Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bassunmast View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Christian boarders

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bassunmast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who has been to liberty, whitetail, or roundtop
    Posted: Dec/05/2010 at 2:37pm
To all the Pa riders, have you aver been to any of the ski resort above. I mainly ride at liberty, i just wanna see if anyone actually nows about them or goes to them.
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2010 at 4:32pm
i mainly ride at whitetail.  haven't been to  liberty in like 4 years.
beunknown View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote beunknown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 1:30pm
Both liberty and whitetail for me. Excited for opening!! Hopefully it'll be next week
julladilok View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote julladilok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 4:41pm
Liberty and whitetail...Tomorrow at 8.30 they will announce the opening date..so stoked
bd0g36 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bd0g36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 4:53pm
I go to Liberty and Whitetail all the time. This year I'll be working at Liberty as a snowboard instructor. I'll be there this weekend for a training course.

Liberty is small and can get old quickly. They have a decent park and usually have some nice big jumps every year (40-45ft).

Whitetail is bigger (relative to Liberty), I don't like their park setup. It takes a while to get to the park, so you don't get many laps in. They have some decent sized black and blue trails, much better than Liberty.
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 7:05pm
if you see a guy wearin a yellow jacket, gray pants, with a sierrascope, thats me
turbo95sir View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Grand Targhee tree run

Quote turbo95sir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 7:22pm
use to go to whitetail all the time. guess you could call it my home "mountain". friends use to actually call yellowtail b/c of all the asians! haha anyways, sad to say i have since moved to the bay area so tahoe is my home now. all i can say is LOVE IT!
dangerzone9k View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote dangerzone9k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 7:33pm
I'm going to hit up Liberty or Whitetail when they open up. I need to get used to snowboard again before I go to CO in Jan.
pmoa View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote pmoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 8:06pm
we go to liberty...we go through chesapeake ski and board club and get in on the cheap night club card
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2010 at 7:11am
THEY'RE OPENINGGGGG!!!! Whitetail on Thursday, Liberty & Roundtop on Friday.  Too bad i'm gonna be out of town wednesday-sunday.
Rylander View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Woot!

Quote Rylander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2010 at 7:15am
Only made it to liberty last year. Getting a bit more adventurous with the car trips this year and will be going to wisp and snowshoe this year. prob end up at liberty sometime though.
Rylander
ColaLover View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ColaLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2010 at 9:48am
I go to whitetail a lot. Supposedly they are making snow as we speak and should be open soon ..
mdterps21 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mdterps21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2010 at 12:23pm
I'll be going to Liberty a lot when winter break starts
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Christian boarders

Quote bassunmast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2010 at 9:05am
Ya, i usually get the night club card and liberty is kinda my "home" mountain. I like it even though its small. I just can't wait will january 2nd because thats when nightclub kicks inBig smile
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Christian boarders

Quote bassunmast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2010 at 9:07am
Oh ya and if anyone sees me at liberty , i wear a green jacket and have a red board with lots a stickers.... STILL CANT WAIT!
TheLuckster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote TheLuckster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2010 at 11:07am
I got to Whitetail alot. If you see an asian dude with a full white pinstripe poacher set with white goggles, white gloves, and white boots, thats me.
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2010 at 11:13am
Originally posted by TheLuckster

I got to Whitetail alot. If you see an asian dude , thats me.
That should narrow it down... not.
Nsumoski View Drop Down
Local
Local
My fav team

Quote Nsumoski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2010 at 11:47am
never been to liberty or whitetail, but have been to roundtop, in my opinion the slopes are real small, but maybe it's just because I'm comparing them to blue mountain which is where i normally go
djinhwan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote djinhwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2010 at 2:26pm
yea i ride them all, i hate them all also

roundtop is the worst one

whitetail is best but in 4 hours youll be lucky to get 8 runs in

you should go to wisp, more trails more lifts
my mom says im hardcore
beunknown View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote beunknown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2010 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by ColaLover

I go to whitetail a lot. Supposedly they are making snow as we speak and should be open soon ..

They are opened starting today I believe.

Liberty is the best for park features since they have a pretty big park (whitetails is pretty small from my experience) Whitetail has better trails. Both are always icy by the time I get there (I go on the Night Club Card)
Local
Local

Quote TheLuckster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2010 at 10:59am
Originally posted by IceCoast

I got to Whitetail alot. If you see an asian dude , thats me.
That should narrow it down... not.

Thanks for rearranging my words.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Christian boarders

Quote bassunmast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2010 at 1:43pm
When i got to liberty at night i go for about 4 hours and get more than 20 runs in , so i like going at night.
why do waist our time on what i am typing
Nsumoski View Drop Down
Local
Local
My fav team

Quote Nsumoski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2010 at 3:16pm
anyone else go to blue mountain?
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2010 at 4:32pm
anyone go yet?? i would go but i'm up in new york for the weekend.
Local
Local

Quote TheLuckster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2010 at 6:06am
I would love to go soon, cant wait!
beunknown View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote beunknown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2010 at 6:36am
so excited, I'm going up next Sunday! Unfortunately, I have to take a beginner and probably stay on the little slopes all day but it doesn't matter! It's snow time!!!
Nsumoski View Drop Down
Local
Local
My fav team

Quote Nsumoski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2010 at 6:52am
you're lucky, i probably wont be going snowboarding until early janurary
CheckOnTrips View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote CheckOnTrips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2010 at 6:55am
I dont know how you guys can tolerate riding at any of these places on a weekend.  The crowds are out of control and most of the day is spent waiting in line.  Im at Whitetail/Liberty quite a bit but i will only go on weekdays.
Nsumoski View Drop Down
Local
Local
My fav team

Quote Nsumoski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2010 at 7:05am
I don't really have a choice, im still in school, so can't go during weekdays, and i dont hav my senior license so i cant go out of state on my own during weekdays
psubballfan12 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote psubballfan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2010 at 7:36am
I was at roundtop last night...it was fricking amazing
Protect your domes
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Christian boarders

Quote bassunmast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2010 at 4:07pm
Surprisingly at night on the weekends its not that packed, like one time on saturday at around 6:00 there weren't any lines! but i have to wait till january....
dangerzone9k View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote dangerzone9k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2010 at 5:12am
I'm going to Whitetail on Saturday 12-18... can't wait! Then i'm going to go to CO next year early Jan and hit up breck, vail, and keystone.
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2010 at 8:03am
Whitetail all the time.. cant really stand Liberty..
too small and packed

If you goto Whitetail I would go early in the morning. no lines till 11:30am or go in the evening..

Going this saturday.. probably wearing a burgandy red jacket and olive green striped pants with a Palmer burn. helmet too.
Local
Local

Quote TheLuckster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2010 at 10:27am
Is White tail going to be packed this weekend?
psubballfan12 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote psubballfan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2010 at 10:46am

Is White tail going to be packed this weekend?

probably. weekends are pretty rough in most resorts....
Protect your domes
onel0wcubn View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote onel0wcubn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2010 at 12:14pm
i ride all 3 locations.. no one more than any other.. i spread the love between them..

went to liberty this past fri and sat.. decent so far..

i'll be back on friday morning for a early morning birthday shred session..

you local guys/gals should check out www.readytoshred.org..

keep a look out for those RTS stickers at liberty
BYAH!
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2010 at 12:21pm
any of these places give free birthday lift tickets?  just wondering since mine's comin around soon.
beunknown View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote beunknown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2010 at 2:03pm
Next year, get the advantage card with your night club card. If you have a day off of school or want to go before Jan, you get a really good discount. Its a deal if you plan on going up before your card works.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Christian boarders

Quote bassunmast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2010 at 11:47am
can you buy the advantage card seperately because my dad thought i should get it because it pays for itself really fast.
jpham2 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote jpham2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2010 at 2:14pm
I got a season pass for the 3 places.. I mainly stick to Whitetail. I was there last Friday. Conditions were great, only about half the trails were open, but no lines for the lifts! They opened up a new side In & Out trail off the main Green slope. There were only cars in the front lot (roughly under 100).
mdterps21 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mdterps21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2010 at 2:34pm
I'm definitely getting the night club card this year. I'm gonna hold out on the advantage card because I can wait for January 3rd.
Local
Local

Quote CheckOnTrips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2010 at 2:45pm
I always get the Advantage card instead of a full season pass.  Its only $84 if you get it before the end of October.  Season pass is $429 i think.

Whitetail > Liberty > Roundtop in my opinion.

I dislike the fact that Whitetail is in a dry county though, at least Liberty has a bar to hang out in. 
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Christian boarders

Quote bassunmast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2010 at 3:13pm
yeah, ski liberty this year has a waffle shack..... mmmm waffles.
phaley View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote phaley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2010 at 6:40am
I have been to liberty and whitetail. I do prefer whitetail over liberty but as mentioned it is a dry county. (guess you have to bring your own haha) I have yet to make it to roundtop. But if you want to make a nice day trip ski wisp at deep creek lake is a nice place. Conditions there are way better than Liberty or whitetail since it is more in the mountains and it a good bit colder. Did get a night club card so should be at whitetail and liberty a couple nights a week.
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2010 at 7:03am
i'm gonna be goin to whitetail next thursday.  hopefully, it'll be empty with no lines.
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2010 at 8:13am
no one else gonna show up at Whitetail this Saturday morning?
Local
Local

Quote CheckOnTrips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2010 at 8:21am
Originally posted by DCC

i'm gonna be goin to whitetail next thursday.  hopefully, it'll be empty with no lines.

You shouldnt have any issues with lines on a thursday.  Im up there on thursdays all the time and its deserted.  There might be more riders due to it being a holiday weekend but as long as you get there early you wont have any problems until night time.
ColaLover View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ColaLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2010 at 10:06am
I want to go to whitetail. I haven't gone yet.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Christian boarders

Quote bassunmast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2010 at 10:24am
I keep having to express my feelings of awesome rage or my heads gonna asplode because im addicted to snowboarding and i haven't in a long time..... CANT WAIT TILL JANUARY 3 RD!
KellyBoy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote KellyBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2010 at 1:22pm
I usually go to Whitetail, but I havn't find the time to go yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>