Share/Save/Bookmark Page  12>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SoCalRyder View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
My little guy showin up the old man

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SoCalRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ride (and eat) for free on your birfday
    Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 10:49am
Which resorts offer free birfday lift tickets? In So Cal - Bear, Summit and Snow Valley definitely do. I ride Summit every year on my birfday. Mammoth doesnt. Any other resorts do that?

On a side note what other perks are there? I just signed up for a Benihana's Chef's Table Club. $30 towards your check on your big day.

EDIT: So far here's the summary as of 3/4/2013

YES
CA - Mountain High
CA - Bear Mountain
CA - Snow Summit (Summer Birfdays net you a ride on The Sky Chair for hiking and off-site mtn biking)
   - Update 3/4/13 - I heard a rumor that Snow Summit might be opening for Downhill Mountain Biking after being closed for 7+ years. I like local trails and driving to Mammoth sometimes. But nothing beats local, lift-assisted DH parks and trails.
CA - Snow Valley
CA - Mt Baldy
CA - Homewood
CA - China Peak    CP Details

CO - Sol Vista Basin    SVB Details

MN - Wild Mountain    WM Details

MT - Blacktail Mountain   BM Details

NV - Diamond Peak

WA - Stevens Pass
WA - Crystal Mountain

AB CA - Marmot Basin     MB Details

Maybe/Unconfirmed
ID - Lookout Pass - But they do have free ski school

Discount
NY - Belleayre Mountain 1/2 off BM Details

NO
CA - Mammoth
CO - A-Basin
CO - Copper
CO - Loveland (But you can get married at their annual marriage event and you get a 2 for 1 lift ticket for you and your future spouse)
CO - WinterPark
NH - Wildcat

Food
Benihanas - Various Locations - $30 Credit for your meal on your birthday month. Sign up well before your birthday in order to get the email in time. Meaning before the month starts as they send it at the beginning of the month.
Village Inn - Various Locations - Free Pie
Del Taco - Various Locations (Meaning cities that zone for diarrhea) - Birfday Shake - Sign up first on their website - DT Birfday Club
Denny's - Various Locations - Free Grand Slam       Denny's Grand Slam
Fuddruckers - Various Locations - Fudds Club - Nets you a birthday treat (Which I think according to MrMeaty is a burger) and a surprise on your anniversary date. (Don't know if that means relationship anniversary or anniversary from the date you signed up). Fudd Club
Steak and Shake - Various Locations - eClub - Specials on your birthday and other special occasions. (According to MrMeaty that may be a Double Burger. Thanks MrMeaty for eating out so much) SnS eClub
Ruby Tuesdays - Various Locations - Free Burger RT So Connected Club
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 11:27am
Wildcat in NH used to do that ... not sure if they still do. I don't know of any others in New England that do.
Spenser W. View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Spenser W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 11:29am
I BELIEVE homewood in tahoe does that.
2011 159 YES Typo II
2010 Triads
2011 Impreza
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 11:33am
adding to the list:
mountain high in socal
diamond peak in tahoe
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 11:50am
My birfday's in May. No freebie's here and I'm hatin on all of you with winter birthdays.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
ryleyp92 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ryleyp92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 11:52am
Any place on the east coast that does this? NY, NJ, PA, VT?
RideTimeless View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 12:13pm
And that's why you should board in So Cal!

http://www.trusnow.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40065
Did you google it?
bayu_8888 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bayu_8888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 12:19pm
Never heard of it around DC. I wish they had something like that.
jnguyen75 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jnguyen75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 12:21pm
if there were only snow in July/year around..
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SoCalRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 1:50pm
Colorado peeps? I'm going to CO at the end of Mar/early April. Flights are so cheap I thought I'd go on my birfday too.

There is snow year 'round. But you got to go to Mammoth if they are open until then. I think Mt Hood or somewhere near there is open. Or go to the other side of the planet to get it. It's simple. Go pro and have someone pay you to ride all year long.
packfan4ever View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote packfan4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 4:51pm
anyone know of something like this anywhere in the midwest. mines dec 30 so i could use it and wouldnt mind saving a few $
dy3versity View Drop Down
Local
Local
Fresh Pow!

Quote dy3versity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 10:10pm
I know for sure Mt High does.
libengazi View Drop Down
Local
Local
BS 180

Quote libengazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 10:18pm
There is no resort in Bulgaria to do that :(
It could be great  :)
respect mountains
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2011 at 5:19am
Didnt even know about this...
I'm going on a ski trip on my bday next week.
I should check this out...haha
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SoCalRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2011 at 8:18am
@jjfreak - let us know if you find some spots that hook it up on your birfday.

it's your birfday, it's your birfday....
kingman756 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kingman756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2011 at 3:44pm
lol^ whatever resort that lets you ride on your bday deserves a cookie
Gumpster94 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Gumpster94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2011 at 4:18pm
Sucks Colorado doesn't do anything like that. At least Village Inn gives you free pie on your bday!!
ILikePie View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
nj

Quote ILikePie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2011 at 6:55pm
Donate blood in NJ, get free ski lift ticket, don't know if there still tickets left but my friends got free tickets a few weeks ago

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-democrat/index.ssf/2010/01/donate_blood_in_hunterdon_coun.html
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SoCalRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 6:10am
^^How convenient for you "ilikepie"! Look at the post above yours and your birfday is complete.
yuhui View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote yuhui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 8:42am
My birthday is tomorrow, I'll see if I can get anywhere for free
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 8:47am
Stevens Pass and Crystal Mountain in WA offers this deal too.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SoCalRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2011 at 7:50am
If you are fortunate enough to be able to board on your birthday and get a lift ticket for free you should:
1. Let us know so we can build this list
2. Thank the people/resort for the program Maybe send an email or letter.
3. Support these resorts whenever you can - bring paying peeps with you and let them know that's one of the reasons you support them.

Judging by the posts there are few places that offer this. So we should be trying to support/encourage this and maybe your favorite resort might adopt a similar program.

boardoholic View Drop Down
Local
Local
The Dragon

Quote boardoholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2011 at 6:38am
You can move Homewood to the confirmed YES list. I got my Bday comp over Super Bowl wknd. And although it's really no biggie, it's actually located in Cali.

I dig your other 2 suggestions. I'll fire off a quick email to 'em in a bit. And I'm hoping to make a return visit next month when my friends & I set up a multi-day trip to North Lake.
PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing. ~Mitch Hedberg
blackicex View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote blackicex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2011 at 6:43am
didn't even know resorts offered this. seems like its mostly west coast though
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SoCalRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2011 at 7:48am
@boardaholic - I just went to Benihana's the other day for my birfday $30 meal. I maxed it out and was stuffed. They even take your picture and give you an ice cream sundae to top it off. It was lunch so we got out of there pretty cheap considering the prices. $100 incl tip for 5 people. I definitely only go there on my birfday. Food is ok for the $.

Edit: it would have been 100 without the discount. It was 28.50 less(What they counted as part of my meal).
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SoCalRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2012 at 3:11pm
Added some additional resorts to the ride free on your birfday list.

I haven't checked the existing ones if they still have the program. Make sure you check the website before you head up.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2012 at 5:03pm
good job on the list, thanks for posting this. Even though my bday is July 4 and the only place that I know of around socal area is Mammoth. That's why I just get a season pass :-)
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2012 at 5:44pm

Chilies gives you a free Ice cream brownie sundae--but you have to sign up at their website and printout the coupon.

Del Taco gives you a large premium milkshake-but you have to sign up at their website and print out the coupon.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SoCalRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2012 at 6:23pm
rurchan - if it makes you feel any better. I celebrated your birfday by snowboarding at Mammoth last year.

Chill - Thanks for the heads up. I couldnt find anything about a brifday perk but i found out just by signing up you get free queso and chili dip when you by an entree.

What's Queso? And Chili? Glad you asked.
ianbejamin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ianbejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2012 at 6:44pm
this is a useful topic. Any places on the east coast?
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2012 at 7:23pm
I want a cookie as well!
and east coast info needed too!
any of the resorts around the Barrie, ON area?
ianbejamin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ianbejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2012 at 7:37pm
I'm looking for areas specifically north of boston: New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, etc.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2012 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by ianbejamin

I'm looking for areas specifically north of boston: New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, etc.
I wanna travel south to one of those locations, heard the snow and slopes are amazing!
be awesome if there were some deals to be had..bus/hotel/tickets/food.
kirkalicious View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kirkalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2012 at 6:19am
aww man too bad winter park or copper don't, know of any other CO resorts that may give you free lift tickets on your bday?
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2012 at 7:27am
Thanks for this, I don't have a season pass this year, maybe I can get a day in on my birthday in April.
PunkPhilosophy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Canyons Resort POWDER DAY... This is SPRING in Utah!

Quote PunkPhilosophy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2012 at 8:14am
How about in UTAH... has anyone ever heard of free lift tix for your B-Day up here in Utard... I mean Utah?
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2012 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by kirkalicious

aww man too bad winter park or copper don't, know of any other CO resorts that may give you free lift tickets on your bday?

I dont think so..I was searching for this as well for my buddies birthday. I couldn't find ANYTHING about free tix on your bday in CO. bummer.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SoCalRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2012 at 6:28am
^Sol Vista Basin in CO is on the list. My first post is updated.

Crested Butte used to do it. But i couldn't find anything on their website that indicates they still do.

If you find any add them to the list.

As I mentioned before - Make sure we support the resorts that do have free Bday tix/perks.
Weymaro View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Weymaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2012 at 7:34am
Im 97% sure crested butte still does. My birthday is in May so it doesn't matter anyway.
mattbrowne8 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote mattbrowne8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2012 at 7:42am
lmfao @deltaco.

any other confirmed tahoe resorts?
screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2012 at 12:17pm
Hrm, I can't find any info on whether Homewood/Diamond Peak will offer a b-day free day for peeps born outside ski season.  I remember them offering this a couple years ago.  Sadly I was born in early October (likely a product of a drunken NYE hookup.  lol)

If anyone has found links about this, please post them!
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Online Status: Online
  Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2012 at 12:35pm

I get boned no matter what, unless there's someone with a free b-day lift in the middle of July.

CharlieZima View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote CharlieZima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2012 at 11:12pm
No more snow on my birthday
kcsnowboard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kcsnowboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2012 at 9:04am
Sux my bday is in the summer.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2012 at 9:18am
Ya summer birthday people get screwed
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2012 at 10:29pm
CA - Snow Summit (Summer Birfdays net you a ride on The Sky Chair for hiking and off-site mtn biking) 

interesting I may take advantage of this as well as Benihana's

Denny's gives you a free grand slam
Tastea gives you a free drink.(it's a boba place)
Long hair don't care!
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2012 at 6:37am
too bad hood doesnt do this in the summer, my birthday is august 22nd, right at the end of the summer season.
Camber Is The New Rocker.
sleeepili View Drop Down
Local
Local
catching air at bear

Quote sleeepili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2012 at 4:53am
sweet list. thanks for putting this together. unfortunately i have a summer birthday and i dont do mountain biking, so snowsummit is out of the question
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SoCalRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2012 at 12:10pm
Birthday perk list updated thanks to our in-house food/restaurant reviewer MrMeaty. Thank you for eating out so much. I live through you and your gastronomic adventures.

BTW - you can hike Snow Summit in the summer
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2012 at 12:37pm
Yeah i've never heard of anywhere in Colorado doing this but who knows...

Vail resorts scan gun tells you happy birthday...yipee
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>