Extra 10-20% off select Purchases
More Info - Join Now
0 Staff | 6 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 400,777 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > Travel, Resorts & Regional Riders > East Coast Riders

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Killington VT

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 11>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mixmasterjgt View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mixmasterjgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Killington VT
    Posted: Nov/20/2010 at 10:36am
If people are looking for a good place to stay to date my favorite place has been the Inn Of The Six Mountains. It is the best place you can stay for the money its a mile from the lifts but they have a free shuttle so its no big deal. Second best place is Mountain Inn which is around the same price but is right on the mountain so you can walk it if you want. Just don't stay in the Killington Grand Resort Hotel it is way overpriced for what you get.
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2010 at 3:26am
^ Good tip on the Inn of the Six Mountains, looks good from the website and I will check it out next time we are looking to stay in the area.
east4life View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote east4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2010 at 3:58am
this place is soo awesome! i love this place!
rickyz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rickyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2010 at 8:29am
So I really wanna head up to Killington with the girlfriend on Thanksgiving weekend... but she's still a noob and will only ride the bunny hill.  Can anyone confirm if they will have or do currently have any trail open that is similar to a bunny hill?  The weather reports shows that it's supposed to snow all Thanksgiving weekend up there.  Super excited.
K8sgotgame View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote K8sgotgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2010 at 9:59am
right now they are blowing snow in the beginner areas but they are not close to open yet
Magicweed3 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote Magicweed3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2010 at 10:28am
Yeah, I just got back from riding with K8, and the beginner areas aren't close to open. Still a good time, but probably not for those without a lot of experience.

And K8, awesome job today Smile
incompetentuser View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote incompetentuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2010 at 10:33am
Thanks for the info, K8. Any idea when they might open?
casanovaa0 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote casanovaa0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2010 at 10:45am
Thanks for the heads up guys, i'm going to be attempting to teach a few of my friends whose first time it is in killington in a couple of weeks. hope everything is up and running by then
alphaod View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote alphaod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2010 at 1:22pm
I rode yesterday and today; it was pretty fun—missed hitting up on snow. The problem was that during the afternoon, a lot of the places were melting a bit, which meant by close some places I was boarding on wet rocks. I think they need like 3x thicker snow to last the day.

Anyways, I'll be heading up tomorrow.
-= alphaod =-
Current setups~
US: 12 Burton Vapor 159, 12 Burton Fishcuit 150, 12 Burton Diode EST
China: 13 Burton Custom X 158, 14 Cloudsplitter 158.3, 14 Burton Genesis EST
Epic_Eross View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Epic_Eross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 4:10am
Went to Killington yesterday, the 14 trails that they have open were pretty solid with them snowmaking all day, got real icy at the end though.
K8sgotgame View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote K8sgotgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 5:12am
Originally posted by Magicweed3

Yeah, I just got back from riding with K8, and the beginner areas aren't close to open. Still a good time, but probably not for those without a lot of experience.

And K8, awesome job today Smile

Thanks Weed -- I'm pretty stoked on my FS ones... gonna dial in those BS on Saturday Big smile

Were either one of you other guys riding a Crew with white/green K2 bindings?  We spotted that as well as a Vspot.  Weed said something to the girl with the Vspot but she was either ignoring him or didn't know what she was riding Wink
VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 5:31am
I got to ride Friday, Saturday and Sunday, all beautiful days, bringing me up to 12 days, so far. Those guns were killer, but it was worth enduring them to get top to bottom going. With the rate they are blowing snow, they will be getting a lot more open soon.

I spotted the same guy with the 160 Reverse Crew, I've seen before this weekend. 
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just before descending into the Waipio Valley Hawai'i

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 5:39am
How was the cover VTRider?  I'm heading up Thursday night thru Monday.... Everyone in my house is asking about the quality of snow cover.
jl4747 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jl4747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 6:19am
I don't know if this is re-post,

I found 2 for 1 (Buy 1 Get 1 free) lift ticket coupon, it is valid to Dec.24.2010

You will receive instant coupon to your e-mail.
jae lee
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 6:21am
Originally posted by Shift4200

How was the cover VTRider?  I'm heading up Thursday night thru Monday.... Everyone in my house is asking about the quality of snow cover.

Excellent coverage for what they have open and they are making snow like mad. Yesterday, it was a little icey up top.
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote Magicweed3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 6:24am
You were there Mark? I need your cell or something cuz Kate and I were there from 8-1 and I'm surprised we never ran into each other.

Also spotted at Killy on Sunday, a Sierra Crew and a Sierra V-Spot, plus Kate was riding her scope.

Edit: Like Kate said earlier
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 6:31am
Awesome news... thanks VTRider.

Just an FYI on those Buy one Get ones guys.... you can get as many coupons as you have email addresses.... I've printed 4 or 5 of them out for friends/family.

Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 6:34am
Originally posted by Magicweed3

You were there Mark? I need your cell or something cuz Kate and I were there from 8-1 and I'm surprised we never ran into each other.

Also spotted at Killy on Sunday, a Sierra Crew and a Sierra V-Spot, plus Kate was riding her scope.

Edit: Like Kate said earlier

pmed
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 6:36am
^^ Thanks for all the conditions updates!
belleayre View Drop Down
Local
Local
My son 2010

Quote belleayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 7:46am
Headed up on a bus Sunday November 28-

http://www.snowbirdsskitours.net/Calendar/event.php?id=1

Looks like they might have more snow by then
JESSICRAZIE View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote JESSICRAZIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 12:50pm
im heading up there on 11/29 and 11/30...and we're staying at the Inn of Six Mountains. i cant wait.
rickyz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rickyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 9:22am
How much for the lift tickets now?  They were 50 but their site says 65 now
east4life View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote east4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 9:29am
Originally posted by rickyz

How much for the lift tickets now?  They were 50 but their site says 65 now

when i went up there last season it was 65 bucks.
alphaod View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote alphaod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 2:37pm
I've been pretty disappointed with the weather for the last 2 days. Everything was slushy due to heavy rain and a lot of wind.
-= alphaod =-
Current setups~
US: 12 Burton Vapor 159, 12 Burton Fishcuit 150, 12 Burton Diode EST
China: 13 Burton Custom X 158, 14 Cloudsplitter 158.3, 14 Burton Genesis EST
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote Magicweed3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by alphaod

I've been pretty disappointed with the weather for the last 2 days. Everything was slushy due to heavy rain and a lot of wind.

Yeah, that man made stuff didn't seem like it would hold up well to rain, but they're predicting three days of snow in the next week, plus ideal snowmaking temps. Should be good this weekend.
C02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote C02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 3:25pm
i MAY be able to come down next weekend lets hope the conditions are good.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2010 at 4:01am
Newest report from the folks at K says they plan to have their Canyon Quad and Snowdon Quad open for this weekend..... 
Cris90 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Cris90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2010 at 7:06am
I'm going tomorrow the site says there making snow on some trails for the weekend. i hope conditions are descent.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2010 at 7:08am
I'm heading north at around 3 tomorrow... should be there by 7ish.  From what the weather says and what they're reporting it should be a pretty good weekend of top-bottom.
pauly p View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote pauly p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2010 at 1:29pm
anyone stay at cascade lodge? I will be staying there in january..
rickyz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rickyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2010 at 7:20pm
The Killy interactive trail map shows the Yodeler trail is open.  That's a beginner trail correct?  I really want to go this weekend but can't if there's no beginner trail!(bc of gf) 
belleayre View Drop Down
Local
Local
My son 2010

Quote belleayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2010 at 4:28am
he Killy interactive trail map shows the Yodeler trail is open. That's a beginner trail correct? I really want to go this weekend but can't if there's no beginner trail!(bc of gf)

From what I can tell they have green trails open but not the easiest green trails. But I haven't been there yet, maybe one of the Killington veterans can comment. I've got a place on a bus going up there Sunday, I'm pissed because I twisted my knee kiteboarding yesterday. Hope I can still go with a brace.
rickyz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rickyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2010 at 5:03am
Yeah I need the bunny hills open for a second-time snowboarder.  Hopefully someone can weigh in even though it's Turkey Day.  Happy thanksgiving all eastcoasters!
belleayre View Drop Down
Local
Local
My son 2010

Quote belleayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2010 at 7:31am
Some good pics from 11/24

http://killington-insider.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30955&sid=a0a791aba25948a259577d05ce30c8ee
incompetentuser View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote incompetentuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2010 at 8:34am
Glad to hear they're finally going to get a snowdump! Thanks for the updates everyone.
Lib4Life View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Lib4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2010 at 5:56pm
Anyone riding this weekend? I'll be there most likely saturday or sunday. 

2010 Lib Tech TRS | Union Force
inksofmemories View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote inksofmemories Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2010 at 7:23pm
a group of us (about 40 people) are coming up to Killington on Dec. 10th weekend. i so stoked!!
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2010 at 6:23am
Rode here this morning (friday november 26th).  Soggy at the bottom(rain), but it was trying to change over to snow.  Top was very foggy, and difficult at times to see.  But the snow was soft, and coverage was acceptable..... I left before 11 am so didn't see much of a crowd.

Temps supposed to drop up here so the buzz around the mtn is more snow making tonight... and with flurries in the forecast tomorrow, it should make for good riding.

JRHolloway91 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Cheesin it up in the dorm

Quote JRHolloway91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2010 at 10:03am
I got up to Killington a few years ago and it was a blast compared to PA boarding. Conditions were great, the trails were endless (comparatively) and the mountain had tons of great people. All around I would love to go back.
If anyone is looking for an awesome place to stay too, check out the Red Clover Inn. Sounds shabby but its actually a really nice bed and breakfast joint. A little pricey but a great place to stay and even better place to take a significant other. I will mention i heard it sold to new owners recently so I'm not sure how it is compared to a few years ago but still a really cool place.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2010 at 11:54am
Another day at Kton to report on....

Windy today (Saturday November 27th) and much colder than yesterday, snow was in good shape early but was ridden off by noon.  4 major lifts running, so crowds were manageable before lunch. 

Gotta hand it to the snow-making crews... very impressive job with the amount of time they had to work.

If you plan to ride Killington before Tday weekend wraps up, be sure to get there early, and get some good runs in before the crowds hit. 

A decent snow squall dumped about 2in of fresh snow when I was wrapping up for the day.  Walked out of the bar to a snow covered vehicle.

Expect more and better snow tomorrow as snow crews were already going strong as i left.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2010 at 11:55am
Oh yea.... and i spotted what looked to be a sierra crew 152 at the intersection of Great Northern and Lower Chute....

Props for reppin...
belleayre View Drop Down
Local
Local
My son 2010

Quote belleayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2010 at 12:51pm
Headed up there on the bus tomorrow- if anybody from Suffolk or Nassau county is interested check out:

http://www.snowbirdsskitours.net/Calendar/event.php?id=1
JESSICRAZIE View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote JESSICRAZIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2010 at 2:01pm
I'm heading up on Monday so that I can ride all day Tuesday. I checked the weather today and they have a 40% chance of rain. I'm really hoping it doesn't pour.
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote Magicweed3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2010 at 2:30am
Yesterday was pretty windblown, with a lot of traffic on the runs, making everything pretty icy. When we left yesterday they were getting natural snow showers so this morning should be good, but look for it to be skied off by 1pm.
belleayre View Drop Down
Local
Local
My son 2010

Quote belleayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2010 at 3:26pm
Sunday was OK, it was great to see some snow, my first time at Killington, like the K-1 gondola and the sheer size of the place. There was no waiting for lifts and the place really thinned out after 3 p.m..
chriskot View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote chriskot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2010 at 6:22pm
I got in on their double black diamond sale and got a sick deal for Jan 2-4.  Can't wait to head up there
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2010 at 2:27am
Originally posted by chriskot

I got in on their double black diamond sale and got a sick deal for Jan 2-4.  Can't wait to head up there

I guess I missed that sale, when was that, I presume it is over?
The Gambler View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote The Gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2010 at 7:02am
I went to Killington a few times. I found that staying in the Killington Grand wasn't too badly priced, provided you stay and ski there for 5 days. If you did not stay and ski there that long, I would not recommend it as I think it would be very pricey. I am not sure how much a 3 day package would be. But the 5 day package was not that bad. You got a nice breakfast buffet included, and you are just a walk across the bridge to the lift. They have an outdoor heated pool that's open year round. You get in the pool indoors and swim through some plastic strips to get outdoors. It's pretty neat. If you were never there, a trip to the wobbly barn steakhouse is a must. Its pricey, but its very good. The service has always been good there too. Casey's Caboose is a good restaurant as well. And Basin Sports is on of the best ski/snowboard shops I have ever been to.
dvldg78 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote dvldg78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2010 at 7:46am
one week from now ill be done with finals and at killington... this week is already dragging on
Bob Vance, Vance Refridgeration
andydeckerrr View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote andydeckerrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2010 at 7:53am
^^ same, but i got 2 weeks then a month off to ski.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>