Extra 10-20% off select Purchases
More Info - Join Now
0 Staff | 15 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 393,991 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > Travel, Resorts & Regional Riders > East Coast Riders

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Killington VT

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 891011>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Killington VT
    Posted: Feb/27/2012 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Shift4200

Looks like you had a good time up at K bro.... Funny I know the kid with the Mo-Hawk.  We're not friends or anything, he's just the dude that always seems to be walking aournd the base lodge without a shirt on.... interesting guy.

Bahah...that's pretty funny. Next time you see him you should walk up to him and go "Jarrod, Westa says hi" LOL Super nice guy, gets a little crazy, and can ride like a bat out of hell.

We did have a good time, despite some of the worst conditions I have ever rode. It's real frustrating to see the past, and future storms rolling through there only a week after I left. Timing is a bitch, eh? Ermm
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just before descending into the Waipio Valley Hawai'i

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2012 at 4:11am
it's been a dismal season for sure.... good snow falling now... and while I was away.  I think Ma Nature is trying to tell me something.

Speaking of luck.... i was in Co for 7 days... it snowed for 5 of them.  Rode pow stashes in Vail that were waist deep.... breck was knee deep all day in the woods.... Cover was thin under the pow, and you can tell by looking at the bases of the decks i brought.... The new NUG took a shot down to the core when i busted up my tailbone.

I've seen your bud on the mtn... he does rip it pretty hard.  Not sure i want to break that ice tho, as he seems like he would be more than i would want to handle after a day of shredding LOL
return2heaven View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote return2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2012 at 11:44am
anyone been up to killington lately? trying to squeeze 1 last weekend in I'm wondering how the mountain is with these warm ass temps...
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2012 at 6:27am
I went last weekend... soft mushy slush for snow, and no more grooming.  Was fun for a few runs.... that's all I'll say about it.

According to a FB announcement this morning they dropped a ton of snow over night and are down to about 23 or so trails.  No more K1 Gondi or snowdon triple....

If you are going up be prepared for moguls/bumps everywhere and an ugly mess of slushy snow.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2012 at 7:24am

I went last weekend... soft mushy slush for snow, and no more grooming.  Was fun for a few runs.... that's all I'll say about it.

According to a FB announcement this morning they dropped a ton of snow over night and are down to about 23 or so trails.  No more K1 Gondi or snowdon triple....

If you are going up be prepared for moguls/bumps everywhere and an ugly mess of slushy snow.

Yeah, sad, sad season for sure. If you go to the killy website, and look at all the web cams it looks pretty dismal. 1/2 pipe has huge mud spots in the center, brown snow all over the place, anything that doesn't get much sun looks like an ice sheet that is bumped up...looks pretty bad over there.
They did lower the price of an adult ticket to 59. Still pretty high if you ask me if k1 is shut down and they only have 23 runs.

Just based on the 10 day for there, I would expect them to shut the doors pretty soon. A far cry from the june superstar days of years past. What a crazy ass year...just crazy.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2012 at 7:43am
Originally posted by batmanwest

Yeah, sad, sad season for sure. If you go to the killy website, and look at all the web cams it looks pretty dismal. 1/2 pipe has huge mud spots in the center, brown snow all over the place, anything that doesn't get much sun looks like an ice sheet that is bumped up...looks pretty bad over there.
They did lower the price of an adult ticket to 59. Still pretty high if you ask me if k1 is shut down and they only have 23 runs.

Just based on the 10 day for there, I would expect them to shut the doors pretty soon. A far cry from the june superstar days of years past. What a crazy ass year...just crazy.

Your not kidding... dismal is the only word for how fast it's melting away.  K canceled Snowmont and moved pond skimming to the first weekend in April... at this rate I question if they'll even make it that long.  They've dropped over 100 trails in less than a week..... Granted what is open they made a ton of snow on, but even still..... with temps pushing mid 70s even that base wont last long.

On a side note... i'm getting married this summer, so we're not sure if we're going to bother to spring for our passes next year.  This year wasnt all that convincing.... I still have the house, and will prob do my best to keep conditions posted on here, but my day count will be far less than it was the last few years.

BmW.... i still owe you that beer, lets try again next year!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2012 at 8:05am

You do indeed!LOL

It's probably just the optimist in me, but I have high hopes for next season. There can't be two shit seasons back to back. And if you track the snow history for the area, there usually is a bad ass season following every shit season so far on record.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2012 at 8:07am

You do indeed!LOL

It's probably just the optimist in me, but I have high hopes for next season. There can't be two shit seasons back to back. And if you track the snow history for the area, there usually is a bad ass season following every shit season so far on record.

I sure do hope you're right on that one......

Next year I'll try to not book my Co trip at the same time as your Vt trip....

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2012 at 8:14am
^ And I'll try to book my CO trip the same time you do... so you can buy me a beer as well!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2012 at 8:25am
we should try to get a little troutdoors killy meet up next year when I am in town. I have a feeling it's going to be an out of control week for my group. It will be the 20th year my in-laws have been to killy for their annual ski trip. 
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2012 at 9:11am
Originally posted by ctoma

^ And I'll try to book my CO trip the same time you do... so you can buy me a beer as well!

Haha!  Sounds like a great time!
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2012 at 10:13am
Killington is reporting 10" of powder in the last 24 hours but only 5 trails open. Sounds like some good powder runs if your close.
highway12south View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2012 at 11:12am
They had some cool pow pics from today on the FB page
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2012 at 3:12am
Unfortunately, that was a pretty local storm, Sugarloaf and Sunday River didn't get anything from it.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2012 at 3:38am
Looks like they're up to 18in and counting..... Dam you K for getting your biggest storm of the year after I've already transitioned into summer mode.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2012 at 8:29am
Time to dust off this old thread with a 2 for 1 coupon!

Not sure I'll be as much of a player on conditions and other reports for K this year.... I'm getting married on Aug 18th and then off to Hawaii for a few weeks.  Didn't leave as much budget for Passes and other expenses related to having a dedicated ski rental.  I will be getting up there often, just not as often as years past.

Anyway, I'll do what i can, when i can... and here's my first submission... Killington 2 for 1 Good until December 16th.  You can print one per email, so if you have a few, you can print a few.

http://www.killington.com/winter/2for1/2for1-social-media
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2012 at 8:33am
^ Hey Shift, long time no see!

The wedding is 8/18?  I haven't received my invite yet, must have gotten lost in the mail...
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2012 at 8:38am
Must have.... I swore i put the appropriate amount of postage on the thing.... guess horseheads weigh a bit more than i expected!

I've been out of the game for a bit this summer... trying to break the addiction to buying snowboard stuff.  Thank god the deals on WM have been mostly surf related this summer!

I will say, I've missed it.  I was almost afraid the site was going to be gone when i typed it in.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2012 at 8:40am
Don't look at WM right now, they are on a snowboard gear binge.

Early congrats on your wedding, I wish you many, many years of married bliss!  Maybe one day our families can meet up at Valdoro.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2012 at 8:50am
I sure hope so bud.... I'll be passing on the Breck trip this year and going Whistler or Tremblaunt instead.  I'm using the majority of my time share for Hawaii, so if I'm going to pay to go somewhere, it'll be somewhere that I cant use my timeshare... makes sense.. right?

I thank you for the early celebratory wishes, it's been a whirlwind of preparation and spending.  I'll be glad when I finally touch down on the island and can start relaxing.

Ok, so I didn't listen and looked at WM.  I'm now the proud owner of a Brown Nike Juniper Jacket.... Eff.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2012 at 10:06am

I sure hope so bud.... I'll be passing on the Breck trip this year and going Whistler or Tremblaunt instead.  I'm using the majority of my time share for Hawaii, so if I'm going to pay to go somewhere, it'll be somewhere that I cant use my timeshare... makes sense.. right?

I thank you for the early celebratory wishes, it's been a whirlwind of preparation and spending.  I'll be glad when I finally touch down on the island and can start relaxing.

Ok, so I didn't listen and looked at WM.  I'm now the proud owner of a Brown Nike Juniper Jacket.... Eff.

Tough deal to pass up, nice jacket.

My sister-in-law said HGVC has a condo near Whistler, she's considering planning the next family ski/snowboard trip there.

Yeah, weddings are pricey.  Yesterday I read a headline that said on average couples spend about $25K on the wedding.  Sheee-it, that's too much money.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2012 at 10:29am
Yes, i did hear that HGVC was planning on opening a resort at Whistler.  Last i checked it was only open to members who's "home" share was actually at the resort.  But i'm sure that's changed by now, and if not, it will in the very near future.

The wedding has run it's total up very close to the mark you just mentioned.  IF you don't count any of the money that was spent on or during the honeymoon.  We've had some small donations from family, but nothing to speak of.  We're tackling this ourselves financially, Hence no season pass, or dedicated ski house rental this year. 

Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 6:24am
First Snow at K last night!

Just a dusting at the peak, but still gets the stoke going@!
VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 4:06pm
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 3:25am

First Snow at K last night!

Just a dusting at the peak, but still gets the stoke going@!

For sure, it is time to start thinking about snow and getting back on the slopes
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 8:25am
Here we go. My snowman at Killington Peak, yesterday.

Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 8:33am
Originally posted by VermontRider

Here we go. My snowman at Killington Peak, yesterday.

^ Nice work... good to see your out there already.

woodhomie1996 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 10:02am
^^^Good to see, I cant wait to make an early trip up to Killington!
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 5:31pm
I'd like to ride Killington this season. Going to the snowboard expo tomorrow and see if I can find a nice travel package, with air fare, lodging, and tickets.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2012 at 4:51pm
Does anyone have any idea when Killington will be open to the public and not just pass holders
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 5:46am
From what I know they haven't announced a full open date.  Typically it would be in the next few weeks, but only restricted mtn usage will be available.  Be ready for the "stairway to heaven" if you plan to ride as soon as it opens.

Few friends went up for the soft opening last weekend.  Conditions were bumpy and thin... but still came with positive reports.

Think snow...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 5:53am
That's what I figured, thanks for the information!
I haven't been to Killington in years but I remember going on opening day and we had to take a truck half way up.
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 6:39am
IDK if they'll be opening again for a bit. It has been pretty warm here this week. I got to go last Saturday afternoon. It was a beautiful bluebird day. It was all bumped up by the time I got up there, but it was still super fun. Nice and soft, plenty of coverage on the trail they did have open (Rime). Plus, it wasn't crowded at all.
I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of Killington and their ways in the past, but this was super awesome of them to open it up to the passholders. Everyone in their operations did a great job. Clap
On another note, anyone who complains about any riding in October should be banned from playing snowboardz. Dead
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 6:49am
Originally posted by VermontRider

On another note, anyone who complains about any riding in October should be banned from playing snowboardz. Dead

Agreed! I feel any snowboarding is better then none at all!
Before my son I would ride my local mountain until they closed. There would be mud/grass gaps, rocks to ollie over, and lots of bumps everywhere.
rideclaps802 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rideclaps802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2012 at 5:23pm
Killy opening day! not an awesome day but a day none the less
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rideclaps802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2012 at 4:49am
Has anyone ridden killington yet? just wanna hear what people think about it so far this year.
kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kikko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2012 at 5:01am
3 trails open, total of 1 mile of riding... can't form any kind of opinion cept the obvious
hopefully we get a snowstorm soon
Fear does not stop death, it stops life...
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rideclaps802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2012 at 11:58am
yeah, thought we were supposed to get some snow this week...guess not. forecast looks like rain
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2013 at 9:33am
I haven't been around much with "life" going on... but I have had a chance to make a few trips up to K this season. 

Anyone else been up much?

So far it's been one of the better starts to the season that we've seen in a long while...  Good coverage, and already a few pow days under my belt.  The trees off North Star (low rider and patsy's) have been stellar..... even had a chance to beat up some thigh deep pow the day before New Years Eve.

Although I've put half the days on that I had at this point last year, the days that i have gotten have been beyond awesome.  They ahve a pretty serious cold snap going right now, so expect them to be cranking the man made white as hard as they possibly can.

Kudos to the new CEO for making good on his promise to make snow as much and as often as possible.  Pass holders are def seeing a difference.... Keep it up!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2013 at 9:38am

They ahve a pretty serious cold snap going right now, so expect them to be cranking the man made white as hard as they possibly can.

I bet the quality of that man made is top notch too. The weather has been perfect the past few days for crankin out quality MM.

I'll be up to K-Town the 9th through the 16th or 17th, just depends on our plans to getting back to Ohio and timeline..

Really crossing my fingers to get a good pow day up there this year. This will be my 5th year going there, and have yet to have one...still beats Ohio riding any day though Wink
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2013 at 10:19am

They ahve a pretty serious cold snap going right now, so expect them to be cranking the man made white as hard as they possibly can.

I bet the quality of that man made is top notch too. The weather has been perfect the past few days for crankin out quality MM.

I'll be up to K-Town the 9th through the 16th or 17th, just depends on our plans to getting back to Ohio and timeline..

Really crossing my fingers to get a good pow day up there this year. This will be my 5th year going there, and have yet to have one...still beats Ohio riding any day though Wink

Awww dam.... good to see you posting man.  Sounds like we might actually cross paths this year up there.  Think my next weekend up is going to be the weekend of the 9th.  Hoping it works out... i still owe you a beer!

The MM has been pretty good for the most part... but still has a tendency to pack if it's not wicked cold.  I've been lucky to catch storms the few times i've been up..... not to rub it in, but... yea.
AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Cannon. on the ground nothing new!

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2013 at 11:17pm
well, i must say i ride the new hampshire side of the mountains and the december riding has been awesome for the time of year... i had to take january off but i imagine everyone is cranking the snow out in this cold snap and were expecting a dump on saturday! im super stoked to get out again next week! hopefully i can bug out after class a few days.
It comes and it goes, get it while it lasts.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 5:00am
Went up Tuesday 2/12/13.....

Nobody on the mountain... no body in the lodges.  Why is it that I don't do more midweek riding? Oh yea.... work.

Even with the small crowds, i hate to say it, but the conditions were garbage.  Almost every run was hardpack ice, with little to no loose stuff on the sides.  Even the trees were trashed.  Snow was in the forecast (hence the trip) but managed to never change from rain to snow.

ROTD was Cruise control in the Needles eye area.  Not sure if it's due to the fact that it faces more west than north, but it had decent snow.... was fast and fun.

If you're going up and you can push it off... i would.... they need some significant snowfall to recover from this mess.
525polaris10 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote 525polaris10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 6:09am
just went up for the storm from friday to sat. the mountain was awesome. i was surprised i was able to get into the trees. there was some low coverage in some spots but enough to get in there. the stash was in full effect. dropped the pillow in the tree runs to a washed out landing. i thought i was first to hit it unless someone went under it and pushed the whole landing out trying to heel stop down the chute. dream maker is in full effect as well. the rail garden is pretty gnarly and the jumpline was pumping. im surprised i was able to hit em with the pow. going back up this weekend cause i got the itch. see you there!
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 5:49am
Rode on 2/16 and 2/17...

What a difference a few days make.  Snow was good, firm and edge-able.  Super fast and fun.  Being a holiday weekend, it was necessary to get in early and get as much of the goods as you could before the crowds arrived.

Fav runs of the weekend were Cruise Control (as usual, that run always seems to be good), Superstar Headwall and middle, then bailout to Skylark... (I recorded a 71.6mph top speed on Skylark mid day Saturday... needless to say it was fast).  East to East... again super fast, smooth and edge-able.

After riding we enjoyed a few beers by the fire pit near the umbrella bars.... great times, great weekend.

Snow on the way mid week, and rumors of more this weekend.  Get it while the getting is good.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 5:58am

Rode on 2/16 and 2/17...

What a difference a few days make. 

Yeah man, after tuesday things really got better. Thursday and Friday were perfect groomie days, could really lay an edge in.

Still pissed you never get at me Tuesday, but it is what it is LOL

Getting around to get my trip report written up, nothing too exciting (although tons of bad words about the killington staff all around) just a few pictures and such. Hope the next system stays cold for you up there.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 6:22am
Glad you had a good time... again i'm sorry for forgetting to text you when I was there on Tuesday.

I am also hoping these next two systems can pull together some good totals... I'm trying to get back up there for a 3dayer this weekend.

snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2013 at 3:06pm
K-Tickets are now on Sale with a new $38.00 mid-week, non-holiday option. I will be grabbing a few.

amottola View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote amottola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2013 at 8:09am
i am planning a trip to go to Vermont to snowboard, but i was told there a couple of really good mountains to go to. one of which was Killington, and the other was MT. Snow. i cant decide which one is better, any reasons why one is better then the other would be really helpful, also if there is a mountain better then both of those.
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2013 at 8:37am
Killington is fun if you want to party and has A LOT more terrain. That also means it is huge. I know you were worried about losing your buddies, and going to Killington would severely increase the odds of that happening.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>