You can not vote in this poll

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Online Status: Offline
  Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it ever going to snow in Tahoe again-
    Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 9:42am
Conditions are getting dire in the Tahoe basin, as I can attest from the snow pits I dug last weekend in my avy class.  I've stared at the NOAA page for a long time but am no forecaster, so this poll is what I will turn to in order to plan the rest of my winter.  Have at it

-b
get bent
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 10:51am
You guys have gotten SLAMMED the past 2-3 seasons.  Multiple 5-10ft dumps every year.  Crazy shtooking pow days all the time.  It is time for the rest of the country to get some love.  Colorado is getting HAMMERED this year after having one of our worst seasons ever last year.  
www.chargeharder.com
Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 10:56am

http://thench.com/garage/
jerry000 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jerry000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 10:59am
you need to be happy you regularly get multi foot snow storms..in jersey we dont get too many of those
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 11:04am
The next could be your last...quick bitching

USGS unveils California megastorm scenario

by Staff Writers
Sacramento (UPI) Jan 14, 2011 
Scientists have developed a weather scenario in which California could be inundated by storms capable of producing up to 10 feet of rain.

The U.S. Geological Survey report on the so-called ARkStorm (atmospheric river) was released Friday at a conference in Sacramento and warned that if it developed, California would see widespread flooding that would cause roughly $300 billion in damage.

zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 11:12am
here is the forecast I believe in, and it looks like it's going to be awhile...

Cold front moved through this morning dropping temps back to their seasonal norms for this time of year. Temps will now be in the 30′s & 40′s through the weekend with quiet weather.

We have plenty of time today with the quiet weather so I would like to explain my errors from earlier in the month and discuss what is going on in the pattern. I will be using some acronyms but they are clickable links so that you can look at what I’m referencing.

Up until the second week of January we saw a consistent pattern of a negative NAO and a negative PNA. In a La Nina we do not have much of a Southern jetstream because of the colder waters along the equator that do not support it. So our preferred pattern is a negative PNA and a positive NAO.

The negative NAO can be “negative” for us because it locks in cold over the East that drops out of Canada. That can block the ridge in the West from progressing and keep the storm door closed for us. This can be enhanced by the AO being negative which displaces even more cold air from the Arctic into the U.S. That can be blamed this winter for the record cold and snowcover this winter in the Central and Eastern U.S. What has countered this pattern for us in November and December was blocking that formed in the North Pacific which can happen during a negative PNA pattern. That suppressed the jetstream Southward and displaced and ridging along the West Coast and brought us lots of snow.

Going into January there was no blocking and the PNA had gone a little positive. A positive PNA pumps a ridge over the West and keeps the storm track up into Western Canada and Alaska. That is why I predicted 2 weeks of quiet weather to start the month. What I saw though was the PNA trending back negative as well as the NAO and AO trending positive by mid-month. That led me to believe that the storm door would re-open around mid-month. We did see the storm track get close to us last weekend with the light rain and snow showers we saw.

The second week of January the forecast for the PNA was for it to go Positive again around mid-month which would mean a ridge in the West and the PNA pattern will normally overwhelm any other pattern for CA. But at the same time the MJO began to strengthen and was forecasted to move into the Western Pacific by the third week of January. That is normally the one card that would trump the Positive PNA as it would act as a psuedo El Nino and bring a break through of the Westerlies. Therefore I have been optimistic that we would see this occur by the end of the month.

That brings us to where we currently sit. Unfortunately during the last La Nina this strong back in 1988 I was still in school and the one before that in 1973 I was not alive. So my experience with MJO’s and a La Nina this strong are not very great and I would guess the same for most meteorologists. Over the years it has been pretty much a gimme that with an MJO, where the one we have now is, we would see a period of strong storms that follows. So far though with this MJO episode the cold La Nina waters are inhibiting convection and the pattern is not being affected yet nor is it forecasted to over the next 2 weeks. There is still a little time left but not much.

If we take the MJO out of the picture we are left with a postive PNA and a NAO & AO that are going negative again. That spells dry through the end of the month. Looking at the long-range forecast the PNA is forecasted to stay positive and the NAO & AO are forecasted to go postive by the end of the month. That means only half of what we need will happen but the most important part, the PNA going negative, will not.

It is much more common to have a negative PNA during a La Nina and a Positive PNA during an El Nino. Unlike in La Nina years, during El Nino years there is actually a Southern jetstream so it will just come under the ridge. The good news for us is that since it is more rare to have a positive PNA during La Nina it should not last that long. The other good news is that for right now with the Negative AO there is cold air pouring into the country and the ridge over the West is more offshore over the next week, so the temps will stay somewhat cool.

For now we can hope that the MJO still has a chance to work its magic and if not we have to wait and watch for the PNA to trend back negative. Until then I am not expecting any big storms or storm series. Stay tuned for updates…..BA

http://tahoeweatherdiscussion.com/
-zakk

lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 11:12am
i know it's not in the forecast, but i hope it snows this weekend..i'm going to be in reno beginning of next week...
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 11:28am

Zk I got lost in the acronyms but from what I understand if it keeps getting cold at night with bluebird days then at least maybe we'll get some good corn snow (if you're willing to hike for it) in the mornings on the southern aspects until we get another storm.  I will discontinue my complaining as requested and look on the bright side -- at least I can get some work done this way

-b
get bent
Nick View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 11:37am
Originally posted by rzero

The next could be your last...quick bitching

by Staff Writers
Scientists have developed a weather scenario in which California could be inundated by storms capable of producing up to 10 feet of rain.

The U.S. Geological Survey report on the so-called ARkStorm (atmospheric river) was released Friday at a conference in Sacramento and warned that if it developed, California would see widespread flooding that would cause roughly $300 billion in damage.

This was all only hypothetical and a "what-if/what would we do?" scenario that got blown up by the media...
I'm here for the point, not the points.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 11:43am
Originally posted by lightning80

i know it's not in the forecast, but i hope it snows this weekend..i'm going to be in reno beginning of next week...

Place any and all hope in the left hand, crap in the right.  report back which hand fulls first. 

Originally posted by | | | bryman | | |

Zk I got lost in the acronyms but from what I understand if it keeps getting cold at night with bluebird days then at least maybe we'll get some good corn snow (if you're willing to hike for it) in the mornings on the southern aspects until we get another storm.  I will discontinue my complaining as requested and look on the bright side -- at least I can get some work done this way

-b

at least you didn't schedule a snowcat trip for 1/29 Dead
-zakk

Wingnutx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Wingnutx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 11:46am
Damn Tahoe is having an epic year, multiple storms measured in feet and you go 2 weeks without fresh powder and waah waah waah LOL
wpiass View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote wpiass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 11:46am
oh that just means it'll be a super killer spring season, which i am all for!
be talkin to ya
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Wingnutx

Damn Tahoe is having an epic year, multiple storms measured in feet and you go 2 weeks without fresh powder and waah waah waah LOL

the part that is worrying me is how long this high pressure system has stayed and that I've had multiple 55+ degree days on the mountain. 

obviously snow is going to come, and yes, NorCal uses yardsticks to measure its snow when the rest of you hardly have enough to scrape together on a piece of glass to snort, but this heatwave needs to go. 
-zakk

Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 11:50am
Originally posted by zakk

the part that is worrying me is how long this high pressure system has stayed and that I've had multiple 55+ degree days on the mountain. 

obviously snow is going to come, and yes, NorCal uses yardsticks to measure its snow when the rest of you hardly have enough to scrape together on a piece of glass to snort, but this heatwave needs to go. 

Seriously!  Mt High was freaking 89 degress on Sunday, but all the other local mountains were in the 50s.  Oh how I wished I was in Mammoth!  Cry
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 11:59am
On weather.com, it shows clear 40's-50's high through Feb. I hope the forecast is wrong.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
pierreblackbelt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote pierreblackbelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 12:00pm
I never believe the stupid weatherman/weatherwoman. Wouldn't it be nice if it snowed all year long? Damn stright!!
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 12:10pm
I would guess that it'll be the first week of Feb when it snows again.  I totally agree that this heat must GO AWAY!  Zakk thanks for the link to tahoeweatherdiscussion.com.  I've always used snowforecast.com but now I think I'll use the Tahoe specific one because that was such an in-depth discussion.  Keep praying for snow!
Dirtydragon View Drop Down
Local
Local
The Top oF Tahoe

Quote Dirtydragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 12:16pm
damittt.. no more snow?  This will suck.. oh well time to go biking.
2010 Vapor | 2010 Custom X | 2011 Custom X | 2010 Custom Vrocker | 2010 Method (Sold)
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by robnezz23

I would guess that it'll be the first week of Feb when it snows again.  I totally agree that this heat must GO AWAY!  Zakk thanks for the link to tahoeweatherdiscussion.com.  I've always used snowforecast.com but now I think I'll use the Tahoe specific one because that was such an in-depth discussion.  Keep praying for snow!

no problem.  I don't believe any other site besides BA and his blog.  He is usually spot on, and him wondering if we'll get any more snow this month has me really spooked for my cat trip. 
-zakk

Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 12:48pm

^^^  Well at least the cat operator will prolly be able to show you where the best mashed potatoes are hiding.  Can't you move that thing?  it's not for two weeks.  Plus if you move it then it will DEFINITELY snow between now and then and we NEED it.  Please?

-b
get bent
Jogol View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jogol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 12:49pm
What climate change??? Never!^^

All the guys hired by oil-concern tell me that there is no climate change...
SnapShot View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote SnapShot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 12:55pm
I bet you get hammered in mid to late February or early March. Don't fret, be happy you live on that side of the country.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 12:59pm
From what I've heard, it's a few weeks out. But when it comes, it's gonna be like Nov-Dec all over again with lots of big storms back to back. It just needs to build up enough to break through this high pressure we're currently having. In the meantime, I'm mountian biking. Gotta love Cali.
No Sig... I'm just not that witty or creative
powpowpow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote powpowpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 1:59pm
Global warmings has struck, obviously
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 2:06pm
I vote 2- 3 weeks.

It was like this last year, too...december was good (though not near as epic as this year), then basically didn't snow all of january...everyone was concerned   Started dumping again early feb and kept dumping heavy about every 2 weeks until may - my best pow season ever!
kel View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 2:22pm
l think there was a post like a few weeks back saying how bad tahoe will become. I guess its true. At least l dont live there and the place l'm from gets a good 20' every week :P
Longboarderdude View Drop Down
Local
Local
boyne highlands

Quote Longboarderdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by powpowpow

Global warming isnt real... All of the scientists who are in charge of the research have released only the data that suggest global warming is real and they wont give out the raw data. 
I make handmade longboards PM me for info.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Longboarderdude

Global warming isnt real... All of the scientists who are in charge of the research have released only the data that suggest global warming is real and they wont give out the raw data. 

Ummm as a scientist...it doesn't work that way buddy.  We would get in heaps load of trouble if we skew data like that.  Do you honestly believe we as scientists would be in cahoots like that and there would be such a conspiracy?

If there is a new discovery that goes against conventional wisdom that's big news in the research community and they would publish since it'll be ground breaking. 

I hate how ppl assume we're like kooks or something...seriously we go through a lot of rigorous training to do what we do.  Science can never be absolute, we make observation from the data, but we've been trained on how to observe this data.  Just like doctors are trained to diagnose people.  You can diagnose people, but you haven't had the training...same with science.  I love how people assume they can look at raw data like that with minimal training and say look I can do what scientists do!  You wouldn't do that with doctors, lawyers, mechanics, etc. 

/rant
element7 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote element7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 2:44pm
Heh you are still lucky..People on East Coast don't get much snow at all :(
Wingnutx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Wingnutx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by hana24

Ummm as a scientist...it doesn't work that way buddy.  We would get in heaps load of trouble if we skew data like that.  Do you honestly believe we as scientists would be in cahoots like that and there would be such a conspiracy?

If there is a new discovery that goes against conventional wisdom that's big news in the research community and they would publish since it'll be ground breaking. 

I hate how ppl assume we're like kooks or something...seriously we go through a lot of rigorous training to do what we do.  Science can never be absolute, we make observation from the data, but we've been trained on how to observe this data.  Just like doctors are trained to diagnose people.  You can diagnose people, but you haven't had the training...same with science.  I love how people assume they can look at raw data like that with minimal training and say look I can do what scientists do!  You wouldn't do that with doctors, lawyers, mechanics, etc. 

/rant

Wow, somebody got Hana's panties in a wad LOLLOLLOL
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 3:07pm
It sounds really funny hearing somebody call themselves a scientist, just saying.  Gotta just be a funny word in general.
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 3:08pm
tahoe got DUMPED on in december. Not sure how much more snow it'll get after that. but iono anymore. weather these days is so unpredictable
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Krazylegz1485

It sounds really funny hearing somebody call themselves a scientist, just saying.  Gotta just be a funny word in general.

Well I prefer researcher.  But sometimes it's fun to wear a lab coat and pretend to be a scientist LOL

Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 3:16pm
Hey, Mr. Scientist.  I know this isn't your job, but, can you mop the rest of this sh!t up for me?
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Krazylegz1485

Hey, Mr. Scientist.  I know this isn't your job, but, can you mop the rest of this sh!t up for me?

It's Ms. Scientist to you
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 3:17pm

/rant

Wow, somebody got Hana's panties in a wad
LOLLOLLOL

If she wore panties, I'm sure they would be in a wad.  More likely they simply angered her bush.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Kunta Kinta

/rant

Wow, somebody got Hana's panties in a wad
LOLLOLLOL

If she wore panties, I'm sure they would be in a wad.  More likely they simply angered her bush.

Well I don't call it the beast for no reason...
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 3:18pm

I was so all over that Krazy but u beat me 2 it . . . .

Scientist: Janitor? Uh, janitor?
[taps Thurgood, who gets frightened]
Thurgood: Ah! Oh..sorry 'bout that. What is it, scientist?
Scientist: I know this isn't your responsibility but, uh, could you be a dear and run this down to the supply department for me? It's on the second floor. [hands Thurgood a note]
Thurgood: Just run this down?
Scientist: Yes, but make sure you bring the order right back to me. I need it A.S.A.P.
Thurgood: Gotcha. Hey, I know this isn't your responsibility but just wipe the rest of this crap up [hands him a mop] I'll be right back.

-b

get bent
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 3:20pm
Dang.  I knew I was a little off.  Just when you think you could find a clip from anything and everything on YouTube, there wasn't this one.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 3:22pm
I've enjoyed the snow so far, but I'm itching for some new freshies! Heading up 1/30-2/1 to test out my new Sierra Reverse Crew and possibly a new Custom X Wide, and hoping it won't just be groomers. :/
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 6:28pm
I hope it dumps before my company trip at Squaw in February!
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
ddomski View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ddomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 6:33pm
It would definitely be great if it dumped soon.  I'm dying to get some weekends in, but not until it adds a bit of snow.
Gnu B Pro 152 BTX w/ Union Milan bindings
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Nick

[QUOTE=rzero]The next could be your last...quick bitching

by Staff Writers

is like Y2K all over again, and they're saying the next big quake is gonna be one of the biggest quakes. love the news. hahaha
btw, I support S. Paler...Palin.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by zakk

Originally posted by robnezz23

no problem.  I don't believe any other site besides BA and his blog.  He is usually spot on, and him wondering if we'll get any more snow this month has me really spooked for my cat trip. 

i agree with you that he is good but he also said the storm door was going to swing wide open in January and we would get hammered back in December.  Then as January approached he said it would be mid January...and now well...  My point is that this stuff is really hard to predict even for guys who know their stuff.

Ginger View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by BRUIZZA

You guys have gotten SLAMMED the past 2-3 seasons.  Multiple 5-10ft dumps every year.  Crazy shtooking pow days all the time.  It is time for the rest of the country to get some love.  Colorado is getting HAMMERED this year after having one of our worst seasons ever last year.  
Not true. Colorado is only at 50% of their average snowfall for this time of year. fail
RoseBud View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
POW kickin my butt

Quote RoseBud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 7:23pm
Yes we are whining and I don't care if you call me a baby! It sucks that there's been no snow for 2 weeks and none in the foreseeable week. . . Start off strong then yank it away hurts soo bad. Thanks goodness I'm getting outta here and heading to some snow in CO!!
Like everything else in snowboarding, it's all preference!
Wingnutx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Wingnutx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Ginger

Originally posted by BRUIZZA

Not true. Colorado is only at 50% of their average snowfall for this time of year. fail

Ginger you are a completely uninformed moron.  This has been one of the snowiest years on record for CO

Depending on the area, CO is anywhere from 120% to 150% of their 10 year average snowfall for this time of year.  If you want the entire article below let me know and I will email it to you!

Colorado snowpack accumulations off to strong start

By Dennis Webb
Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Colorado’s Jan. 1 snowpack is at 136 percent of average, its highest level for that date in more than a decade, a U.S. Department of Agriculture agency said today.

The snowpack also is at 159 percent of last year’s Jan. 1 reading, the Natural Resource Conservation Service’s Snow Survey Office in Denver said in a news release.

The last time the state’s snowpack was this high at the start of the year was in 1997, when it was 160 percent of average.

Ginger View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 7:42pm
oh thanks for the insult. Just going on what my local news said the other day. Wasn't me, they said that denver has had only 50% for that time of year. Blame it on the news. And I think your a uninformed moron as well for saying that :)
Wingnutx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Wingnutx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 7:49pm
Last I checked there weren't any ski resorts in Denver.  Also the person you called out (Bruizza) lives in Denver so I think he is much more aware of the average snowfall rates than you are.  Next time pay a little more attention to what you are so emphatically saying is the truth.  You can't pick a city and apply it to the entire state.

So I would say that you are the one who failed, not Bruizza
Scorer099 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Scorer099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2011 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Ginger

oh thanks for the insult. Just going on what my local news said the other day. Wasn't me, they said that denver has had only 50% for that time of year. Blame it on the news. And I think your a uninformed moron as well for saying that :)

1. Your local news is located where?
2. If you hear it on the news it must be true.
3. Oh Denver, ya that's a real good model for CO's snowpack, especially since the City of Denver is a mecca for skiing/riding
4. I'm going to blame you, well... just because i agree with WingNut

Oh and finally, here is the Colorado snowpack reports as of today... It compares this this year to the average, this year to lasts years, and last year to average. Chew on that and get back to us.
http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/reports/UpdateReport.html?report=Colorado&format=SNOTEL+Snowpack+Comparison+Update+Report
I'm just here to look cool...

www.angrysnowboarder.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>