Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: International Customers
    Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 3:00pm
I know not everyone is going to care, but to save other international customers from having to troll through the forums to find what they want to know i created this thread

Key information we will need to know:

International Shipping Restrictions:
Orders shipped internationally have a Maximum merchandise sub-total amount of $1200.00, or a maximum purchase limit of 10 items per order.
We cannot ship these Brands Internationally:
32, Analog, Anon, Burton, Forum, Foursquare, Gravis, Gnu, K2, Lib Tech, Liquid Force, Line, Oakley, Red, Ride, Roxy, Special Blend, Vans, Volkl.

** special note to our AU customers ** if you keep your order under $1000 AUD you will have little to no custom duties to pay

http://www.trusnow.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16803

Shipping rates are still awesome as before, but there appears to be no free shipping for orders over $500.

bugsbunnymydad View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2010 at 3:16pm
Are those the only brands that aren't restricted? That's not as bad as I thought. I would've thought salomon and nitro and others would be restricted as well.

Suggestion - Make a filter option to filter out restricted shipping brands. No hurry though. I know the site has tons of other bugs and errors to fix first.

Edit -

I was messing around adding different products to the shopping cart to check out the shipping costs. It's definitely better than most if not all the other snowboard e-tailers out there. No free shipping means no more spur of the moment purchases for me.... that's a good thing I guess.Cry
joelpaton View Drop Down
Local
Local
Mt. Buller (Aus)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2010 at 12:12am
Aww man that sucks no analog to Australia! That's all I buy!
kamilo311 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2010 at 12:24am
It is very bad information. I do not understand why last year they enabled the sending of these brands to Europe and now in trusnow or the house did not give conditions for the preservation of this condition ... I think the truesnow falls off a lot of international buyers
gody View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2010 at 12:37am
The guys are going to get more Sierra Brand stuff happening in the future. As the Sierra stuff is made by the big names, but with the Sierra Branding, they can be shipped internationally. No problems.

Lets hope they get some cool stuff in the Sierra range.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2010 at 12:40am
i assume you missed the 6 or so months of discussions about it :)

This time last year in fact there WERE brand restrictions. Very much the same ones you see right now in fact. It was only for a small 6 month period between march and september that the brand restrictions dropped, and only because burton and sierra were very much in disagreement about the direction of the industry. Six months later sierra filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy, and were it not for a purchase agreement from the house this site (and this forum youre posting in) would be a broken link.

Vendor agreements are being obeyed, and part of that is export restrictions. if you dont like it then either find an alternative route of importing snowboards to europe, or better yet support the companies that dont have those specific restrictions in place! :D
m00m
da640 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2010 at 12:43am
Sweet, there are plenty of brands we can still buy. Most of those brands I have never bought before so it doesnt matter. Also shipping is actually cheaper for some things to australia than it was before.

Also these new prices are still half the price of what RRP is in aus. Look likes ill be getting some more bonfire gear.
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2010 at 12:45am
the selection is a lot bigger...i guess we will have to get used to non massive deals
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2010 at 12:54am
Also consider that you wouldnt even have been seeing burton, k2, ride, and likely lib/gnu on this website just two months ago. So if you were logging into sierrasnowboard for the first time since april or may, congrats! they actually have ride's 2011 gear in stock! you just need to find a way to get it to your house is all.

And anyway, all i want is bataleon so have a care at poor me who cant even order it here let alone sneakily ship the damn thing :(
m00m
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2010 at 1:45am
Ok.... i thought most people would be happy to see that there so few brands on this list. i mean take out Burton and all affiliated brands and in reality there are half a dozen brands at best.

Plus some of the popular great quality brands are not on this list..

- Rome
- Rossignol
- Flow
- Nitro
- Palmer
- Capita
- DC
- Union

need i go on?

Seems to me that clearly some people have obviously missed what has happened over the last 6 months and think that BURTON and it's affiliated companies are the ONLY snowboarding products companies in the world.

To those people, I bid you farewell and wish you all the best.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2010 at 1:55am
lol, i just got kicked in the nuts :) No korea on the shipping list :p
m00m
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2010 at 1:57am
:) uhoh
citac View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2010 at 2:02am
did you copy this from the 2008 thread ???? winze
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2010 at 2:46am
Originally posted by citac

did you copy this from the 2008 thread ???? winze

Yes because it was updated when the changeover to Trusnow occured to reflect the current position :)
catau View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2010 at 3:42am
Unfortunately i want to see just one brand at sierra...wich is never summer :(. It's worth every penny and this will be a major breakthrough.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2010 at 4:16am
Never say never, but NeverSummer stated a few years back that online etailers (aside backcountry, i dunno), are inimical to their business and cause harm to the local stores that have backed them from day 1. You more than likely wont be seeing them here anytime in the foreseeable future.
m00m
shop_42752 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2010 at 11:51pm
You can find some Never Summer bargains in Australia on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320606306929&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2010 at 11:58pm
does that constitute a bargain? Its $850!!! And thats the US price according to coinmill right now! If thats a bargain, australians are getting shafted.

actually, just went to backcountry just to check like, and its $539 new, and $114 for shipping to australia. It doesnt have a brand restriction. Seriouslym, in what way is that board even remotely a bargain. Its bloody extortion if you ask me.
m00m
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2010 at 12:10am
Wow... i saw the First post by the Op, read through and yay :D 686, Rome, Flow, Smith and Dakine arn't on there. 
Then Winze comes along and ruins everything for me... D:
Really would of liked 686 to ship internationally... pity.  
If only Queensland had snow...
Aos View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2010 at 12:11am
This should be stickied! 
xcell1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2010 at 12:32am
This sucks, No more shoes for me
kamilo311 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2010 at 12:39am
Originally posted by gody

The guys are going to get more Sierra Brand stuff happening in the future. As the Sierra stuff is made by the big names, but with the Sierra Branding, they can be shipped internationally. No problems.

Lets hope they get some cool stuff in the Sierra range.
Yes, for sure, so I can´t wait for a new stuff from sierra. But I need Burton bindings and in Czech republic is so expensive, so I have another way, how to get my things from sierra to me, without VAT and etc...Bit still, too many brands are restricted, maybe in a future tru snow broken that restrictions
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2010 at 12:45am
not very likely at all (in fact i will stick my neck out and say it will NEVER happen so long as they are trying to make a successful company). Your best bet is to break those agreements yourself via proxy mail forwarders or of course try and find them second hand in your domestic market. No vendor in the US is going to ship burton right now outside of the US. The collapse of sierra was pretty much a warning shot to a lot of retailers who may have remotely considered it.
m00m
citac View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2010 at 12:55am
@Koji3 686 is on the list for international shipping +
- Rome
- Rossignol
- Flow
- Nitro
- Palmer
- Capita
- DC
- Union
so looks like your dreams are coming true.
kamilo311 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2010 at 1:21am
Yeah, I haven´t many options, how to these get to CZ. I thought, it won´t never be like before that 6 or 7 months, unfortunately...One thing, I tried to order burton bindings yesterday and each product showed me that it is not available. Do you know why? It is confused for me, they don´t show additional 10% sale for me, don´t know why...
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2010 at 1:22am
Originally posted by kamilo311

Yeah, I haven´t many options, how to these get to CZ. I thought, it won´t never be like before that 6 or 7 months, unfortunately...One thing, I tried to order burton bindings yesterday and each product showed me that it is not available. Do you know why? It is confused for me, they don´t show additional 10% sale for me, don´t know why...

Yup so many brands are able to be shipped i see no issues, people who only know of Burton & Co are crying though. So much great quality stuff that is shipping internationally, well done on making that happen Trusnow :)
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2010 at 1:29am
It wont be available to be shipped outside of the US. You *CAN* insert a US shipping address whilst also having a czech billing address (this is a really big concession thats often overlooked). A <cough> side effect <cough> of this is that you can order stuff and have it sent to a proxxy mail forwarder in the US.

They will then receive the item, check it, and then send it on to the address you gave them in the czech republic. But they will charge you quite a lot to ship it there (a snowboard costs about $120-140 US and bindings wont be much cheaper in truth). remember that compared to the US, Euro prices arent that high (unlike in australia or japan), so truth is you'll probably find it cheaper buying from somewhere like ebay in germany for brand restricted products.
m00m
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2010 at 2:41am
hey iipolite, Never Summer is on backcountry's restricted list, which is why i wasnt able to buy one from their site and get it shipped to Oz!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2010 at 2:43am
http://sales.liveperson.net/hc/s-9551721/cmd/kbresource/kb-3327822675347292505/view_question!PAGETYPE?sp=94&sf=101133&documentid=239527&action=view&VisitorProfile=BCS&MESSAGEVAR!home=no&MESSAGEVAR!cookie=no
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2010 at 3:03am
so it is. Guess theyll just have to stump up for proxxy forwarding. Whats that? 120 per deck? thats what ive had to pay for the last two decks to ship to korea... almost same as backcountrys (rather expensive by the way) shipping it seems :)

Either way, thats now a $200 markup, are you really really sure thats a bargain mate? Im sorry to seem like a jerk, but you cant call $850 on a $530 deck a bargain (650 plus shipping (with no import duty to pay). Youre using that word in a way thats frankly the inverse of how its intended to be used.
m00m
kamilo311 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2010 at 5:05am
Originally posted by winze

Originally posted by kamilo311

Yup so many brands are able to be shipped i see no issues, people who only know of Burton & Co are crying though. So much great quality stuff that is shipping internationally, well done on making that happen Trusnow :)
I never said that I know only Burton company or cry for it. I am saying due to one reason, I have Burton SNB and I need Burton bindings, who fits only with Burton products...
Charb View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2010 at 5:20am
it's actually a pretty cool thread.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2010 at 6:13am
weird question, but any NZers with a trademe account? Theres a dude selling a deck i want (well actually hes not selling it right now, hes listed it twice and failed), i want him to sell it to me, but i need his email. Trademe wont let me join (i tried joining with fake address but they didnt have any of it). If you can do a teensy bit of snooping for his deets, can you tell me, and ill pm you the info :)

Cheers. Sounds skullduggerous i know, but i really do want the damn thing. Wonder how much shipping a deck to korea from NZ is gonna cost? Cant even proxxy the thing :/ This may all be pie in teh sky. :)
m00m
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2010 at 5:23pm
ps. is trademe in NZ dollars? Because if it is, i wont shaft some dude, but i promise you right now theres a ridiculous bargain on there.
m00m
slipnslide View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2010 at 1:58am
Hey is it that they're definitely not doing the $500 free international thing, or just that they haven't set it up yet?
will_mcc1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2010 at 2:05am
I would cream myself a thousand times if Never Summer got added to the stock list
 Post Reply Post Reply