Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 32>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Online Status: Online
  Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gopro Giveaway
    Posted: Feb/25/2014 at 11:12am
Not the best thread but still a little bit of discussion.

http://www.trusnow.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=32490&PID=639200

I have 2 but I still enter anyways.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Pheonix_boarder View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Wakeboarding is the Australian Off season Snowboarding

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pheonix_boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2014 at 6:07pm
Alright so this is a bit off topic, but does anyone know of a thread about good places to mount GoPro's for Skiing/Snowboarding? (For those of us who couldn't wait to win one and just bought one)

Is it bad that I still enter this comp from time to time for the chance of winning a second one? These cameras are the best!
All or Nothing
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2013 at 3:24pm
Anyone noticed that the giveaway tab on the side isn't there anymore?  But the giveaway page is still up if you know the url link.  When word of Contour going under came out, Best Buy was having a major clearance sale in store only.  I only saw Contour and not GoPro for sale in Japan, but it was not cheap.
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2013 at 4:10am
Originally posted by keljai

same here, its too bad they dont post how many people enter to give me a probability of winning
It actually does at the bottom of the page when you enter. Haven't entered in ages so i don't know if the counter still works or not thou. 

ive seen it once on fb with the crap load of winning...
I've seen it posted 2x on facebook. 
But yer, i do think at times that it may be a waste of time. Then again... they do have a butt load of cash behind them now. 
Originally posted by SoCalRyder

I'm sure they give them out. They give so many to sponsored (and even unsponsored sometimes) riders. My friend's sister is sponsored by GP and though she's low on the totem pole she gets a GP now and then from what I hear. I wish I knew her but I doubt that would net me a GP. 

I'm actually sad to hear that Contour went under. I actually want one because of the self leveling feature. Plus it eliminates competition. If Sony could get it right we could have some real benefits for us consumers. 

Lastly, wow nobody signs on here anymore. I remember the recent community page would refresh every few minutes. Now the gap between posts is about 2 days.
They went under!?!? I didn't know that. Very sad to hear. 
I was considering to change to one, it has its merits over GP on some aspects. 
And i think sony is far from being a solid competitor to GP, I've tried it but wasn't too impressed after using the GP3 black in protune mode. 
If only Queensland had snow...
SoCalRyder View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
My little guy showin up the old man

Quote SoCalRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2013 at 3:08pm
I'm sure they give them out. They give so many to sponsored (and even unsponsored sometimes) riders. My friend's sister is sponsored by GP and though she's low on the totem pole she gets a GP now and then from what I hear. I wish I knew her but I doubt that would net me a GP.

I'm actually sad to hear that Contour went under. I actually want one because of the self leveling feature. Plus it eliminates competition. If Sony could get it right we could have some real benefits for us consumers.

Lastly, wow nobody signs on here anymore. I remember the recent community page would refresh every few minutes. Now the gap between posts is about 2 days.
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2013 at 5:44pm
ive seen it once on fb with the crap load of winning...
for fantastic outdoor deals, checkout:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/KelvinChung
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2013 at 1:33pm
That may be true considering I have never seen anyone even post picture proof of ever receiving their prize, not even on their FB.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2013 at 6:58am
^ It's all a scam, GoPro wants you to think they are giving away one of everything they make every day so they look like they are giving back... but they are not!  The Winners list is fake, a bunch of made-up names and locations.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2013 at 6:48am
You know, I don't think that the guy that posted that he won ever posted on the forums ever again?  I think I PMed him asking about it and no reply.

...very suspicious...

'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2013 at 2:57pm
no they didn't
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2013 at 2:51pm
I always enter, but did that one member that won ever post pics?
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2013 at 9:45am
same here, its too bad they dont post how many people enter to give me a probability of winning
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2013 at 7:58am
I enter everytime I log into TS, ditto on the win.
There are days I forget to enter but im pretty consistent
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2013 at 7:08am
I submit an entry every morning as long as I can remember, no dice.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2013 at 7:07am
Has anyone won one of these yet?
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2013 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by sideways99

Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Haha, yeah I record but never cropped or edited any of my videos either although I don't even record much.  Not only is the camera itself is expensive, the housing and accessories are bonkers in price that's why I never bothered to buy any accessories.

But all you do with your GoPro is set it on the nightstand next to your bed and press the button to start/stop recording.
Until the girlfriend asks what's that red blinking on the night stand. LOL

Haha, i think most people are too lazy edit or thier shots didn't turn out as imagined. haha
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2013 at 9:08am

Haha, yeah I record but never cropped or edited any of my videos either although I don't even record much.  Not only is the camera itself is expensive, the housing and accessories are bonkers in price that's why I never bothered to buy any accessories.

But all you do with your GoPro is set it on the nightstand next to your bed and press the button to start/stop recording.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2013 at 8:50am
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2013 at 3:39am
^thats funny you say that, that was sort of my motivation for buying, but then didn't really know how to crop video. and my video wasn't as stable as l would like either.
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2013 at 11:27pm

It's still going on but still haven't won once yet.  LOL  So far, we've only heard of one member from TS has won so far.  
But no proof after and he never posted back. 
Only ever seen 2 people on facebook posting up a picture of their won prize(s) thanking GoPro. 

The amount of sales they get would be crazy... So smart at pulling people in with their awesome videos, advertising everywhere you walk around and selling an upgraded version every year or so. People who don't even use the damn thing buy them just because of their cool videos, then sell them off because it doesn't get enough use then buys the new one that comes out!!! 

Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 1:05pm

don't get me started on shoes. I think that's a racket. particularly skate shoes. I don't think there's enough r&d etc to justify how much they cost. and the stupid heel part is always what wears out first.

Maybe their R&D department designed them to wear out in the heels prematurely ;)
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SoCalRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 12:59pm
bhahaha. you guys are funny. i'm speculating too. i'm just trying to add to a discussion from my experience. it's not an answer to all product categories. I'm not suggesting the markup isn't significant. nor am I making excuses. I just don't believe the cost is that low. do I know for sure? uh no. as I said the economy of scale now may bring it to that price point now. but I'm just pointing out to some that the cost of something isn't just the actual manufacturing cost. its not that simple for something like this. maybe the stuff at your 99 cent stores. I would like to know what it costs though

the giveaway is part of their marketing model in addition to driving traffic/interest in their website/products. same way TruSnow does. even if cost them 200 to make. giving away 365 in a year is still less than 100k (according to mental math). 100k in marketing is nothing for a mutli-million dollar co.

if you've owned your own business you get what I'm getting at. I don't care as much abnout what something costs as much as what I'm willing to pay.

don't get me started on shoes. I think that's a racket. particularly skate shoes. I don't think there's enough r&d etc to justify how much they cost. and the stupid heel part is always what wears out first.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Superorb

everything is made in China. I heard Mexicans are made in China.

but really it may coast $25. though I highly doubt that. but economy of scale will impact that. especialy now thst thery are so popular. but people forget about r&d, machining, tooling, prototypes etc. thast costs a lot. I spec'd and submitted bid requests for an item that cost me less than a dollar to make but it's the startup etc that adds some significant cost to the product. I get it, Americans (really everybody) have an insatiable appetite for cheap products but at what expense? is GoPro making a ton of money? sure. but keep in mind that things like the ps3 and nexus 7 and lots of technology items are sold at cost or below just to compete. they make it up on the accessories etc. I'd like to see the cost breakdown of a GoPro though.

What's your excuse for Apple products?

and basketball shoes...
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 10:47am

but really it may coast $25. though I highly doubt that. but economy of scale will impact that. especialy now thst thery are so popular. but people forget about r&d, machining, tooling, prototypes etc. thast costs a lot. I spec'd and submitted bid requests for an item that cost me less than a dollar to make but it's the startup etc that adds some significant cost to the product. I get it, Americans (really everybody) have an insatiable appetite for cheap products but at what expense? is GoPro making a ton of money? sure. but keep in mind that things like the ps3 and nexus 7 and lots of technology items are sold at cost or below just to compete. they make it up on the accessories etc. I'd like to see the cost breakdown of a GoPro though.

What's your excuse for Apple products?
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 10:33am
Understood.  But gopro has been out for awhile.  The new ones aren't that much different then the old ones.  I'm sure they have made up their RnD costs BEFORE they started giving them away.  

We are just speculating on how they can afford to give so many away.  
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SoCalRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 10:15am

MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 10:02am
Oh, if only those were real links...

I actually think I prefer the Contour camera over the go pro.  It has better...contours...
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 9:18am
It's probably made in China to begin with.  LOL  There's a few wannabes out in the market although I don't know how they compare but they're a lot cheaper.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 7:13am

on another note I haven't been to this site in a while. I can't believe a post telling me about the GoPro giveaway got me here. I used to enter daily. but I havernt in maybe 6 months or so.

BTW - did you hear that TruSnow gives away a snowboard every Monday, Wednesday and Friday? Check it out here: www.oldnews.com/statingtheobvious/causeboydoineedalotofpointstogetafreeshirt

You haven't missed much here, overall the forums seem to be going to hell.

Hmmm, your link doesn't seem to work for me, maybe SwarleyAUS should try:

www.oldnews.com/readthethread/beforeposting/stupidmessage/becauseyouare/tryingtoohard/forafreetshirt.html

Wink
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 7:10am
I bet it costs less than $25 to manufacture one GoPro camera. Everything is plastic, and the Chinese are very good at driving down the cost of small electronics. I'm sure marketing and R&D make up a large cost for them.
Snow Day Colorado

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SoCalRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 6:21am
^i doubt its that cheap to make. is it marked up pretty good. quite possibly. but there's a lot more that goes into the cost of a product than just materials and manufacturing labor. I mean SOMEONE has to pay for a few dozen free cameras to take pictures of Sheckler jumping over a taxi. who do you think pays for all the free gear sponsered riders get? :)

on another note I haven't been to this site in a while. I can't believe a post telling me about the GoPro giveaway got me here. I used to enter daily. but I havernt in maybe 6 months or so.

BTW - did you hear that TruSnow gives away a snowboard every Monday, Wednesday and Friday? Check it out here: www.oldnews.com/statingtheobvious/causeboydoineedalotofpointstogetafreeshirt
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 4:55am
Every morning since the beginning of 2011 I log into TruSnow and to the gopro giveaway.  They must be making some BANK!  Not only all they sell and the daily giveaway, but whenever there is some big event, they donate a crap ton for footage, like a dozen just on one rally car!  

But it's really just an HD webcam in a solid casing.  I bet it costs them about $25 to make.  
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2013 at 9:39am
It's still going on but still haven't won once yet.  LOL  So far, we've only heard of one member from TS has won so far.  
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2013 at 6:21am
^^ LMAO
I've been entering this almost every time i log into TS and still have not won...and i get emails from them even if i uncheck the box that says send me stuff
Crazy if they've really been giving out prizes daily, Imagine all the product! plus all that's being sold..
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2013 at 4:38am
Originally posted by SwarleyAUS

Does everyone know about the GoPro giveaways running at the moment? Daily prize of a camera or accessories I believe - http://gopro.com/daily-giveaway
Um...isn't that the entire point of this thread?  
I know that nowadays kids have a hard time reading through entire threads before posting, but at the very least you should try to read the first post of a thread.  That is usually a good indicator of what the thread is about.  
SwarleyAUS View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote SwarleyAUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 8:25pm
Does everyone know about the GoPro giveaways running at the moment? Daily prize of a camera or accessories I believe - http://gopro.com/daily-giveaway
K2 Darkstar | LibTech MC Kink | Burton Mission, Moto, Grill | Smith I/O, Gage | Drift HD Ghost
teaker View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote teaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2013 at 4:49pm
Niiice! Wish me luck- been wanting a gopro fo' eva!
Phififophum View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Phififophum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2012 at 12:09pm

I want to win this already!!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 5:11pm

@koji
youre right that the white ed is the same as the H1. But in my case it makes more sense to get a White (H3W) over an H2. Mainly because i want wifi access. White = Standard, H2 = $100 option. Secondly I only use the 1080@ 30fps and the 720@60fps. I would probably never use the 4k or 2k at those frame rates. I also never use the camera feature. Although the time-lapses are pretty interesting but not useful for me. But what i am not clear on is whether the H3W has the same optics as the H1 or H2 or H3. If its the same as an H1 or H2 then that may swing me over to an H2 or H3S or H3B

So getting wifi over the additional features in the H2 is more important when it comes to cost. Now if someone wants to sell their h2 for much less than a new H2 then hit me up.

Totally hear you on that. I'm not rushing ahead and buying one, mainly because my HD hero1's don't get much use anyway. I don't think i'd ever use the additional features listed as well. 4k is awesome for such a small camera but it'd chew your memory up and I editing would be a pain as well (i think?)

But it looks like with Hero3 you would have to get new mounts for some of the straps too like the wrist strap because isn't the housing different?
That and the chest mount i think. Apart from that thou, they can all be mounted on normally can't they? since the other mounts don't incorporate the casing but are just mounts.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 8:55am
But it looks like with Hero3 you would have to get new mounts for some of the straps too like the wrist strap because isn't the housing different?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SoCalRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 8:28am
Sorry didnt read any of the previous posts.

@A.M.Y.
Its a tough call. GP v Sony. I'd like to try one out before i make a decision.
Sony - I like image stabilization, wifi, Exmor sensor (increased low-light sensitivity), body shape and Zeiss lens. But how those net out in the real world remain to be seen.
GoPro - I have a lot of their accessories and it has similar specs to the Sony. But going for it is the low-light sensitivity, better optics, wi-fi built in now, 1080@60 video and 30fps for 3 seconds on pics is pretty darn awesome. I have some cool ideas if i can run 1 H3 shooting 30fps pics with another Hero shooting video of the same scene. Also, I don't really like plastic mounts though. But bof cams have them.

Sony always markets their dying line of memory sticks. But they wont shoot themselves in the foot and make it the only option. Everyone is moving to microSD in this arena. Plus, people should be happy that Sony has entered the game. This will only benefit the consumer unless one of them leaves the market.

BUT I'm hoping either co offers industry discounts like they sometimes do at shows. But the big show isn't until April. Last show didn't have squat. LMK if you're interested in a either one. Oh and I think i can still get fity off Monster headphones (except Beats) if you're interested.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SoCalRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 8:05am
@koji
youre right that the white ed is the same as the H1. But in my case it makes more sense to get a White (H3W) over an H2. Mainly because i want wifi access. White = Standard, H2 = $100 option. Secondly I only use the 1080@ 30fps and the 720@60fps. I would probably never use the 4k or 2k at those frame rates. I also never use the camera feature. Although the time-lapses are pretty interesting but not useful for me. But what i am not clear on is whether the H3W has the same optics as the H1 or H2 or H3. If its the same as an H1 or H2 then that may swing me over to an H2 or H3S or H3B

So getting wifi over the additional features in the H2 is more important when it comes to cost. Now if someone wants to sell their h2 for much less than a new H2 then hit me up.

highway12south View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 11:45pm
Good find on the 2 at that price ! 
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 11:25pm

l dont even mind gopro hd one.. just want it for a cheap pric.. within 100 if possible haha. SOMEONE PM ME when they find it
I want to sell my 2 Gopro HD hero 1's if interested. PM if keen? 

Finally an H3 I might actually buy. Now we're talking. But for 4 bills that's a little steep for a "throw away" camera. But def something to look at. I can get 2 H2/HD3 Whites for about the same price and that's kind of more useful to me. OR get a Sony with Image Stabilization and use the money save to almost pay for another H2 or the White Edition 

The good: 
- Smaller Size - I always hated the boxiness of the past Heors 
- Improved optics - to me the GoPro (stock) always looked like a phone video 
- 1080 @ 60fps - Daddy likes! 
- Wi-Fi built in 
- 12MP Pics @ 30FPS - Yes! BUT how many frames for how many seconds. If its just one second then kind of a let down. 
- 2x image processor - I like faster 
- 2x better low-light sensitivity - thanks. I hated shooting in low light with this - but considering the size it was decent 
- Better Optics/lens - about time. now we can take the footage seriously. 

Ehh: 
- 4k at 12/15fps - a step in the right direction but useless in action sports. BUT since you can only shoot at ultra-wide makes it very limited. 
- 2.7k at 24/30fps - OK now this is interesting. BUT with only the ultra-wide FOV as an option I probably wouldnt use it 
- MicroSD cards - me no likey but that's the trade-off for size 
- Enhanced audio - i never use the audio from the cam anyway 

Edit: Sorry I meant this for the Black Edition. 

Just a heads up, the white edition is only the same specs as the HD hero1. probably better to go for the Hero2 if its at the same price? 

@ctoma Just a heads up, from what i read, All the GoPro3's have built in wifi. Friend only recently bought a Hero2. He's crushed needless to say. Not going to buy my next one until my actual next trip to the snow. Which looks like nz in 1 years time.... Might have the hero4 by then!? LOL
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 10:55am
Will the Sony use their stupid proprietary memory cards like they've done for years? 
Snow Day Colorado

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 10:17am

Originally posted by ctoma

It can detect swamp ass and the Sony cannot.  Based on that you should buy the Sony.

But do I really want to detect swamp ass?  LOL

Which is why I recommend you purchase the Sony, the Sony cannot detect swamp ass.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 10:14am
Originally posted by ctoma

It can detect swamp ass and the Sony cannot.  Based on that you should buy the Sony.

But do I really want to detect swamp ass?  LOL
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 10:04am

How does this compare to the Sony one?  It's a much different price gap.

Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 9:56am

Finally an H3 I might actually buy. Now we're talking. But for 4 bills that's a little steep for a "throw away" camera. But def something to look at. I can get 2 H2/HD3 Whites for about the same price and that's kind of more useful to me. OR get a Sony with Image Stabilization and use the money save to almost pay for another H2 or the White Edition

The good:
- Wi-Fi built in
- 12MP Pics @ 30FPS - Yes! BUT how many frames for how many seconds. If its just one second then kind of a let down.
- 2x better low-light sensitivity - thanks. I hated shooting in low light with this - but considering the size it was decent

Ehh:
- 4k at 12/15fps - a step in the right direction but useless in action sports. BUT since you can only shoot at ultra-wide makes it very limited.
- 2.7k at 24/30fps - OK now this is interesting. BUT with only the ultra-wide FOV as an option I probably wouldnt use it

How does this compare to the Sony one?  It's a much different price gap.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SoCalRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 9:30am

The good:
- Wi-Fi built in

Ehh:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>