The Official Union Bindings Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 11>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Official Union Bindings Thread
    Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 4:31pm
This is the official union bindings thread, not the franken thread that can be found here -->http://www.trusnow.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=38972&PID=827007
This is where you can discuss different binders, problems without having to start 80 billion new threads. Right now im rocking some 2011 blue forces and can say they are amazing...

Heres some pics of whats too come in 2012
Forces
Force Sl
Contact Pro
Flite
*NEW* for 2012 Atlas
Contact

L to R- Superpros, Team, Danny Kass, Capita Union Collab
More Contacts
More Sl
More Contact Pro

Force MC
DLX (i think)
Some more....

MC:

Danny Kass Pro Model:

Atlas Team:

Ladies Flite:

Holden + Union collaboration:

More padding in the straps of the Force:

Ultrafear:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybae some more coming soon

Digitalism View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Digitalism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 6:18pm
I have 2011 Contacts. They're amazing, to say the least. Only complaint i have so far is that the binding straps are a little big. It's easy to fix though, the straps are highly adjustable.
aceisuhhh View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote aceisuhhh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 6:23pm
jeese.. these color waves are really dope. i already cant wait for next season gear.
ma3lstrom13 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ma3lstrom13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 6:33pm
the prices on all the tags are in yen. japan? sweet
tomek77pl View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote tomek77pl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 6:46pm
OMG i wannna cry right now after i saw the 2012 forces i wish i didnt get mine 2011 cyan forces :(
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by tomek77pl

OMG i wannna cry right now after i saw the 2012 forces i wish i didnt get mine 2011 cyan forces :(
this is exactly why companies dont like their stuff leaked early, granted its no surprise after SIA.
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 6:55pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQe-4x3xO0s

great review

what you guys think of contact pro vs burton cartel? l'm more of a all mountain, no park
CheckOnTrips View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote CheckOnTrips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by winn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQe-4x3xO0s

great review

what you guys think of contact pro vs burton cartel? l'm more of a all mountain, no park

Thats a no brainer for me.  Go with the Cartels if the park isnt part of your game.
getupk3v View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Sweet as!

Quote getupk3v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 7:17pm
i'm thinking of swapping from cartels to contact pros but i ride everything including park and pipe. has anyone ridden both? and if so are the contact pros as adjustable as the cartels? and is the flex similar?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 7:19pm
think of it this way.... gigi has ridden a plethora of different bindings over the years.. p1s, triads, and cartels most recently (before union), and when he designed his own union binding, its the contact pro.. take it for what it's worth.

the real answer is that there is no answer, it's all preference.  you might like the contact pro more, you never know.. but most likely they are a slightly less aggressive binding because of the baseplate design.. then again we all know how gigi rides, so obviously they work..
eldolocal68 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote eldolocal68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 7:25pm
jeez, those gray things go on a battleship? S.S.Force, coming to a theater of war near you.
tcsmthop View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tcsmthop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 7:28pm
anyone know when the 2012 go on sale?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 7:30pm
on sale?  or for sale?  they will be for sale this fall, and they will be on sale in over a year.
getupk3v View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Sweet as!

Quote getupk3v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 7:32pm
thanks spenser, yeah i was thinking the same. i've rode cartels for six years but being the gigi fan boy that i am, i figured if he designed it, it must be the sheeet.
tcsmthop View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tcsmthop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 8:40pm
yeah sorry for sale
tcsmthop View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tcsmthop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 9:11pm
hey spenser,you know how the atlas compares to the forces or sl? thanks This is all ive heard about them, "We have a new family of bindings coming out- the Atlas bindings. They are a natural progression of the Force Family it’s at a good price point of $239. It is designed for that Force-type of customer who wants to ride everything with a solid binding."
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 9:14pm
its just supposed to be a "new" force type binding.  i wouldnt spend too much of your time thinking about it, just give em a try.  im betting they ride pretty similar.
chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 3:32am
Originally posted by tomek77pl

Kinding thinking that same thought, its not that i don't like the blue its just the new indoor fk is red,  wouldn't look as cool as the red forces on it.
tomek77pl View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote tomek77pl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 3:34am
yea my board would look sick with the green forces. I always wanted to get green forces but i couldn't find a pair before i went snowboarding that weekend so i just went out and bought the blue 2011 forces
Boogeyman24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Boogeyman24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 5:41am
i'm digging the new color schemes. i'm still riding my 09 forces and am just starting to have trouble with the ankle strap screw coming loose, otherwise those things have been great. 
Say Shhhhhh...
EpicFAIL View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote EpicFAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 5:56am
Originally posted by Boogeyman24

i'm digging the new color schemes.
+1, but too bad I'm not going to be buying anything new for a while...
PtBlankAssassin View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote PtBlankAssassin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 6:07am
Thanks Riley for sure gonna get the green forces they look so boss. Well its a good time to start saving up.
DicksmashMcIroncock View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote DicksmashMcIroncock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 7:01am
Have they improved the toe strap yet? Have they started sending screws that are actually long enough and don't have to be tightened after every couple runs?
Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 7:05am
Originally posted by DicksmashMcIroncock

Have they improved the toe strap yet?

Have you used your eyes to look at any of the new ones?

Have they started sending screws that are actually long enough and don't have to be tightened after every couple runs?

I've been using Unions for 6 years and have never once had my mounting screws come loose.

Originally posted by PtBlankAssassin

Thanks Riley for sure gonna get the green forces they look so boss.

Forces are made by Union, not Rome, silly.
http://thench.com/garage/
GUTH View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote GUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 7:12am

Have they improved the toe strap yet? Have they started sending screws that are actually long enough and don't have to be tightened after every couple runs?

All Unions have a brand new toe strap, even thought, most people who couldn't get them to work right, just didn't put them on correctly.

In any case, they are new and have less fitting issues.   

As for screw,   I worked the Capita/Union demo yesterday and didn't have a single stap getting lose issue. 

As Spencer Said, the Atlas its replacing the Data and is basically a lighter version of the force with their Stage 3 base. 
*Insert Something Clever Here*
IOfractal View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote IOfractal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 7:23am
I worked with the union rep many times trying to get the strap to work right and it always slipped, they replaced my buckles, tried to tell me to adjust the toe strap placement(which there was only one spot) and the placement on the boot but still they slip. Hopefully they will return the ones i have or replace my toe straps with the new ones so I dont have to spend an extra 40 bucks for burton toe straps that work with my boot. Personally i think its because of the material of the 2009/10 32 ultralights but if the burton toe straps work then these should too.
mkee19 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mkee19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 7:26am
Originally posted by Krazylegz1485

Have they started sending screws that are actually long enough and don't have to be tightened after every couple runs?

I've been using Unions for 6 years and have never once had my mounting screws come loose.

Sorry to say I've had the same issue with my ankle strap screw coming loose after a couple runs as well.  I have last years Sierra/Union Contacts.  I just make sure I check it a few times and re-tighten them...other than that I love the binding.  It may just be a factory defect in the screw...I could probably try to get the screw and sleeve replaced and see what that does.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 7:28am
From what I remember, the Burton toe straps are shaped completely different than the Union ones.  The burtons have a defined top and front piece that's sewn together at an almost 90 degree angle.  Saying that because those work for you and then the Unions should too is not the same. 
IOfractal View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote IOfractal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 7:29am
Just use some blue loctite and you will be just fine
IOfractal View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote IOfractal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 7:31am
I was talking about the ultra cap straps not the cheezy ones your talking about
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 7:33am
Originally posted by mkee19

Originally posted by Krazylegz1485

Sorry to say I've had the same issue with my ankle strap screw coming loose after a couple runs as well.  I have last years Sierra/Union Contacts.  I just make sure I check it a few times and re-tighten them...other than that I love the binding.  It may just be a factory defect in the screw...I could probably try to get the screw and sleeve replaced and see what that does.

Is he referring to the mounting disc screws or the ankle strap screws?  Since he doesn't specify, I targeted the mounting hardware.  However, when it comes to the ankle strap, I don't think the length would be what's causing it.  When my ankle strap screw is tightened in all the way, you can actually see the end of it poking out the other side of the "nut" on the heelcup.  If it's coming loose, I'd suggest putting a small drop of loctite or super glue on there. 

I don't disagree with any of you having certain small issues with the bindings, nor am I saying that Union is the perfect binding that was sent from the heavens to solve anybody's every problem.  But, if you get proactive and do something about them it's pretty easy to solve them.  You don't buy a car and expect it to just run forever with no maintenance whatsoever, do you?  Stuff's gonna wear out/wiggle loose eventually.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 7:37am
I had issues with the toe straps slipping off on my old boots (08 ion's) because the toe was so smooth/rounded.  The old force toe strap really needs some sort of ridge to catch on which those boots didn't have.  My 2010 Ions actually have a ridge on them so the straps catch a bit and work perfectly fine.  
MOAR powderz plz!
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 7:40am
Originally posted by IOfractal

Just use some blue loctite and you will be just fine

i'd be careful when it comes to using loctite.... i'm pretty sure it will void out the warranty...
MOAR powderz plz!
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 7:44am
Originally posted by IOfractal

I was talking about the ultra cap straps not the cheezy ones your talking about

Meaning these?

And you were probably using Union ones like these?

Having not had personal experience on the Burton straps, but having experience on three different Union straps, I can totally vouch for the cored out version (similar to the Burton above) as being far superior to the other two.  If you can get your hands on the toe straps from last year's Contact SL (see below) or this year's Flite bindings, I'd do it.  I can only assume you'd have a much better experience.

Contact SL w/ cored out toe straps.

IOfractal View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote IOfractal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 7:47am
Yep thats exactly what i was talking about
IOfractal View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote IOfractal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 7:51am
Yeah i am just waiting for a response from Union to see where i will go. I really love the bindings but the toe straps are inferior, if they will change them out for me or return them I will get something with the cored out strap.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 7:53am
I ended up getting a pair of the Contact SL's from a buddy, parted them out, and resold them.  I kept the highbacks and the cored out toe straps.  Seriously, they're so nice.  One piece of the strap goes on top of my toes, the other right in front, and you can cinch the crap out of them.  There's no material over the top that hinders either piece from getting as snug as a bug in a rug.  It definitely the best one I've used in my riding days, including Ride EX convertibles, the Burton capstrap like I described before, and the three different Union ones.

I have had my toe straps slip up a few times, but it's because my feet are stupid big and my toes drag when I euro-carve.  Other than that, they seem to stay put rather nicely.  Maybe the big boot keeps them stretched out really tight and doesn't allow them the chance to move around.  Either way, I personally don't think there will be any complaints from this upcoming lineup, at least as far as straps are concerned. LOL
Dirtydragon View Drop Down
Local
Local
The Top oF Tahoe

Quote Dirtydragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 9:10am
Anybody ride using M6 Conversion kit on a burton ICS board?  I have a bunch of 2010 Burton's and i was wondering if the M6 union conversion kit will also work on an ICS board.
2010 Vapor | 2010 Custom X | 2011 Custom X | 2010 Custom Vrocker | 2010 Method (Sold)
chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Dirtydragon

Anybody ride using M6 Conversion kit on a burton ICS board?  I have a bunch of 2010 Burton's and i was wondering if the M6 union conversion kit will also work on an ICS board.
Yeah email c3 and they will send you a set for free
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 2:39pm
youre supposed to buy the union channel disk actually, its a separate "accessory"

as for the toe straps being inferior.. they are my favorite.  now what?
chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 2:41pm

Hey I just added some more pics but they just showin up with the little red x...anyone else having problems?

jc610 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jc610 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 3:48pm
yeah cant see the new pics but i would love to!
MtMansfield View Drop Down
Local
Local
up at holiday valley

Quote MtMansfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 3:50pm
Those look awesome! next board I get that isn't ICS i will be getting union
chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 5:30am
Originally posted by MtMansfield

Those look awesome! next board I get regardless of it being ICS i will be getting union
FixedWink
muddog257 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote muddog257 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 7:19am
These all look awsome. I cant wate till they are released.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 7:21am
I can't weight either!
cmorrow001 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote cmorrow001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 8:14am
Truly an unbearable waite.
Dsturs View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Dsturs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 10:44am
I love the look of the atlas. next season it will be either rome's, contact pro's, or atlas'. Im hearing rumors of a canted footbed for union bindings, so that would sway me away from the rome binders.
bigbouldersucks
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
New 2012 setup for outerwear

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 1:28pm
should i switch from cartel est to unions. if so which ones. i only ride park
11 Dc lauri pro tone, 11 Rome s90 bindings

Check out www.wonsnow.com
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 2:23pm
do you like your cartels?  get forces.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>