NHL 2011/2012 Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 45678 54>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
richardvoyageur View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NHL 2011/2012 Season
    Posted: Apr/02/2011 at 4:28am
Must suck to be a Kings fan watching Anze go down for the season like that, right in the middle of a crazy western conference playoff push.  

Can someone please put a bullet in the Leafs next game?  I'm sick of hearing of them.

I think Vancouver is going to go at least 2 rounds, the Sedein twins are killing it this year, have you seen Henrik's assist total right now?  I could score 20 with that dude passing to me.  
Can't wait to see a Montreal-Boston first round, it will be fantastic if it happens
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2011 at 2:59pm
Tukka Rask playing today might have just won me my second GFY Fantasy Hockey League Championship Big smile
-zakk

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2011 at 3:19pm
Nice to see the Wings finally pull their collective heads out of their collective arses, coming back from a 3-0 deficit to beat Nashville 4-3 in OT.  The win clinches the Wings 20th consecutive playoff berth and 11th straight season with 100 points (extending their own NHL record).  I hope that 10-3 loss to St. Louis was a wake-up call.
ddomski View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ddomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2011 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by zakk

Tukka Rask playing today might have just won me my second GFY Fantasy Hockey League Championship Big smile

That's funny because he screwed me all season.  
Gnu B Pro 152 BTX w/ Union Milan bindings
wechter View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote wechter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2011 at 4:28pm
What an amazing Wings game. Nice to see Howard back and to see the Wings show a little fight in their game. 2 goals coming out of the time out< I wonder what Babcock said to them.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2011 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by ddomski

Originally posted by zakk

That's funny because he screwed me all season.  

the guy I'm playing won't get credit for his Goalie stats as they didn't have 3 starts during the week.  He had Thomas and Vokoun and Rask played today LOL
-zakk

skyfooze View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote skyfooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2011 at 2:21am
Go Flyers. Hahaha. I don't even watch hockey at all but I like the Flyers anyway.
Scorer099 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Scorer099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2011 at 5:43am
Originally posted by skyfooze

Go Flyers. Hahaha. I don't even watch hockey at all but I like the Flyers anyway.

Very insightful contribution. Thanks.

I'm just here to look cool...

www.angrysnowboarder.com
jenni View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2011 at 5:53am
boston vs rangers tonight. whats your prediction for the game?

l'm saying the bruins since they have been averaging 3 goals for the last few games and the rangers has the pressure to win or else they might not get into playoff
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2011 at 5:56am
Flyers and Caps out in the first round. They don't have the goaltending to take them deep into playoffs. Well unless they catch fire. Boston will prolly take the East. That team is unstoppable! It's hard to say for the West but I'll take the Wings as they usually go pretty far. Should be exciting this year!
Scorer099 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Scorer099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2011 at 6:15am
Originally posted by Von44

Flyers and Caps out in the first round. They don't have the goaltending to take them deep into playoffs. Well unless they catch fire. Boston will prolly take the East. That team is unstoppable! It's hard to say for the West but I'll take the Wings as they usually go pretty far. Should be exciting this year!

Not a chance both the Flyers and Caps leave in first round. The teams they will play cannot match-up in a 7 game series. The only way the Sabres escape the first round is if Miller gets scorching hot, which could very well happen.

I'm not sold on the Bruins at all, or the Eastern conference for that matter in terms of winning the cup. Non of the teams in the running have really ever proved anything in the Playoffs besides the Pens, and i just don't see them being as strong this year and other teams improving over last year. Caps have done squat in the playoffs. My guess is Philly to the Cup finals. their team and style of play will match up the best against the West. My spoiler prediction though for the East is Tampa. If they play the Pens round 1, get the ball rolling and beat them i think they have a good shot.

As for the West, as a born and raised Wings fan, i just don't see them taking the West. Their play here lately has been sub-par and goaltending is an issue. I want Howard to do well and carry the team, but at the same time i doubt he would be a starter on almost any other NHL team out there. His numbers are decent because of who he plays for. It would not shock me at all to see Osgood step in during the playoffs and lead the team like he has before.

I think Vancouver has to be the favorites to take the cup. Potent offense, great D, solid goaltending, physical, and they have played great all year especially down the stretch, all solid making for a legit run at the cup. My West spoiler would have been the Kings, but with injuries i just don't see that happening. So the new spoiler...Anaheim. But i think if they made a run it wouldn't surprise anyone.
I'm just here to look cool...

www.angrysnowboarder.com
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2011 at 9:08am
I don't see Vancouver making it out of the west.  Malhotra was a big loss. Luongo only plays well for Team Canada.  they have 3 of their top 6 out with injury.  Sedin twins are good, but playoff hockey is a totally different brand.  on top of that, you put the Canucks in the Central or Pacific (read: not playing the Avs and Oilers 6x each) and I think their record would be very different. 

I'd club a baby seal at a PETA meeting for the Sharks to win it all, but the road out of the west will be hell and will be very tough to beat after coming through the Campbell Conference. 
-zakk

lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2011 at 9:09am
Stars post-season hopes still alive after beating the Ducks..4 games left..hope they make it..
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2011 at 9:12am
also, in hockey related news:

The Boreal Ice Bears are your 2010-11 GFYracing.com Fantasy Hockey Leauge Champions.  Some deft drafts and trades by their smart...NAY! Brilliant GM zakk secured the Goatse Trophy for a 2nd consecutive year.  Winning the final week by a score of 8-2 only exemplified the Ice Bears dominance as they rolled into the playoffs with the #2 overall seed and #1 in the GFY Whales! Conference. 

in short: i'm the best FHL GM ever!

-zakk

zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2011 at 9:14am
Originally posted by lightning80

Stars post-season hopes still alive after beating the Ducks..4 games left..hope they make it..

I want the entire Pacific Conference in.  that would be awesome since the Sharks kick ass against any team in their division and 2) would show the depth of the division and what it means to win it.

that said, as I posted before, there have been some real battles in the Pacific and I don't see one of us coming out alive.
-zakk

zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2011 at 9:54am
big night tonight

caps and flyers battle for the 1 seed in the east and possible clinching of respective division titles tonight
coyote, kings, and predator fans will be all rooting for the blues tonight to beat the starts to help their teams clinch playoff spots

its going to be an awesome night of hockey

Borsa View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Borsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2011 at 1:59pm
Last home game for the Pens.  Jersey off their back night.  Wish I had tickets.  I still probly wouldn't have won.  Plus there are still the playoffs. 
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2011 at 5:13am
nice win last night in shootouts for the caps, taking back 1st in the east with the flyers lost and congrats to ovie for getting his 300th goal...will be interesting to see who gets the atlantic division title with the flyers playing poor and the pens heating up

Dallas's hopes stay alive with a win...can they steal the last spot from last years champs
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2011 at 7:15am
Super happy to see the Leafs officially eliminated (for the 6th year straight) from the playoffs.  It's fantastic and great ammo against all of the Leafs fans around me.  

And the fact they now own the longest cup drought in the league doesn't hurt eithe.r
kirkalicious View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kirkalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2011 at 7:56am
Hoping to see the Stars go further
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2011 at 8:02am
Holy hell the Flyers suck more than I thought!  You know how long ago Hextall retired and they still haven't been able to replace him. 

That organization couldn't develop a goaltender if all the cheese steak sammiches in the world was on the line. 
-zakk

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2011 at 9:18am
Originally posted by kirkalicious

Hoping to see the Stars go further

+1
wechter View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote wechter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2011 at 3:14pm
Wings clinched 20th straight playoff appearance the other day. No other team in any sport is close to that streak right now.
Borsa View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Borsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2011 at 3:58pm
Pens a point behind the Flyers!  What an exciting race for the DIVISION!  Looking forward to the last few games in the season.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2011 at 9:45pm
i'm seeing the ducks play the kings at honda center this friday...should be really sick.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 4:25am
Originally posted by timpiper

i'm seeing the ducks play the kings at honda center this friday...should be really sick.

should be an excellent game, although it sucks a bit that Anze is out for the Kings.  

California has 3 great teams battling it out right now, I'm liking the rivalry.  It will be even cooler if the first round is San Jose vs the Ducks.  Corey Perry is killing it right now along with Getzlaf and Bobby Ryan.

Philly looking shaky going into the playoffs, they better watch out for all 3 of the teams down there that could finish 8th (Rangers, Canes, Sabres).

Boston vs Montreal will be a kickass first round if it stays that way, I can't wait.
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 7:10am
^^ yea i think tonight is gonna be a nice taste of how philly will play come playoffs, if they actually show up and win tonight they might be ok for the playoffs but if they lose to buffalo tonight they will lose the division to the pens and will get knocked out first round, esp with the flyers losing 13 of their last 18 games

not to mention if the phillys dont win tonight the caps clinch first in the east, which would be awesome!
wpiass View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote wpiass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 7:14am
Originally posted by richardvoyageur

should be an excellent game, although it sucks a bit that Anze is out for the Kings.  

California has 3 great teams battling it out right now, I'm liking the rivalry.  It will be even cooler if the first round is San Jose vs the Ducks.  Corey Perry is killing it right now along with Getzlaf and Bobby Ryan.

Philly looking shaky going into the playoffs, they better watch out for all 3 of the teams down there that could finish 8th (Rangers, Canes, Sabres).

Boston vs Montreal will be a kickass first round if it stays that way, I can't wait.

people are goin nuts here in SJ over the sharks vs. ducks game!
be talkin to ya
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 7:45am
The Stars post-season hopes took a hit with the Ducks win... Blackhawks need to loose..
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 10:28am
Originally posted by wpiass

Originally posted by richardvoyageur

people are goin nuts here in SJ over the sharks vs. ducks game!

It's interesting to hear that people actually do, in fact, somewhat, sometimes, watch and enjoy hockey south of the border, and especially in California.  I think all 3 of those teams are very exciting to watch (even though I don't see them play much up here in the NE division).

My questions on those teams are: 

Will the Kings implode without Kopitar? 

Will Joe and friends finally break through and have a banner playoff year instead of bowing out when the going gets tough?  They need to outwork someone for a change.  Detroit is the posterchild for outworking someone, they just want it more....all the time.  

How long can C. Perry and crew keep up the ridiculous scoring frenzy they've been on right now?  It will be extremely difficult to stop the 3 of them, they are scoring almost at will.  Sharks better watch out if they play them first round.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 10:35am
oh man, if the sharks play the ducks first round it may add to their playoff disasters. i've actually been into hockey since i was little so even though i live down here in OC my first favorite team was the Sharks (i never liked the kings-even when they had gretzky) so i still have a soft spot for the sharks and it kills me how they play so well in the regular season and then just die out in the playoffs.
Spenser W. View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Spenser W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 10:42am

oh man, if the sharks play the ducks first round it may add to their playoff disasters. i've actually been into hockey since i was little so even though i live down here in OC my first favorite team was the Sharks (i never liked the kings-even when they had gretzky) so i still have a soft spot for the sharks and it kills me how they play so well in the regular season and then just die out in the playoffs.

The sharks were absolutely terrible last night.  I couldn't even watch it. 
2011 159 YES Typo II
2010 Triads
2011 Impreza
azngolfur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote azngolfur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Spenser W.

The sharks were absolutely terrible last night.  I couldn't even watch it. 

Seems like they are coasting for the rest of the season now that the #3 seed is locked up... evidenced by nittymaki in net instead of niemi. Not worried... I like this group more than the past Sharks group... they seem to be tougher and have better team chemistry
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 12:24pm
a bad loss will wake the Sharks up.  it came at the perfect time with 2 games to go.  I have been sacrificing chickens to help heal Scotty Nichol but it seems his shoulder is immune to my religious sacrifices.  One more tonight then I'm out.  We really need that little ball of hate bad, the PK is sucking ballz since he got hurt. 
-zakk

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 12:44pm
The league really needs to ditch the OT point cuz it makes it too hard for teams to make a big jump in the standings. Yes i'm a leafs fan and I never expected them to make the playoffs even before the season started. But they should get rid of the 1 pt for Ot so that teams will play for the win instead. NHL should adopt the MLB and NBA format. It would make things so much more interesting down the stretch.
wechter View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote wechter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 4:52pm
I don't think teams are playing to go into OT. Why wouldn't they go for the win and get 2 points?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2011 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Von44

The league really needs to ditch the OT point cuz it makes it too hard for teams to make a big jump in the standings. Yes i'm a leafs fan and I never expected them to make the playoffs even before the season started. But they should get rid of the 1 pt for Ot so that teams will play for the win instead. NHL should adopt the MLB and NBA format. It would make things so much more interesting down the stretch.

Have you not been watching the fantastic playoff contention battles that have been going on for 2 weeks?  Both the east and the west are super competitive between 6-9th place right now with very few points between them all.

Just another Leafs fan crying about teams winning above them.  Try winning in November or January.

/hate Leafs fans, somehow even more than Habs fans
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2011 at 11:25pm
I sat three rows back from the boards tonight at honda center and watched a great ducks-kings game. super stoked with the result and happy that selanne (one of my all time favorite players) scored two goals)-the atmosphere was playoff level intensity from the crowd especially.
bugsbunnymydad View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Quote bugsbunnymydad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2011 at 12:42am

I sat three rows back from the boards tonight at honda center and watched a great ducks-kings game. super stoked with the result and happy that selanne (one of my all time favorite players) scored two goals)-the atmosphere was playoff level intensity from the crowd especially.

I streamed the game and yea, it was a pretty good game with the crowd REALLY into it. The kings played like crap though. Their powerplay was horrendous ugh.

But really happy for the finnish flash! He's one of the few old school guys left. Crazy pop for him at the end when they announced the 3 stars.

Kinda nuts how Perry couldn't get an empty netter though! Great blocked shot by the kings D and then a shot just wide. I was pretty happy though. Canucks fan here so I was pretty worried about Perry catching up to daniel for the art ross. It can still happen but PROBABLY not...tough to score against the kings.  Hope I didn't just jinx it haha.

Hart is definitely going to be between daniel, perry, and thomas. (Stamkos faded late and st-louis isn't that great IMO) I'll be happy with any of the above 3 getting it. They all deserve it.
Borsa View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Borsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2011 at 6:38am
Pens and Flyers tied in first place, and both secure home ice first rounds.  Its heating up.  A lot of other close races around the NHL.  Sabres def needed that win last night against the Flyers to stay in the hunt for a playoff spot.
SnapShot View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote SnapShot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2011 at 9:19am
Go Pens, home ice!!   Great game last night.
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2011 at 10:42am
happy the caps clinched the 1st spot and that carolina controls their destiny...should be an awesome finish tonight to see if Carolina can beat Tampa tonight to get in the playoffs...at least i know the caps are playing either Carolina or NY in the first round
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2011 at 5:42pm
I'm actually hoping Boston doesn't move up to the #2 spot so they can hammer the Habs into submission.  Also, playing against Ryan Miller is to be avoided at any time as he can shut you down hardcore.

How about Tim Thomas posting the best save percentage of ALL TIME this year?  Sweet!
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2011 at 5:12pm
season is finally wrapped up...cant wait for wednesday for the first game for the Caps, hope they can finish the Rangers in a sweep but it will be a very tough series, the Rangers always cause trouble...hopefully Green will be back since we are still without Wideman

the Bruins/Habs matchup is gonna be awesome and so should the Sharks/Kings matchup
love the NHL playoffs
wechter View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote wechter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2011 at 5:23pm
Blackhawks squeak in today after Dallas lost.  But now they are matched with with the Canucks .  Should be an amazing set of playoffs this year with how close everything has been.
krisshono View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote krisshono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2011 at 5:26pm
Blackhawks! barely making it today, they got vancouver covered no problem
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2011 at 5:32pm
nice how the Wild knocked out the team that left the city all those years ago. 

Zakk's predictions:

Blackhawks in 6
Sharks in 5
Phoenix in 7
Preds in 6

Washington in 6
Buffalo in 7
Boston in 5
Tampa in 7
-zakk

wechter View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote wechter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2011 at 7:05pm
Ouch.. Phoenix in 7?  Wings have been playing poorly lately but showed some life today over Chicago.  Hopefully Zetterberg will be off the injured list and ready to go this week.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2011 at 7:21pm
i'm so amped for the playoffs. is there anything better than playoff hockey??
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 6:15am

i'm so amped for the playoffs. is there anything better than playoff hockey??

no.  nothing.  except two chicks at the same time WITH playoff hockey on the TV.  that's the only thing better. 

-zakk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 54>