NHL 2011/2012 Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 54>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
A.Tup View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote A.Tup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NHL 2011/2012 Season
    Posted: Jan/09/2011 at 4:44am

JIMMY!!!
Michigan Tech Paintball #12
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2011 at 5:07am
Originally posted by A.Tup

JIMMY!!!

that's a sick photo.  I have Howard on both my Fantasy Hockey Leagues on Yahoo.  He's always undervalued, and I swoop him in the late rounds. 

-zakk

ta1on View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ta1on Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2011 at 6:52am
^^ That IS a awesome photo!  That game was fun to watch. :D I also have Howard on my team but I picked him up for the wins he was going to get since he's on Detroit.  He isn't an amazing goalie but he is above average.
A.Tup View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote A.Tup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2011 at 5:50pm
always the best from the Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Tech Paintball #12
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2011 at 3:23am
my Sharks were shutout for the 7th time this season.  Joe Thornton is the kryptonite to our ability to win the Stanley Cup.  If Danny Boyle was out captain, he'd be running bag skates to get this jackasses into fighting shape.

Oh well, there is always next year...
-zakk

Borsa View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Borsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2011 at 12:04pm
Malkin has a torn MCL and ACL and is finished for the season.  Crosby's been out forever, but the Pens keep winning games!  Love to see a team do well with their stars injured.  As long as they can keep it up!  LET'S GO PENS!
richardvoyageur View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2011 at 5:51am
I think with the Malkin injury it's going to be very tough for the Pens to stay up where they are now.  I can see them dropping towards the 7 & 8 spots in the east.  You just can't win without your two best players for long.

My Bruins are looking great, mostly from all of the Toronto Maple Leafs charity trades in the last few years.  Tuuka Rask for Andrew Raycroft in 2006?  Thanks boys!

Kessel for 2 #1 draft picks and a #2 draft pick, then they finish 2nd last in the league and give us Tyler Seguin?  Thanks again!  Can't wait for them to finish among the last 5 in the league again this year and give us another fantastic prospect, it's ridiculous.

The stupidest thing about it is you're not supposed to do these trades with divisional rivals, it's crazy
ddomski View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
  Quote ddomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2011 at 7:15am
damn my sharks look average this year.  they better step up for the playoffs.
Gnu B Pro 152 BTX w/ Union Milan bindings
SnapShot View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote SnapShot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2011 at 7:24am
Malkin out for the year.   
wechter View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote wechter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2011 at 7:41am
Go Wings! I hope they can stay healthy the rest of the year.
lij1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lij1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2011 at 9:50pm
stamkos with the lead again
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 4:29am
I don't have Stamkos in my pool and he's murdering me with these 4 point nights.  Just ridiculous

Dont' even talk to me about Franzen's 5 goal night either!
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 4:48am
Stamkos is a beast.  With Steveie Y there now, I think they have a good shot to go deep in the playoffs, if Roloston can keep healthy at what nearly 40 now?
-zakk

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 5:06am
Originally posted by zakk

Stamkos is a beast.  With Steveie Y there now, I think they have a good shot to go deep in the playoffs, if Roloston can keep healthy at what nearly 40 now?

Stevie Y leaving the Red Wings organization to become the Lightning's GM was a blow to the Wings but understandably a good move for Stevie personally.  With Kenny Holland running the show in Detroit there wasn't room for Stevie to move to the next level.

andydeckerrr View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote andydeckerrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 5:35am
Stevie Y is doing a great job. Lightning will be good for years to come.
rook View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 5:42am
Originally posted by ctoma

Originally posted by zakk

Stevie Y leaving the Red Wings organization to become the Lightning's GM was a blow to the Wings but understandably a good move for Stevie personally.  With Kenny Holland running the show in Detroit there wasn't room for Stevie to move to the next level.

Not sure the bolts are battle tested enough yet for the playoffs, but stevie Y is making some pretty savvy moves..... now if he can just unload Vinny contract and find a long term solution in goal (since Rolie is fast approaching 40).
started by flossers making floss for flossers
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:39am
ahhh man i missed a good one last night between the Habs and the Bruins, its always a good game when you get to see a goalie fight
ColaLover View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ColaLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:52am
Come on Ovenchkin do your thing!!
lienair View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote lienair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 10:29am
Pens have had to call up about half of their AHL team for tonight's game. All these injuries are ridiculous. At least we'll get a pretty good idea what up and comers will be able to hack it in the NHL.
bhswrestler150 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 10:35am
BEST GOALIE FIGHT I HAVE SEEN IS WHEN DiPIETRO BROKE HIS FACE. THAT MAN IS MADE OF GLASS
andydeckerrr View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote andydeckerrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 10:36am
Originally posted by bhswrestler150

BEST GOALIE FIGHT I HAVE SEEN IS WHEN DiPIETRO BROKE HIS FACE. THAT MAN IS MADE OF GLASS

^^ Ha, yeah DePietro can never stay healthy for more than 3 weeks at a time. I wonder how the Islanders organization feels about his 15 year contract about now?
SnapShot View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote SnapShot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 1:57pm
Lets go Pens!   I'm kinda glad football is over now. Living close enough to Pittsburgh to be in the heart of the steelers nation gets old.

Time for hockey to take the center stage.   
Codeman View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Codeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 2:44pm
Man I can't believe Cooke only got 4 games for that blatant hit from behind. That should have been a 4-5 gamer for someone with minimal offenses. For one of the dirtiest players in the league with as many cheap shots as he has on his record, they should have gave him 15!
Borsa View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Borsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2011 at 4:07pm
Pens Islanders game is ridiculous!  Guess the Islanders are looking for blood after the last game, but Martin trying to suck punch Talbot?  That's just dirty hockey, man up and drop gloves when he's looking!
rishihb View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote rishihb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2011 at 11:33pm
346 Penalty minutes and 10 ejections! I have almost no experience with NHL games, but even I know that's Ridiculous! Also, for a league that boasts they have the toughest guys in any sports, why does Sydney Crosby need to say he won't miss a whole season with a concussion? A. Rodgers had 2 and managed to do alright this season, am I missing something?
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2011 at 8:09am
Originally posted by rishihb

346 Penalty minutes and 10 ejections! I have almost no experience with NHL games, but even I know that's Ridiculous! Also, for a league that boasts they have the toughest guys in any sports, why does Sydney Crosby need to say he won't miss a whole season with a concussion? A. Rodgers had 2 and managed to do alright this season, am I missing something?

yea that game was insane, for anyone who didnt catch the recap you NEED to watch this now
http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2010020823&cmpid=fb:shr:main

and rishihb, that is bc Crosby is a bitch, great player but is a baby when things get rough, dont let him be your image of hockey...for toughness look at Ovechkin or almost anyone on the Flyers (as much as i dont like them they are a tough and physical team)
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2011 at 8:13am
thanks for the link. Game wasnt on TV here and by looking all over for the highlights
stevo05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote stevo05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2011 at 8:18am
I don't follow hockey as much anymore (especially since my 7 team keepers fantasy league took a break for this year), but I think it's weird that Crosby and Malkin are both out, and Ovechkin is "struggling".

Our keepers format involves retaining 6 players every year, but at least 1 defenceman and 1 goalie has to be in that list of 6 players. Here's my list, though we don't play anymore:

Luongo
Kiprusoff
Chara
Ovechkin
Semin
Stamkos

What do you guys think of my choices?
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2011 at 8:28am
Originally posted by stevo05

I don't follow hockey as much anymore (especially since my 7 team keepers fantasy league took a break for this year), but I think it's weird that Crosby and Malkin are both out, and Ovechkin is "struggling".

Our keepers format involves retaining 6 players every year, but at least 1 defenceman and 1 goalie has to be in that list of 6 players. Here's my list, though we don't play anymore:

Luongo
Kiprusoff
Chara
Ovechkin
Semin
Stamkos

What do you guys think of my choices?

that is a pretty sick list right there, my least favorite is Semin, and thats coming from a Caps fan who just gets sick of him being inconsistent, but if he is your worst player there then you would be pretty set, if you were still playing
GeckosGoMoo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote GeckosGoMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2011 at 8:50am

Martin's sucker punch. They show the actual hit at the end of the video.

I'm a dance floor tiger lady bumping everything she has, touching every single lad, rubbing every lady bad.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2011 at 9:31am
awesome! thanks for the youtube posts, really wish i coulda seen this game
VSLSUB View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote VSLSUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2011 at 10:21am
goalie fight ftw
Borsa View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Borsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2011 at 10:28am
I'm a big fan of hockey and I think yesterdays game was a total waste of time to watch.  Fighting is good to watch but every 5 seconds they were fighting, not to mention the Islanders were taking some cheap shots.  No need to try and sucker punch someone, or hit a player that's injured and then mock him from the side.  What a bunch of cocky punks.  It would be totally different if the Islanders were in the playoff running, but they aren't even close!  I'm not saying that the Pens did nothing wrong, because they did, but I have no respect for how some of those players acted.
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2011 at 6:24pm
wow my caps need to get their sh!t into gear, 3 straight loses...

how about the Flyers just added more fuel to their powerhouse, Versteeg was a nice trade they made...its looking like they will be an even tougher team to take down come playoff time
Borsa View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Borsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2011 at 11:06am
Its Hockey day.  NBC is carrying a lot of games today.  WATCH IT NOW! 
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2011 at 11:28am
The Ranger vs Flyers game was awesome. Announcers sucked though
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2011 at 7:08pm
finally the sharks are looking good!
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
ddomski View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
  Quote ddomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2011 at 7:09pm
woo hoo!  go sharks!  I hope they make another trade before the deadline - we need D!
Gnu B Pro 152 BTX w/ Union Milan bindings
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2011 at 9:53am
big game tonight for my caps, should be a good one as usual against the pens...i hope they can bring home the W so they can finish their 5 game road trip with a winning record at 3-2
hawkeyepnx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote hawkeyepnx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2011 at 1:10pm
Anyone find that there has been an unusual amount of high scoring games the last season, and for that matter, the last few seasons?
Borsa View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Borsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2011 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by zabisket

big game tonight for my caps, should be a good one as usual against the pens...i hope they can bring home the W so they can finish their 5 game road trip with a winning record at 3-2

I hope not.  LET'S GO PENS.  Should be a great game though.  Very much looking forward to the game!
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2011 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Borsa

Originally posted by zabisket

I hope not.  LET'S GO PENS.  Should be a great game though.  Very much looking forward to the game!

damn missed the game tonight but just saw my caps won 1-0 thanks to Ovi putting one in the back of the net, looks like it was another close game...i'll have to check out the highlights on it as soon as they are posted on NHL.com
hurleysnowboarder View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote hurleysnowboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2011 at 5:27pm
gooooooooooo sharks!!!!
lienair View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote lienair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2011 at 6:23am
Originally posted by rishihb

I'm pretty sure it was the second most penalty minutes in a game. The most being a Flyers/ Ottawa game several years ago.

Sidney is still out because the general attitude in sports regarding concussions, has changed dramatically in about a year. Look at Marc Savard, he has scrambled eggs for brains and is probably done for his career. He kept trying to hard to get back in the game and in the end it has only caused him more damage. Concussions are not about toughness and if you get your head too screwed up you won't play again. Considering Sid is expected to be a star in the league for many years to come and is paid over 8mil a year, I am sure the Pens would rather take could care of him at the cost of winning now than lose him sooner due to brining him back too soon. If you wan't to measure his toughness consider a game against the Flyers his rookie year where he got all his front teeth knocked out with a high stick( that wasn't called) ha stayed in the game to score the winning goal in overtime in a blood stained jersey. 
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2011 at 6:11pm
19 games left for the caps till the playoffs...wouldnt mind taking the top of the SE from Tampa but i dont see it coming from with inconsistency, i just hope we dont lose anyone to any serious injuries within the last month and a half
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 11:30am
In other news, caps made some nice moves today acquiring a much needed power play defenseman, Dennis Wideman, and a much needed experienced 2nd line center, Arnott, and someone who can help Johansson and Perreault get better...best of luck to Steckel in NJ, i always enjoyed watching him on the 4th line
Borsa View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Borsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2011 at 5:45am
Finally, an OT win for the Pens!  When the Bruins scored in the final minute of yesterdays game, I was pretty upset.  Thank goodness for the turnover to Jeffreys.  5 Hole goal to give them an extra point and putting them 2 points behind the Flyers!  Can't wait until tuesday, I'm going to the Pens Sabres game in Pittsburgh with my brother.  Should be an amazing time.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2011 at 7:57am
I'm glad the Bruins squeaked out a single point from that Pens game last night, although they didn't deserve it.  Thomas got that point alone really, they were outplayed, especially in the third.

Really hoping Toronto takes a nosedive to end the year, nothing would please me more
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2011 at 6:18am
Originally posted by richardvoyageur

I'm glad the Bruins squeaked out a single point from that Pens game last night, although they didn't deserve it.  Thomas got that point alone really, they were outplayed, especially in the third.

Really hoping Toronto takes a nosedive to end the year, nothing would please me more

i could very well see that happing to toronto so you might be getting your wish

im happy to see the flyers taking a nosedive right now, they were looking pretty strong this whole season up until the past week or so...not to mention the lightning because it has allowed my caps to move on up back to first in their division (for now)
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2011 at 6:27am
I hate Christina Pronger more than I hate Sandy Crosby, so the Flyers goaltending collapse has me in a state of puck nirvana. 

If Christina Pronger was on fire I'd piss on her/him only if I pissed gasoline. 
-zakk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 54>