THE WALKING DEAD

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 38>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE WALKING DEAD
    Posted: Oct/31/2010 at 2:02pm
Premieres tonight at 8:00 PM on AMC mountain time.  It's going to be awesome, don't miss it!
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 5:57am
Nobody else was looking forward to this?  Such a shame, it was great.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
kimchijajonshim View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Quote kimchijajonshim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 5:59am
Didn't realize it already came out.  The comic book it's based on is awesome.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
Daveongo View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Daveongo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 6:07am
what channel is it on? and who did the comic?
kimchijajonshim View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Quote kimchijajonshim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 6:09am
It's on AMC.  The original comic is by Robert Kirkland for Image Comics.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 6:23am
I'm pretty sure they will be playing re-runs all week, it was heavily advertised.  Definately worth a watch.
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 7:13am
watched this last night on accident, it is seriously awesome! never really been a fan of zombie flicks, but this one has some serious character. Will definitely be watching this all season long. It already got picked up for a second season, so good things are coming.
jason.huenefeld View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jason.huenefeld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 7:27am
i watched it last nite and it was awesome. i wanna know the budget that it has. the zombies were awesome looking. the tension during it was crazy awesome. that is even better that it got picked up already for a second season!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 7:32am
Originally posted by giftedhands

watched this last night on accident, it is seriously awesome! never really been a fan of zombie flicks, but this one has some serious character. Will definitely be watching this all season long. It already got picked up for a second season, so good things are coming.

I think people will be really surprised how character focused this is.  It's more like an end of the world survival situation and how humans adapt to that with zombie thrown into the background here or there.  I thought all the actors did great so far too, you totally believed that was Morgans wife and could feel how hard that decision was for him.
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 7:48am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

I think people will be really surprised how character focused this is.  It's more like an end of the world survival situation and how humans adapt to that with zombie thrown into the background here or there.  I thought all the actors did great so far too, you totally believed that was Morgans wife and could feel how hard that decision was for him.

Jeez that scene was intense. Definitely great acting. Now, i want to read the comic strip, but don't really want to bc im afraid i'm going to ruin the tv series for myself. It was really cool to see the actual streets and buildings of Atlanta in the scene as well, and there were some great shots that you could tell were taken straight out of the comic strip, ie him riding into Atlanta on a horse with the skyline in the distance. 

I thought the thing with his family is an interesting element added to the show, it makes it not completely about zombies, so im glad theres that. I watched some british zombie show about Big Brother + zombies too last night, and it was facking horrible. Walking Dead gets it right.

Sidenote, its funny that stories like these, can only exist in an alternate universe where the actual concept of zombies, has never even been introduced. 
Charb View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Charb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 8:29am
pls update if it's worth watching or not.
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 8:34am
doesn't this entire thread indicate that it is?
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 10:56am
AMC has sweet shows. Breaking Bad is prob my favorite. And who doesn't like zombies?
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
Stryker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Stryker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 11:00am
I find zombie movies so hard to watch.  They all move slow and I could get away if I were in a fat person motorized chair like they have in Walmart.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Stryker

I find zombie movies so hard to watch.  They all move slow and I could get away if I were in a fat person motorized chair like they have in Walmart.

"Alone they aren't much to worry about, but you get a pack of them, hungry, you better watch your ass!"
RideTimeless View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 11:24am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

Originally posted by Stryker

"Alone they aren't much to worry about, but you get a pack of them, hungry, you better watch your ass!"

Apparently you haven't seen Dawn of the Dead where they run after you.  Zombieland was a a fun Zombie movie, IMO.

I happened to watch it last night.  I think my friend told me the beginning was similar to 28 days later where the person wakes up in a hospital and everybody is dead.

But I do agree, the storyline at least from the 1st episode, provided enough material for me to watch the next episode.
Did you google it?
GUTH View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote GUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 12:05pm
saw the advertisements for it.. but ended up watching the worlds serise instead.  but will try to catch it.  It did look good. 

[adult swim bump]

*Insert Something Clever Here*
SimonKayaker View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Hope there not going to paddle it.

Quote SimonKayaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 12:14pm
Nah Zombie movies are the best ype of movies even though the same thing happens in pretty much all of them they're still a mean watch
Grinch View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Grinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 12:47pm
I watched it and it was awesome. I can't wait to see more.
pyrotechnics View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote pyrotechnics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 1:26pm
AMC was running pretty good classics for halloween. This one is good. Saw the preview of it.
tomek77pl View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote tomek77pl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 1:44pm
hopefully i wont forget and miss it
SirGounder View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SirGounder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 4:47pm
I was watching Swamp People and then this came on.  I thought it was a movie at first and then realized that it's the new series.  I wasn't able to watch the whole thing but what I saw was awesome.  
crispy5 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote crispy5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 10:14pm
I've been meaning to start reading the comic forever and just recently learned about the TV series.  I just watched it tonight.  Awesome.  I enjoyed the juxtaposition of the two decisions to kill the female zombies.  Happy to see Lennie James whose work on the short-lived TV series Jericho I enjoyed.

Interesting note... the creators shot all the blood and guts they wanted, intending to remove some for broadcast and saving the rest for DVD.  AMC never requested that they remove anything.

No matter where you go, there you are.
surgyon View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote surgyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 10:18pm
best show I've seen in awhile I hope this starts a trend of zombie TV show including zombie sitcoms ie 2 and a half zombies
tw0scoops View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote tw0scoops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 2:43am
By any chance do they have episodes on the web somewhere?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 8:52am
I'm sure the first episode is floating around on the torrent sites but I would be shocked if they don't replay it a couple times this week.
GUTH View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote GUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 9:08am
looks like they are only replaying it on friday this week.  I have it set to tape. 
*Insert Something Clever Here*
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 9:16am
I just read it beat every show other than Desperate Housewives on Sunday and got the best ratings for any AMC show ever.  Hopefully that means a second season will officially be greenlit.
elmers_cow View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote elmers_cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 9:24am
Don't think this movie was marketed very well. I just found out about this movie yesterday because of a youtube vid that was recommended to me. When I first saw it, I thought it was a movie that wasn't going to come out for a while-- low and behold, it already came out! I want to see it none the less.

Also really want to see 127 Hours
let it snow
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 9:32am
...this is a tv series
titanium_fiber View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote titanium_fiber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 9:32am
Originally posted by elmers_cow

Don't think this movie was marketed very well. I just found out about this movie yesterday because of a youtube vid that was recommended to me. When I first saw it, I thought it was a movie that wasn't going to come out for a while-- low and behold, it already came out! I want to see it none the less.Also really want to see 127 Hours

Really big fan of the comic. When I heard that they were making a series of this and that AMC was doing it I thought "AWESOME!"

Check out the comics if you have a chance. Glenn is my favorite character.
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 9:36am
was really debating if i wanted to watch this and now that i have only seen great hings on this thread, i am definitely gonna watch it later this week
UTEXASS View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote UTEXASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 9:56am
127 Hours has NOTHING to do with zombies. Stay on FCKING topic, damn this pisses me off. Don't type every little thought that comes to mind and stop point whoring douche.

Watched the series after I watched the effing Rangers lose, and was thoroughly impressed. I read the comic books a while back and hardly made the connection until I was actually watching the show. It's impressive how graphic and gore-y they were able to make it even for a TV show, because that's the only way you can demonstrate the horror of a true zombie apocalypse.    

The show does the comic justice, but the read is still better as always. Plus there are some good scenes that I doubt will make it on to television. It's a bit pricey though because it's not a typical comic book, it's more of a graphic book with quality print and there a quite a few of them. (The winter one in the estates = tits)
CHEAP CUSTOM DIECUTS ( STICKERS ) - HIT THAT PM
tk177 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tk177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 11:20am
I liked how the episode ended but there was a lot of talking at times.

I never read the comic but I hope the story and the action picks up.
BudAshes View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BudAshes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 11:30am
After watching the first episode I have to say this is the show I'm most excited about after a pilot episode since Lost(hopefully it won't end as terribly)
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 2:20am
Ok so i finally checked it out last night, this show is pretty awesome with an awesome storyline, has a lot of potential to get even better
the worst part of the show is its on AMC = 1000000x commercials even when its On Demand

madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 2:53am
im so stoked on this. first ep was killer. its just a shame the season is so short.
Rylander View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Woot!

Quote Rylander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 3:37am
<---- Instant Fanboy.

I couldnt believe how awesome it was but apparently I wasn't the only one to think so.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/celebritology/2010/11/amcs_walking_dead_does_it_meas.html

@Stryker - go watch 28 days later, zombies are not at all slow. They are as fast as can be. Essentially they are humans that have rabies and sell out, giving 120% on every chance they have to get some fresh meat.
Rylander
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 5:20am
Hmmmmm, I'm definately going to have to check this out. It won an award on the Scream Awards on Spike a few weeks ago, never even heard of it up until that point.
incompetentuser View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote incompetentuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 5:26am
Yeah there's been a lot of hype surrounding it so I'll be sure to check it out.
eldolocal68 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote eldolocal68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 6:06am
very inteterested now, seems to be rebroadcast on IFC too...got the DVR set. how many episodes have been shown? DVR only shows three, Days Gone By, Guts, and Tell it to the Frogs???? did i miss the premiere episode???
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 6:35am
this thread has convinced me to give it a try...my gf is a big fan of anything horror based and she loved the opener so here I go.
tk177 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tk177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 7:12am
Originally posted by eldolocal68

very inteterested now, seems to be rebroadcast on IFC too...got the DVR set. how many episodes have been shown? DVR only shows three, Days Gone By, Guts, and Tell it to the Frogs???? did i miss the premiere episode???

3 eps already?  I thought only 1 aired Confused
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 8:22am
gonna see if they have this On Demand for Fios, guess i could just DVR it also
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 5:34pm
just watched the first episode.  i liked it.  only one episode aired right?  i only found one episode on torrent sites.
crispy5 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote crispy5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by DCC

just watched the first episode.  i liked it.  only one episode aired right?  i only found one episode on torrent sites.

Yes, just the first episode has aired.  Here is a list of the 6 episodes for Season 1 with planned air dates - http://www.tv.com/the-walking-dead/show/78582/episode.html?tag=page_nav;episode

No matter where you go, there you are.
richardvoyageur View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 4:13am

I watched some british zombie show about Big Brother + zombies too last night, and it was facking horrible. Walking Dead gets it right.

You are definitely right about Dead Set (the british one).  The ending in particular was much too rushed in that show, ridiculous.  The Walking Dead after 90 minutes is already better than that entire 6 part series in my opinion.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 4:27am
Agreed on Dead Set as well, terrible ending.

I saw this playing on IFC last night (DirecTV) and it appears to be commercial free as well on that channel.
dirtysouth View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 5:21am
I accidentally watched the last 5 minutes of the first episode.  I need to go back and watch the beginning  because the last 5 minutes was bad ass.
fishkur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote fishkur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 7:48am
Originally posted by elmers_cow

Don't think this movie was marketed very well. I just found out about this movie yesterday because of a youtube vid that was recommended to me. When I first saw it, I thought it was a movie that wasn't going to come out for a while-- low and behold, it already came out! I want to see it none the less.

Also really want to see 127 Hours

It's amazing what you can learn when you spend time OFF the internet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 38>