you for an id.
ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2011 at 6:33am
^l would have to say, your best bet is to get your friend thats actually 18, to buy it then for you to nto bring your id onto the mountain.
MurphyMasta View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote MurphyMasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2011 at 1:21pm
I think if i buy online and pick them up there i shouldnt have a problem. i havent seen anything on there terms and conditions. has anyone tried this before?
matic View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2011 at 6:35am
  • thinking about hitting up whistler this season..any recommendations on saving to get out there from NYC? hotels? etc?

richardvoyageur View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2011 at 3:43am
Originally posted by matic

• thinking about hitting up whistler this season..any recommendations on saving to get out there from NYC? hotels? etc?

I'd suggest you hit alluradirect.com, it's like the VRBO of Canada.  They have 510 places for rent in Whistler alone.  I used these guys for our Sun Peaks trip last year and got some great value for our money.  You can sort by $, rooms, people, etc.
matic View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2011 at 4:06am
Originally posted by richardvoyageur

I'd suggest you hit alluradirect.com, it's like the VRBO of Canada.  They have 510 places for rent in Whistler alone.  I used these guys for our Sun Peaks trip last year and got some great value for our money.  You can sort by $, rooms, people, etc.

thanks! looks like a good site to check
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2011 at 9:26am
Originally posted by richardvoyageur

Oh sweet!  Thanks for the link!
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
kirkalicious View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kirkalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2011 at 9:46am
I've visited whistler in the summer, but I bet it's stellar in the winter
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2012 at 3:55am
Anyone going to Whistler should be excited, they got hit with almost 6ft of snow this past week.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12