Gopro Giveaway

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 2829303132>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gopro Giveaway
    Posted: Apr/25/2012 at 4:52am
Yeah...it still says February, but they are also still posting winners as of this week, so it's obviously still going on.  
These things must be so cheap to manufacture...
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2012 at 7:31am
Originally posted by MrMeaty

These things must be so cheap to manufacture...

Made in China... I always wonder how much it really costs per unit.
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2012 at 11:11pm
For off the production line or to the shops in total? 
Either or... They must be dirt cheap. Amazing that they do hold up to their warranty thou. 
If only Queensland had snow...
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2012 at 7:02am
Originally posted by koji3

For off the production line or to the shops in total? 
Either or... They must be dirt cheap. Amazing that they do hold up to their warranty thou. 

Total cost per unit that GoPro pays. Not including things like advertising or other non-primary costs.
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2012 at 7:19am
Honestly, there is not difference between these and those cheap $20 video cameras for kids except a much better lense, chip, and the housing.  There are no moving parts for zoom or anything like that so they have to be cheap.  Actually, I'm surprised there aren't more then just GoPro and Contour.

Or maybe their are and I just haven't heard of them...
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 12:19am
I've seen a few rip off's of the contour and the Gopro in stores. Just cheaper versions selling for like $100. 

Kodak play sport or whatever is another option i think. But you have to hold it? I don't know. 
Other ones i know of are the Drift HD, best low light filmer of the 3 main (IMO). Pretty cheap i think and decent reviews, just hasn't been advertised as much as the other 2. 
Same weight as the Contour but extra feature compared to the other 2 is that in 720p it can have 4x zoom from memory. I don't know if that is optical or digital zoom thou.

Liquid image has the inbuilt to the goggles. 
http://www.liquidimageco.com/ 

And just found one called Looxie. Not really a action camera, it films 480p max, but can live stream or something?!? 
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 3:09am
Can someone say GoPro-wanna-be?

Swann Freestyle HD Flash Memory Waterproof Camcorder for $140 + $5 s&h

Today only, Woot offers the Swann Freestyle HD Flash Memory Camcorder, model no. SWVID-SPORTL-GL, for $139.99 plus $5 for shipping. That's $60 under our February mention and the lowest total price we could find by $54. It can be submerged in up to 65 feet of water and features a detachable 1.5" LCD display, 1920x1080 (1080p) HD video capture, 8-megapixel still image capture, microphone, USB connectivity, microSD slot, three mounting brackets, and more.
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 3:19am
^^ 
Ohhh thats one of the ones i saw as a cheap copy. 
I wonder if anyone has actually used it. 
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 3:28am
It's being sold on woot.com, some woot users have posted links to reviews.  I haven't read any yet, not really interested in this knock-off.

Re: your statement about the Kodak PlaySport, I took my PlaySport along with my Hero2 to Breckenridge a couple weeks ago.  I tried a couple different straps for the Playsport (calf-strap and upper-arm strap) both yielded unusable footage.  The angle of view was too high so basically you see a whole lotta sky and not much snow.  The PlaySport was best used when I would race ahead of my family, pull over to the side and record them coming down.  Following someone with the PlaySport in hand yields very bumpy footage and a cold hand.   An option would be to build a pole with a tripod mount and put the PlaySport on that.  The digital zoom sucks but I picked this up for less than $70 so I'm not going to complain, I have used it underwater and at my kids sports events, it does a fine job.

Here's a refurb Kodak PlayTouch (* note, it is not a PlaySport meaning it is not waterproof) for $34.99:

MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 4:52am
I've heard of the drift before.  What's the remote for?  

And yeah, that "swann" doesn't get much closer to a rip off of the gopro!  
My thing is, I wanna get some footage, but I just don't think I"m good enough to warrant a $250 purchase.  I mean, I guess I could get the car mount to, and that would be cool.  
All I know is that if I win one from this giveaway, I will use the CRAP out of it!  I'd let me kids use it!  LOL!  
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 4:58am
The remote probably makes it easier to start/end recording.  I used a remote for my PlaySport when I tried the leg and arm straps.  It was almost essential for me since the start/end record button was against my leg or arm and very difficult to get to when the cam was positioned inside the strap.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 5:22am
When my friend came out to CO we went to Monarch and Cooper along with his PlaySport. Terrible footage even when he was standing still and holding the camera. It is not wide angle, and there is no image stabilization. None on the GoPro either, but the super wide angle helps mitigate the shaking.
Snow Day Colorado

koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 7:08pm

I've heard of the drift before.  What's the remote for?  

And yeah, that "swann" doesn't get much closer to a rip off of the gopro!  
My thing is, I wanna get some footage, but I just don't think I"m good enough to warrant a $250 purchase.  I mean, I guess I could get the car mount to, and that would be cool.  
All I know is that if I win one from this giveaway, I will use the CRAP out of it!  I'd let me kids use it!  LOL!  
Remote is for play and stop i think, like stoma said. Just easier then reaching over to your head or whatever to press playing stop/start. pretty sure you can do this for the contour via smart phones. 

I'm really crap but bought 2 haha. Mount it on a pole and speed down, looks good no matter how bad you are. Just going to have to film more to get better footage. 
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2012 at 9:30am
For the next 18 days, Contour is giving away one of their cameras and one mount on their facebook page:

Dates for May:
1-3 = ContourRoam and Snow Mount
4-6 = ContourRoam and Helmet Mount
7-9 = ContourRoam and Moto Mount
10-12 = ContourRoam and Outdoor Mount
13-15 = ContourRoam and Bike Mount
16-18 = Contour Watersports Kit

Enter once every day.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2012 at 6:50am

For the next 18 days, Contour is giving away one of their cameras and one mount on their facebook page:

Dates for May:

Enter once every day.
Every day for the next 17 days...
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2012 at 4:37am

Dates for May:

Enter once every day.
16 more days for this one...
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2012 at 8:10am
thx MrMeaty I totally ignored these last few new posts!! should have made a new thread for this. they're competition afterall hehe

enter once per day

Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2012 at 7:42pm
I tried to sign up for the contour one but they said my email was invalid.  Shocked
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2012 at 8:33pm
Oh sweet as, I just read up on the new contour+ and it has a fisheye lens. If the quality is just as good, i'd say it wins with the Gps and phone connectivity 
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2012 at 4:54am
Originally posted by koji3

Oh sweet as, I just read up on the new contour+ and it has a fisheye lens. If the quality is just as good, i'd say it wins with the Gps and phone connectivity 
Yeah...except the contour+ is $500!  But according to the comparison sheet, the $200 contour roam has the same 170degree wide lense, but that one doesn't have the android/ios integration via bluetooth.  The lowest model with that is the Controur GPS which is $300, but that one only has a 135degree wide lense.  Plus, I think only the Contour Roam is waterproof without a case.  hmmm...

Anyway:  

Dates for May:

Enter once every day.
15 more days...now it's helmet mounts, not snow mounts.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2012 at 7:33am

https://www.facebook.com/contour?sk=app_302789603125506&app_data=dlt-1

Dates for May:

Enter once every day.
2 weeks worth of entries left.  And if you post to your FB and a friend enters through that link, you get 5 more entries for that day!  Time to start putting those fake FB accounts that you made to stalk your ex-girlfriend to good use...
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2012 at 7:42am
Thanks, Meaty :). I just entered myself. Sucks i didnt notice this thread til now! Ah well.... 13 days of perfectly good winnability left!
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 6:41am

Dates for May:

Enter once every day.
2 weeks worth of entries left.  And if you post to your FB and a friend enters through that link, you get 5 more entries for that day!  Time to start putting those fake FB accounts that you made to stalk your ex-girlfriend to good use...
Today is the last day for the helmet mount, but they are still doing cameras for the next 13 days.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2012 at 5:13am

Dates for May:

Enter once every day.
Today is the last day for the helmet mount, but they are still doing cameras for the next 13 days.
Giving away the Roam with Moto Mount today.  I wonder how we can modify that for the snow...
LittleShooey View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2012 at 8:23am
You're killing me with the self quoting, mate. :)
Senior TS dinosaur drawer-er.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2012 at 8:26am
But it looks so pretty!

Actually, I'm trying to get people to click on MY link instead of the first one I sent out so that I get 5 more entries for everyone that uses it.  So far, no one has used it, because it shows you how many entreis you have and who you got them from, and the only ones on there are from my wife!
LittleShooey View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2012 at 8:35am
Ah, referral links. :)

But you still don't need a tree! 

Senior TS dinosaur drawer-er.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2012 at 4:27am

Dates for May:

Enter once every day.
Giving away the Roam with Moto Mount today.  I wonder how we can modify that for the snow...
The tree is growing...11 days left!
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2012 at 5:52am
Stop quoting your own posts a zillion times. Just quote the post with your referral and leave out the other ones.
Snow Day Colorado

MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2012 at 6:31am
Originally posted by Superorb

Stop quoting your own posts a zillion times. Just quote the post with your referral and leave out the other ones.
But it looks so NICE! 

OK, Ok, ok...but ONLY if you click it to get me 5 extra entries to win!
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2012 at 6:53am

OK, Ok, ok...but ONLY if you click it to get me 5 extra entries to win!

You're persistent, gotta give you that Big smile
Snow Day Colorado

MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2012 at 6:58am
dumb luck only get's you so far Wink
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2012 at 4:34am
10 more days of contour camera giveaways.  Last day with the Moto Mount...tomorrow is the "outdoor" set?

jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2012 at 5:51am
aww.. the MrMeaty tree stopped growing.. haha thanks for the bumps and creating that little tree lump. I'm down giving u the extra 5 if u do the same for me ( =
gonna need all the entries we can get! haha
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2012 at 6:13am
FOR SURE!  Post up your link!
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 4:22am
No one's clicked on my link yet:

9 more days.  Today is the "outdoor" kit which includes a mount to hook to a baseball cap and a pole.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 6:28am
@ MrMeaty
I just used your link let me know if you get those extra 5 entries..
here's mine! 
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 6:56am
I don't see them...only ones I have are mine and the ones from my wife :( 

I already did mine today, but tomorrow I'll click on your link to see if you get them.

jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 1:05pm
maybe the linkie you provided isn't right... i compared it with the page of entry.. its the same weblink
how does your wife get u the extra entries? clicking on the shared post on your wall?
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 1:12pm
Yes...but the page that comes up for her is what I think I linked...mine doesn't look like yours, though. 
evo180sx View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote evo180sx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 1:14pm
Has anyone on here actually won the GoPro from the website? I've gone in everyday since a few years ago! :( haven't won yet.
humdingaling View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by evo180sx

Has anyone on here actually won the GoPro from the website? I've gone in everyday since a few years ago! :( haven't won yet.

i can say the same thing about lotto...LOL
Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side..
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by evo180sx

It's a game of chance.  At least one member from here has won before.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 5:06pm
As long you waited to win a gopro..you'll probably save enough money by then to buy the Gopro instead of being picked for the giveaway which is slime to none considering how many people a day enter the drawing.
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 6:20pm
^Ikr? By the time you actually win something, you would have earned enough money to buy it already :)
derbytownjoe View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 9:11pm
i forget who it was and im not gonna dig through the whole thread, but yea someone from here has won before....
i used to enter daily, but then i got lazy about it and kept forgetting.... i just usually dont bother now.... oh well...
Im Himmel gibt's kein Bier, drum trinken wir es hier.
Nate85 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Nate85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 10:08pm
I just signed up for it, damn I love goPro's, we use one when we go jetskiing, get some pretty cool images!
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 10:29pm

Yes...but the page that comes up for her is what I think I linked...mine doesn't look like yours, though. 
i copied my link directly off of the share linky and not from the result after clicking the link. (if that makes any sense, lol) your link looks like the 'result'

we'll see tmr i guess try to link me again I think u'll enter in before I get up.
evo180sx View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote evo180sx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2012 at 12:53am
I have a Drift HD170 Stealth anyway, its awesome and pretty much on-par with the go pro but I like the remote button that comes with it, very handy! also not as bulky
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2012 at 4:13am
Originally posted by jhoang6

i copied my link directly off of the share linky and not from the result after clicking the link. (if that makes any sense, lol) your link looks like the 'result'

we'll see tmr i guess try to link me again I think u'll enter in before I get up.
I dunno...I clicked your link, so see if you get 5 from me.  the link in the "share" button was to short.  This is where my wife clicks and it gives me 5:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132>