Extra 10-20% off select Purchases
More Info - Join Now
0 Staff | 9 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 398,154 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > Travel, Resorts & Regional Riders > East Coast Riders

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Favorite VT mountain

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  12>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aggiee7 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote aggiee7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite VT mountain
    Posted: Jan/21/2011 at 5:41pm
Everyone from the east coast.... whats your favorite mountain in VT?

How many times do you usually hit up the Vermont mountains a season?

For me:
Okemo (1)
Stratton (1)
Mount Snow (5)
Killington (1)

Stratton one more this weekend for sure, and 2 more at Killington in February. Then who knows, love Okemo so I am hoping to go back a few times again this season.
surgyon View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote surgyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2011 at 5:45pm
Mt Snow once last season, not sure if I'll make it up there this season
chriskot View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote chriskot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2011 at 6:33pm
In VT I've only been to Killington and I like it, except I feel like the parks aren't that great but there is a lot of mountain to ride.
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2011 at 6:52pm
^- same here. I felt like Killington was more oriented for skiers but then again this was 9 years ago when I went. I wasnt very good then but neither were the moguls to my knees.
NorthernCountry125 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote NorthernCountry125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2011 at 9:02am
For me, it's Mount Snow, although Okemo and Killington rank right up there. Mount Snow is the closest mountain in VT to where I live, so naturally it's the least driving distance and time. Mount Snow has a pretty good variety of terrain, but it can get small after a full day of riding. It's definitely a good mountain though overall. I usually get 2-3 days of riding there per season.

**Also, if you're savy, you can get away with paying for a youth lift ticket at Mount Snow if you just say you're 18, even though you may be several years older than 18. Sure, it's a white lie and maybe not that great for your karma (if you believe in that kind of thing), but it saves close to $10 on a one day ticket. Just make sure you have the correct year worked out in your head that correlates to the year you would have been born to make you 18. People I know just say a birthday which makes them close to 19, but still 18 so they get the youth ticket. I never done this, but I know people who do. I guess it's taking advantage but that's the way it goes due to Mount Snow having their ticket ages set up the way they have them set up.**
aggiee7 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote aggiee7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2011 at 10:07am
I spent a week at mount snow and I definitely agree that it gets small after a few hours/days. I do enjoy that all the parks are in Carinthia, you dont have to go searching through the mountain to find the parks or find the connecting trails to it.
incompetentuser View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote incompetentuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2011 at 10:09am
Killington - 7 days from right now I'll be busy boarding there.
snowrestler142 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote snowrestler142 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2011 at 7:15am

I learned to ride at Killington, so its always going to rank pretty high on my list of resorts on the East Coast (a.k.a the Ice Coast).  However, it is a bit of a haul from my house to Killington just for a day trip.  Usually we hit up Mt. Snow for day trips.  Mt. Snow is nice, but the previous two posts are true, it does get kinda small after a couple hours of riding.  Also, thier base areas leave a little to be desired.  They tend to run small and get crowded real quick.  I'm not even a big park rider and I love the way they have all thier parks in Carinthia, its just a smart way to set up the mountain.  As far as VT goes, Mt. Snow is a preety good place for a day trip.

inksofmemories View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote inksofmemories Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2011 at 7:47am
i went Killington and Stowe last season. i went back to Killington again this season. i'm kinda bummed about not going to Stowe again since its my favorite so far but i will be trying out Mount Snow in a few weeks.
casanovaa0 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote casanovaa0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2011 at 8:15am
i think stowe is an awesome mtn. i like killington for the size but the amount of people is not always favorable. I hit up sugarbush a few week ago and that was pretty great as well. i hope to hit up three VT mtns and make my assessment.
yechiboarder770 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Yeah for it!

Quote yechiboarder770 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2011 at 8:17am
I've only been to Stratton and Killington, but I have to say that the conditions at Stratton are so much better and more fun to ride, plus it is usually a lot quieter, and the entire place is less commercialized, which I like. Also the Stratton village is really cool. As Killington goes it has much more terrain to pick from, which is cool. And the Stash park is awesome. I really want to check out Northern VT though, like Stowe and Jay Peak. They look so great!
exastronaut View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote exastronaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by yechiboarder770

I have to say that the conditions at Stratton are so much better and more fun to ride, plus it is usually a lot quieter, and the entire place is less commercialized, which I like. Also the Stratton village is really cool.

Stratton  is pretty nice mountain, and I also like the village. There isn't much going on near the resort, so they constructed a little shopping and apres spot right at the base.

However, I wouldn't say that it's less commercial by any means. Stratton is owned by Intrawest, and they own 7 resorts in North America. They're not exactly a mom and pop operation.

Everything in the village is owned by them, but it's carefully planned out so it doesn't feel too corporate. They do a good job of it. Still, even the dive bar, 'The Green Door', is owned by Intrawest and no doubt was planned out by corporate millionaires to fit their idea of what the dive bar at Stratton should be like.
daroberts3 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote daroberts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 3:58pm
Going to Startton the first week of March, I'll have to check out "The Green Door". Dive bars rule!
soulslider View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
condo with a view

Quote soulslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 5:24pm
Already been up to Okemo, Stowe, and Smuggs this winter.  Heading back up to Smuggs in 13 days.  Those are my favorite 3.  Okemo is good for a short trip and we have a timeshare at Smuggs...great mountain, shitty lifts.  Really wanna check out Jay, maybe next year.
'10 Rider's Choice BTX 154.5/'09 Custom X 158/ '10 Malolo 158
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote exastronaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 5:44pm
I really like Smuggs on weekdays because the lifts aren't really a problem. Old and slow is fine when you don't have to wait to get on them. But on the weekends, they can be really bad.

The more I go different places, the more I like Sugarbush. The main mountain is like one big bowl, so you don't have to do a bunch of traversing or worry about planning your route out ahead of time. You can get to the lodge from any chair without traversing, and with only a couple exceptions, you can get from one chair directly to any other chair.

Jay and Stowe are great mountains, but because they're so stretched out, I feel like you spend a lot of time either working one chair or traversing to get from one to the next. There is a T-bar at Jay and it's sole purpose is to get you back up the mountain far enough to traverse. That kinda sucks. At Stowe, getting from one part of the mountain to another can seem like a day-long process. They're both great mountains, just a lot harder to get around.

Plus Sugarbush has Mt. Ellen, so when it gets busy on the weekends and holidays, you can pop over there. The tourist crowd never ventures over to Ellen, so it's never crowded.
chenmt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote chenmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 5:47pm
Jay Peak is the best. I don't think traversing from one side to theother is much of a problem. I think waiting for the tram sometimes sucks.
Aric889 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
camelback

Quote Aric889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 5:51pm
New to Snowboarding and plan to buy a board soon wht out of all the VT mountians is the best?
aggiee7 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote aggiee7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 6:04pm
Went to Okemo today and the conditions were great. Fresh pow all day long, stayed on Jackson Gore for most of the time.

@Aric889 - how close do you live to VT? It's all about preference - I mainly hit up the lower 3 mounts (Mount Snow, Stratton, Okemo) because its a long haul to northern VT from CT. However I have hear great things about Jay and Stowe and definently want to venture up there. My reviews on the 3. 1. Mount Snow- lots and lots of blue trails, if your into park they have Carinthia which is all the parks on one mountian face, very conveniant. Mt Snow I believe is very straight forward most lifts go straight to the time and all trails end at the bottom (maybe a little confusing but thats how I see it. 2. Okemo which is my favorite- always great snow and the overall feeling of Okemo is great. It does take a few lifts to get to where you want but all the trails are worth going on. Lots of blacks and blue I believe its a great inermediate and advanced mountain. 3. Stratton- only been a few times but me and my buddies are the biggest fans of the place - love their glades however.
insemnia View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote insemnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 6:25pm
I've only been to Stratton, Killington, and Sugarbush. I liked Stratton a lot, but it didn't seem to get much sun, so it was very cold.
insemnia View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote insemnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 6:26pm
Killington is good too, but I mainly love it for it being a fun spot to go and party.  It has a decent night life with sweaters.  A nice break from the city.
getupk3v View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Sweet as!

Quote getupk3v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by insemnia

Killington is good too, but I mainly love it for it being a fun spot to go and party.  It has a decent night life with sweaters.  A nice break from the city.

killington is the closest thing to a city in vermont. weekends are like a mass/ny/nj drinking commune.

i hung onto my college id and for the past six years i've been paying like half price for lift tickets at jay.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote exastronaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by getupk3v

killington is the closest thing to a city in vermont. weekends are like a mass/ny/nj drinking commune.

Killington is probably the biggest, best known VT resort that is close to people from NY/CT/NJ, but it definitely isn't anywhere near being the closest thing to a city in Vermont. Stowe has a lot more going on than Killington, especially outside of the actual resort itself. And of course there are actual towns and cities in Vermont, they just aren't always close to the mountains.  Burlington is the biggest city in Vermont and has a good night life, but it's an hour or more away from the big resorts.
incompetentuser View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote incompetentuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 1:17pm
Only been to Killington but I really like it. Nice variety, good nightlife.
jerry000 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jerry000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 1:19pm
i like killington the most, great time riding there..

mt snow was also a good time and okemo is always fun..problem is lift tickets are getting more and more expensive making it harder for me to take trips out there and enjoy the VT pow
bhswrestler150 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 1:26pm
I have never liked Mt Snow, alwasy super crazy busy, long lift lines, and I dont think the trails are as good as Okemo. Maybe I just havent explored enought of the mountain...... I was there over new years and their snow was horrible

Okemo has been my favorite mountain, long runs, great snow, fast lifts, and if your smart you can usally pick your trails so you dont have to wait long in lines
ttuccio 12 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ttuccio 12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 6:36pm
Okemo dude, love it. I've done Snow and Killington, but Okemo is where it's at for me.

Plus the Pot Belly pub is the S**t!
getupk3v View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Sweet as!

Quote getupk3v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 7:06pm
the only redeeming factor about okemo is the fact that they have a lift from the bottom of the pipe to the top.
K8sgotgame View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote K8sgotgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 4:03am
Originally posted by getupk3v

Originally posted by insemnia

A big reason why I hate Killington... not the drinking, but the hoards of MA/NJ/CT/NY people on the mountain. Wink
C02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote C02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 5:00am
i love Corinthia at mt snow.
Dsturs View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Dsturs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 7:08am
I personally could have fun anywhere in vermont. Norther vermont is different than southern, and i do prefer the steeper, more interesting terrain found up north. To me, resorts in Southern vermont are basically the same as what i ride in PA, just with way better snow/Parks and a bit bigger.

I personally would rather drive a few hours further and hit up some really challenging and different terrain, such as what you find at Stowe, Jay peak, and Sugarbush.
bigbouldersucks
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 7:33am
Originally posted by K8sgotgame

A big reason why I hate Killington... not the drinking, but the hoards of MA/NJ/CT/NY people on the mountain. Wink

I agree that Killington can get way too busy on weekends and holidays but don't go hating on us MA people. We are aren't all bad.
VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 7:53am
Originally posted by snowmen

I agree that Killington can get way too busy on weekends and holidays but don't go hating on us MA people. We are aren't all bad.

Killington does get mobbed.
Tourists are the same no matter where they are from. Some just think they rule the world (not just Americans) and some are really nice. I hate the people who take a vacation from common sense, or are just plain rude.
For some reason a lot of people forget how to drive when they come up here, too. I understand you are in a hurry to get to your ski house and pound some beers, but take it easy and relax.
I actually appreciate when people come up here for vacation, it helps my friends and I out by bringing money into the area.
Be cool, leave the attitude at home, have a good chairlift conversation, and maybe I'll show you a spot or two... Probably not, but you never know. ;)
Another thing: Hey Europeans, we tip at restaurants and bars here! I'm looking at you Germany!
jayehs View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jayehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:03am
Originally posted by NorthernCountry125

**Also, if you're savy, you can get away with paying for a youth lift ticket at Mount Snow if you just say you're 18, even though you may be several years older than 18. Sure, it's a white lie and maybe not that great for your karma (if you believe in that kind of thing), but it saves close to $10 on a one day ticket. Just make sure you have the correct year worked out in your head that correlates to the year you would have been born to make you 18. People I know just say a birthday which makes them close to 19, but still 18 so they get the youth ticket. I never done this, but I know people who do. I guess it's taking advantage but that's the way it goes due to Mount Snow having their ticket ages set up the way they have them set up.**

How is this a white lie?  It's just scamming that benefits noone but yourself.
vandi518 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote vandi518 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by VermontRider

Originally posted by snowmen

Killington does get mobbed.
Tourists are the same no matter where they are from. Some just think they rule the world (not just Americans) and some are really nice. I hate the people who take a vacation from common sense, or are just plain rude.
For some reason a lot of people forget how to drive when they come up here, too. I understand you are in a hurry to get to your ski house and pound some beers, but take it easy and relax.
I actually appreciate when people come up here for vacation, it helps my friends and I out by bringing money into the area.
Be cool, leave the attitude at home, have a good chairlift conversation, and maybe I'll show you a spot or two... Probably not, but you never know. ;)
Another thing: Hey Europeans, we tip at restaurants and bars here! I'm looking at you Germany!

To add to VR's comments, it is also amazing to me how many out of towners in and around the mountain just loose any common sense they "may" have had prior to coming here.  Like VR said, just chill and slow down, the mountain/beers are not going anywhere so don't risk your life or someone else's being stupid and driving too fast, especially on snow covered roads you aren't accustomed to driving on.  Just because it has snowed a lot in NJ the last 2 years doesn't mean you know how to drive in it, you don't!  Another issue I have with some of our neighbors to the south is this, if the lot is full, find another place to park and don't be a complete DB and block someone in because you are in a hurry to get to the lift, have a little common courtesy!  I have seen this happen several times in the last few weeks and my local mountain and both times it has been an out of state vehicle (MA to be specific).  

We love the fact that you want to come here and enjoy our mountains and spend your $, but something you have to realize when you come up for the weekend, things move a little slower here and we like it that way, so while you are visiting just surrender to the flow and enjoy it...your hectic 100mph life will still be there when you get back to metropolis.
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2011 at 4:19am
Originally posted by vandi518

To add to VR's comments, it is also amazing to me how many out of towners in and around the mountain just loose any common sense they "may" have had prior to coming here.  Like VR said, just chill and slow down, the mountain/beers are not going anywhere so don't risk your life or someone else's being stupid and driving too fast, especially on snow covered roads you aren't accustomed to driving on.  Just because it has snowed a lot in NJ the last 2 years doesn't mean you know how to drive in it, you don't!  Another issue I have with some of our neighbors to the south is this, if the lot is full, find another place to park and don't be a complete DB and block someone in because you are in a hurry to get to the lift, have a little common courtesy!  I have seen this happen several times in the last few weeks and my local mountain and both times it has been an out of state vehicle (MA to be specific).  

We love the fact that you want to come here and enjoy our mountains and spend your $, but something you have to realize when you come up for the weekend, things move a little slower here and we like it that way, so while you are visiting just surrender to the flow and enjoy it...your hectic 100mph life will still be there when you get back to metropolis.

I think everyone just needs to relax and get along a better and be more tolerant of each other. I consider myself pretty courteous and we don't go to VT to try and bother anyone. We unfortunately don't live close to a suitable ski resort so it takes us 2.5 to 4 hours to get to various resorts and when we get their we are anxious to ride. Due to the travel time we can't do this on a very frequent basis, so maybe we are a bit more anxious to get out their in comparison to those living close by who can hit up the mountain several times a week. Trust me, we don't like the mobs either but we are limited on when we can visit.
vandi518 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote vandi518 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2011 at 6:10am
^^^ Agreed, and by no means was I trying to hate on you or anyone from MA specifically, I'm just stating the facts of what I have witnessed recently and in the past.  I understand it's a long hike for many to get to some decent mountains but that doesn't make it acceptable to drive like a maniac or block another person in because the lot is full.  We all know that it only takes one or two assholes to screw things up for everyone and like we both said, we welcome the out of state vistors since VT relies heavily on the $$$ they bring in and the mountains are certainly the number one attraction.  Being anxious to get to the hill is fine, hell, I feel that way and I live here, but being aggressive/rude is another and unfortunately, the latter seems to be becoming more common in recent years.

Next time you are headed up to northern VT send me a PM and we can try to meet up, I will gladly show you a few of those "locals" spots. LOL
andydeckerrr View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote andydeckerrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2011 at 6:20am
mount snow and killington are my faves.
getupk3v View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Sweet as!

Quote getupk3v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2011 at 6:34am
how is the park at stowe?
snow4life View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my sexy bike

Quote snow4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2011 at 6:53am
killington! you gotta love The Stash! all natural rails and are mad fun to ride on.
shakazulu12:(2:15PM) Nyle (Giftedhands) gets really big and turns green when angry.

BAAHAhahahahha
ibkushman320 View Drop Down
Local
Local
NJ

Quote ibkushman320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2011 at 8:25am
i've been to killington, stratton, stowe, pico, and sugarbush and outta those i'd have to say killington. its just a whole lotta mountain to ride...plus you got the stash, which even for a park newbie like me to ride through and just check out is awesome. 
wpiass View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote wpiass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2011 at 8:32am
gotta go with the flow here...killington comes in slightly ahead of stowe in my book
be talkin to ya
getupk3v View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Sweet as!

Quote getupk3v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2011 at 8:57am
<-----profile pic taken 11/5/10 at killington

i <3 killington... midweek!
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2011 at 8:20am
Originally posted by vandi518

^^^ Agreed, and by no means was I trying to hate on you or anyone from MA specifically, I'm just stating the facts of what I have witnessed recently and in the past.  I understand it's a long hike for many to get to some decent mountains but that doesn't make it acceptable to drive like a maniac or block another person in because the lot is full.  We all know that it only takes one or two assholes to screw things up for everyone and like we both said, we welcome the out of state vistors since VT relies heavily on the $$$ they bring in and the mountains are certainly the number one attraction.  Being anxious to get to the hill is fine, hell, I feel that way and I live here, but being aggressive/rude is another and unfortunately, the latter seems to be becoming more common in recent years.

Next time you are headed up to northern VT send me a PM and we can try to meet up, I will gladly show you a few of those "locals" spots. LOL

Thanks for the invite and good shredding to all!
rem209 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rem209 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2011 at 11:53am
I try to go to VT as much as I possibly can Smile, but I live in NYC and it's pretty far. We go to VT the most...boarded there 4 days this season and 1 day in Killington. Killington is def my fav...it has so much more terrain and waaay shorter lift lines on the wkends (as long as you stay away from the gondolas).
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2011 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by rem209

I try to go to VT as much as I possibly can Smile, but I live in NYC and it's pretty far. We go to VT the most...boarded there 4 days this season and 1 day in Killington. Killington is def my fav...it has so much more terrain and waaay shorter lift lines on the wkends (as long as you stay away from the gondolas).

I find many of the lift lines very long at Killington on the weekends. What resorts did you find that were much worse?
joej12321 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote joej12321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2011 at 4:32pm
I usually only go to killington. I've gone to Mount Snow a couple times but everytime I go it seems to be much more crowded compared to killington.
chriskot View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote chriskot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2011 at 4:32pm
Just got back from mount snow. Park was great and so were the glades. Only thing was I thought the crowd was really towards the asshole side of the spectrum. Especially in the park.
mho223 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mho223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2012 at 11:34am
Mount snow!
woodhomie1996 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 10:23am
(1) Okemo
(2) Stratton
(3) Killington

those are the only ones I have been to o far, hopefully that will change this season.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2012 at 10:33am
I've hit Okemo and Killington. For me Killington was the winner especially how it had such a good park for less skilled riders with a lot of features to hit
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>