TruSnow Member Points Program!!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 12>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dicken_huang View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dicken_huang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TruSnow Member Points Program!!
    Posted: Oct/28/2010 at 8:55pm
I love the new program, more point means more discount.
CheckOnTrips View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote CheckOnTrips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2010 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by humdingaling

Originally posted by ippollite

[lecture]
- Before you even attempt to submit a review, stop. Are you making the review to score points? You are doing it wrong. If you have something to say about a product, say it. If you have nothing to say but you want some points, please stay the hell away from the review section. Its not a vending machine, you dont insert your time and get 5 points. If you make crap reviews we WILL flag them and more than likely you will lose the ability to make reviews in the future. You dont want that, nor does trusnow, so only review stuff if you have something worth saying.
[/lecture]

Just remove the points for reviews altogether imo

the people who sincerly review for the fact of informing people will still review the items regardless (well i think they would Smile, i would)

anyways thats my 2cents

This x 10.

People will still review products no matter what.  Eliminating points for reviews will drastically cut down on the useless ones.  I wont EVER consult this webiste anymore for gear reviews.  Ive seen far too many garbage reviews that have diluted the good information.  Its very clear that people lie about owning/using gear in order to get points.
citac View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote citac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2010 at 9:05pm
There should be no points given for posting reviews.
humdingaling View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2010 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by ippollite

Nah, they cant, its good for business at the end of the day, and if done right its a genuinely good source of info. Take me for instance, im suddenly being asked questions like "which should i buy, the morrow OOO or the ltd OOO?" Now i know nothing about either, so in this utopia ive fabricated in my head, i can just run to the reviews section, see what you guys all have to say about those decks, and derive from it a sense of what those boards are for, how good they are at that task, and whether the person reviewing them feels theyre worth the cash. I can then have a look at the tech and see if anything jumps out that helps the person get a little something extra for their trouble and give them a 'reasonably' sense of which one would be more suited to the person asking.

Thats the ideal. As it currently stands though im left rummaging around the net desperately trying to eek out some kind of info thats not just the same product description over and over and over again.

I want the reviews to be successful because in truth it often helps me advise you. But i need decent genuine reviews to do that :)

its a good system, but i wish people would make a teensy bit more effort and remember that all they need to do is make three decent reviews per day and they just went up 20 points (plus 2 for login). Thats a lucrative 140 points a week, or
600 points a month. Saying that though, if youre making 90 reviews a month, unless youre shay or angry, im probably flagging you. :)

before the points were added to reviews i took the reviews with a grain of salt
now i need a bag of salt everytime 

dont get me wrong, im all for the idea of reviews giving value added information
i think its a great idea when used properly.

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side..
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2010 at 9:32pm
yeah, believe me we (as in teh entire community who dont spam reviews) know. The two months leading up to the sale were terrible. There were only a few people with the power to flag alongside a mad scramble of people suddenly trying to score free gear/discounts before the sale went through. In truth we honestly couldnt keep up, and since most of us just figured the points system would be dead soon enough anyway, so we took our eyes off it. In a sense then we were kinda responsible for a lot of the crap.

It didnt help of course, that the flagging system is a little cumbersome as it stands. I think one of the things that might be nice is a much faster way to flag items direct from the main menu. As it stands, you find their review, then go to their profile, then go to their read reviews section, then you go to the button that says "read all reviews", and then you get the list in full, plus the flag :)its a bit of a lengthy process if im honest and could definitely do with being streamlined.

(you can of course click on the item and hope that the persons review is near the top of the list - it doesnt automatically go to their review, you have to find it on the page - but back in teh day, if you tried to find someones review on something like the reverse crew, it was genuinely a needle in a haystack).

I think everybody recognises there is an issue of legitimacy, everyone seems to be working hard to think of new ways to try and bring back that feel to the section. Obviously one of the big things thats been done is re-motivating expert members and staff alike to sit about in the forums making sure the points system isnt being abused. Of course that doesnt stop the crap which made its way through in that period, but once we get on top of the stuff coming through, we'll start looking through it and weeding out the rubbish.

On top of that there are other policies coming through, though we dont know what they are, bru hinted that there will be guidelines in making reviews and it will help us make much more consistent decisions. Hopefully with the extra points will come a raising of the bar somewhat.

I think the philosophy is this: the business wants to encourage you to make legit reviews so are giving you more points to do it. This will be the carrot. But they are also looking at ways which will make add legitimacy to the system and give people confidence that what theyre reading is both sound and genuinely helpful advice. so far the stick consists of more expert members logging in and checking out the reviews as theyre posted. Hopefully there are other systems planned to make it more convenient for us to flag items. I think this will definitely help us get a handle on the worthless garbage in there.

Its a slow process, but i think most of the people who can flag realise its crucial to keep that place legit if ONLY for the sake of the business. Right now its not as good as we'd all want it to be (its actually useless if im honest, i genuinely share your exact opinion on the matter, id trust about 10-15% of reviews in there and only because i know the people making those reviews couldnt give a crap about points and just want to help inform everyone).

But lets try to not write it off yet. I say try (i wrote it off rather vocally less than a month ago :)). I think with a lot more people around flagging things, we'll get back control of the place and whats more, the 5 points will have people taking the time to make genuinely informative reviews. At least, thats what we all hope. I honestly dont trust it as it stands, but i have a feeling we have started to halt some of the BS. If we get a few more tools, i reckon we'll see the section become the exact resource it was intended to be :)
m00m
Capicu View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Capicu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 5:11am
sorry if this is answered somewhere in the long thread above, but if only 10-15% of reviews are "valid" (yes, criteria for that should be established), will all the junk be deleted?

what if TS could make some sort of "Verified Review" a la Twitter (http://support.twitter.com/articles/119135-about-verified-accounts). Twitter used this to distinguish real people, often celebs, from random people posing as them.

this would put the onus on the TS staff/experts to verify reviews, but it would at least give a little bit of breathing room to said staff. Users would know that if something is not verified, to take it with a grain of salt.

thoughts?

kudos to everyone working hard to make this site better and better
BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 5:15am
not sure if this was answered. but do the point rewards stay the same. like 1500 is still goggles orr?
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 6:56am
I know Amazon sticks a notice "Verified Owner" so those that have purchased the item from Sierra, or Trusnow now, would be automatically more credible since we know for a fact that they actually own the item they're reviewing.

I don't think there should be points for reviews, because right now as it stands people have no motivation to be honest, so why will they.
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
julkydean View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote julkydean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 10:46am
I think the new points programs is awesome! I really hope we get a nice selection on the members area! We should support True Snow no matter what, the stronger the brand gets the more they will be able to do for us member! Thumbs Up
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 11:11am

i'm automatically logged in when i come to the site..to get my daily log in 2 pts, i have to log out and log back in...can that be fixed so i don't have to that?

Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 11:16am
Originally posted by lightning80

i'm automatically logged in when i come to the site..to get my daily log in 2 pts, i have to log out and log back in...can that be fixed so i don't have to that?

It's been like this since I've joined, but I always forget to log out/in so I don't worry about it.
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
determined View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote determined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 11:17am
Originally posted by BoxStomper

not sure if this was answered. but do the point rewards stay the same. like 1500 is still goggles orr?

My next reward still says goggles so i think they are staying the same. I don't see the click-able link on the upper right corner anymore though. That link had all the info on rewards and stuff.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 11:19am
Originally posted by determined

My next reward still says goggles so i think they are staying the same. I don't see the click-able link on the upper right corner anymore. That link had all the info on rewards and stuff.

In the page footer, under Customer service click on member points.
Snow Day Colorado

BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 11:25am
yeah. it says what it used to say. just not sure if they are going to change. orr. if that isnt correct. im glad its staying the same though.
dougfagel View Drop Down
Educator
Educator
Instructing How to Douglas!!

Quote dougfagel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 11:27am

You just have to log out and log back in to make sure the daily points are activated with your browser.

After that you can go back to your standard automatic login. 

No fix needed.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 11:29am
Originally posted by dougfagel

You just have to log out and log back in to make sure the daily points are activated with your browser.

After that you can go back to your standard automatic login. 

No fix needed.

I started logging out/in when I read your thread on resetting your account and it doesn't do the daily login point automatically.  It's not a PITA, but if it's supposed to be doing it there's something wrong.
Snow Day Colorado

elmers_cow View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote elmers_cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 12:29pm
Could you give us some sort of idea what items will be placed into the member discount area? Any new 2011 gear? Will certain brands be allowed to have discounts like the remaining brands that sierra had before turning into trusnow? I want to know!!!! Also, release the sierrascope already I cannot wait any longer--season is going to start soon!!!!!!!
let it snow
sopel10 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sopel10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 12:42pm
like the idea with a seperate section where the discounts apply, really don't feel like browsing through the whole website and being unsure about the price
Riceeboy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Riceeboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 12:45pm
The new member discount is great! Great strategy from Sierra/Trusnow and I'm sure this will encourage a lot of people to buy even more from the website. It is also great to know that the discount system is not removed from the transition
russradio View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote russradio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 6:56pm
YESSSSS!!! Im happy for the update. You can get 2 points for logging in plus you get 5 points per review. Awesome!
TeenieWahine View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote TeenieWahine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2010 at 7:35pm
LOVE discounts!!!!
slipnslide View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote slipnslide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2010 at 4:34am
Originally posted by TeenieWahine

LOVE discounts!!!!

Yeah, discounts are nice - but without reasonably priced international shipping, TruSierra's going to lose a lot of customers. Pretty much every single other etailer now has cheaper shipping for small items that TruSierra!
C2Marty View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote C2Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2010 at 5:03am
too bad the other day i went to make a purchase and it kept on blocking me out of check out.  
jeffalmonte89 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jeffalmonte89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2010 at 2:01pm
^^

Yeah, the same thing happened to me the other day. I was pretty bummed out too =(
andreww View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote andreww Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2010 at 2:07pm
Cool, more points!
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote winze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2010 at 11:19pm
love that you have kept the points system and worked on it. We all like getting benefits and free stuff (even if some people won't admit it heh). Any while not being essential every lil bit helps :)
Aos View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Aos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2010 at 12:32am
I was going to make a thread about this but Doug beat me to it! When I saw my points increase by 2 when I logged in I thought it was a mistake. So I went to the member points section and saw all the recent changes! I'm now wondering if I'm just getting points just to change my status from Ski Bum to Local.
jeffalmonte89 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jeffalmonte89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2010 at 3:49pm
^^

Yeah, that's how I found out about it. I logged in and I was like WTH!??! I got two points. At first I thought it was a glitch LOL
rquinn1017 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rquinn1017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2010 at 3:56pm
I keep mine so I am constantly logged on so in order for me to get points when I go to the site I have to log out and then log back in. It's not a big deal but it is just a bit annoying.
xi2typ3x View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xi2typ3x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2010 at 3:59pm
Loving the new program!! More involvement/commitment equals more savings! Gotta love it!
marksjersey66 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote marksjersey66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2010 at 5:45pm
sweet..  Those extra points are really going to add up fast.. They should have contests just for extra points, 
09 lib tech BANANA, custom detox bindings- 08 Burton Custom ICS-
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2010 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by marksjersey66

They should have contests just for extra points, 

Login points, posting points and review points aren't good enough for you?
Snow Day Colorado

thisisjoebro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2010 at 6:07pm
Idk man you its going to take a lot to get to 10000 points haha,
the more ways to get points the better.
i wish there was something in between 3000 and 10000 cause i think im gonna get discouraged when i pass 3000
rook View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2010 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by russradio

YESSSSS!!! Im happy for the update. You can get 2 points for logging in plus you get 5 points per review. Awesome!
Just make sure your reviews are quality, and helpful.  Shitty reviews help noone......
started by flossers making floss for flossers
squeezied View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote squeezied Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2010 at 6:26pm
Are the free $100 goggles when you reach 1500 points only valid for regular priced items up to $100 or can they also include sale items up to $100? i.e. a goggle on sale at $95 but a regular price of $110.
wdi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote wdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2010 at 6:34pm
The members specific shopping area sounds great - especially with all the added brands/products now.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2010 at 6:35pm
im pretty sure it goes by the current price. what happens is you get your coupon code, you choose your goggles, you input the code, it drops up to $100 off the goggles, and everyone is happy :)

And actually i kinda like the whole points for prizes. Since the system is almost entirely about keeping people here racking up points to spend on stuff, i reckon a weekly "5 best reviews" to reward people that actually bother would be a nice touch. Maybe throw them 100 points each. Maybe we can have a simultaneous "biggest waste of bandwidth" competition where the winner (loser), gets minus 300 points or something. Carrot/stick and all that :)
m00m
madnessman View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote madnessman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2010 at 6:42pm
Trusnow making it easier to get points (aka discounts)? Awesome! I expected the member discount change to be negative.

I like their ippollite's review utopia but it's definitely going to be a challenge for TruSnow to moderate the review section.

P.S. reviews are usually BS (even if the reviewer means well and is honestly trying to justify why he likes/dislikes a certain snowboard). Read the link below to learn about the introspection illusion.

http://youarenotsosmart.com/2010/05/26/the-perils-of-introspection/
squeezied View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote squeezied Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2010 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by slipnslide

Originally posted by TeenieWahine

LOVE discounts!!!!

Yeah, discounts are nice - but without reasonably priced international shipping, TruSierra's going to lose a lot of customers. Pretty much every single other etailer now has cheaper shipping for small items that TruSierra!

Yea I noticed that as well.  I live in Canada and last year I purchased a few items for $91 and paid $25 in shipping.  Now I was checking the shipping cost for a $40 item and it was $29.  Something's not right here.
Danie151 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Danie151 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2010 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by slipnslide

they might be losing intnl. orders but looking at where the members on this site live they really cater to the USA crowd...
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2010 at 7:07pm
yeah, i think thats pretty much the situation. They had to take a hit somewhere, and obviously it makes more sense for them to stay competitive in the US right now. I know that doesnt help us, but maybe in time once they have a foothold and the US market stabilises a bit for them, we'll get a bit more attention. I assume it will come, but just not until the end of the US season is all.
m00m
Myke_Hawke View Drop Down
Local
Local
My 2004 STi with 575 AWHP

Quote Myke_Hawke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 12:47am

yeah. it says what it used to say. just not sure if they are going to change. orr. if that isnt correct. im glad its staying the same though.

I was wondering this as well, will old "rewards" be kept the same?
Scotty
elmers_cow View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote elmers_cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 1:14am
Originally posted by squeezied

Are the free $100 goggles when you reach 1500 points only valid for regular priced items up to $100 or can they also include sale items up to $100? i.e. a goggle on sale at $95 but a regular price of $110.

you just got your shirt 60 points ago and you're already aiming for free goggles? haha! you will find out when you get to that point! Also, the whole site may change by then too-- so don't bet on anything. Just have fun and get involved with the awesome community!
let it snow
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 4:54am
Originally posted by elmers_cow

Originally posted by squeezied

you just got your shirt 60 points ago and you're already aiming for free goggles? haha! you will find out when you get to that point! Also, the whole site may change by then too-- so don't bet on anything. Just have fun and get involved with the awesome community!

it is 3 points per $10... he could be planning on spending like $4000 in the next few days...
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 7:16am
Originally posted by thisisjoebro

Idk man you its going to take a lot to get to 10000 points haha,
the more ways to get points the better.
i wish there was something in between 3000 and 10000 cause i think im gonna get discouraged when i pass 3000

The point isn't for everyone to get a free snowboard easily or they'd be out of business for real this time.

It took me 2 years to get to 1500 points, and I'm on the website several times a day.
Snow Day Colorado

Backside10 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Backside10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 1:51pm
I'm diggin the 2 points per day login, but sad that not every brand is included anymore.... Corporate America wins again.
Nitro Rook 156, Burton Cartels
yanwongrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote yanwongrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 3:56pm
when did they increase to 2 pts per day login?
KLiang07 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote KLiang07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 4:04pm
wow with the start of a new season along with the new gear, we are gonna see a lot of people gain a crapload of points. thanks trusnow!
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by yanwongrx

when did they increase to 2 pts per day login?
Read and you will find out.
ianbejamin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ianbejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 4:08pm
once you learn to read grasshopper, you will soon stop annoying everyone around you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>