THE WALKING DEAD

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 2728293031 38>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jmokim View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jmokim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE WALKING DEAD
    Posted: Mar/07/2013 at 12:20pm
that last episode was so intense. such creative traps and survival methods!
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 5:20am
I love the show but sometimes I wonder, how can mindless slow zombies even have a chance against humans. 
Pngo12 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Pngo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 8:05am
Thought this was pretty funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhnZFp0VeWQ
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Blur510

I love the show but sometimes I wonder, how can mindless slow zombies even have a chance against humans. 

Cuz little twerps like Carl try to play sheriff.
Kidding.... sorta.
I break balls.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 9:44am

Well, they come in numbers. They don't feel pain or remorse or fear or get tired and they live for a very long time (not sure if they even die from starvation.)

Humans on the other hand gets tired and require food. Most humans are wimpy and cannot protect themselves not to mention kill something. They can't kill zombies unless they have some kind of weapon (unless you smash in their heads with your foot). So unless you can kill them quietly you'll more than likely attract more zombies yielding more in numbers and ends up dead.

5 year old kid vs 5 year old zombie, who'll win?
50 year old man without a weapon vs 5 year old zombie, who'll win?  depends on the experience the man have right?
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 11:42am
Now that I think about it, there hasn't been much kid zombies, mostly adults.  So where are all of the kids and infant zombies??

Zombies are slow but they are strong especially since they can't feel pain.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Now that I think about it, there hasn't been much kid zombies, mostly adults.  So where are all of the kids and infant zombies??
Zombies are slow but they are strong especially since they can't feel pain.  

it's likely zombie infants and kids are not big as a threat compare to the adults..one they're slower and probably easy to take them out with less force with that to the adult walker you got to be more brutal and violent I guess supplies are limited,take out your most challenging walker first then that's what Carl is for too.LOL
jmokim View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jmokim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 3:55pm
Yea the smaller the person, less mass they have so I would imagine them to be much easier to deal with. I think its weird that everyone carries the virus, but a simple scratch is enough make someone turn.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by jmokim

Yea the smaller the person, less mass they have so I would imagine them to be much easier to deal with. I think its weird that everyone carries the virus, but a simple scratch is enough make someone turn.

Yeah, I think TWD didn't do a good job explaining this. But from what I see, people usually turn from bites. So maybe some kind of chemical agent from the teeth that enhances/speed up the zombiefication process? Or it just be the zombie's blood that get its way into human's blood from scratch or bite.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by haiv143

Yeah, I think TWD didn't do a good job explaining this. But from what I see, people usually turn from bites. So maybe some kind of chemical agent from the teeth that enhances/speed up the zombiefication process? Or it just be the zombie's blood that get its way into human's blood from scratch or bite.

but do you guys remember what Rick told everyone when the scientist guy at the CDC whispered into Rick's ear they're all already infected. Maybe the virus is dormant because when Rick killed Shane off back at the farm house he quickly turned into a walker and he was not bit by any just shot so there has to be a stage when your body is clinically deceased then virus is active.I have to agree with you on that TWD didn't explain to us how the virus work but i guess that curiosity will keep us watching no
matter what.
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 5:29pm
l think its just in their blood from the water and stuff. but yeah, dead= zombie, bit or no bite 
Chop View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Okemo Mountain, VT.

Quote Chop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2013 at 8:05am
The deal with a scratch or bite is, it causes a blood infection that results in sepsis and a massive fever that eventually kills you. Kind of like a Kimodo Dragon. What I'm dying to know is, what is the deal with these visions that the dying experience when they see the zombies?
37! In a row?
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2013 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Chop

The deal with a scratch or bite is, it causes a blood infection that results in sepsis and a massive fever that eventually kills you. Kind of like a Kimodo Dragon. What I'm dying to know is, what is the deal with these visions that the dying experience when they see the zombies?

ouu we got a smartass right here. wont they just have another death like feeling? its only the after death that they are reanimated
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2013 at 10:13am
I don't think it's possible for them to explain it when they don't even know anything because the only thing we know is what the CDC guy said.
jmokim View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jmokim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2013 at 10:54am
man it looks like im going to have to rewatch some episodes. I don't remember the cdc part haha!
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2013 at 10:58am

man it looks like im going to have to rewatch some episodes. I don't remember the cdc part haha!

The only part of the show when a whole building blew up, how can you forget that?  Also, when Shane like tried to rape Lori.  
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2013 at 11:59am
Its part of the charm in not knowing all the details. Wolverines origin for instance is shrouded in mystery and many people argue about it. Same goes for the virus and how it works. We discuss endlessly on multiple possibilities thus keeping us engaged into the story.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2013 at 2:31pm
just one more day and boy am I ready for this week's episode to end a very long week of crap. time to relax and watch the tele.
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 7:57am
Originally posted by sdwc96

Its part of the charm in not knowing all the details. Wolverines origin for instance is shrouded in mystery and many people argue about it. Same goes for the virus and how it works. We discuss endlessly on multiple possibilities thus keeping us engaged into the story.

Agree, movies I usually can't watch more than once, but some series I can i.e. GOT, Dexter. Does anyone even know why Rick didn't die and how long he was asleep in the hospital?
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 8:03am
He didn't die because I forgot who, but they blocked the door so the zombies couldn't get in
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JennyLi
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 8:49am
Originally posted by rye

He didn't die because I forgot who, but they blocked the door so the zombies couldn't get in

Shane blocked the door with one of those hospital bed. Not sure how long Rick was out but not long because Shane's group wasnt far away.
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 9:34am
I thought Shane's group wasn't far away because they didn't know where to go so they just camped there until they heard further news on the radio. 
jmokim View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jmokim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 11:19am
new episode tonight!!
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 12:51pm
Shanes group wasnt far because they werent sure where to go. Not until they finally were attacked did they think to find someplace safer. A mexican family did split and not go to the cdc. I doubt theyll be brought up again though since they had very little influence on the group.
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 1:05pm

new episode tonight!!
One good thing about turning the clocks ahead... Walking Dead comes sooner!!!
I break balls.
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 2:42pm
or you could completely miss it. thank goodness for a DVR and being on the west coast. i can catch it at 6pm and 9pm if i wanted.
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by C4

new episode tonight!!
One good thing about turning the clocks ahead... Walking Dead comes sooner!!!

meaning you have to sleep 1hr earlier, and wake up 1hr earlier. ANyways im just saying its relative
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 3:42pm
^^ No official bedtime or wake-up time for me. Weeeeeee!!!
I break balls.
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 4:37pm
Dammit LOVING This ep so far!!!!
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 6:07pm
So tonight was the first time I've actually went to TWD website and watch some of the cast member clips. I tend to shy away from anything related to the series to avoid spoilers of sort especially the TWD website. Found that Rick has an English accent?!?!?! LOL man that threw me off!
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 6:38pm
Real slow episode tonight. But definitely necessary to setup the end. I foresee the scientist guy defecting from the governor and going to rick. Or at least help foil the governors plans. I can believe theres still 3 more episodes to the end. I want the war to start already.
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 7:07pm
Def a boring episode tonight. I'd like to add Milton to the list of people who need to be killed off. Him, the Governor, Carol, and Carl need to skedaddle.
I break balls.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 7:15pm
all I could think of this episode was... staring contest, GO!!! right before each commercial it was just them staring at each other. nothing ever happens until the end. its a soap opera with zombies.
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 2:21am
Originally posted by cds4288

all I could think of this episode was... staring contest, GO!!! right before each commercial it was just them staring at each other. nothing ever happens until the end. its a soap opera with zombies.

yeah I thought, wow u hate the guy so much, he wants to kill you and all your friends, just shoot the guy, who cares about being a gentleman at this point. 
educalifa View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote educalifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 3:13am
I enjoyed the first season and the second half of the second season but this show is starting to annoy me too much... just very inconsistent decision making and characters that seem to have split personality disorder.

Rick is saved by Glenn when he was outnumbered, cornered, etc... now sees a dude walking on the road and ignores him. There's a war coming, he knows he's outnumbered but keep turning ppl away...

They know the Governor will attack soon and they have just gotten a fresh new stash of weapons, they have plenty of fuel available (from abandoned cars) and a lot of time on their hands. Yet, they do nothing about the walkers outside nor set any traps and etc for when they get attacked. Can they really be that dumb?

The only character that seems to be consistent is Carl. Consistently annoying! Can't wait till someone eat whatever that kid has for brains.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 3:36am
The hatred is really between the governor and michonne, not rick. If the two leaders killed each other then, michonne would still live and martinez would take up arms and attack the prison. The war would still happen.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 9:49am
Yeah, I would like to see Rick shoot the governor at the meeting but Martinez will sure to rise. He wont be as organized but he'll rain havoc.

sdwc96 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 10:00am
Its strange too how the others bonded while waiting outside. Daryll and martinez, milton and herchel. Im curious how the war will turn out now that they "know" who theyre shooting at. War is easier when your opponet has no face.
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 10:23am
We're suddenly seeing a lot of survivors though, the mexican family, lonely wanderer, and crazy black guy.  But if they're back in Rick's neighborhood then doesn't that mean they didn't go very far away?
jmokim View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jmokim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 1:27pm
I cannot wait to watch last night's episode! (I'm a lagger)
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 8:38pm
Yep, 3 epis left this season, and I don't know if the war will actually commence yet or not....I'm sure the season-ending cliffhanger will be focused around it.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 5:45am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

We're suddenly seeing a lot of survivors though, the mexican family, lonely wanderer, and crazy black guy.  But if they're back in Rick's neighborhood then doesn't that mean they didn't go very far away?
Well the guy had a good setup, has protection from zombies, food and all that in the city/town
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JennyLi
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 6:01am
Originally posted by educalifa

I enjoyed the first season and the second half of the second season but this show is starting to annoy me too much... just very inconsistent decision making and characters that seem to have split personality disorder.

Rick is saved by Glenn when he was outnumbered, cornered, etc... now sees a dude walking on the road and ignores him. There's a war coming, he knows he's outnumbered but keep turning ppl away...

They know the Governor will attack soon and they have just gotten a fresh new stash of weapons, they have plenty of fuel available (from abandoned cars) and a lot of time on their hands. Yet, they do nothing about the walkers outside nor set any traps and etc for when they get attacked. Can they really be that dumb?

The only character that seems to be consistent is Carl. Consistently annoying! Can't wait till someone eat whatever that kid has for brains.

I agree, they could have done and killed all of the zomibies in the yard so easily.. just make noise by the fences and then stab them.. Zombies are really stupid.  Also with turning people away, doesn't make sense at all, they need all the man power they can get. But I still enjpy they show.
Pngo12 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Pngo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 7:51am
Last episode was definitely boring. I just hope these last three are going to be action packed. Who do you guys think is gonna die on Rick's side?
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 10:56am
I think the lonely guy wanderer is a set up because how can he survive wandering the highway by himself with no weapon in hand with a huge ass backpack and pots and pans dangling and he looks pretty clean with no zombie blood and guts all over him.  It's probably the set up for the next nemesis group in the story.  

The weakest link always dies, it's gonna be Maggie's sister that's gonna get killed and the baby.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 11:10am
the latest episode was just boring,a whole entire segment wasted on Rick just talking to the Gov, why not just kill him and be done with it.Has anyone notice how Andrea's hair is so clean and it's even nicely done with curls pretty bizarre thing to be walking around during a zombie outbreak I wonder who's her hair stylist. Giving up Michonne to saved his prison family so that he believe a truth is agreed on yeah okay Phillip...LOL the next preview looks like she has finally realize the Governor doesn't seem to what he is saying. so Andrea it took you 4 times to sleep with him and 3 episodes for you to come to this conclusion.
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by bootleg

the latest episode was just boring,a whole entire segment wasted on Rick just talking to the Gov, why not just kill him and be done with it.Has anyone notice how Andrea's hair is so clean and it's even nicely done with curls pretty bizarre thing to be walking around during a zombie outbreak I wonder who's her hair stylist. Giving up Michonne to saved his prison family so that he believe a truth is agreed on yeah okay Phillip...LOL the next preview looks like she has finally realize the Governor doesn't seem to what he is saying. so Andrea it took you 4 times to sleep with him and 3 episodes for you to come to this conclusion.

I don't think Maggie will die. The last episode where she shot her gun trying to break up a fight, I think is the directors trying to show her becoming stronger as a person. Also there has to be something about babies, as in hope. why else would they show a baby being born in the car.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 1:21pm

Originally posted by bootleg

I don't think Maggie will die. The last episode where she shot her gun trying to break up a fight, I think is the directors trying to show her becoming stronger as a person. Also there has to be something about babies, as in hope. why else would they show a baby being born in the car.

I think you probably meant to quote Angry Midget but anyways it's unlikely she will get killed off soon as far for Beth the little sister caring for little ass kicker she plays a big role but for now shes kept in the sidelines until that time comes during season 4.
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 3:07pm
l think the one that WOULD die is black girl lol she plays a very small part in the role. Probably then lead to rick going into psycho mode that he should have just gave her up or soemthing 
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 3:44pm
i doubt the baby, its too soon. they can use her and develop her story later on. i'd look for someone with very little to offer the group.... or someone you have as a favorite character. theyve had a tendency to do that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 38>