Snowboard Addiction

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
n8dahwg View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote n8dahwg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snowboard Addiction
    Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 8:02pm
Wasup everyone? My name is Nate Slemp and I'm a rep for a company called Snowboard Addiction. They're a relatively new company that specializes in quality snowboard instruction. They are the best of the best as far as teaching people how to tear it up. I made a little promo video for them and thought you guys might be interested.

As appreciation of letting me post on your forum I'm giving everyone a discount as well. Use: SBA10 to get a 10% discount from their site if you do decide to check out their product.

Anyways here is the link to the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOg24V7sRjo&feature=autofb
If you have any questions I'd be more than happy to answer them at n8dahwg@vt.edu
Enjoy and keep up the good shredding!
N8
bonkfisher5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Stepchild Chi Borg

Quote bonkfisher5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 8:10pm
I thought this was going to be a support group LOL

I am sure many of us on here are addicted...

The videos sound awesome! 
Crushing the whistler bike park! Check it out! http://www.pinkbike.com/video/215809/
laorider254 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote laorider254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 8:49pm

embedded for the lazy

The vids seem great, as a matter of fact i learned something new just watching the review
สดชีวิตอย่างเต็มที่แล้ว ............................ ตาย
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 10:37pm
Like the vid that was on the site, am sure the rest is just as good.
So far, this is the first instructional dvd set that I known of. You posting a thread here worked for me so far. I'll spread the word plus a...

Free bump.  Clap
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 11:12pm
ill say that its good that the people in the videos are actually good riders.  there are sooo many review videos out there that feature people who need to learn themselves.  take expert village for example.
humdingaling View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2010 at 11:56pm

SA is awesome step by step videos Thumbs Up

Free video on youtube

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side..
tw0scoops View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote tw0scoops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 2:39am
Originally posted by bonkfisher5

I thought this was going to be a support group LOL

Same here, lol.

My name is Steve, and I have problem :)

OP, Got any vids on carving?
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 2:58am
Good vids!
fini View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vorsprung durch Technik

Quote fini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 4:20am
I'm a subscriber to SA and I gotta say that the vids that they put together are very good.  I am by no means a pro or "excellent" rider.  I'd say somewhere in intermediate level.  the videos are perfect for my skill . 

in short:
quality, descriptive and visual teaching style.  well worth it for those in about the beginner-intermediate skill range looking for some instruction on how to get to the next level aside from self trial and error

Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 4:21am
I've been wanting these videos for quite a while.  A little too expensive for me to justify getting them for myself, tho.  Wish I had some friends around here that still actually liked to ride.
http://thench.com/garage/
fini View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vorsprung durch Technik

Quote fini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 5:21am

i know what you mean. i saw the vids and wanted them for a while.  after thinking back and forth a bit. i just decided to buy them and figured it at a cost of a week of not buying lunch and making it at home instead.....which is exactly what i did.  ...haha

shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 5:40am
Originally posted by spenser

ill say that its good that the people in the videos are actually good riders.  there are sooo many review videos out there that feature people who need to learn themselves.  take expert village for example.

It seems like you want to say more or no?

Would you recommend this product?  The review video makes the instruction look good.  I think they were showing these videos in the Burton Academy at N* but that might have been a different series.
fini View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vorsprung durch Technik

Quote fini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 5:46am
^^^
some of the instructional videos were made in conjunction with instructors with the burton academy at N*
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 5:49am
hmmm....the spinning freebie was cool.  already saw one thing I'm doing wrong, I'll have to check this out.  
-zakk

mikeman2459 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mikeman2459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 5:53am
looks pretty sweet
Local
Local

Quote mikeman2459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 5:56am
just a question, so I looked at the site and I can download the whole thing for 55 or buy the dvds for 91?
krisshono View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote krisshono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 6:13am
Those videos are awesome keep up the good work. Where are you guys out of?
fini View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vorsprung durch Technik

Quote fini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 6:35am
Originally posted by mikeman2459

just a question, so I looked at the site and I can download the whole thing for 55 or buy the dvds for 91?

yah, the digital download is for 55, which are lower resolution to keep the file sizes down i beileve.  also, the digital versions are in mp4 (i think) format with the intent so you can upload straight to your ipod.  the dvd's, you are paying for the physical copy and shipping costs.  I think the resolution is also higher (you can probably rip the vids off the dvd)

i bought the digital version and on my 15" laptop screen it's good resolution. but obvisouly if you were gonna play it on a big screen tv it would be noticeable.  probably like non HD youtube videos i would imagine.
jason.huenefeld View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jason.huenefeld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 8:36am
these videos are very informative, i have been searching for good videos and i randomly came across this forum friggin sweet!  can't wait to hit the slopes and try them out! think snow!
elmers_cow View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote elmers_cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 10:15am
i remember seeing these vids a year or 2 ago. for the price its selling at, i don't think ill ever pick them up-- $55 can pay for my gas or a lift ticket to a park.
let it snow
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 10:42am
^^^ Agree, $55 is not pocket change.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
Local
Local

Quote mikeman2459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 11:02am
Thats true too 55 is too much for just a digital copy, even with 10% off. Id rather just learn on the mountain for that price
determined View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote determined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 11:32am
While i was watching the video it reminded me of doug's how to videos.

Surprised nobody said this was spam or anything. You guys are slacking.
Dirtydragon View Drop Down
Local
Local
The Top oF Tahoe

Quote Dirtydragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 11:46am
someone do a group buy with me and i can rip the dvd :D
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 11:50am
Originally posted by determined

Surprised nobody said this was spam or anything. You guys are slacking.

I wouldn't really consider this spam
Grinch View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Grinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 11:50am
There videos look awesome. I hate it when instructional videos have bad riders. These videos look like the riders are really good. It is really nice to see companies like this trying to get more people involved in snowboarding.
Charb View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Charb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 12:05pm
yeah i agree. see who made these vids first.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 12:09pm
I like how they teach you some things that most other videos never mention about like the zig zag to the launch.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Myke_Hawke View Drop Down
Local
Local
My 2004 STi with 575 AWHP

Quote Myke_Hawke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 12:11pm
I also sub to them I enjoy the content they put out, not big in the trick department minus grabs, I find the advice useful in the jibbing side of things. I just can't seem to spin more than a 180 with out falling, so I'm thinking it's me not the advice.
Scotty
Skoojoo View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Quote Skoojoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 12:30pm
i actually have these vids and i must say that they are very useful for nearly all riders of almost any ability. I personally found the advanced jibbing to be the most helpful to my freestyle. However, these vids give me great ideas on how to teach my own students freestyle. Some of the subscription content can be rather enlightening on occasion as well. Only thing i wish they had included/made was a halfpipe instruction video. Overall, very good videos that will give you excellent visuals and a few key tips to success.
'10 Academy Team 152 w/ '10 Flux Super Titan
'10 Rome Pusher 150 w/ '10 Flux Super Emblem
'10 Sierra Stunt 147 w/ '10 Flux Super Emblem
'11 GNU LDT Park Pickle 153 w/ '10 Super Emblems
pauly p View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote pauly p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Skoojoo

i actually have these vids and i must say that they are very useful for nearly all riders of almost any ability. I personally found the advanced jibbing to be the most helpful to my freestyle. However, these vids give me great ideas on how to teach my own students freestyle. Some of the subscription content can be rather enlightening on occasion as well. Only thing i wish they had included/made was a halfpipe instruction video. Overall, very good videos that will give you excellent visuals and a few key tips to success.

nice vid
humdingaling View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2010 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Skoojoo

im pretty sure its covered somewhere
im looking at the mp3 playlist on my phone and has whole section on transitions

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side..
kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kirium81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 10:23am
I have these videos and agree that they are great videos and helped me out a lot. I am a pretty advanced rider and these helped me be more cognizant of the things you already do but just don't notice. So it helps to not get sloppy at the end of the runs. I also have it on my iphone so i can watch it on the lift for a little refresher and help visualizing a trick im working on. They have instructs for goofy and regular all in the package. Theres no substitute for just riding, but if $55 is not that much to you and you take a more cerebral attempt to learning how to ride park.. this is a great tool.

I agree, i wish i had a halfpipe section, didnt come with mine but i bought mine like 2 years ago.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 11:13am
Ok. I'm about to pull the trigger on the D/L's but wanted to know if you get both the goofy (me) and regular (wifey) downloads.  anyone know?
-zakk

rmazz112 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rmazz112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 11:19am
I just bought 3 different board lol im obsessed.
Local
Local

Quote mikeman2459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 11:24am
so is the bottom line riding is the best way to learn not videos?
McNack View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote McNack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 1:03pm
@zakk, ya man, you can download both. Also, you get a year subscription, which i wasn't sure about...but they throw another good vid my way every few months.

Can't say enough good stuff about SA. I spent the $50 and haven't regreted it for a second.
PaulH View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote PaulH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 1:17pm
Looks like this may be worth a look.
djinhwan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote djinhwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 2:53pm
some pretty legit vids there
my mom says im hardcore
Fmrfox View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Fmrfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 7:24pm
This looks really awesome. I love hitting the park but I could definitely improve a ton. I have a really hard time with spins too and that video was great. Wish I had the dough.
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 11:36pm
yeah same here, ive been watching their free vids on youtube, but cant sum up the $ to purchase the vids
dance like no one's watching
Mr8iggins View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Hi.

Quote Mr8iggins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 11:51pm
I really think I'm going to take up this offer, what harm can happen?
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 12:15am
i just did it! split the cost with my room mates.  $20 was reasonable for the entire freestyle set.

its a legit website by the way
crosek View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
3am in Austria, Graz =D My first board FTWO Prime

Quote crosek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 12:27am
Anyone wana split the costs with me? :)
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 3:29am
@McNack thanks for the info.  gonna get this when I get home tonight.  Everyone seems pleased with the videos, I'll take a chance
-zakk

fini View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vorsprung durch Technik

Quote fini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 4:11am

not sure if the promo still applies, but when i bought the freestyle set it came with a free 1 yr subscription.

during the course of the year, new videos are put up for subscribers to download.
some of the new ones included:
back country safety
advanced buttering and flatland tricks
etc.
yangbang View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote yangbang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 5:29am
nice, might buy the vids when I get my paycheck
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 6:18am
Can someone clarify if the videos come with the one year subscription?

For all those who say this is a lot of money and you rather learn on the hill well I can personally say I rode for three hours with an instructor they used in this series and after 10 years of riding I learned things from him that I did not know and might not ever have figured out.

Good instruction is so valuable imo.
fini View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vorsprung durch Technik

Quote fini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 7:00am
Originally posted by shwazy

Can someone clarify if the videos come with the one year subscription?

For all those who say this is a lot of money and you rather learn on the hill well I can personally say I rode for three hours with an instructor they used in this series and after 10 years of riding I learned things from him that I did not know and might not ever have figured out.

Good instruction is so valuable imo.

totally agree with bolded point.

the videos that come with the one year subscription is whatever is released during the time period. there is no gaurantee of how many or how often.  though, if i remember correctly, there was about 4-5 videos that i downloaded beyond what i paid for in the freestyle package.

Edit: just checked the subscriber area. there are 5 videos
- back country safety
- intro to buttering
- advance buttering
- learn 2 ride
- board setup
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 8:46am
i just bought the downloaded version last night, and it came with a 6 months free subscription.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>