Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 12>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dougfagel View Drop Down
Educator
Educator
Instructing How to Douglas!!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dougfagel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TruSnow Member Points Program!!
    Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 10:45am

We have stepped up the points program for TruSnow!!

Your daily login earns you two points*, forum posts, that are more than just a few words, earn you points, quality Product Reviews earn you five points as well as an extra point for reviews that are recognized as being helpful!!

For a limited time, all purchases will receive three points for every $10 increment of your purchase!!

We are currently developing a member specific shopping area of the site to easily find the products that are discounted with your member discount!!

*Log out and log back in to TruSnow to make sure your login points are being earned with the new sites programming. This only needs to be done once.

RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 10:47am
The member discount area sounds great!

robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 10:55am
cool
matt1606 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote matt1606 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 10:59am
thats so much better! more points help too!
elmers_cow View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote elmers_cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 11:04am
best part is the section of items that we know our discounts will work on. could we get some sort of time-line as to when this section will come out? I regret not buying some union contacts with sierra... o well, there goes an extra 15 bucks haha. Also, I'm digging the 2 points a day log in! hhaha im pretty close to getting some goggles.

I may hussy points, but I don't do it carelessly! I actually put thought into my posts-- no matter how stupid they may seem...
let it snow
determined View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote determined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 11:10am
Nice, liking the new program it looks like an upgrade. Thumbs Up I don't this will appease the people who hate the "spam" though. Maybe add more points for less posts? So that will reduce the number of "spam" posts to 3 instead 5. ex. Forum Participation 2 points max 6 points daily.

A revising to the people expert members/staff who have the right to lock or spam stamp a thread/post would be nice. Something like a comment box to enter a reason for why they locked/stamped and also the name of the person who locked/stamped their thread.

Lately it just seems they are a bit overzealous to me.

Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 11:13am
Now that it's easier to get more points, maybe the whining will stop.
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
fishkur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote fishkur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 11:13am
Yikes...I can't believe max reviews/day was increased.

Not sure if this is feasible but could reviews be...umm...reviewed before they are posted and points awarded?
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 11:14am
See people you just have to be patient.  Sierra always took care of us and TruSnow is obviously doing the same thing!  When something as big as a merger of this magnitude takes place there are always some issues to work out.  So get out there and make some meaningful posts and quality reviews!
www.chargeharder.com
snow4life View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my sexy bike

Quote snow4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 11:14am
i havent gotten points for a like week for logging in... will it be added on? or no? im just wondering. not that big of a deal
shakazulu12:(2:15PM) Nyle (Giftedhands) gets really big and turns green when angry.

BAAHAhahahahha
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 11:14am
Originally posted by fishkur

Not sure if this is feasible but could reviews be...umm...reviewed before they are posted and points awarded?

It would be nice to see this, but who would be reviewing all the zillions of reviews?
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Superorb

Originally posted by fishkur

It would be nice to see this, but who would be reviewing all the zillions of reviews?

I nominate you as the official reviewer Tongue  But flagging bad reviews should be made easier
ivanlancaster View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ivanlancaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 11:16am
Maybe it could be a system where if enough people say the review is unhelpful then it gets removed or even flagged for removal?
nuttynutz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote nuttynutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 11:17am
nice to see the point scheme has been kept and improved.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 11:23am
Originally posted by snow4life

i havent gotten points for a like week for logging in... will it be added on? or no? im just wondering. not that big of a deal

I am sure they have a whole team working on this in fact they have them working in shifts.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 11:23am
Originally posted by hana24

I nominate you as the official reviewer Tongue  But flagging bad reviews should be made easier

LOL  No way Jose!

Originally posted by ivanlancaster

Maybe it could be a system where if enough people say the review is unhelpful then it gets removed or even flagged for removal?

This is a great idea. After a review is flagged unhelpful 5+ times (or whatever number) it could be reviewed by staff for content.
Snow Day Colorado

Jer85 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Jer85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 11:32am
I wouldn't worry about it. My points were just updated today and I'm sure yours will be too. Probably will take some time though; there are a LOT of ppl on here to update pts for.
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 11:38am

That system is already in place.  It takes either 5 or 10 flags from members or 1 flag from staff or expert member for them to be removed.  Once you have 10 reviews removed you can no longer review.  Feel free to PM me or any of the expert members with a link to crappy reviews.
www.chargeharder.com
fostpaint View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote fostpaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 11:39am

That's already in place. Staff and Experts can also flag a review without it being voted down by the community. To be honest, very few reviews get "voted down" unless there's one of those public lynching threads that get put up from time to time to call out the bad reviewers. 
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 11:40am
Originally posted by fostpaint

That's already in place. Staff and Experts can also flag a review without it being voted down by the community. To be honest, very few reviews get "voted down" unless there's one of those public lynching threads that get put up from time to time to call out the bad reviewers. 

I like that thread LOL  But I wish it'll be easier to flag for us ordinary folks
jjang1294 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjang1294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 11:53am
Nice!! I do like the changes...but it doesn't seem like people will stop making the one sentence posts or reviews that are basically pointless to the discussion. It also seems too easy for people to just write fake reviews. I'm just putting it out there...not complaining. And it would be nice to have a link to the merchandise that our member discounts can be applied to. Everything seems to be a move in the right direction. All the company has to do now is be competitive with prices compared to the other online snowboarding sites. I'm still finding a lot of merchandise that is cheaper elsewhere.
Charb View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Charb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 12:05pm
very cool guys, great job!
shupafat View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote shupafat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 12:08pm
Wow, new program looks top notch.  With the old system attaining anything beyond the 2nd level seemed impossible to me.  Thanks for making things alot more feasible Clap
klutzycurtis View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote klutzycurtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 12:31pm
I like the new system. I think keeping the reviews the same, being able to flag them, worked out quite well, when I go through products I can actually see meaningful posts, as opposed to just "Well, it looks cool" and then listing the features under the description. 

The member's area should be sweet, and, as my dad would say, "Are there members only jackets?"
Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by fostpaint

Can't beat a good ol' public lynching.  We'll have to come up with a solid derogatory slur for bad reviewers now.
http://thench.com/garage/
greenmnmsi View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Ride wit me

Quote greenmnmsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 12:42pm
hmmm...so rewards redemption is still the same? free goods at levels? Why is only sertain stuff valid for the discount?
Jogol View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jogol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 12:56pm
A heart for public lynching...

Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 12:59pm
I like the increase in purchase points but an increase in points for reviews is no bueno.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
The_Guchi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote The_Guchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 1:01pm
^^^ that makes more sense
mattaleao View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?

Quote mattaleao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by BRUIZZA

See people you just have to be patient.  Sierra always took care of us and TruSnow is obviously doing the same thing!  When something as big as a merger of this magnitude takes place there are always some issues to work out.  So get out there and make some meaningful posts and quality reviews!

VOM
I'm just here for the titties
snowboard6 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote snowboard6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 2:35pm
what do you get for 100 points?
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 2:38pm
Ruh-roh!
m00m
dlaw View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote dlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by snowboard6

what do you get for 100 points?

Nothing.  All the details about the Member Program can be found at the bottom of the site, there's a "Members Points" link.

prshredd View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote prshredd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 2:48pm
great thing for all the members plus it keeps people interested in the community
pucktowake View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Winter

Quote pucktowake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 2:58pm
I am excited for the new points! People might actually give real posts not just stupid posts to get points
BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 3:02pm
so. are the points rewards still the same?
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 3:04pm
yess! member area discount. would make more sense. if you dont mind, another possible improvement would be remove oos items from the list. ive been lookign at goggle, and its really been pissing me off
bonkfisher5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Stepchild Chi Borg

Quote bonkfisher5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 3:15pm
The member discount category sounds awesome.  How long will it be 3points/$10?
Crushing the whistler bike park! Check it out! http://www.pinkbike.com/video/215809/
austenersc12 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
He is Man.

Quote austenersc12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 4:14pm
ok, trusnow just earned themselves a lot more cool points
tishaoz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tishaoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 5:21pm
Doug!!! The new point structure is awesome!!! But please tell the programmers to finish implementing the code for it!!!

This site is awesome, I have just joined but the community is really cool and addictive. Thanks for all the great ideas and for listening to the crowd!
Ruberduky9 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Ruberduky9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 5:21pm
I definitely appreciate the extra point for the login and reviews. When will the Member Discount Section be up? They should also remove the the language on the site that says 10% off of any purchase because it is not that way anymore. I really can't wait to see TruSnow after the merger is complete and its running at full speed.
alphaod View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote alphaod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 5:22pm
Good to know the new points system is even better.
-= alphaod =-
Current setups~
US: 12 Burton Vapor 159, 12 Burton Fishcuit 150, 12 Burton Diode EST
China: 13 Burton Custom X 158, 14 Cloudsplitter 158.3, 14 Burton Genesis EST
goshreddewd View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote goshreddewd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 5:28pm
Is it possible for them to forget updating some people's points then never doing it?
dougfagel View Drop Down
Educator
Educator
Instructing How to Douglas!!

Quote dougfagel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by goshreddewd

Is it possible for them to forget updating some people's points then never doing it?

What do you mean? Send me a PM and I am happy to help you out.
ianbejamin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ianbejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 5:37pm
I'm already addicted to sierra but i guess the extra point is a day is pretty cool! Thanks guys!
gnolgnol View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
JacksonHole

Quote gnolgnol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 5:43pm

How come i can't get member additional discount on new item & burton item??Confused

fostpaint View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote fostpaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by gnolgnol

How come i can't get member additional discount on new item & burton item??Confused

Restrictions from the manufacturers. Burton doesn't allow any additional discounts beyond what is permitted in their vendor agreements. I assume much the same for new products with other vendors
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 6:00pm

Some items don't qualify for the member discounts. This is just the way it is.
Snow Day Colorado

gsrrr View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
shred ze gnar

Quote gsrrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 6:12pm

Did we really need you to repeat what frost said/type 15 minutes earlier?
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by gsrrr

Did we really need you to repeat what frost said/type 15 minutes earlier?

Wait wait wait, we don't get discounts on burton? LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>