Extra 10-20% off select Purchases
More Info - Join Now
0 Staff | 15 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 386,335 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > Travel, Resorts & Regional Riders > East Coast Riders

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Killington VT

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 23456 11>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
chriskot View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote chriskot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Killington VT
    Posted: Dec/04/2010 at 9:26am
Originally posted by snowmen

Originally posted by chriskot

I got in on their double black diamond sale and got a sick deal for Jan 2-4.  Can't wait to head up there

I guess I missed that sale, when was that, I presume it is over?

http://www.killington.com/winter/plan/rsvipdeal/

The deal is still there.  They say that with the deal you don't know where you are actually staying until you finalize the purchase, but it's pretty obvious comparing the descriptions which ones you are actually booking. 
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2010 at 12:32pm
^ Thanks, I will check it out.
yugiooh View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
look in my eye

Quote yugiooh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2010 at 9:44pm
any deals from jan 2-5?
The Gambler View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote The Gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 8:51am
I could go for a steak from the wobbly barn right now.
d15p4tch View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote d15p4tch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 8:54am
Heading up next monday to ride all day tuesday im so pumpeed. first shred of the season.
Hominator1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Hominator1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 12:30pm
i'm heading up to killington this thursday to ride all friday and saturday.  can't wait!  any tips or suggestions for my first time going there?  i'm used to riding in nj and pa... all i know is it's gonna be a LOT colder in vt :-P
chriskot View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote chriskot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Hominator1

i'm heading up to killington this thursday to ride all friday and saturday.  can't wait!  any tips or suggestions for my first time going there?  i'm used to riding in nj and pa... all i know is it's gonna be a LOT colder in vt :-P

Only thing I can think of is map your routes out beforehand.  Pretty easy to get stuck on winding greens that  have too much flatland or getting stuck in a spot where you have to go through tons of moguls (but maybe you like em).
K8sgotgame View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote K8sgotgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 4:37pm
^^  You don't have to worry this time of year (at least this year you don't).  There isn't much open right now so you won't have a hard time getting around.

I may head over on Wednesday for a few hours - have a 10am appt then might get some turns in.  Depends on how much snow we get tonight.
dvldg78 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote dvldg78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 7:43pm
has anybody been over there the  past couple of days? hows the snow situation coming?
Bob Vance, Vance Refridgeration
K8sgotgame View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote K8sgotgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2010 at 2:12am
^^  Reporting 12" of new snow.  They ALWAYS overestimate but if you are riding midweek it will probably be great. Would love to head over today for some freshies but my boss would not be thrilled.
VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2010 at 2:26am
Yeah! Wednesday and Thursday off! I should have taken today off. Oh, well.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just before descending into the Waipio Valley Hawai'i

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2010 at 8:43am
Lucky lucky.... I'll be up sat sun and monday.... save some snow for me.
VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2010 at 8:45am
Not a chance.
I'll be up Sat., Sun., Mon., and Tuesday, too. If you want to take a couple of runs, shoot me a pm.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2010 at 10:20am
NICE... will do!
dvldg78 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote dvldg78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2010 at 11:10am
thats when i'm headed up too, i was supposed to get in my first runs of the season over a sugarbush today but it fell through so now im just waiting on the weekend
imwangchung View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote imwangchung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2010 at 1:05pm
How's the weather/trails up in Killy? I know a few people going up there soon and was wondering how the conditions are so far?
andydeckerrr View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote andydeckerrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2010 at 1:50pm
killington has a 2 for 1 pass valid till december 24th..

http://www.killington.com/winter/2for1/
dvldg78 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote dvldg78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2010 at 3:45pm
^^yeah they got that one and the one in transworld which expires the 19th
inksofmemories View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote inksofmemories Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2010 at 8:44pm
imwangchung... last time i heard (earlier today) a total of 30 trails are opened!!
d15p4tch View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote d15p4tch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2010 at 4:53am
So im planning to head up monday to ride tuesday. the weather over the weekend looks a little rainy and then mad cold monday tuesday. Does this mean there will be really icey conditions tuesday or do you guys think it will be fine?
willeatu View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote willeatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2010 at 5:16am
would you consider killington more of a skier's mountain vs a boarder's one?
hise442 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Method

Quote hise442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2010 at 5:22am
how is the snow their, is it icy and is their any where near killington or up state NY that has night riding???
la7ur View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote la7ur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2010 at 5:29am
i was there a few years ago and from what i remember it was really nice and had good conditions... and i went when it got kind of warm so it was even better
shinji View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote shinji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2010 at 7:31pm
I don't think there are any night riding resorts in Vermont.
Mountain Creek, Camelback, Windham, Hunter, Stratton, Mount Snow, Okemo, Killington, Stowe, Mont Tremblant, Aspen, Snowmass, Buttermilk, Aspen Highland, Whistler/Blackcomb
mixmasterjgt View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mixmasterjgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2010 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by shinji

I don't think there are any night riding resorts in Vermont.

Yeah most resorts are all closed by 4pm.
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2010 at 4:20am
Originally posted by willeatu

would you consider killington more of a skier's mountain vs a boarder's one?

Killington is fun for both skiers and riders, however, the green traversing trails (going between peaks) can be fairly flat at times so if your riding those (try to avoid them) make sure your speed is up and your wax is fresh. This won't be a problem yet as not that much terrain is open.
dvldg78 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote dvldg78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2010 at 7:05pm
went to killy yesterday, it was real good from about 8 to 1 when it was snowing, visibility was crap but the snow was real nice on some trails. then it turned to straight rain and we had to call it a day. still a good day of riding
yodisbsteve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote yodisbsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2010 at 5:20am
planning on heading up there thursday.  it says its snowing now and will snow tomorrow.....any one tell me how conditions are?

im hoping everythings not frozen cause of the rain last night.
iamjason10 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote iamjason10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2010 at 8:16am
my buds are all planning a trip up there, i have work and am left behind :( but i heard its sweet and they got a lot of snow recently
casanovaa0 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote casanovaa0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2010 at 8:39am
i was there this weekend. Friday was pretty cold, it was about 17 degrees at mid day. it had the best conditions. Saturday was a bit icy. Sunday was great during the day time with powder but rain came noon. there were almost 40 trails open on friday i believe but when i checked on monday it was back down to 30. warm weather kills
d15p4tch View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote d15p4tch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2010 at 10:17am
just got back from riding. got a solid 4-5 inches last night. cover was pretty good and not too much ice.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote yodisbsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2010 at 11:26am
Originally posted by d15p4tch

just got back from riding. got a solid 4-5 inches last night. cover was pretty good and not too much ice.

sweet! i keep refreshing weather.com/accuweather.com to check on conditions.  you know how much snow theyre calling for through the rest of the week?
d15p4tch View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote d15p4tch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2010 at 3:50pm
not sure not from around here. maybe a little wednesday. they are definitely pushing to get a lot more terrain open for this weekend.
andydeckerrr View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote andydeckerrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2010 at 3:52pm
hope so..plan on going there this weekend
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2010 at 2:50pm
We hit Killington today and had a great time. They have 48 trails open, lines weren't long and conditions were reasonable although the steeper trails (East Fall, Superstar,
Skylark) had a fair amount of ice but it is all good.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote yodisbsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2010 at 10:18am
went this past weekend.  it wasnt bad. there was light snow falling consistently from thur-fri.  some icy patches but mostly decent conditions.

they opened the park at ramshead this saturday too. 

infernoflo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote infernoflo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2010 at 10:47am
anyone heading up there this week? I'm curious about the juggernaut trail.  is it ridable in a snowboard? I've heard things about it but i wantd to try it out 
chriskot View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote chriskot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2010 at 5:18pm
I'll be up there on Sunday if the Saturday rain doesn't hurt things too much
mixmasterjgt View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mixmasterjgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2010 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by infernoflo

anyone heading up there this week? I'm curious about the juggernaut trail.  is it ridable in a snowboard? I've heard things about it but i wantd to try it out 

That is not really a trail for snowboarding it is more of a cross country skiing trail. I once got onto that trail the first time I went there and its absolute hell when you get to the flat parts that last a mile or more at a time.
ta1on View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ta1on Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2010 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by infernoflo

I was just there for the past three days.  The juggernaut has been closed the entire time since it doesn't have snowmaking on it. Unless Killington gets a couple feet of snow I don't think you are going to be able to ride it anyways.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2011 at 10:25am
The Jug is rideable on a board, just dont stop unless you have a decent grade in front of you.

Question to the Kton Locals... I know they stop grooming once the season starts to draw to a close.  Anyone have any insider information as to when they plan on stopping?

Thanks.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2011 at 4:51am
10-14 predicted for April 1 on and around Killington..... Get some!
Dsturs View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Dsturs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2011 at 7:16am
Bolton valley has night riding. It is right outside of burlington and is a hidden gem in vermont.

Killington can be fun, but i only go early/late season. There are way better options mid season. Sugarloaf in maine announced they will stay open till may 15th, so my late season killington trips will now be to there.
bigbouldersucks
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2011 at 7:22am
Bolton Valley is a hidden Gem... but slow lifts and small vert keep the crowds going elsewhere.

Sugarloaf is great, but I'll pass on the 6 hour drive when compared to 3.5 to K.
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2011 at 1:23pm
Sugarloaf is great but is is a bit far for me at 4 hours. We tend to hit late season when they still have some great terrain open.
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 1:56am
Thinking of heading north for a spring vacation....has it been good latelt?
skyfooze View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote skyfooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 2:09am
I was thinking about going up there late next season like sometime in early march. Is it still good up there or is it just all ice?
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 5:39am
March is typically a pretty good month for K, although the mountain is winding down by then. 

11-17 was predicted for Tonight into tomorrow.  If your local, it's a good day to play hooky.
casanovaa0 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote casanovaa0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 5:55am
was thinking about hitting up next weekend, what are your thoughts? i got a good deal
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 6:01am
Next weekend should be great... big dump of snow this weekend will make it prime.

FYI Killington offering 2 for 1 lift tix via their facebook page.  Just click the link on the left for 2 for 1.  Deal starts 4/4 and is good until the end of the 2011 season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>