Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 7>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dougfagel View Drop Down
Educator
Educator
Instructing How to Douglas!!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dougfagel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TruSnow International!!
    Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 9:36am

With Sierra changing over to TruSnow, the changes that have occurred mostly affected our International Membership and Customer Base. Our International Community Members are a group that we are striving to continue to support and further develop. This announcement is to address the changes that where made and what we are doing to embrace all aspects of the TruSnow Community!

Countries that TruSnow Ships to using FedEx

We are working with FedEx to expand the number of countries that we ship to. Restrictions placed on our account by FedEx are the main reason for the reduction in the number of international destinations. We also have to take into account our reoccurring fraud causes, which warrant certain areas of the world not viable shipping destinations. If you would like to see your country added to the list please let us know. We currently ship to these international destinations: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland & the United Kingdom.

Brands with International Shipping Restrictions

When Sierra was a dealer in good standing the shipping restrictions based on vendor agreements where supposed to be followed, as TruSnow now has in place. As TruSnow, we are not willing to risk losing any dealer agreements and must follow the vendor agreements that we sign with our extensive list of Brands. The shipping agreements set by the individual Brands is what allows them to be successful in the global market place. If that is an issue check out the brands that we can ship to all our international customers. We cannot ship these brands Internationally: 5150, Accurate, Adidas, Analog, Anon, Arbor, Bonfire, Burton, Byerly, Capita, Cappel, Coal, Dakine, DC, Electric, Emerica, ES, Etnies, Fischer, Forum, Foursquare, Fox, Full Tilt, Giro, GNU, Jeenyus, K2, Liberty, Lib Tech, Line, Marker, Merrell, Morrow, Nike, Nixon, The North Face, Oakley, Planet Earth, ProTec, Quiksilver, Rayban, Red, Reef, Ride, Ronix, Rossignol, Salomon, Special Blend, Straight Line, Tecnica,Thirty Two, Union, Vans, Volcom, Volkl, & Vonzipper

Free International Shipping

We have researched this option extensively and cannot find a way that we can offer free shipping without losing money on the overall order. The free international shipping program will not be reinstated due to international shipping rates being cost prohibitive with our FedEx shipping provider. Sierra had a very attractive international program going for a while, but it was simply unsustainable.

Minimum International Order

The adjustment to the minimum International Order has been adjusted from $20.00usd to $40.00usd due to avoid issues of the freight cost being more than the shopping cart total. We do not want our customers upset that they had to pay more for shipping fees than the total subtotal of their order.

International Order Processing

There have been a number of changes to our international order processing to help reduce fraud. We only accept payments from Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, & American Express) from countries that we ship to and currency exchange rates are converted by your Credit Card or Banks purchasing procedures.

Verify Your Order

All international orders will be verified by billing department. If there is a discrepancy with your billing information we will contact you (via email: help@trusnow.com) to resolve the issue. To ensure quick processing of your order please insure that your shipping address matches your billing address. If there is a billing issue that needs to be resolved on your order we may hold the shipment until the billing information can be verified.

International Order Limits

Orders shipped internationally have a Maximum merchandise sub-total amount of $1200.00, or a maximum purchase limit of 10 items per order. Special note to our AU customers, if you keep your order under $1000 AUD you will have little to no custom duties to pay!!

If your country has been removed from the shipping destinations please let us know and we will pursue adding your country back to the list.

TruSnow is striving to offer the best possible service and shopping experience for our International Community Members. Thanks for your understanding and loyalty through this transition!!

For more information on International Orders go to our International Thread, there is also an International link at the bottom of every page.

fini View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vorsprung durch Technik

Quote fini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 9:43am
it sucks that there is no longer going to be free international shipping based on a minimum purchase amount. 

Doug, can you comment on if there is a flat rate shipping charge? or will it be dependant on product value / type / quantity when calculating shipping internationally?
dougfagel View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Quote dougfagel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 9:55am
Shipping rates are dependent of these factors: Destination, Dimensions, Weight, & Number of Packages.
Jogol View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jogol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 10:03am
well...that sucks.

I think I gonna have to wait until someone gets his ass over the pond until I can make my next order. What a pity.
richardvoyageur View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 10:57am
Can't say I'm happy about this, I guess we got screwed again.

I don't necessarily believe the "unsustainable" part of Sierra's old "free shipping over $500" thing. 

Regardless, internationals got boned on this one, as we always do.
Jogol View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jogol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 11:04am
Free shipping over 1000$ would be awesome^^
Or just look for someone not that annoying as fedex...
slipnslide View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote slipnslide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 1:04pm
Why did the minimum international shipping cost jump from $25 to $44 in one go (no matter how small/light the product/s) - with no warning whatsoever?

What cost $25 to ship only a week ago now costs $44, what cost $44 to ship only a week ago now costs $75, and so on.

That doesn't look to me anything at all like "striving to continue to support and further develop" relations with international customers!
Charb View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Charb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 1:19pm
yeah Doug, Sierra has previoulsy shipped my whole gear to Dubai, United Arab Emirates. you need to update your international destination.
jake92 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jake92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 1:28pm
if you think it isnt effective to give free shipping is it possible to give discounted shipping..

eg at $200 you save 20% on shipping
and at $500 you save 50% on shipping

the shipping rates that you now have in place for internationals is rediculous and should be re-evaluated.
wpiass View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote wpiass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 1:30pm
if it's really that expensive for international folks, then might it be cheaper for ya to arrange a setup where someone receives domestically (US) and forwards on for a better rate?

just some food for thought from a penny pincher.
be talkin to ya
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote slipnslide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 1:41pm
FAR from "striving to continue to support and further develop" relations with international customers, it looks to me like international customers are subsidising TruHouse's policy of giving free shipping for domestic orders of only $50 or over!

Why not make it free shipping for domestic orders of $100 or over instead, then reasonable shipping deals for international customers wouldn't be so "unsustainable"?
romangarcia View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote romangarcia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 1:53pm
what about mexico?
humdingaling View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by wpiass

if it's really that expensive for international folks, then might it be cheaper for ya to arrange a setup where someone receives domestically (US) and forwards on for a better rate?

just some food for thought from a penny pincher.

fact of the matter is general public do not get better rates
even if we use USPS

if we use a mail forwarder, the rates are comparable but they take a fee so that is why we prefer to ship direct from store
Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side..
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by slipnslide

FAR from "striving to continue to support and further develop" relations with international customers, it looks to me like international customers are subsidising TruHouse's policy of giving free shipping for domestic orders of only $50 or over!

Why not make it free shipping for domestic orders of $100 or over instead, then reasonable shipping deals for international customers wouldn't be so "unsustainable"?

Large majority of their customers (not member base) base is probably domestic
ie i can be a member but not actually buy anything

Most on-line shops in america have the $100 free domestic shipping already

Maybe just maybe...Trusnow want appeal to this market but having lower free domestic shipping then their competitors

or maybe they just want to make more money cause they dont want business to go bankrupt again

just saying
Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side..
GUTH View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote GUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 2:58pm
You guys are all correct.   We here really want to go the extra effort to make you guys unhappy. That is our new business model. 

Seriously guys?  We havent even finished shipping over all the inventory to the new warehouses.  Give the guys over there some time to really get to know how we ran things here and merge them with how they run things over there.  

We had different shipping contracts with out shippers and unfortunately, they dont go with the sale.  

It is not a relatively sound idea to say, when you buy a company that went bankrupt, for what ever reason, to not immediately adopt its policies that may or may not have caused the bankruptcy to begin with??

Sierra, had different box sizes, different state taxes, different customer bases...  it can takes months to re-negotiate shipping contacts. 

The House is very much aware of the troubles it is causing and us at TruSnow and the House are going to be working very hard to get you the best possible deal. 

Its super disappointing to read this stuff and how un-understanding you guys are.   We have been good to you in the past, and we will do the best to be good to you in the future.  

*Insert Something Clever Here*
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote slipnslide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 3:52pm
So the minimum international shipping cost jumped from $25 to $44 in one go - and what cost $25 to ship only a week ago now costs $44, what cost $44 to ship only a week ago now costs $75, etc. etc., because all shipping is now priced according to The House's contract with FedEx?
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 4:00pm
that is correct slipnslide

welcome to the real world
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote slipnslide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 4:08pm
How do you know that for sure RastaRider? Do YOU work for The House?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 4:10pm

How do you know that for sure RastaRider? Do YOU work for The House?

no but i have the ability to read things and comprehend what people (aka GUTH) are saying, something you have shown you are not capable of.
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote slipnslide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 4:33pm
The point is, genius, YOU DO NOT KNOW for sure, YOU are just guessing. I wanted definitive clarification on THAT specific matter. THAT is why I asked GUTH the question, NOT YOU. You see, THAT'S what people do when they want facts, not just ignorant conjecture. Reckon you can wrap your tiny little brain around that one?
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 5:10pm
I am having a hard time believing slip n slide isn't just on here trying to troll everyone. He does nothing but complain and bash in every single thread he gets into.
Look slipnslide you are frusterated that you can't get good shipping any more. But what do you expect trusnow to do? The exact same thing that sierra did? Look what happened to sierra.. You can't expect Trusnow to take losses on international orders.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 5:18pm

The point is, genius, YOU DO NOT KNOW for sure, YOU are just guessing. I wanted definitive clarification on THAT specific matter. THAT is why I asked GUTH the question, NOT YOU. You see, THAT'S what people do when they want facts, not just ignorant conjecture. Reckon you can wrap your tiny little brain around that one?

"We had different shipping contracts with out shippers and unfortunately, they dont go with the sale.  

It is not a relatively sound idea to say, when you buy a company that went bankrupt, for what ever reason, to not immediately adopt its policies that may or may not have caused the bankruptcy to begin with??

Sierra, had different box sizes, different state taxes, different customer bases...  it can takes months to re-negotiate shipping contacts. "

i bolded/red the parts of GUTH's response that clearly answers your question as to whether or not the increased rates are because of shipping contracts with the house and fedex

try to read it through all your blind rage and maybe you will be able to comprehend what is right in front of you.
bugsbunnymydad View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Quote bugsbunnymydad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 5:48pm
Hey guys, thanks for the updates. It's amazing how people forget what Sierra did for its international customers.

BUT, I do have a concern with delayed orders... Everything that has happened I can deal with.

My order was put in October 28th with no update since then. My credit card hasn't been charged or anything yet. Was my order ever accepted? I just want to know if it is being processed or if it was canceled. I tried to PM Doug and email help but no responses. Any other online retailer and I would be very concerned.

I'm not sure if this is only happening with international orders or what.
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote slipnslide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 6:33pm
RastaRider, if you really think that GUTH's generic response "clearly answers" my specific question, then you are in serious need of reading and comprehension lessons!

What do I "expect" robsta? Simple, how about TruHouse staff at least acknowledge customers' specific questions? That too much to ask???

As bugsbunnymydad points out, even PM's are not being replied to. Whether it's on forums, emails or PM, customers are being ignored. While this continues, unfortunately it looks like saturating the forums with messages of discontent at least gets some response. Deal with it.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 6:42pm

RastaRider, if you really think that GUTH's generic response "clearly answers" my specific question, then you are in serious need of reading and comprehension lessons!

What do I "expect" robsta? Simple, how about TruHouse staff at least acknowledge customers' specific questions? That too much to ask???

As bugsbunnymydad points out, even PM's are not being replied to. Whether it's on forums, emails or PM, customers are being ignored. While this continues, unfortunately it looks like saturating the forums with messages of discontent at least gets some response. Deal with it.

some day you will get a harsh slap in the face from reality

til then keep living in your fantasy world bitching and whining about anything and everything you possibly can

your "specific question" was whether or not the rise in shipping is due to the houses contract with fedex, which GUTH clearly answered

since it seems as though through all of your bitching and raging you forgot what you originally said let me refresh your memory "So the minimum international shipping cost jumped ... because all shipping is now priced according to The House's contract with FedEx?"

now that thats cleared up let me reiterate GUTH's post that CLEARLY answers your "specific" question 
We had different shipping contracts with out shippers and unfortunately, they dont go with the sale.  

Sierra, had different box sizes, different state taxes, different customer bases...  it can takes months to re-negotiate shipping contacts. "

again your question of "is the rise of international shipping due to the house's contracts with fedex" is CLEARLY answered with GUTH's response "We had different shipping contracts with out shippers and unfortunately, they dont go with the sale."

he really couldnt explain it any clearer

i was really hoping the color coding would help a person of your intelligence, apparently i need to draw it in crayons for you to understand or something.
zhenjie View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote zhenjie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 6:56pm
It's probably obvious to everyone already that slipnslide can't read CLEAR messages already posted. He'll just continue to rant and rave like a looney, much to the enjoyment of the Sierra community Clap

For some odd reason he has taken an increase in shipping rates extremely personally. Strange fellow.
dougfagel View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Quote dougfagel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Charb

yeah Doug, Sierra has previoulsy shipped my whole gear to Dubai, United Arab Emirates. you need to update your international destination.

Charb, thanks for letting us know we will work to bring that shipping destination back.

- Doug

Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 7:00pm
he must be listening to too much shannon noll!!

WHAT ABOUT ME!!!!!! it isnt fair!!! LOL

Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote slipnslide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 7:31pm
Actually, you illiterate cretins, I was asking for clarification specifically regarding the minimum international shipping cost jumping from $25 to $44 in one go. The fact that I included specific figures, clearly means that they are intrinsic to my query. Learn to read.

Yep, I blame the dismal state of the public education system.
dougfagel View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Quote dougfagel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 7:37pm
Slipnslide, you created your account on Oct 24 and the email tied to it just to come on to this forum and cause problems. I would appreciate it you changed your conduct here at Trusnow.

No one is making you spend so much time here at TruSnow if you don't like it I recommend spending your time elsewhere.

This is spam because it is just a repost of what you posted a few posts earlier.

So the minimum international shipping cost jumped from $25 to $44 in one go - and what cost $25 to ship only a week ago now costs $44, what cost $44 to ship only a week ago now costs $75, etc. etc., because all shipping is now priced according to The House's contract with FedEx?
alex75000 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote alex75000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 7:51pm
I was planning to order some gear...but we really have been screwed over here...
dougfagel View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Quote dougfagel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 7:59pm
Happy to help you out. I never did receive a PM from you, but lets get your order squared away.

Please send me a PM with your order number and we will get it straighten out.

Originally posted by bugsbunnymydad

Hey guys, thanks for the updates. It's amazing how people forget what Sierra did for its international customers.

BUT, I do have a concern with delayed orders... Everything that has happened I can deal with.

My order was put in October 28th with no update since then. My credit card hasn't been charged or anything yet. Was my order ever accepted? I just want to know if it is being processed or if it was canceled. I tried to PM Doug and email help but no responses. Any other online retailer and I would be very concerned.

I'm not sure if this is only happening with international orders or what.
Nessie View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Start em young!!! (3yrs old)

Quote Nessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 8:18pm
Does anyone know how long it will be before shipping rates etc are negotiated with fedex? and if they are not do you ship to places like ship happens at the border and we can just drive across and pick it up?

Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Quote bugsbunnymydad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by dougfagel

Happy to help you out. I never did receive a PM from you, but lets get your order squared away.

Please send me a PM with your order number and we will get it straighten out.

Thanks Doug, I sent the PM.
citac View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote citac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 11:48pm
Doug thank you for the post, its straight to the point with no bullshit i like that.

- shipping still sucks, raising the minimum just pointed out the insanely obvious that this site has changed not only to abide by vendor agreements, which i totally agree with, but now.. who ever owns the business (i dont care who owns it) wants to line every sale with additional profit buy raising the size of the minimum purchase, end of the day it will lose you customers.

- i love the amount of brands you can ship to Australia +1
- if you can try work out an agreement for a slighty cheaper shipping for higher placed orders that would be fantastic

At the end of the Day im not going to cry or give a crap if i have to pay shipping or not, as long as the product is at a good price,Eg cheaper than Aus stores.

Once again GREAT POST cleared everything up i had questions about, to all the people bitching about the changes who live in other countries move to america problem fixed.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 3:07am
Originally posted by RastaRider

Easy to say when you are, by the looks of things, posting from Colorado and get free shipping over $50.  Try not even getting free shipping when you spend a grand.

I'm not trolling when I say I won't be making any more purchases from this site until this is worked out.  I really do hope they can renegotiate something sooner than later, as I've enjoyed buying from this site.  $45 is crazy when I have guys from Ebay sending me large enough items with USPS for less than $20.
Myke_Hawke View Drop Down
Local
Local
My 2004 STi with 575 AWHP

Quote Myke_Hawke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 3:32am
Well imagine they didn't ship to where you are, then you'd have to use a shipping company, have it sent there, then pay for them to ship to you.  I'm over here in England for the USAF and I can't get them to send to my APO,which from the postal side is a US address. I too wish they would use USPS so I can make orders with out having to pay shipping for my stuff over $50.
Scotty
azn_dan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Me and the wifey at stowe

Quote azn_dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 3:33am
Originally posted by richardvoyageur

Easy to say when you are, by the looks of things, posting from Colorado and get free shipping over $50.  Try not even getting free shipping when you spend a grand.

I'm not trolling when I say I won't be making any more purchases from this site until this is worked out.  I really do hope they can renegotiate something sooner than later, as I've enjoyed buying from this site.  $45 is crazy when I have guys from Ebay sending me large enough items with USPS for less than $20.
I just noticed your from ontario (safe to assume toronto?) and your not using the free shipping within the states to your availability?

I ship all my gear to buffalo so that i can avoid the shipping costs, the customs charges and most of all the crap ass MSRP/deals we get in the Canada. There is no way around it. All the other retailers state side will always charge shipping to send you things to canada. If you want more info let me know (practically have shipped all my 13 or so orders to buffalo for a 6$ pick up[each])
'10 Forces - '10 TRS - '10 Rulers '09 Blunt - '09 Freestyles - '09 Motos
Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Quote bugsbunnymydad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 3:36am

Well for smaller items like clothing, shoes, and accessories, it is true you can find better shipping deals on ebay or other retailers. But I would disagree and say that the large items are fair. The cheapest shipping on ebay for boards/bindings to Japan is around ~$45...which is about the same as what Sierra offers. But when you add multiple items, then Trusnow is the better deal for large orders. My order last week of over a thousand bucks had a shipping cost of $116. That's a pretty sweet deal compared to the other big snowboard retailers. That's at least $80-150 cheaper than dogfunk or backcountry.

Could it be cheaper? Of course I want it to be...no one wants to spend extra money but what are you gonna do... Would've been nice to have free shipping over ~$600-700 if they couldn't do $500. $600-700 is like a snowboard plus bindings or boots. It seems like a nice reward to offer free shipping to someone getting their whole setup here. Ah well.

Edit - If you're from Canada, do what azn_dan does. It's so much easier. Or like back when I lived in Vancouver, I just had a lot of orders(not sierra or boarding stuff but same kinda deal) sent to my bud's place in Seattle. Obviously way cheaper shipping and no brand restrictions. Just take all your items out of the box and chuck those before you head back.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 4:05am
Originally posted by azn_dan

I just noticed your from ontario (safe to assume toronto?) and your not using the free shipping within the states to your availability?

I ship all my gear to buffalo so that i can avoid the shipping costs, the customs charges and most of all the crap ass MSRP/deals we get in the Canada. There is no way around it. All the other retailers state side will always charge shipping to send you things to canada. If you want more info let me know (practically have shipped all my 13 or so orders to buffalo for a 6$ pick up[each])

I'm about 6 hours away from Buffalo or I'd be doing this for sure.  I have been aware of it for a while but it's simply too far away to be of any convenience.  Thanks for the tip though guys.
fini View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vorsprung durch Technik

Quote fini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 4:07am

the problem with that is time and money.
to get to buffalo and back is probably in itself is probably $25 depending on what car you drive and how far you need to go to get to buffalo. 

also factor in the time it takes to get there, get back, go through the border, etc.... afterall, time is money. 

the buffalo route is not worth the $45 savings for me, and i'm sure a lot of others too. 
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 4:21am
Doug, there is nothing in there about international customers shipping to a US address.  Although, from most of the posts in here, I think people assume it is still possible.  I also know that previous threads have indicated it is possible as well, but since this is the new official stickied announcement...

Can you confirm?
romangarcia View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote romangarcia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 6:05am
Originally posted by GUTH

You guys are all correct.   We here really want to go the extra effort to make you guys unhappy. That is our new business model. 

Seriously guys?  We havent even finished shipping over all the inventory to the new warehouses.  Give the guys over there some time to really get to know how we ran things here and merge them with how they run things over there.  

We had different shipping contracts with out shippers and unfortunately, they dont go with the sale.  

Sierra, had different box sizes, different state taxes, different customer bases...  it can takes months to re-negotiate shipping contacts. 

The House is very much aware of the troubles it is causing and us at TruSnow and the House are going to be working very hard to get you the best possible deal. 

Its super disappointing to read this stuff and how un-understanding you guys are.   We have been good to you in the past, and we will do the best to be good to you in the future.  

Clap sometimes people forgot that this is a business 
dougfagel View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Quote dougfagel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 6:50am
You have to make sure that any address for shipping is in line with your credit cards billing address or you will have to contact us to verify your order. This is done to avoid fraud.

We do not support the use of freight forwarding, solely due to the fact that it compromises our vendor agreements with these brands: 32, Analog, Anon, Burton, Forum, Foursquare, Gravis, Gnu, K2, Lib Tech, Liquid Force, Line, Oakley, Red, Ride, Roxy, Special Blend, Vans, Volkl.

Originally posted by mech9t5

Doug, there is nothing in there about international customers shipping to a US address.  Although, from most of the posts in here, I think people assume it is still possible.  I also know that previous threads have indicated it is possible as well, but since this is the new official stickied announcement...

Can you confirm?
snowboardJoffa View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote snowboardJoffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 7:00am
kinda sucks, still remember don't buy if you don't like it. maybe things will change then! thats what mike, m. said about burton a while back. same things goes for this.

a side note, you still ship to sweden, thats good news.

ps. doug, milk anything that can be milked! get them tiger ds.
willo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Cerro Bayo - Patagonia

Quote willo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 7:06am
It seems a crazy thing! Hypothetical buyers want to impose rules of sale. They are not selling articles of first necessity. The seller sells as you want. And for the potential buyer is not, whether to other side. And if the seller does not sell much with those rules, them must longer change without anyone being imposed. Do not forget that we are at the beginning of the season and that limited discounts, is obvious.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 7:12am
the only reason Sierra shipped Burton Intl was as a big F U to burton... Vendor agreements will be strictly adhered to now under Trusnow.  Needless to say things won't be changing.
MOAR powderz plz!
jrbeilke View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote jrbeilke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 7:12am
We knew things were going to change and unfortunately international shipping was one of those things.

Thanks for keeping everyone up to date Doug and GUTH, keep up the good work!
azn_dan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Me and the wifey at stowe

Quote azn_dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 7:16am
Originally posted by fini

the problem with that is time and money.
to get to buffalo and back is probably in itself is probably $25 depending on what car you drive and how far you need to go to get to buffalo. 

also factor in the time it takes to get there, get back, go through the border, etc.... afterall, time is money. 

the buffalo route is not worth the $45 savings for me, and i'm sure a lot of others too. 

i actually go shopping/gambling in buffalo every so often, so i just store my packages there until i am ready for pick up. Dare i ask, have you never gone state side shopping? There is more to saving on sierra, when in the states. Take into account the outlet malls, the free liquor at the casino and whatever other things, i just find that shipping it state side is just another perk. For example, when i bought my TRS, final out the door price after the price adjustment ended being 279$, i highly doubt i can get that in canada. That alone is also not a measily 40$ in savings.
'10 Forces - '10 TRS - '10 Rulers '09 Blunt - '09 Freestyles - '09 Motos
zer0access View Drop Down
Local
Local
Me

Quote zer0access Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 7:43am
Is there any chance that International shipping would include Russia? Lots of folks here are ready to buy some gear :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>