Extra 10-20% off select Purchases
More Info - Join Now
0 Staff | 9 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 386,604 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > Travel, Resorts & Regional Riders > East Coast Riders

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Killington VT

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 34567 11>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bonitis View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bonitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Killington VT
    Posted: Apr/05/2011 at 8:51am
was just there this past wkend. good conditions. cover was good, not alot of ice. got slushy on sunday tho...and timberline is closed.
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2011 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Bonitis

was just there this past wkend. good conditions. cover was good, not alot of ice. got slushy on sunday tho...and timberline is closed.

Thanks for the conditions update. Timberline gets run down pretty quick as it gets a lot of traffic.
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2011 at 2:05am
I think the NE is going to feel the quick dispersion we saw here in the south.  Was gonna try for one last trip up north but i don't see it being worth it.
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2011 at 2:14am
Originally posted by STRICK-9

I think the NE is going to feel the quick dispersion we saw here in the south.  Was gonna try for one last trip up north but i don't see it being worth it.

The conditions are holding up fairly well. I am looking to head to Sugarloaf or Jay during the April break.
skyfooze View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote skyfooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2011 at 2:17am
If I were to go up to Killington to ski next year where would be the best place to stay?
Dsturs View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Dsturs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2011 at 6:13am
you can get cheap rooms in rutland, but if your looking for resort experience stuff stay on the hill.
bigbouldersucks
Bonitis View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Bonitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2011 at 8:02am
booking through the website (stay at like mountain green, pinnacle, highridge) is pretty decently priced. we stayed for the wkend and it was about $150 a person for the wkend. That's for 2 nights lodging and includes 2 day lift tix.
gofeman View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
meeeee

Quote gofeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 10:12am
Anyone been there recently? Hows the mouse run terrain park? How are the conditions?
Dsturs View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Dsturs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2011 at 8:19am
^judging from their facebook posts, parks are still prime, and there is actually still natural snowpack in the woods.
bigbouldersucks
ibkushman320 View Drop Down
Local
Local
NJ

Quote ibkushman320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2011 at 3:12pm
i was just there on the 14th and 15th last week...thursday was pretty wet and sloppy with some cloud cover....friday was a little firmer snow and was an absolutely beautiful day.  a lot of the trails were closed and it was typical spring conditions but was still a lotta fun.  my friend and i actually went on a closed off trail and kept hiking back up to hit this decent jump. did my first 360 after a few tries :) ..sucks that i gotta wait til next season to try again tho. sadly my season is over, but thought killington was worth it even at season's end.
Local
Local
NJ

Quote ibkushman320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2011 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Dsturs

you can get cheap rooms in rutland, but if your looking for resort experience stuff stay on the hill.

hillside inn, right on killington access road, 55 bucks a night. not bad at all.
tjeddrey View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tjeddrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2011 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by ibkushman320

Originally posted by Dsturs

hillside inn, right on killington access road, 55 bucks a night. not bad at all.
is that all the tim or just end of season? im gonna try and take a trip next year but lodging would cost more than lift tickets
Local
Local
NJ

Quote ibkushman320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2011 at 2:17am
i think its all the time...i booked it through killington's website.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just before descending into the Waipio Valley Hawai'i

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2011 at 6:28am
So on Killington's "Summer Improvement" statement they said they are removing the South Ridge Triple.  And with that statement they also said they would be replacing it in the future.... how long in the future? 

W/o that chair in operation to ride that terrain you have to take the Skye Peak quad... down to Super Star Quad, then traverse to the K1 Gondola.  Probably a 20min+ adventure without taking lift lines into account.  Pretty disappointing if you ask me...

batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2011 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Shift4200

So on Killington's "Summer Improvement" statement they said they are removing the South Ridge Triple.  And with that statement they also said they would be replacing it in the future.... how long in the future? 

W/o that chair in operation to ride that terrain you have to take the Skye Peak quad... down to Super Star Quad, then traverse to the K1 Gondola.  Probably a 20min+ adventure without taking lift lines into account.  Pretty disappointing if you ask me...

I have no information to help you figure that out, but..

what do you like to ride over on that side of the mtn? not too many trails that it services, like what, 3 or 4 trails? With all the other great trails they have, how often do you make it over to south ridge?
 In the handful of times I have been to k-town in the past 3 years, I never once saw that thing running. I don't think it is on the high priority list for them to replace it, with all the work they are putting into the peak lodge.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2011 at 6:47am
I am a fan of that area because it's one of the only parts of the mountain that is completely natural snow.  Pair that with the fact that it's off the beaten trail which keeps the Numbers down.  I was good for a trip or two up that chair every time it ran.

I agree that you don't see it running as often as the main lifts, but usually that's because of thin cover.  But when it was running, that part of the mountain could be a great time.  Good wood riding off "The Jug".

I imagine it's not tops on the priority list, but the more time goes on, the more of that "side" of the mountain they close.... Believe it or not that side of the mountain used to ride all the way down to the rt 4/rt 100 split. 

This link has some great history of how the moutain has developed into what it is today.  Check out the "Sunrise" section to see what I mean about how they keep taking from that portion of the mtn.

http://www.newenglandskihistory.com/skiareaexpansions/Vermont/killington.php

On the plus side.... having no direct lift access will turn those wood runs into a sweet powder stash on snowy days.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2011 at 7:16am

Believe it or not that side of the mountain used to ride all the way down to the rt 4/rt 100 split. 

No shit!? Rad.

I wish I didn't live 12+ hours away so I could ride there more. Have heard about MANY cool little stashes all over the mtn, but either never found them, or didn't want to try without a local with me. While I have been there a total of 18 times (3 years in a row for 6 days at a time) I have just heard too many horror stories about non-locals (and even seasoned locals as well) getting caught off mtn. in some sweet ass tree runs and cliffers, but not being able to find their way out and having to spend the night out their...and well, I'm just not tryin to do that to myself..LOL

Really need to meet up with one of you locals this coming season, mixed with a massive dump.

Thanks for the link. I really like reading up on the history of every place I have been, and for some reason really like reading about killingtons in particular. Maybe it's all the stigma some people put on the place, or politics of no more june riding.

Oh, and I fixed your link for ya...damn hummer drivers not knowing hot to insert hyperlinks... hahahah j/k man...j/k.

http://www.newenglandskihistory.com/skiareaexpansions/Vermont/killington.php
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2011 at 7:24am
Haha... thanks for the fix.  One of the members of my ski house sent me that link about a year back... it's really interesting reading for anyone that's a New England Skier/rider.

If you make it up to K I'd love to show you the few stashes that I know about.  Maybe a trip off the back to Cooper's Cabin for a sesh... if that's your flavor.  Either way, some of the best terrain at K is off the beaten trail a bit.... and as far as the horror stories, I'm sure some have some validity, but I imagine alot of them are local folk lore.

Being only 3 hours away from K and owning a share in a house less than 3 miles from the access road, I'm there almost every weekend.  I put 33 days on at K and Pico last year.... 28 the year before.  Putting that many days on at the same mountain is probably one of the reasons I'll miss the South Ridge chair most.... it becomes a game of "dodge the New Yorkers" on busy days. 

A few of the guys I ride with are pretty avid back country (skiers) guys.  Been pass holders at K for 10+ years, so they're pretty great to follow around.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2011 at 7:35am
Oh the new yorkers... hahaha.

we got bombarded by hundreds of firefighters from boston last year. Nice guys for sure, shared beers with us in the outdoor pool at the grand, but damn I can't take more than an hour of that accent. LOL

I would love to hit up Cooper's Cabin. Heard so many amazing stories about the place.

As for local folk lore, I am sure some of that was started up to keep the non-locals out to keep the terrain in those stashes fresh. Last year though, one of the bellhops at the grand got stuck over night, the day before we showed up. Hung out with that kid for an hour or so, and didn't get a bullshit vibe about it. Non the less, my rule of thumb is, even if I have a map, and scout the area, I don't normally do off slope stuff without a local.

Might be a weird question with an incredible low possibility of you knowing the place, but have you ever heard of the "sugar shack"? few kids I know are part owners of the place, and is also only 2 or 3 miles from the slopes. 
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2011 at 7:44am
Sugar shack... yea I know the place.  Makes a rockin breakfast, sells Maple Syrup and candies.  Been there many times.... never once been disappointed.... Left hand turn out of the access road... 2-3 miles up on the right.  Between Pico and Rutland.... Honestly it's one of our "regular" stops if we skip a day of riding.

***EDIT***  I might be thinking of sugar and spice.... so I might be way off.

Coops is pretty awesome... tucked off the back of the main face, (i had typed directions to it, but decided against it).  Quick run thru some woods and your on it.  Always a few friendly faces in there willing to share their goods.  Chances are if/when you come to K, I'll be there as well, so I'll just show you the way.

I too have heard some stories about guys getting stuck out there over night.... so I'm sure there is some validity to the bellhop.  I've ventured out there alone a few times.... never once felt lost.  But i cant argue with your logic on that one... I know for dam sure I wouldn't go off the back of any mountain I didn't know.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2011 at 7:51am
Yeah, I think we are confused on the sugar shack thing.
The one I know is a time share style house, sleeps like 20, has a hot tub and that's it. Def. not a shop. haha.

anyways..

yeah, for sure don't post directions to any of the sweet spots, and from what I have heard about coopers, there would be a lot of pissed off people if they found out directions were being posted publicly/and or yorkers and the like showed up and then asked how to get out LOL

I have a good idea where it starts and goes, but yeah man, have to revive this thing when it gets close to that magical time of the year again for a meet up.

although, my wife's fam. is thinking about doing whistler this year instead of k-town. we will see, nice nice people, but at times drink WAY too much and forget to get the ball rolling on things like that. 
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2011 at 7:56am
Yea... i just looked into the place that I was talking about... def called Sugar and Spice... good breakfast when you make it back up that way.

Sorry never heard of it.... I thought the days of the Hostel had come and gone.

Whistler > Kton... nuff said. 

Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2011 at 8:01am

Whistler > Kton... nuff said. 

ummmm........YEAH! LOL I am allllll for the whistler trip, but like I said, I am not the one planning the trip, nor paying for a majority of it, so not up to me. Either way, any trip out of Ohio is always a plus for me.

As for the day of the hostel...nope, they are still around, just have to look real, real hard. Super cheap there too, if anyone this coming year, or now with mtn biking is looking for a dirt cheap place to stay within 2 or 3 miles from lifts. Last year I think they were charging 25, or 30 bucks a night.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2011 at 3:26am
Does anyone have any first hand info about the roads up at K?  I'd like to go up to do some volunteer work this weekend, and clean up the trees down at my ski house.....

Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2011 at 3:38am

Does anyone have any first hand info about the roads up at K?  I'd like to go up to do some volunteer work this weekend, and clean up the trees down at my ski house.....

It's not first hand, sorry...but there are many facebook pages right now that provide some good first hand info on roads in the area. One of the best I have heard is "Vermont Flooding 2011" page on facebook. I have a few friends scattered about in Vermont, and they said that this page is amazing for figuring out what roads are open and such. Usually if you post the route you want to take, others will tell you if it is open, and condition. Hope this helps...

Saw video yesterday of rt.4....looks like they are making tons of progress.

How did you fair man? have any idea how your property did?

Hope all works out for you man, good luck to you!
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2011 at 3:54am
Thanks for the info@!!  I'll be checking out those pages shortly.

I did ok, some water damage to the house I live in, some trees down at our rental property.  Had to do some roof work for the rental property as well.  All in all, nothing major.

As for the VT house, a friend of a friend of a friend (yea... really) went by the property and said we just had a ton of trees blocking the driveway.... nothing on the house from what they could see.  So i'm hopeful that a weekend of chainsaws and beer will have us ready to ride.

I'm hopefully heading up Friday afternoon, if so i'll try to post some pics of what i find.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2011 at 4:00am

a friend of a friend of a friend (yea... really)

LOLLOL

Anyways, sounds like you made out pretty decent.

Whenever you get up there, mind giving a little bump up post here with what you saw? how things look? updates on accessibility? I am curious to see what this current batch of rain is doing to the recovery efforts..

Looks like we are not going to to BC this year Cry

It's whatever though, honestly not sure if I could of paid for it anyways. Next year? *fingers crossed....*

but yeah. will be heading up to k-town this year (well...actually next year, probably in mid feb.)

LOL
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2011 at 4:04am
If I can get myself up there, I'll def relay any info I have on progress and additional wash out from this additional rain. 

I was going to go up this past weekend, but was told by several friends that I shouldn't bother.  Guess there's only 2 times when they allow general public to pass on rt 100 north.  And with that, you were (supposedly) required to follow a police escort thru the damaged area...... so i figured best to just keep myself out of the way until traffic flows more freely.

I'll be looking forward to a day of shredding with yah at K.... I'm there almost every weekend except for Feb 18th to the 25th when I'll be at Breck.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2011 at 4:15am
http://crisislanding.appspot.com/?crisis=2011_flooding_vermont

Found this map on the Facebook Page that Batman mentioned.... As of now it doesn't look like I'd be able to get to my house or even into Pittsfield at all.

Going to keep a close eye on this map thru the week, but as of now I may have to put this mission on hold for another week.
K8sgotgame View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote K8sgotgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2011 at 5:24am
Here are some photos that should put it into perspective for you.  I advise staying out of there until the crews can get things cleaned up (these are from last week but you get the idea).

snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2011 at 8:22am
^ Those pictures definitely convey the damage that was done, best wishes to all.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2011 at 9:10am
There is also some really good local info over at http://www.killingtonzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32667&sid=8c74dd2181cfcfbbc49a1101e2129e54
That forum seems to be one of the better places to get info from too. Good luck all in the area...
lienair View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote lienair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 4:10am
I went up this past weekend to check on our house at Stratton and make some donations and try and help out. The damage in Stratton was not very bad. Trying to go anywhere East or North of Stratton was next to impossible.  There are so many roads washed away and with all the rain coming still I'm afraid its going to get worse. I did get to some areas that were closed off to most people and got to see some impressive repair work being done by the National Guard. Those guys are pretty amazing. Between Stratton and Mt. Snow there are large sections of rt 100 that are completely gone and were repaired only well enough for a capable 4x4 to get through. 

SGT712 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote SGT712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 4:58am
Holy crap, can't believe the amount of damage that Vermont sustained from Irene!  Shocked  I'm glad to hear things are going well and they're on the road to recovery.
Quiver: GNU Park Pickle 156
Stance: 15/-9, 24"
VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2011 at 8:10am
The road from Rutland to Killington is open! Start planning your trip and spending your money up here! Leaves are pretty!
iamjason10 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote iamjason10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2011 at 8:58am
Originally posted by VermontRider

The road from Rutland to Killington is open! Start planning your trip and spending your money up here! Leaves are pretty!

Good chance Im coming up there in Jan, I hear its a blast
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2011 at 9:10am

Just watched the video of that this morning! That is great news. I am not coming up till late Jan, early Feb, but it is just great to see how fast some of the progress is coming. Glad to see all the additional rain since Irene hasn't effected things TOO much.
VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2011 at 10:52am
I took a rude up at lunch. It is crazy how the river just tore away the mountainside like it was nothing. Vtrans, the National Guard and everyone else involved did a great job getting things returned to more like normal. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2011 at 10:58am

It is crazy how the river just tore away the mountainside like it was nothing.

I could only imagine. And I am sure I will still get to see that first hand when I make my way up there this winter.

The force of nature is just crazy. Impressive. And so on.
I have always been fascinated with the raw power water can have. I live on a small ravine, and every time it rains more than an inch I am just wowed. Even with just 4 or so inches of running water large rocks (I would say about 50 lbs or so) get displaced 10 to 15 yards within minutes.
tworunningcards View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tworunningcards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2011 at 11:16am
Killington Resort is pleased to announce that we will be reopening Friday, Sept. 16, 2011 for the fall foliage season. Route 4 East from Rutland and West from Woodstock will also open Friday, allowing access to the Killington area.

The K-1 Express Gondola will spin from 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. weekends only through Sept. 25 and daily Oct. 1-10 for scenic rides and hiking access. Mountain biking operations have concluded for the summer so that we may focus on preparing the mountain for the upcoming snow sports season.

The Killington Golf Course and Pro Shop will reopen daily, Friday, Sept. 16-Oct. 10. Tee times are available from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. daily. Initially, fourteen holes will be available with the additional four coming online by the middle of next week. The Clubhouse Grill will be open with bar service including drinks, snacks and hot dogs every Friday-Sunday for the remainder of the season.

Additionally, Killington Resort Lodging will be accepting reservations for arrivals beginning on Sept. 23, 2011.
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2011 at 5:21pm

Glad to hear things are getting back to normal! I will wait until the Snow comes and pass on the leaf peeping, however.
tworunningcards View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tworunningcards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2011 at 8:18am
Forget the leaves, go for the snow.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2011 at 4:29am
Anyone Planning a trip up to K this year might want to jump on this deal.... save yourself a few bucks on Lift Tix.

http://www.killington.com/winter/plan/tickets_and_cards/k57
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2011 at 4:31am

Anyone Planning a trip up to K this year might want to jump on this deal.... save yourself a few bucks on Lift Tix.

Thanks for that man. Will have to see if it saves us money or not. Usually get discounted tickets with our room. Gonna have to ask the in-laws if this beats the price we get. Itching for the flakes to fly!
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2011 at 4:39am
Originally posted by batmanwest

Thanks for that man. Will have to see if it saves us money or not. Usually get discounted tickets with our room. Gonna have to ask the in-laws if this beats the price we get. Itching for the flakes to fly!

I will also keep my eyes open for the MANY "buy one get one" coupons that end up floating around.  Those are typically the best deal if they fall on the dates when you are there.

Heading up next weekend for Brew-fest and the Fund raising concert.... cant wait!
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2011 at 5:24am

hey batman, whats the usually price for room and dc tickets? l'm from toronto but wouldnt mind a winter trip if its cheap

Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2011 at 6:04am
Originally posted by keljai

hey batman, whats the usually price for room and dc tickets? l'm from toronto but wouldnt mind a winter trip if its cheap

Honestly dude, I have no idea. I have posted this in a different killy thread before but....

When we go we stay at the penthouse in the killington grand hotel right at the base. It's a huge "room" with a master suite, another room with a king size bed, and another with 4 twins. 2 bathrooms, full kitchen, your own sauna room right off the HUGE living room, and if you get the one facing slope side, a massive deck..which is perfect for doing keg stands...

Or throwing snowballs at people in the outdoor pool/hot tubs...

I personally do not know the price, as my in-laws are BA and pay for our room, and lift tickets (which come with the room at a discounted price). I can only imagine how much it costs, I over heard once and thought I heard someone say that for the week (sunday-friday) is just under 4k. Which, really...if you can get enough people it would be decently priced. The room "sleeps" 8 on the beds, and there are 2 pull out couches, so 12 comfortably. That being said, if people don't mind air mattresses, you could squeeze another 6 or so people comfortably enough.

If you want to do it on the cheap, do not stay at the killington grand. Unless like I stated above if you can round up about 20 of your friends it would be a decent price. There are many other options around the area that are much cheaper. Just depends on what kinda of amenities you want. Some places you will have to drive yourself to the hill, others are on the shuttle line.

I have also mentioned this before, and am still waiting to hear back on if they are cool with it, but my friend owns part of a time share within a mile of the lifts, and I am pretty sure it is on the shuttle line. Last year a few mutual friends stayed there and were charged 25 bucks a night. It is hostel style though so just depends if that is your thing, and don't mind meeting new people, and so on. Once I hear back if it is okay if people on here use the place I will post details and let everyone know.

I am not from the area, I am an Ohio boy, so I am sure there are other places some locals could chime in on. I have just been going there for the past 4 years.
dangerzone9k View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote dangerzone9k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2011 at 10:07am
I hear that Killington has a lot of moguls and that it's not snowboarder friendly.. is this true? My planning a trip either to canada or VT.    
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2011 at 10:15am
K has some moguls.... but I woudlnt say it has a higher percentage of mogul runs when compared to any other mtn in the area.  I ride there 30+ days a year and have been for years now.... so I cant say that it's not snowboard friendly.

tw0scoops View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tw0scoops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2011 at 10:26am
Originally posted by dangerzone9k

I hear that Killington has a lot of moguls and that it's not snowboarder friendly.. is this true? My planning a trip either to canada or VT.    
Sounds like someones trying to keep you off "their" mountain, lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>