Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roommate wanted in Tahoe for 10/11 season
    Posted: Oct/20/2010 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by greenmnmsi

how the hell can u guys do this? Do u work while you r there?

live cheap, work, save enough money to not need to work for 6 months and enjoy your life.
probo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2010 at 12:13pm
a whole season in tahoe would be sick as but i dont think i could ever afford $500 a month plus utilities and pass and food
BudAshes View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2010 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by rzero

live cheap, work, save enough money to not need to work for 6 months and enjoy your life.

or just buy some hot coffee somewhere, pour it on yourself, then sue.
Rexyb1213 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2010 at 12:30pm

EXACTLY will! And I restate, we are looking to work at a resort while there...

I'm fun sized!
Rexyb1213 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2010 at 4:31am
Originally posted by hana24

Originally posted by MiguelMas

I will come crash, but rent? Nah.

me too...I will come crash

hana come for the whole season!!! Smile

I'm fun sized!
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2010 at 5:28am

i've looked into this... you really need about $7500 to do this.  

$500 a month rent = $3000
$1000 for a season pass
$200 a month food = $1200
$200 a month BOOZE = $1200
$200 a month utilities/phone/internet/etc. = $1200

however, it really is for people who are younger with no obligations... if I left for 6 months, I'd still have mortgage payments, property taxes, etc.  
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2010 at 5:32am
Originally posted by mech9t5

i've looked into this... you really need about $8100 to do this.  

$1000 for a season pass
$100 a month MJ = $600

however, it really is for people who are younger with no obligations... if I left for 6 months, I'd still have mortgage payments, property taxes, etc.  

fixed
MOAR powderz plz!
ShredbettyZoe View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2010 at 5:42am
good thing the strippers are free cause you'd be living with them, you save a lot of money right there
Rexyb1213 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2010 at 5:44am

$1000 for a season pass

First off, there is no way I eat $200 worth of food a month. Secondly, I can forgo all booze all season long to make this happen. Third, we're not getting amenities such as phone or cable. Fourth, if you're working at a resort you get a season pass.

I'm fun sized!
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2010 at 6:01am
Originally posted by Rexyb1213

First off, there is no way I eat $200 worth of food a month. Secondly, I can forgo all booze all season long to make this happen. Third, we're not getting amenities such as phone or cable. Fourth, if you're working at a resort you get a season pass.

HA!  I'll believe that when me crap turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert!
MOAR powderz plz!
Rexyb1213 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2010 at 6:29am
Originally posted by MTpow

HA!  I'll believe that when me crap turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert!

Oh, it can be done. I actually don't bring that much. Wink

mmmm sherbert! Dead

I'm fun sized!
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2010 at 6:43am

$1000 for a season pass

I'm gonna have to disagree with your numbers mech..you're spot on about the rent costs yes. But a season pass to northstar is only $400 bucks. The price of food and booze is really irrelevant, because I have to eat and get drunk regardless of what city I'm living in. The cost of utilities is also split several ways, (some homes even don't charge for them) and the only one we really *need* is internet. For what its worth, I'll still have mortgage payments and property taxes waiting for me back at home too. But I look at it this way, the cost of renting a cabin easily beats getting a hotel each time I want to go ride for multiple days, plus I get to have it all season long. Not to mention, I've got good friends there as well. Big smile
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2010 at 7:08am

Originally posted by hana24

Originally posted by MiguelMas

I will come crash, but rent? Nah.

me too...I will come crash

hana come for the whole season!!! Smile

I wish I could for the whole season, I know next season is when I'll be doing the whole live at the resort for a whole 6 months.
andreww View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2010 at 7:14am
I wish I can be young enough to plan and do something like this!
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2010 at 7:48am
Originally posted by giftedhands

$1000 for a season pass

I'm gonna have to disagree with your numbers mech..you're spot on about the rent costs yes. But a season pass to northstar is only $400 bucks. The price of food and booze is really irrelevant, because I have to eat and get drunk regardless of what city I'm living in. The cost of utilities is also split several ways, (some homes even don't charge for them) and the only one we really *need* is internet. For what its worth, I'll still have mortgage payments and property taxes waiting for me back at home too. But I look at it this way, the cost of renting a cabin easily beats getting a hotel each time I want to go ride for multiple days, plus I get to have it all season long. Not to mention, I've got good friends there as well. Big smile

Just because you "have to eat anyway" doesn't mean it isn't going to cost money.  The purpose of the numbers is to create a budget in order to manage cash flow.  Especially... for the people who said they need to save up and are quitting their job.  What happens when you run out of money cause you didn't take into account food?  Remember, when planning these things... always make sure you do it based on cash flow.  

In terms of utilities and stuff... you are looking at it from the point of view where you'll be spending a weekend or a few days there.  these people are looking to be there 6 months full time.  I'm sure they will have a cellphone, internet, and possibly TV.  Cellphone can easily be $50 or more a month, internet and TV $150 or $37.50 split 4 ways.   That's almost $100 a month.   Again, remember you need to think about cash flow and these people are quitting their job to do this. 

Regarding the season pass... I have not been to tahoe but here are the prices I found on the net...  if there are "local" deals, so be it.  But again, for budgeting purposes, you don't do it based on the lowest you can find.

Alpine Meadows $800
Heavenly $630
Kirkwood $570
Sierra $800
Squaw Valley $1000 - $2000
Mt Rose $700
Northstar $800

Edit:  Just for perspective... I'm from Canada and Whistler is $1350 before Nov and $1700 after that PLUS taxes.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2010 at 7:59am

$1000 for a season pass

I live on my own and I easily spend $500 to $600 a month on food.  I agree if you eat KD every meal and drink water, you can do it for less than $200.  But really, $50 a week (or $7 a day) for food is already VERY tight.  That means eating out at all for 6 months, etc.  

No booze and not going out for 6 months?  $200 a month is really "entertainment" money... It is certainly possible to do nothing but stay in for 6 months... but I wouldn't budget for that.

Cable maybe... but cellphone?  I would find it extremely hard to cancel my cell phone...  Internet is a must...

Last, I agree the season pass can be had if you work at the resort... but you said you don't care if you get a job or not.  So, from a budget perspective, I would think you need to make sure you have enough money to cover the season pass if you don't get a job.

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear back from you guys after 6 months to see how much you actually spent.
Rexyb1213 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2010 at 9:42am

$1000 for a season pass

I live on my own and I easily spend $500 to $600 a month on food.  I agree if you eat KD every meal and drink water, you can do it for less than $200.  But really, $50 a week (or $7 a day) for food is already VERY tight.  That means eating out at all for 6 months, etc.  

No booze and not going out for 6 months?  $200 a month is really "entertainment" money... It is certainly possible to do nothing but stay in for 6 months... but I wouldn't budget for that.

Cable maybe... but cellphone?  I would find it extremely hard to cancel my cell phone...  Internet is a must...

Last, I agree the season pass can be had if you work at the resort... but you said you don't care if you get a job or not.  So, from a budget perspective, I would think you need to make sure you have enough money to cover the season pass if you don't get a job.

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear back from you guys after 6 months to see how much you actually spent.

I've lived on my own for awhile and spend about $20-$30 a week, if that, on food. It usually goes towards veggies, fruits, cereal, pasta, rice, bread, peanut butter, milk, and occasionally meat. I dont snack on things like chips and soda and all that other junk. And I also hate eating out. Keep in mind I'm not a 200lb guy here.

Again, I have no problem giving up booze to make this happen. Sure, if I'm working and have an income I will definitely go out here and there. If this is something I have to give up though it doesn't bother me in the least. I would rather forgo 'entertainment' and be able to shred everyday all season long.

Cable...I don't even have cable right now and I never watch regular tv anyway. Besides, 1/2 the stuff you can find streaming online or just download. Cell phone is $20 a month right now for me and I plan to just keep it the same.

And lastly, the season pass. We'll see what happens there as far as jobs go, but again $400-$700 (depending on the pass you get and which resort) is not a lot when divided out over all season.

Star

I'm fun sized!
Rexyb1213 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2010 at 9:46am

Again, remember you need to think about cash flow and these people are quitting their job to do this.

No one is quitting their job... Nyle will be working his normal job during this time. Right now I do web design and work remotely anyway. I just want a job at a resort for the pass and because, what the hell why not...something to do.

I'm fun sized!
E13 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2010 at 10:34am
I think you all need to keep acknowledging that this isn't going to work for some reason in some way shape or form. No matter what you say.
First of all, I don't even like you. Second of all, I don't even drink...
Rexyb1213 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2010 at 10:37am
haters! Wink
I'm fun sized!
unyinknight View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2010 at 11:49am
living in tahoe is cheap. i get 300 everyweek and have my own apartment at 600 a month.
plus my sierra pass is only 230...last year it came out to under 5 dollars everyday i spent on the mountain. (i eat out for lunch almost everyday and drink out every so often). more power to you if you live up here!!
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2010 at 12:34pm

Just because you "have to eat anyway" doesn't mean it isn't going to cost money.  The purpose of the numbers is to create a budget in order to manage cash flow.  Especially... for the people who said they need to save up and are quitting their job.  What happens when you run out of money cause you didn't take into account food?  Remember, when planning these things... always make sure you do it based on cash flow.  

In terms of utilities and stuff... you are looking at it from the point of view where you'll be spending a weekend or a few days there.  these people are looking to be there 6 months full time.  I'm sure they will have a cellphone, internet, and possibly TV.  Cellphone can easily be $50 or more a month, internet and TV $150 or $37.50 split 4 ways.   That's almost $100 a month.   Again, remember you need to think about cash flow and these people are quitting their job to do this. 

Regarding the season pass... I have not been to tahoe but here are the prices I found on the net...  if there are "local" deals, so be it.  But again, for budgeting purposes, you don't do it based on the lowest you can find.

Alpine Meadows $800
Heavenly $630
Kirkwood $570
Sierra $800
Squaw Valley $1000 - $2000
Mt Rose $700
Northstar $800

Edit:  Just for perspective... I'm from Canada and Whistler is $1350 before Nov and $1700 after that PLUS taxes.

In regards to the season passes, you're looking at the most expensive passes for those resorts, which are basically them charging you ahead of time for the blackout days. There aren't local deals, there are just several different prices for season passes to the same resort. $400 bucks will get you a full season pass to Northstar and Sierra at Tahoe, minus the blackout days. And anybody who's ridden tahoe will tell you, you don't wanna be there on those days anyhow, as its overrun with people. 

I guess the larger point, is that this is something I do not need to budget for. I can easily afford to live in San Jose, keep a tahoe cabin, eat, drink, snowboard and be merry. I can understand how it could seem like a lot, but it isn't to me. (no snark intended.) 
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 7:02am
this is seriously tempting
kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 7:42am
I like how ppl are trying to school you guys on your spending habits... cause of course they know better than you! LOL

Love what you guys are doing...
chinobiz19 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Go State!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 7:48am
You are my hero (all of you)

If you do end up doing a pseudo hostel, i would totally rent (in the form of alcohol and food if need be) for a few days from ya guys! Plan on going Feb-March-ish.   I unfortunatly have to deal with the Chicago winter this year. 
yuhui View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 8:06am
Originally posted by elmers_cow

reading this makes me want to quit my life during the snow season and live at a park =)

There are these guys in japan that quits there work as soon as snow season comes around. They work enough during the off season to pay for a season pass and enough for gas and food to last them through the season. They live in there vans that have a mattress and mini sink in them. All they do is eat sleep and snowboard!

I remember watching this one vid on youtube interviewing a couple of them, can't find it though.
ha quit your life
i want to do this so bad, but i have schoolConfused it will definatly happen after i graduate
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 8:17am
I give this a less than 10% chance of actually happening.  Just sayin....
www.chargeharder.com
mattaleao View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 8:18am
Originally posted by BRUIZZA

I give this a less than 10% chance of actually happening.  Just sayin....
I'm just here for the titties
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 8:20am
Thats actually awesome, because i was JUST wondering what mattaleo thought of my plans for winter. 

Thank you, now i can sleep at night.
mattaleao View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 8:22am

Thats actually awesome, because i was JUST wondering what mattaleo thought of my plans for winter. 

Thank you, now i can sleep at night.

You know you'll actually have to pay the rent, right? Not just crash in peoples bedrooms..

Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 8:25am
is that how it works? tell me more mattaleo.. enlighten me about this process. i'll wait. 
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 8:27am
Originally posted by unyinknight

living in tahoe is cheap. i get 300 everyweek and have my own apartment at 600 a month.
plus my sierra pass is only 230...last year it came out to under 5 dollars everyday i spent on the mountain. (i eat out for lunch almost everyday and drink out every so often). more power to you if you live up here!!

$300 a week = $7200 over 6 months.  So am I really that far off?  

Maybe I should say explicitly that I made a ROUGH ESTIMATE.  But I guess when I said ABOUT $7500, I didn't realize, the internets applied a very tight margin for error.

And, @gifted, I get that you don't need to budget... ok.  My original post was quoting someone who said they would NOT WORK for 6 months.  In that case, it would be important to know how much the total costs are.  Further, under this scenario, I would need to worry about a mortgage and other expenses before I could quit my job.  I could easily double $7500 to $15000.
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 8:34am
mech9t5 you didn't know the internet is serious bidness?
www.chargeharder.com
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 8:40am
Originally posted by BRUIZZA

mech9t5 you didn't know the internet is serious bidness?

no.... i thought the internets were full of nice people who aren't overly sensitive or take things the wrong way and above all everyone on the internets is who they say they are...

was I lied to????   
MiguelMas View Drop Down
Local
Local
Old man Migs

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 8:43am

Slim and none. SLIM AND NONE.

Scorer099 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 8:43am
Allow me to chime in here....

I have lived and worked in a resort town for almost two years now. This is essentially how it works (unless you are fortunate enough to have a full-time, year-round job)... You work November-April, have a month or two off for mud season, work May-August, have another month or two off for shoulder season, and then do it all again. You don't make a ton of money, enough to pay rent, eat food, and party a little.

To make this all happen you sacrifice many things. I haven't had TV almost the entire time i've been here. $19/ month gets you internet and there isn't anything on TV i can't see on the net.
I also go through periods of eating bare minimum foods. Lots of pasta, rice, pork (it's cheap), hamburger, hot dogs/brats, etc. If you are spending $500-600 a month on food for yourself your either going out to eat a ton, or you don't shop frugal. It's amazing how much food you can get for $50 a week if you shop smart. Cell phone is a must.

Resort towns don't generally have a malls or stuff like that, so being tempted by the convenience of shopping isn't really an issue. The only real "entertainment" money is going to the bars. Again, if you know where to go on certain nights that doesn't have to be a very expensive activity. A big key to saving money there is to drink before going out. Splitting a 30 rack of PBR with your buddies is a huge money saver when wanting to get your drink on. Or a handle of Svdeka is $20, and that will last for a weekend at least by yourself. Buying one handle of Svedka each weekend only comes out to be about $80/month. Oh, another good tip is to take the bottle in the car and just go out to the car when you need a drink.

A season pass, even at a $1000, is pretty cheap when you break it down to days ridden. If i had paid a grand for my pass last year it would have cam out to less than $6/day (167 days), in the end i'm not complaining about $6/day, but i will complain about $1000 up front. For reference, the Epic Pass is around $600 depending when you buy it, at that price my cost per day was about $3.50/day.  Now the best way to get a pass is to work for the resort in some capacty, but even some jobs in towns will offer some sort of pass incetive for working.

Here's my breakdown:
Rent: $670 (util. included)
Food: $250/month during summer, less during winter due to being able to eat at work
"Entertainment": 200/month (includes dinners/lunches out, party life, etc...)
Pass: Free
Gas: 30-50/month
TOTAL: About 1,170/month
And that's not even living at the least means possible either. I could easily cut from my entertainment budget and possibly even food.

In the end, it really isn't that expensive to live the resort town life, you just have to sacrifice some of the luxuries you may be accustomed too, which is hard at first but you quickly understand and adapt. After awhile you don't miss those extra luxuries and realize you were wasting money before just because you could afford to.
I'm just here to look cool...

www.angrysnowboarder.com
MiguelMas View Drop Down
Local
Local
Old man Migs

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 8:50am

HOLY BALLS. Scorer poasted and wasnt a complete dick for once!

ALL GROWNZ UP.
mattaleao View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Scorer099

Don't forget about the monthly penicillin shot.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Scorer099

Here's my breakdown:
Rent: $670 (util. included)
Food: $250/month during summer, less during winter due to being able to eat at work
"Entertainment": 200/month (includes dinners/lunches out, party life, etc...)
Pass: Free
Gas: 30-50/month
And that's not even living at the least means possible either. I could easily cut from my entertainment budget and possibly even food.

Re: my $500-600 a month on food.  Yes, I put that as an example of my CURRENT spend but in my budget if I were to quit my job is $200 a month.  So I agree that $500-600 is a lot on food by myself.  I make decent coin so I don't shop frugally.

Bottom line - $1170 a month = $7020 over 6 months and you haven't included your season pass cost.  Assuming you had to pay for a season pass (even at $400), that is $7420.

Thanks for confirming my quick --- rough estimate --- is actually pretty good.
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 9:05am
@ mech - i guess here's my confusion.. is $7500 for living expenses over 6 months and a seasons worth of snowboarding really considered a lot of money? It seems well worth it to me, and the people i plan on sharing a cabin with. And apologies if anything i wrote came off snarky to you man, i really wasnt goin for that at all.  

@ matt - if you don't have anything to contribute to this thread, gtfo.
mattaleao View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 9:12am

LOL
mattaleao View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 9:14am
omgz spamd!

Can we spam miguel's post about scorer? Because I don't believe that contributed anything, per your "strict participation rules for my public post on the internet"

Scorer099 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 9:16am
Originally posted by mattaleao

omgz spamd!

Can we spam miguel's post about scorer? Because I don't believe that contributed anything, per your "strict participation rules for my public post on the internet"

I'm just here to look cool...

www.angrysnowboarder.com
MiguelMas View Drop Down
Local
Local
Old man Migs

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 9:18am
Hey my poast about scorer was one of utter and complete astonishment.
I am so proud of him. You cant just SPAM that!

Anyways I think yer all dicks.
mattaleao View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 9:18am
^ JR, can you please refrain from straying from the topic at hand? If you don't have anything relevant to say, please GTFO of this thread.

RideTimeless View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 9:25am
Is that yellow jello with radish's cut up into flowers?

From a contribution perspective, eating spam is a good way to save money.  Corned beef and  potatos...top ramen.  Yummm...spamusbi...

Also, if somehow you can figure it out...if somebody has a Verizon phone with data, they can use that as a wireless hub as a 3G hotspot....oh hell...I just effed up my idea.  Because that means that person who owns the phone would have to leave their phone at home.

Sorry, just throwing out money saving ideas.

Did you google it?
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 9:32am
200 bucks a month for groceries is a lot for on person... i usually do about 120 a month and eat really well
richardvoyageur View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 9:53am
$500-600 a month for one person is absolutely ridiculous.  My wife and I eat well and only spend about $100 a week for both of us.  Home cooked meals every night with meat almost every night (pork, beef, fish, chicken, turkey).

Even so, it's weird how people are trying to bring you guys down.  The plan sounds amazing and if it was 10 years ago I might have taken you up on it!

$7500 for 6 months of living it up is not a lot of money.
MiguelMas View Drop Down
Local
Local
Old man Migs

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 9:55am
Do you know how much Tahoe Ramen you can get for 100 bucks?

A LOT.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 9:57am

@ mech - i guess here's my confusion.. is $7500 for living expenses over 6 months and a seasons worth of snowboarding really considered a lot of money? It seems well worth it to me, and the people i plan on sharing a cabin with. And apologies if anything i wrote came off snarky to you man, i really wasnt goin for that at all.  

i didn't say it wasn't worth it.  I was just putting a number out there especially if others were considering doing this.   

I am fully prepared to spend money to go shredding.  However, if I quit my job for 6 months, my concern is the uncertainty and time required to find another job that is equivalent to the one I left.  Also, I have financial obligations to my family which I feel I need to continue to provide.

Since March 2010 to July 2011, I have done, and will do, a total of 5 trips (Whistler Mar 2010, Mammoth Dec 2010, Chile Sept 2010, Japan Feb 2011, Argentina Jul 2011) and it will cost me more than $10,000 total.  This does not include what I will be paying to go up to the local hill this season...  Add to that the $1300 or so I already spent since Mar on gear... I definitely don't have a problem spending money to go shredding.  

If I knew 100% that I could take leave for 6 months and a job would be waiting for me when I got back, I would do it for sure.  Realistically, and I'm not trying to be snarky either, I make much more than $7500 in 1 month so the cost is not the reason why I can't do it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>