THE WALKING DEAD

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 2122232425 38>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
richardvoyageur View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE WALKING DEAD
    Posted: Nov/22/2012 at 6:01am
Originally posted by whitetiger

Yeah, I think he means the brothers will not have a happy reunion. So how come no one is rejoicing that they found Carol alive?

Did you mean on the show or in this thread?  She is the most annoying character in the entire show, I would actually prefer if they killed her off.  But of course they didn't.

Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2012 at 7:06am
Yeah, cross bow guy is Daryl.  I actually found Lori to be more annoying than Carol.  Survival wise, Carol is more helpful than Lori as well.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2012 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Yeah, cross bow guy is Daryl.  I actually found Lori to be more annoying than Carol.  Survival wise, Carol is more helpful than Lori as well.  

Yeah they are the worst for sure.  One down, one to go.  TDog didn't annoy me, he was just a total non-factor to pretty much every episode.  Must have been pretty depressing for the actor.  His last show they give him a tiny bit of hope and then cut him down.
gunda pickle View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote gunda pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2012 at 8:58am
Originally posted by richardvoyageur

Yeah they are the worst for sure.  One down, one to go.  TDog didn't annoy me, he was just a total non-factor to pretty much every episode.  Must have been pretty depressing for the actor.  His last show they give him a tiny bit of hope and then cut him down.

They didn't even give him a bit Part on the phone fall.
whitetiger View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote whitetiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2012 at 10:51am
^Yeah, I felt sorry for the actor too, especially when they were interviewing him on the Talking Dead. Really, he was barely above an extra on the show for the whole run.
Sierraboarder4pow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Sierraboarder4pow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2012 at 11:06am
I liked Lori because she was really the only one left in the group who could semi-control Rick. I hope the new prisoners are developed more than Tdogg. Its interesting to see where the whole Woodbury plot goes
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2012 at 10:12pm
The fact that both groups are finally converging makes me super nervous.....excited for next episode!!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2012 at 7:02pm

Tdog needs his own character. He doesnt really have a set character on the show, but good for him not getting killed yet....haha
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
crispy5 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote crispy5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2012 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by jjfreak

Tdog needs his own character. He doesnt really have a set character on the show, but good for him not getting killed yet....haha

Are you watching the same show we are?

No matter where you go, there you are.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 3:23am
Originally posted by crispy5

shiet, was behind couple of weeks and saw this morning...he dead.....haha
why they gotta kill off the black dude of the group.....
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2012 at 9:13am

Originally posted by crispy5

shiet, was behind couple of weeks and saw this morning...he dead.....haha
why they gotta kill off the black dude of the group.....

I wouldn't go on this thread until you've caught up on everything yet hahah!

Yeah finally when Tdawg has some lines..he starts to become important...they kill him off.  Good thing they replaced him with another black dude...conveniently haha.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
lij1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lij1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2012 at 7:44am
he almost dies in the first season so, if they were gonna kill him, shoulda done it then
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2012 at 8:34am
I lost hope in Tdawg since the beginning when he kept on tripping all over himself, first with the key, then slipping and cutting his arm.  
woodhomie1996 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2012 at 10:07am
I liked Rick for awhile and then we was starting to lose it, i think Daryl is my favorite, doesn't say much but kicks-ass when he needs too
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2012 at 10:10am
Yeah, Daryl seems the most sane and yet caring at the same time even though he kicks ass.
matt227c View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote matt227c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2012 at 10:49am
I can't wait to see what happens with Daryl when he finds out his brothers alive though
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2012 at 10:56am

Yeah, Daryl seems the most sane and yet caring at the same time even though he kicks ass.

I totally agree. Daryl is the most calm, efficient, and badass character. (except when he was wearing ears around his neck haha)

I think I'm gonna start reading the comic..but I just don't want to spoil the show for me.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2012 at 8:57pm
great episode tonight ,but Andrea is still a gullible hussy even though she saved that idiot zombie researcher who was trying to rehabilitate the walkers. Hope the Governor gets his ass chewed by Rick and the possee in the finale.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 3:54am
Missed it, we were doing Thanksgiving last night and it took a lot longer then we had wanted it to take.
Does anyone know where I can watch it online?
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 4:53am
Man, I wonder why Michonne didn't connect one and two together and realize that's Andrea old group. I was waiting all the way till the end of the show for her to say something about Daryl's brother but she didn't! GAAAAAAH!! so tense! Gonna be a good show this coming Sunday!
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 4:56am
Originally posted by woodhomie1996

Missed it, we were doing Thanksgiving last night and it took a lot longer then we had wanted it to take.
Does anyone know where I can watch it online?
 www.free-tv-video-online.me

'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 5:59am
Originally posted by haiv143

Man, I wonder why Michonne didn't connect one and two together and realize that's Andrea old group. I was waiting all the way till the end of the show for her to say something about Daryl's brother but she didn't! GAAAAAAH!! so tense! Gonna be a good show this coming Sunday!

Michonne doesn't trust easy as shown with the Govenor.  We knew he was bad, but she didn't see all the stuff we did.

Sucks that next week is the last episode until Feb or so.  I expect a pretty crazy cliffhanger.

CURSE YOU MIDSEASON FINALES!!!!
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
motoxninja80 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 7:12am
I give mad props to Glenn for killing the walker while duct taped to a chair. I was watching it in a theater and the entire audience was clapping when he stabbed it in the head and went supersaiyan
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 7:18am
and you know when they enter the camp Andrea is going to accidentally shoot one of the members like how she shot daryl. I would laugh so hard if she shot daryl again
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 8:22am
just watched the latest episode, thanks MRMeaty for the link
So good and intense, looking forward to next episode.
Glenn really maned up but you always know a girl will get the best of you.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 8:36am

Michonne isn't much of a talker which is kind of annoying, she likes to stand back and observe others before she does something.  They need to hurry up and kill Andrea off.  LOL  Glad they didn't follow the comic on this episode though because rape scenes aren't very pleasant to watch.  Confused
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2012 at 4:59am

Michonne isn't much of a talker which is kind of annoying, she likes to stand back and observe others before she does something.  They need to hurry up and kill Andrea off.  LOL  Glad they didn't follow the comic on this episode though because rape scenes aren't very pleasant to watch.  Confused

Aww man! Didn't realized it's mid season finale already!
Yea, Andrea should die..
That Almost rape scene was tense enough Confused

Local
Local

Quote whitetiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2012 at 11:07am
Am I the only one that thinks the walkers aren't threatening enough unless they're in a horde? Just doesn't seem likely that the military would have fallen so easily against them, especially given that the Woodbury folk did so well.
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2012 at 12:53pm

Am I the only one that thinks the walkers aren't threatening enough unless they're in a horde? Just doesn't seem likely that the military would have fallen so easily against them, especially given that the Woodbury folk did so well.

That's true, modern military wouldn't have fallen for this. but I guess they may not have realized that they need to finish off the dead after they die. Perhaps they kinda destroyed themselves from the inside out. For example maybe one of the soldiers died but had not been bit, and came back to life without the military realizing it.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2012 at 2:27pm
Really liked the Sunday episode, and also didn't realise it was the last show until February, that means next week's is a big one!  Going to be interesting to see where Andrea's loyalties lie, at least until she can really prove the Gov is a bad guy.  He is MUCH worse in the comics, but more realistic in the show.  

Wonder if there will be dual attacks, one at the undefended prison and one at Woodbury?  Maybe Carl will go comic #104 on their asses LOL!

For the guy not wanting to ruin the show by reading the comics, do it.  It'll take you a while to get up to speed anyway and the paths are pretty different for a lot of characters.  I find it's enhancing the show for me.
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 6:49am
I'm sure there will be dual attacks, that will make things more crazy and more dramatic.
Local
Local

Quote whitetiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 9:03am
Without giving me too many comics spoilers, how much farther ahead are the comics from the show? Months, years? Just curious if the TV writers will have to come up with their own stuff soon or not.
Nater43 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Nater43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 9:27am
As far as I know its just a few things shared from the comics and the show. The main storylines are actually quite different. Assuming you want to get into the comics, if you don't mind a few similarities here and there, it shouldn't be an issue. 
| Boards: '08 Burton Custom 156 | Boots: '08 Burton Freestyle | Bindings: '09 Burton Missions |
               '10 Reverse Crew 155
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 9:58am
Originally posted by motoxninja80

That's true, modern military wouldn't have fallen for this. but I guess they may not have realized that they need to finish off the dead after they die. Perhaps they kinda destroyed themselves from the inside out. For example maybe one of the soldiers died but had not been bit, and came back to life without the military realizing it.

But shouldn't the military be briefed on everything and know that everyone is infected?  I mean surely the CDC would of told the government their findings.  I mean how can all the survivors know and not the military?
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 11:06am
shows and video games are outlandish that i have just stopped trying to pick at how things could never happen the way they do. thats why i just go along with what they sya on the shows and such since none of it can ever happen anyway and real people would never make half of the choices fictional characters do.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 1:52pm

Without giving me too many comics spoilers, how much farther ahead are the comics from the show? Months, years? Just curious if the TV writers will have to come up with their own stuff soon or not.

Currently on comic #104.

It looks like the end of this season's show should be comic #48.  You can say the show is currently up to between 28-33 range.  Hard to tell since so much is changed.  But #48 is the end of the governor story ark.

I think everyone currently watching the show should pony up and buy the first compendium, issues 1-48.  Incredible value for a measly $33.99.  They also just released the second one, from 49-96.

getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 1:58pm

But shouldn't the military be briefed on everything and know that everyone is infected?  I mean surely the CDC would of told the government their findings.  I mean how can all the survivors know and not the military?

time is the main culprit here.  by the time the cdc found out, most places had already been overrun.  

as for the modern military not being overrun, yes it would.  imagine any army group (company? battalion?) with half a city's worth of walkers in a herd coming at you.  even a medium sized city will have 100k+ people in a small geographic region.

they go over logistics, failures, lessons learned, etc in world war z that would seem to be relatively similar to what would have happened in the walking dead universe.  great book.  only difference being not everyone is infected in that one.
LittleSniffles View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote LittleSniffles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 3:07pm
Daryl needs to get it in with Carol
Lemon is Taste.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 4:32pm
Anyone play the walking dead online game on AMC?
iamjason10 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote iamjason10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by LittleSniffles

Daryl needs to get it in with Carol

I disagree. Carol is not a very attractive women.  IMO
LittleSniffles View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote LittleSniffles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 8:56pm
He definitely cares about her though
Lemon is Taste.
Local
Local

Quote whitetiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2012 at 9:09am
@richard, thank you. Looks like they'll have the comics as a framework for the duration of the show.
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2012 at 9:24am

@richard, thank you. Looks like they'll have the comics as a framework for the duration of the show.
Don't fear reading the comics for fear it will ruin anything.  The show is quite different.  The Gov is very different than he is in the comics.  He is straight up supervillian in the comics.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2012 at 10:04am
Originally posted by LittleSniffles

He definitely cares about her though

He cares about everyone, but maybe more so her because she knows what he likes and is, such as finding worms for him to eat otherwise he wouldn't eat.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2012 at 8:03pm
Just saw the latest episode! I was avoiding this thread until I saw it haha.

Geez, Glen is a badass. Getting his ass kicked by Meryl and then killing a walker while being tied up to a chair.

I can't wait for the mid-season finale! Shits gonna go downnn.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2012 at 7:46am
Yeah, Glenn manned up and slaughtered that zombie even though he went through a lot of beating from Meryl.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2012 at 8:28am
Originally posted by mluu003

Just saw the latest episode! I was avoiding this thread until I saw it haha.

Geez, Glen is a badass. Getting his ass kicked by Meryl and then killing a walker while being tied up to a chair.

I can't wait for the mid-season finale! Shits gonna go downnn.

Yeah it's not advisable to come in this thread if you're not totally up to date on the shows LOL

Glenn did great in the last episode, he's always a great part of the comic and show.  Consistent good guy who shows no fear.  
Local
Local

Quote whitetiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2012 at 9:18am
^And the best thing is they don't have him resorting to stereotypes by busting out kung fu moves!
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2012 at 3:52pm

^And the best thing is they don't have him resorting to stereotypes by busting out kung fu moves!

That really IS the best part. He makes me so proudLOL

He's definitely one of the badass characters now...and he's with Maggie. That's a win in my book.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
lexie6253 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote lexie6253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2012 at 11:16am
cant wait for the new episode tomorrow! Think its gonna be quite a show down when they break in to the town and the brothers meet up..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 38>