NHL 2011/2012 Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 54>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NHL 2011/2012 Season
    Posted: Nov/19/2010 at 11:42am
anyone watch the game/highlights of the TB/PHI game last night? that was ridiculous, watch some highlights at least if you havent already...it was 5-4 at the end of the 1st period, then 7-7 at the end of the 2nd and 8-7 TB wins in the end...stamkos is having an incredible season so far 
Shrooman27 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Shrooman27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2010 at 8:41pm
the Devils are making me sick this season!
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2010 at 11:10am
went to the caps/flyers game last night, awesome game despite the shootout loss for the caps...down 3-1 entering the 3rd period to come back to tie it 4-4 in the last min of the game

love to rock the red at the verizon center 
rook View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2010 at 7:57am
Bumpski....... for the Nucks holding the Oilers to 12 shots last night. 
started by flossers making floss for flossers
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2010 at 8:10am
very needed to be bumped... 
and ya thats pretty ridiculous by the nucks to hold them to only 12 shotss

my capitals are playing like horse sh!t right now and need to get out of this slump otherwise they will get throttled by the pens come new years day
rook View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2010 at 8:17am
I like that Ovi dropped the mitts last night, hopefully that will get him going.  Crosby dropped them in the game before he went on his current 17 game tear.

hawkeyepnx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote hawkeyepnx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2010 at 9:56am
I would really LOVE to see Crosby and Ovechkin throw fists at the winter classic. Just as long as they both go down! I'm a hater of both, but especially Crosby.

Bring Joe Thorton back to my Bruins!!!
rook View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2010 at 10:58am
^^^ why on earth would you want Joey Tho back, he doesn't/can't/wont score in the playoffs.  Sure he can get you 100+pts in the regular season but come april he is useless. 
mdterps21 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mdterps21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2010 at 12:10pm
I'm not too worried about the Caps. I think its better for them that they aren't coasting through the season like they had been in previous years.
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2010 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by mdterps21

I'm not too worried about the Caps. I think its better for them that they aren't coasting through the season like they had been in previous years.

yea im with you there, by them not winning now they will have more fight in them come playoff time and prove themselves...but i would like this slump to end, it is painful to watch
andydeckerrr View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote andydeckerrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2010 at 12:38pm
The Sabres have to get going at some point. Just gotta get a streak going.
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 11:55am
Caps finally ended their streak but they still have a lot of work to do if they want to keep winning especially as their next stretch involves the pens
P0wdr4 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote P0wdr4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 12:07pm
not even a fight,.. I'm in no way a pens fan,.. but they've already got the caps beat.  mark my word.. winter classic will be an alright game, with the pens winning it.  They've done it before, and will probably do it again
surgyon View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote surgyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 12:15pm
I just need to stop watching the rangers all together b/c every game I watch they manage to lose
jonl89 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jonl89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 12:31pm
I'm pumped for the winter classic
Go pens
rade View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Ballin!!!

Quote rade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 12:32pm
Its all about them RED WINGS!!!!
Holding Pounds (LB$)
P0wdr4 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote P0wdr4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by surgyon

I just need to stop watching the rangers all together b/c every game I watch they manage to lose
feel the same about the hawks.... they just don't have any passion... looks like they don't give a damn this season.  Pure shame... I miss Buf.. he brought so much to the team last year.. and look at him now... UNSTOPPABLE!
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2010 at 9:34am
Originally posted by P0wdr4

not even a fight,.. I'm in no way a pens fan,.. but they've already got the caps beat.  mark my word.. winter classic will be an alright game, with the pens winning it.  They've done it before, and will probably do it again

it has been over a year since the pens were able to beat the caps, they did get swept last season all 4 games, but you will get your taste for things on how things will be new years day thursday night...if the caps come to play with the intensity they did against the devils then they will take it, however if they play like they did against ottawa or before the pens will come out on top

no matter what happens, this game will be close and exciting... it always is

zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2011 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by P0wdr4

looks like your word was wrong hahaha...it was a not only a very exciting game but the caps took that win very impressively and looked in even better form then before by using some muscle
myungsup View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote myungsup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2011 at 6:35pm
damn everyone here's either a sharks fan or a caps fan. lol
been rootin for the kings since 02. i'm just glad we made the playoffs last year.=]
bhswrestler150 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2011 at 6:42pm
winter classic was a bit disappointing. hate alex the cocky and the caps and not a huge fan of the dirty play sid the kids been showing either.
mdterps21 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mdterps21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2011 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by bhswrestler150

winter classic was a bit disappointing. hate alex the cocky and the caps and not a huge fan of the dirty play sid the kids been showing either.

Can't say that I'm disappointed since I'm a caps fan. I thought it was a pretty good game, though I was pissed when they decided to blow the whistle half way through the 3rd just to change ice because of the wind.
lij1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lij1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2011 at 1:20am
dont like how the west is so close, so many talented teams dont make the playoffs
Swift View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Having fun in the Evo

Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2011 at 3:40am
Thought the winter classic was a great game to watch i enjoy the whole set up of the event. Although i'm not a huge fan of either team i was glad the caps won and a tight game is alway great to watch.

Im a Devils fan here but lets not get into that... :(
Dingo stole my baby!
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2011 at 4:26am
I still don't know what Doug Wilson is waiting for.  it is so obvious the Sharks need another experienced defenseman he's fooling himself if he's going to be platooning the kids.  That and Marleau isn't on his game.  no wonder we've been shut out 5x this year.

and any day I can watch Sandy Crybaby lose on national TV it's a good day.  Ovie is a beast, even if he is having an off year.
-zakk

lij1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lij1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2011 at 8:28pm
i hate how every1 in vancouver right now is goin nuts over the fact they r first in the west
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2011 at 5:00am
Originally posted by lij1

i hate how every1 in vancouver right now is goin nuts over the fact they r first in the west

Fact: Luongo only plays well for the Canadian National Team. 

The Canucks are going nowhere with him in the nets.  Enjoy that second round exit.  the sharks won't get out of round 1. 
-zakk

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2011 at 5:13am
anyone think Rangers have a shot at making the playoffs. They were playing great hockey when everyone was healthy
s2bing View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote s2bing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2011 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by zakk

Fact: Luongo only plays well for the Canadian National Team. 

The Canucks are going nowhere with him in the nets.  Enjoy that second round exit.  the sharks won't get out of round 1. 

Fact: Schneider has looked great in his limited duty as backup this year and is 7-0-2 on the season, so we have a viable alternative if Bobby Lou craps out in the playoffs.

I like the Canucks this year, but then again I like them every year and seemingly never get tired of being disappointed come spring time.  but this has to be our year, right?
mdterps21 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mdterps21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2011 at 1:29pm
How good is Stamkos? He's putting up some amazing numbers this year and he's still so young.
hanyways View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote hanyways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2011 at 1:31pm
Ravens will probably do a good job for this season!
lienair View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote lienair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2011 at 6:30pm
Caps fans enjoy your Winter Classic banner hanging ceremony, and we'll hang the ones that are earned in May and June. - Go Pens!
insemnia View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote insemnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2011 at 7:21pm
I can watch hockey any time, I love it.  It's simply the best sport to watch live.  Football is better on TV than live, but hockey is better live than on TV.
insemnia View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote insemnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2011 at 7:29pm
I'm a huge devils fan, so you can imagine how devasted I am for this to the first losing season in a long time.  If only we could put together a 10 game win streak and get back involved with the division. 
lij1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lij1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2011 at 12:50am
i no this isnt nhl but, thoughts on the canada russia game
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2011 at 2:16am

i no this isnt nhl but, thoughts on the canada russia game

No idea how the US lost to Canada 4-1 with the assassination squad they had assembled.  wtf. 
-zakk

ta1on View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ta1on Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2011 at 2:25pm
I can't believe how well the Stars are doing this season, I thought that this was going to be a bad year for them but it looks like they got a good group of young players.
bmurphy1 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote bmurphy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2011 at 2:35pm
Lets go rangers!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2011 at 2:37pm
Rangers played a fantastic game yesterday
Borsa View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Borsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2011 at 2:58pm
Pens are looking just as good as they did yesterday.  Not to mention that Crosby and Cooke are not playing today.
mdterps21 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mdterps21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2011 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Borsa

Pens are looking just as good as they did yesterday.  Not to mention that Crosby and Cooke are not playing today.

I'm hoping for a Pens-Caps playoff series this year. It should be a great matchup for all the fans.
lij1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lij1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2011 at 12:54am
it would be nice but caps need to step it up a bit or else itll b a sweep
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2011 at 4:01am

it would be nice but caps need to step it up a bit or else itll b a sweep
ovie is having a bit if an off year but he's doing the little things better.  still not sure about the goalie situation in DC.
-zakk

lij1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lij1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2011 at 3:22pm
as long as they put up more goals then the other team, its fine and with the talent washinton has, it shouldnt b a hard
lij1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lij1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2011 at 8:34pm
FINALLY!!! Canucks LOSE
Epicentre View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Epicentre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2011 at 8:45pm

FINALLY!!! Canucks LOSE

So annoyed watching that game... Canucks just can't win in the shootout  Luongo was great all game as usual and choked in the shootout.  Shouldn't have let in a slapshot in the shootout.  He did make a good save on Bertuzzi though.
I don't get it the Canucks just can't do shootouts at all.
Timmay_650 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Timmay_650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2011 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by rook

^^^ why on earth would you want Joey Tho back, he doesn't/can't/wont score in the playoffs.  Sure he can get you 100+pts in the regular season but come april he is useless. 

I so wish that wasn't true but so it. 
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote winze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2011 at 3:20am
Watched the Jets vs Colts and Saints vs Seahawks games on tv today and boy did I not expect those results... :(
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2011 at 4:27am
Originally posted by winze

Watched the Jets vs Colts and Saints vs Seahawks games on tv today and boy did I not expect those results... :(

that is some really interesting information.  thanks for putting into this thread so we can all remember it when we look back at the 2010/11 National Hockey League season.  LOL
-zakk

scar72002 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote scar72002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2011 at 4:39am
Originally posted by Epicentre

FINALLY!!! Canucks LOSE

So annoyed watching that game... Canucks just can't win in the shootout  Luongo was great all game as usual and choked in the shootout.  Shouldn't have let in a slapshot in the shootout.  He did make a good save on Bertuzzi though.
I don't get it the Canucks just can't do shootouts at all.

It must be so hard being in that division. Theres so many tough games for the canucks. If my cousins 6th grade team was in that division they would have over 50 points. The canucks would have problems in any other division. Put them in the there with LA, anahiem, and dallas and see how they do.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 54>