TruSnow Member Points Program!!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 101112

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TruSnow Member Points Program!!
    Posted: Nov/14/2014 at 3:43am
Planning for my japan trip is well underway. 
4 days in Hakuba, might get a heli ski in if my mates good enough by then, 7 days in Nozawa and then 5 days in tokyo. Woo~~
If only Queensland had snow...
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2014 at 4:51am
Originally posted by lightning80

wow..both AMY and CTOMA are on page 1!

Yeah, it appears so.  I don't post as much as I used to but still enjoy reading many of the forums.

Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2014 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by ctoma

wow..both AMY and CTOMA are on page 1!

Yeah, it appears so.  I don't post as much as I used to but still enjoy reading many of the forums.

We've even been deprived of Ctoma's MS masterpieces.  Cry
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2014 at 7:35pm
So I'm pretty sure I posted in the Random thread but it posted it here... 
If only Queensland had snow...
shop_59985 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shop_59985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2015 at 10:39pm
I just reached 3,000 points!  It doesn't let you get new bindings + you have to pay shipping. Only lets you buy previous years' stuff. UGH!Cry
shop_59985 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shop_59985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2015 at 10:41pm
What a joke...Confused
JoeyGlazer View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2015 at 5:58am
Originally posted by shop_59985

I just reached 3,000 points!  It doesn't let you get new bindings + you have to pay shipping. Only lets you buy previous years' stuff. UGH!Cry

It has always been that way, for the free goggles (1500 points) and bindings (3000 points) you have to select previous season's gear.  Did you really think they were going to give you this season's gear for free?  And did you think you wouldn't have to pay shipping?  C'mon now... getting a pair of last season's binding at the cost of shipping is a great deal.  If you don't like it don't use the coupon code.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2015 at 10:44am
here we go again...ppl complaining about getting something for free...yes, you have to pay shipping..and yes it's not current year stuff...but, you're paying less than $20 for something that would cost up to $250.. That's like $230 free money. Ppl are complaining about getting $230....seriously...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2015 at 11:28am
^

/* start sarcasm */

Hey, it said FREE, I want FREE bindings.  FREE means no cost, no charge, no money outta my pocket!!!

/* end sarcasm */

Yeah, people will complain about the silliest things.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2015 at 2:29pm
To be fair: my complaint wasn't about getting free goodies... it was the poor service/not telling us the whole story aspect of it. Wink
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2015 at 2:39pm
^ I agree, if they can clarify what you can get for free..what qualifies and whatnot..it would be much better.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2015 at 5:11pm
^ and ^^ Okay, I can go along with that, especially after my free goggles fiasco which dragged on for 2 months.  It would be good to know which goggles (or bindings) are eligible because I was selecting goggles that did not have the 2015 tag on them and the coupon did not work.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2015 at 7:23am
This is the second thread right now actively saying "what can i get??"

HINT HINT TS!!  Let's have an explanation post!
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2015 at 9:23am
^ actually, the explanation shouldn't be hidden in a post, but should be on the points page. and the same info should be in the msg they send with the coupon codes.
EpicFAIL View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote EpicFAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2015 at 1:36pm
I believe it should be on the member page, the page that explains what you get by being a member. A little asterisk and tiny print that explains something... I am no where near but kind of near getting bindings and would like to have an idea.
Nickaledoe View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Nickaledoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2015 at 7:55pm
It could increase the amount of people that apply for accounts.
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2015 at 12:21pm
Just logged in and instantly received my coupon, always been this way so I dunno how some people don't receive their coupon instantly too because it seems automated to me.  LOL
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2015 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Just logged in and instantly received my coupon, always been this way so I dunno how some people don't receive their coupon instantly too because it seems automated to me.  LOL

Congrats on getting 10K pts! What board are you getting?
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2015 at 2:28pm

Thanks!  I'm probably going to look for a board for my sister-in-law since she doesn't have one yet since she went once for the first time last year.  I'll pick whichever board that's in stock for her size, maybe even go youth size if all of the women sizes are too big.  LOL
sixpoint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2015 at 2:41pm
Coupons are hit and miss.  I got 3000 points last yr.  Messed around on the phone w allie & george for a couple weeks. No luck : (

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2015 at 2:44pm

Thanks!  I'm probably going to look for a board for my sister-in-law since she doesn't have one yet since she went once for the first time last year.  I'll pick whichever board that's in stock for her size, maybe even go youth size if all of the women sizes are too big.  LOL

Your sister-in-law is a midget too? Tongue
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2015 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by sixpoint

Coupons are hit and miss.  I got 3000 points last yr.  Messed around on the phone w allie & george for a couple weeks. No luck : (

Then I must be really lucky each time.  LOL  I think right now to get your coupon would be the best time because now you can pick the latest previous year models.  From my experience of customer service from TS, it takes about 2 months before you get your answer after bugging them every couple of weeks.  LOL

@L80 She's a midget depending on whose definition of a midget.  She's still like a couple of inches taller than me but still under 5 ft.  LOL  
2zz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2015 at 5:51pm
I just passed 3k last week, as soon as I hit that magic number, I got the coupon message in my inbox immediately.

^AMY
I'm thinking about selling my Ride Canvas 144. Pm me if you're interested.
11 Rome Artifact Rocker 147 / 12 Signal Vita Rocker 147 / 11 Ride Canvas 144 / 12 CAPiTA Space Metal Fantasy 147 / 13 Union Rosa / 12 Burton Cartel Restricted.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2015 at 10:28am
144 is kind of big for under 5 feet...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2015 at 10:36am

Angry has handled things larger than 144cm...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2015 at 10:37am
Originally posted by JoeyGlazer

Angry has handled things larger than 144cm...

lol. 144 might be taller than her...
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2015 at 11:35am
I can handle 144 easy~  Embarrassed  but for her, I think 135-141 is ideal.  LOL
humblerooster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2015 at 3:45pm
Reaching 3000 soon. Any recommendation for bindings? I like riding park and going fast.
2zz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2015 at 8:12pm
Thanks TS, I got my pair of binding today. Woohoo, is the Burton Cartels Restricted. Only took 5 business days. Thanks for the speedy service too.

^ AMY

Haha didn't mean to start that chain reaction.

^humblerooster

Is all preference. If you already have a pair, try to a pair with different flex. Congrats, have fun shopping.
11 Rome Artifact Rocker 147 / 12 Signal Vita Rocker 147 / 11 Ride Canvas 144 / 12 CAPiTA Space Metal Fantasy 147 / 13 Union Rosa / 12 Burton Cartel Restricted.
SnowDiesel View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SnowDiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2015 at 2:14pm
200ish points from reaching 1500 point level! I hope that I can get some like goggles
nuttynutz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nuttynutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2015 at 10:28am
is it possible to extend my voucher expire date?
Im from the UK, not really worth me posting it here.
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2015 at 11:31am
Originally posted by nuttynutz

You'll have to make the request via customer support but they'll extend it under special circumstance.  You'll never know until you try.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2015 at 11:41am
Originally posted by nuttynutz

I had many issues when attempting to use my free goggles code, TruSnow support staff were kind enough to extend it for me.  I bet if you ask nicely...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2015 at 11:43am

@L80 She's a midget depending on whose definition of a midget.  She's still like a couple of inches taller than me but still under 5 ft.  LOL  

Not sure how I missed this but AMY and her sis-in-law are both spinners.  Sweet.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2015 at 11:54am
Originally posted by JoeyGlazer

Not sure how I missed this but AMY and her sis-in-law are both spinners.  Sweet.

http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2014/07/24  LOL
nuttynutz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nuttynutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2015 at 1:35pm
thanks, I assume its the link at the bottom of the page under customer service - email us?
Nickaledoe View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Nickaledoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2015 at 3:17pm
I am soo far from the goggles. I cannot wait to get some. I have had mine for like 10 years lol.
Heathn0104 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Heathn0104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2015 at 3:21pm
its easy to get to ski bum level. but it'll take years of logging and reviewing and adding posts to get to expert or instructor or anything like that. so if i were any of ya, i'd just aim to the ski bum with extra 10% off and try not to hard to get the next level after that.
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2015 at 10:53am
Yes, it takes awhile to get to expert but if you're here for the community then it's not that hard to do.  Only took me 5 years, but time went by pretty fast and I'm still here.  LOL
humblerooster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2015 at 11:45am
Expert does take a long time, but instructor isn't too long. I enjoy contributing to the community and I'm close to instructor. Time flew by.
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2015 at 12:19pm
Actually now that I think about it, expert are few selected moderators and for instructor you need to be an instructor to qualify.  
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2015 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Heathn0104

its easy to get to ski bum level. but it'll take years of logging and reviewing and adding posts to get to expert or instructor or anything like that. so if i were any of ya, i'd just aim to the ski bum with extra 10% off and try not to hard to get the next level after that.

You're not setting your sights high enough.  If you actively participate in the forums (which doesn't mean posting bullshit like "lol", "i agree" or any other 1-5 words posts which will get hit by the SPAM hammer and you will lose those points) you will find you'll reach the 1,500 point level (free goggles) quickly.  And then before you know it you have reached the 3,000 point level (free bindings).  There are a lot of good, knowledgeable people here so my advice is stay active, participate and the points will take care of themselves.  I have just over 6,500 points and it only seems like yesterday the first time I logged into sierrasnowboards.com and posted my first message.

vicente View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote vicente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2015 at 6:26pm
Yep I just got my free bindings, pretty stoked on that, the free board is going to take a while though. 

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 4:39am
Originally posted by vicente

Yep I just got my free bindings, pretty stoked on that, the free board is going to take a while though. 

Hey vic, just curious, what bindings did you get?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 10:14am
The stretch between the free bindings and free board is the longest. You're an "instructor" after reaching 3000 pts. After you get 10,000 pts, you become a "board member" like AMY.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 10:17am
^ Board Member should include the ability to hit poor reviews and posts with the Spam hammer!!!

Wow, 10,000 points... I knew AMY was relentless and persistent but geez, that's a lotta points.
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 10:43am
^ We only signed up a day apart from each other, but you spent your days creeping and stalking instead of showering us with your magnificent MS Paint skills.  LOL

I think only expert and TS employees have the ability to use the spam hammer because I don't see that option showing up for me.  Cry
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 10:52am
Wow..between ctoma, AMY and me...only a week separate the time we signed up..3/10/10 for me, 3/16/10 for AMY, and 3/17/10 for ctoma. i was the first to signup, but i have the least posts and points...shame on me Tongue
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 11:10am

Wow..between ctoma, AMY and me...only a week separate the time we signed up..3/10/10 for me, 3/16/10 for AMY, and 3/17/10 for ctoma.

I knew the three of us were tied together in some odd, unique way... well, other than that one sweaty night we spent together in Shreveport...

VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 12:14pm
I don't remember, but was there a point limit on comments back in the day? Right now you can get up to 5 points for posting comments. Also a lot of people might have gotten the points from the merchandise they purchased.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112