Gopro Giveaway

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 2728293031 32>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gopro Giveaway
    Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 2:42pm
I still do it almost every day...but i bet millions of people are doing it...
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 3:01pm
Nice, I'm going to start entering daily. Hadn't seen this thread until now...

Thanks for bumping it up lighting80.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2012 at 6:33am
Its been stickied!
when in the world did that happen? hahaha I remember bumping this a while back.
looks like they finally updated their winners list.. last time i saw it, it was on january 29th
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2012 at 4:07am
I don't think it's been updated because my name is still not on the list...

and yea, when did this get sticky?  LOL!  Maybe that's why Doug was asking why I kept bumping this thread...
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2012 at 10:43am
LOL!! were u bumping it? hahaha
What's your name and city? the list i'm looking at is updated.
TTowncrazy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Keystone 2012

Quote TTowncrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2012 at 11:19am
yeah ive been filling out that form for the past month and it gets pretty depressing when people all the way from argentina or netherlands win
ianbejamin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ianbejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2012 at 11:26am
has anyone on this thread won it? I would guess yes but i don't feel like searching through 30 pages to see
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2012 at 11:53am
I've entered day after day and never won, much like another daily give-away I log in forCry
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2012 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by jhoang6

LOL!! were u bumping it? hahaha
What's your name and city? the list i'm looking at is updated.
My name isn't on the list because I haven't won!

But yeah, one guy back on page 8 or something won, but we never heard back from him after...
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
LittleShooey View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2012 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by snowj720

I've entered day after day and never won, much like another daily give-away I log in forCry

It'd be fair to say your chance at winning the TS giveaway twice is better than winning the GoPro giveaway once. There is a lot more publicity (I heard they were even doing TV ads?) for GoPro than TS. 
Senior TS dinosaur drawer-er.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2012 at 7:53am
daily giveaways are tough...I've logged on for who knows how long now.. probably back to page 2 on this hahaha surprised to see it all the way to 30 pages now.

damn it Mrmeaty. i thought u won. You've alrdy won a board here.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2012 at 8:38am
Shooey is right on with his comment.  I've won the TS giveaway twice (one board, one bag) but not the gopro yet.  So I guess that means I'm due, right?  LOL! 
I also won a pair of Ride boots from Boa of their facebook contest just before Christmas...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2012 at 8:45am
This he is a she. LOL 

And I'm in the two win boat with ya. We did find a GoPro plexi case on our local lakebed, does that count as a partial win? :) 

Time to win a GoPro!
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2012 at 9:02am
My bad!  and I knew that...just so use to saying "he". 
But no, that does not count!  Unless you already own a gopro, then it's a partial. 
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2012 at 9:12am
Right on. I like winning free stuff.
I haven't seen this thread at all, kinda weird when there are 29 pages of posts. hah
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2012 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by MrMeaty

Shooey is right on with his comment.  I've won the TS giveaway twice (one board, one bag) but not the gopro yet.  So I guess that means I'm due, right?  LOL! 
I also won a pair of Ride boots from Boa of their facebook contest just before Christmas...

Then I'm DEFINITELY due to win the GoPro ;)
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
Stanky13 View Drop Down
Local
Local
day one of my new addiction

Quote Stanky13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2012 at 2:16pm
i do this almost every day as well...
after you punch in the info it says to check faceboook/twitter to see if you won. 

i check all the time and it seems as if some days they dont announce the winner. maybe it is the new facebook layout that gets me mixed up. i dont know
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2012 at 2:16pm

But no, that does not count!  Unless you already own a gopro, then it's a partial. 

I do own one, a Hero gen 1. Now I have a nice, "shooting in the snow/underwater" and a scratched "let's get muddy" case. I think that's at least a partial win. 
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2012 at 9:49am
^ hahah awesome I'd count that as a partial win!
I have yet to win anything! Only got coupons from TS which I have yet to redeem! can't remember if there's a time limit or expiry on them...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2012 at 10:40am
30 days on the coupons, if I remember correctly. 
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2012 at 10:52am
yup 30 days. so you have to time your points correctly. I think tshirts were the only thing theyve publicly announced to redeeming past 30days.

and yes there were tv ads for the giveaways. during football season, theyd be on every so often. and if you look at the TS giveaway, your competing against 500-1500 kids at any given time. I bet gopro has more entries than that.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2012 at 4:13pm
Rode my Sierra Stunt I won to the hill today and one of the ticket guys wanted to buy it off my feet!  I said $150 and after a few runs he pulled out a crist $100 bill.  I didn't sell it...
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2012 at 10:40pm
Hey guys, Been a long time since i logged on. Been busy.

Nice to know that the thread is still alive. Did i read that this was now stickied? Big thanks to the person who did this. :D 

I've kind of given up and don't jump on the computer as much now, so i enter every now and again. Still no luck!!! Hope everyone is still soldiering on and entering, haha.
If only Queensland had snow...
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2012 at 2:14am
It's hard for me to remember to do this but seeing Spenser's video's give a nice reminder/motivation to enter daily.
Long hair don't care!
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2012 at 12:38pm
yeah I just read somewhere else on the forums that its about 30 days.. totally didn't know
hope they'll be lenient with me.
REALLY hoping! *crosses fingers.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2012 at 4:49pm
not sure when it happend, but yup, it's been stickied!

And jhoahg6, I think you posted in the wrong thread.  This one is about the gopro giveway, not the TruSnow giveaway.  
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2012 at 2:07am
Originally posted by Jigkidd

It's hard for me to remember to do this but seeing Spenser's video's give a nice reminder/motivation to enter daily.
Such a big motivation to try and take a holiday to go snowboard more like it!
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2012 at 9:07am
I'm w/ koji3 on that one. we've got temps like its spring alrdy.. such a drastic chanage in temps so soon! although it is almost spring but i don't want it to come yet.. just getting in the groove riding shredding just enjoying it.

koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2012 at 8:39pm
Where abouts are you from Jhoang? 
TTowncrazy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Keystone 2012

Quote TTowncrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2012 at 12:18pm
I just bought a Hero2! Ill be using it to film some wakeskating this summer and hopefully snowboarding next season!
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2012 at 11:23pm
Mmm, hero 2. 
makes you want to kill yourself for wasting money on the hero Hd... 

I'm planning to win buy 2 Hd Hero 2s and sell my old ones. 
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2012 at 4:52am
I'm actually leaning more towards the contour.  The design seems alot slicker to me, and I like the google strap attachment better then the head strap or helmet strap.  

koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2012 at 2:15am
Had the original Contour. Loved the design and weight of it but sound was horrid and it wasn't all that great video. 
Mind you that was the first one thou, im sure the newest ones are just as good as the Gopro. There are a few comparison videos out there on youtube. 
Plus theres the standard vs fisheye. 

namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2012 at 4:26am
I keep forgetting to enter the contest, even though I get reminded on a daily basis through this thread. It's sad too because there are so many people entering that I feel like it's not worth it because I'm never gonna win. Entering now though :)
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2012 at 8:14am
Well this thread isn't bumped anymore its STICKIED! so if you ever come by this section.
Hoping more people start to forget to enter so I can win it! muahaha If i only knew how many people entered..
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2012 at 8:21am
Originally posted by koji3

Had the original Contour. Loved the design and weight of it but sound was horrid and it wasn't all that great video. 
Mind you that was the first one thou, im sure the newest ones are just as good as the Gopro. There are a few comparison videos out there on youtube. 
Plus theres the standard vs fisheye. 

Have you used both the contour and the gopro?  
I see a bunch of people saying one is better then the other but not usually from people that have used both.  

I'm actually not expecting to much, I mean they are only a couple hundred bucks.  My 2 main things are the contour looks sleeker, and I think it would be more comfortable on the side of yoru goggles then the go pro which is just a box sitting on top of your head.  
Plus, the contour is waterproof down 1 meter with no case at all.  the gopro requires the waterproof houseing which adds even more bulk.  
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2012 at 8:39am

Have you used both the contour and the gopro?  
I see a bunch of people saying one is better then the other but not usually from people that have used both.  

I'm actually not expecting to much, I mean they are only a couple hundred bucks.  My 2 main things are the contour looks sleeker, and I think it would be more comfortable on the side of yoru goggles then the go pro which is just a box sitting on top of your head.  
Plus, the contour is waterproof down 1 meter with no case at all.  the gopro requires the waterproof houseing which adds even more bulk.  

I think the thing with GoPro is that you're bound to catch better footage because I see a lot of people with Contour ends up filming a part of their googles because the camera isn't positioned at the right angle.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2012 at 8:41am
the bulk is too noticeable on the gopro. the only time weight was a factor was when i had it on a 3ft pole and trying to hold it up high during a powder day. i had a shoulder injury so holding things up high in general is uncomfortable.

go pro also has a side google mount. i think its like that in the MX packages.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2012 at 8:52am
Originally posted by nautika96

the bulk is too noticeable on the gopro. the only time weight was a factor was when i had it on a 3ft pole and trying to hold it up high during a powder day. i had a shoulder injury so holding things up high in general is uncomfortable.

go pro also has a side google mount. i think its like that in the MX packages.

I've never seen anyone put a contour on a stick before so that would be interesting to see.  LOL  The GoPro does have a side helmet mount you can put on which sticks to the side a bit so you won't catch footage of your goggle.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2012 at 8:57am
@nautika...I'm assuming you meant the bulk ISN'T too noticeable, right?

koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2012 at 9:19pm
Yer i've used both. I'm pretty sure spencer has as well. 

but like i said, I used the original Contour which... well to say the least, records poorly. I did like it thou, Goggle mount works good but you can also get a mount for your helmet like the gopro, so no worries on that. 
Only problem is that it can only face forward, up and down, they have small teeth in the mount that lock it in place, which is great because it never moves BUT unlike the gopro you can't change the angle as freely. 

Sound on the Contour is Dead Gopro isn't much better but you get soo much wind noise on the Contour without the waterproof casing, (well i assume the waterproof casing would eliminate the wind noise).
i could be wrong and it mya be better on the new ones. One tip with the Contour, if you don't want to spend $100 or so on the waterproof case and eliminate the wind noise, you can get a tiny bit of foam and stuff it into the mic hole. 
Never tried it but i hear/read that it works a charm. 

Contour and the rotatable camera head is a pretty neat feature, swivel the camera head on -90, 90, 180 deg so you can film on its side or upside down. 
Only down fall is, after you have done it a few times it becomes noticeably loose... 

I think more the reason to why people get better footage out of gopros is the Fisheye lens. Just captures much more from a first person perspective. Compared to the standard lens on the Contour. Mind you, things won't be as small, so you can film closer with the Contour. 

Don't know if this has changed but with the contour, you have to manualy set the settings on the computer, bit annoying as the weather can change throughout the day and you might get darker videos compared to the start of the day etc etc, gopro is just auto i'm sure.
One awesome feature is the phone comparability with the new contour, you can bluetooth it up with you Android (not sure for iphone and rest) and you can view videos etc out of that. 
Kind of like the Gopro Backpac mount but it doesn't cost you $120 if you already have an android. 

I didn't know that it was waterproof up to 1m without the casing. Shocked I know its water resistant. When i had mine, no case and used it in while snowboarding, got some snow on it but just dusted it off and all good. 

Hit me up if you want more info. That is all i can think about at the time. haha. 
Just remember i've only used the Contour 720p (original). 
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2012 at 5:00am
Thanks for all the info!  
I've been watching the contour footage from supernatural as they have been releasing a new POV every day, and the shots do look very confined.  Not nearly as wide a shot as those from the gopro.  
And I guess even the gopro "naked" comes with the waterproof houseing.  Do you know if the gopro is even water resistant without the housing?  

hockysa View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote hockysa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2012 at 5:30am
despite being sceptical about these comps i entered.

anyone on here ever won?
Lifes pretty straight without drifting.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2012 at 6:30am

And I guess even the gopro "naked" comes with the waterproof houseing.  Do you know if the gopro is even water resistant without the housing?  

I believe it is resistant, as in you get a few drops and you're fine. But, it cannot be submerged.
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
JoeRocket1212 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeRocket1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2012 at 10:18am
i didn't read this entire forum, but i did read the rules of this sweepstakes.  it is over.

1. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on February 1, 2012 at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on February 1, 2012 at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time ("PT") (the "Sweepstakes Period").
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2012 at 10:25am
Originally posted by JoeRocket1212

i didn't read this entire forum, but i did read the rules of this sweepstakes.  it is over.

1. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on February 1, 2012 at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on February 1, 2012 at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time ("PT") (the "Sweepstakes Period").

That's one day... I'm sure they meant that it ended 2013 and not only for less than a 24 hour period. Afterall, they have been advertising the giveaway on TV ads for a while now, even after the Feb 1st ending date.
Snow Day Colorado

Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2012 at 10:41am
^^
Right, that piece JoeRocket pulled basically says:

"If you enter between 12.00.01AM and 11.59.59 Pacific time (+8 GMT) on Feb 1st, you will be entered for that day"
Why is that important? If you don't live in that time zone (lets use Eastern, three hours earlier than Pacific) and you submit your entry at 2AM on the 2nd, you're actually entered in the drawing for the 1st (11PM Pacific).

SuperOrb, forgive my redundancy. :)

Actually I changed my mind. Drawing's closed so y'all can stop entering, kthxbai. LOL
SoCalRyder View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
My little guy showin up the old man

Quote SoCalRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2012 at 10:44am
Find someone that went to NAB this year and if they registered at the GoPro booth they get to buy two HD Hero2 Outdoor Ed's for $200 ea until the end of this week. Actually you might even see people selling them on CL for a discount. Mostly in So Cal, Vegas and Cali in general.

Now i just need a helicopter...
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 4:53am
However, it IS odd that they would not have updated their rules stating the date.  I know it didn't say feb1-feb1 when I first started entering, so they must have updated it at some point...
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 11:10pm

Thanks for all the info!  
I've been watching the contour footage from supernatural as they have been releasing a new POV every day, and the shots do look very confined.  Not nearly as wide a shot as those from the gopro.  

It is a bit, I've got a few splashes of water on it but still works fine. I would say the contour is more water resistant as it doesn't actually show any of the usb plug ins and such when you're ready to film (back door opens up on it).

Definitely not as wide. But if thats what you are after it, awesome. 

Originally posted by JoeRocket1212

Mmm they usually change this daily. I haven't entered in ages now so i can't comment but they still do announce daily winners on their facebook page. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 32>