The Official Union Bindings Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 11>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Official Union Bindings Thread
    Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

Atlas' Team is only going to be for team riders and friends, it's basically the new Force Team. I'm assuming they'll throw some up on c3-shop towards the end of the season though, considering that's been their MO in the past.

I want to be a friend!
MOAR powderz plz!
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 1:24pm
I have no friends.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 1:26pm
me either!  hi 5!
MOAR powderz plz!
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 2:39pm
can't wait for the new teams, they are rad.  i think i'm gonna put 'em on a bsod.
Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 7:01pm
I would love a pair of those myself.  They're so sexy looking.  Super clean kinda like the Holdens, but with a little color.  I at least wanna end up with some of those highbacks.
http://thench.com/garage/
tomek77pl View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote tomek77pl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 7:28pm
can you mix these and the 2011 ones? do you think blue and green would look good ? or blue and orange lol 
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 7:53pm
as far as i know, you can mix every union binding part from day one to now, except for force/contact accelerators because they fit and screw into the baseplates differently.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2011 at 2:31am
Originally posted by tomek77pl

can you mix these and the 2011 ones? do you think blue and green would look good ? or blue and orange lol 

As long as what you mix is from the same "chassis" then yes, basically everything is interchangeable.

All highbacks are interchangeable, as they all mount with only one bolt on each side.

I think it'll be cool once enough people get the new Atlas and start mixing them up.  Haven't had a chance to get my hands on them yet, so I'm not sure of what parts you can take off.
keenan7787 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote keenan7787 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2011 at 5:44pm
I have 2011 contacts.does anyone else have problems with the bucklels in the couple of weeks
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2011 at 5:46pm
buckles "going bad" is one of union's common problems.

if it feels like it's just not springing back or whatever, try this:

STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2011 at 8:37pm
Always loved the classic look of the Team Binding from Union....they just cost an arm & a leg...
Still contemplating getting my sona pair of the DLX's....they are cheap but I am unsure of the quality and ride
Dsturs View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Dsturs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2011 at 6:33am
I think i am one of the lucky ones. I never had a problem with any of my unions.
bigbouldersucks
andyc5315 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote andyc5315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2011 at 2:41am
My next pair of bindings will definitely be a pair of unions.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2011 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by STRICK-9

Always loved the classic look of the Team Binding from Union....they just cost an arm & a leg...
Still contemplating getting my sona pair of the DLX's....they are cheap but I am unsure of the quality and ride
every binding union offers is great.  you're not gonna get a cheap crappy binding from the lowest end model like you would with some other companies.

TJ schneider rode the re-union 2 years ago when it was the cadet, the most basic binding they make, and obviously he is a professional.  i also know that joe sexton likes the cadet DLX.  the current DLX is what the cadet used to be, the names just shifted.  it's a good basic binding, no frills, just a budget binding that works well.  personally i would step it up to the flite if you can, it's just a little more but you get a little more as well..
chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2011 at 1:52pm

Hey spens have you gotten that chance to ride some of the 2012's(with your special authority swag) to see if the toe straps are as good...they seem kinda like a downgrade

2nd thought CONTACT PROS MAY BE THE RADDEST BINDER EVA
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2011 at 1:55pm
depends on the boot and person.  i like the 09-11 ones where the plastic on the front is exposed but there's still material there.  i also like the older ones where the material is fully wrapped.  the new ones work too, their replacement toe straps we have are the same, but i like the older ones more.

the pictures floating around of samples and preproduction models have a different design.  johan said they changed it up a little for production but it's essentially the same.
BudAshes View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BudAshes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2011 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by spenser

can't wait for the new teams, they are rad.  i think i'm gonna put 'em on a bsod.

"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter"

I might swap the bsod with a charlie slasher though.  Depends on if I get a different pow board.
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 11:13am
what kind of binders are the atlas? cant seem to find a good description of them
dance like no one's watching
dubc15 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote dubc15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 11:14am
union always makin the best looking bindings!
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 11:17am
Originally posted by BboyTommy

what kind of binders are the atlas? cant seem to find a good description of them
new stage 3 base, new highback, new straps.  from what i have been told and read it sounds like they are a binding a force rider will like but they ride a hair softer, mostly in the highback, and are also supposed to be real light once again.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 11:19am
I wear size 10 Burton Moto's.
Would you recommend M/L SIZE OR L/XL SIZE?
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 11:53am
how does it differ from the MC then? because i thought the mc was an upgraded force but lighter.  or maybe im misinformed.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 2:55pm
largely it's the materials which is really what sets the MC apart from every other union binding, but... different base, different straps, different highback.  mc is stage 2 base like the force but super cored AND carbon injected instead of fiberglass.  stiffer and lighter.  highback is carbon fiber and it's the asym SL shaped highback.  straps are different too in the past but i think now both those bindings have the newer wider shape.  hardware is CNC machined from solid aluminum.  strong and lighter than regular hardware.  heelcup is plastic but has a metafuse nanotech coating that makes it stronger than hardened steel and also lighter.  toe ramp is full carbon which is stiffer so you get 100% energy transfer like when your boot applies pressure for a toeside turn.

look at the atlas base VS force/mc, it's a noticeably different shape.  highback too obviously.

the SL is a more similar binding.  basically the MC is a force SL with exotic materials, and the SL is a force that's cored heavily for weight reduction and carbon injected that makes it a tad stifer, and has some upgraded materials and highback.  the atlas is just a new binding.
ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 3:01pm
l'm sure this has been asked numerous times so l dont want to make a thread for it, but whats the main diff between:

union force vs boss 390 vs cartel?

will they all fit on the channel system with the plates included when you purchase the binding?
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by spenser

largely it's the materials which is really what sets the MC apart from every other union binding, but... different base, different straps, different highback.  mc is stage 2 base like the force but super cored AND carbon injected instead of fiberglass.  stiffer and lighter.  highback is carbon fiber and it's the asym SL shaped highback.  straps are different too in the past but i think now both those bindings have the newer wider shape.  hardware is CNC machined from solid aluminum.  strong and lighter than regular hardware.  heelcup is plastic but has a metafuse nanotech coating that makes it stronger than hardened steel and also lighter.  toe ramp is full carbon which is stiffer so you get 100% energy transfer like when your boot applies pressure for a toeside turn.

look at the atlas base VS force/mc, it's a noticeably different shape.  highback too obviously.

the SL is a more similar binding.  basically the MC is a force SL with exotic materials, and the SL is a force that's cored heavily for weight reduction and carbon injected that makes it a tad stifer, and has some upgraded materials and highback.  the atlas is just a new binding.

makes a lot of sense. and from this im assuming the contract pro is an upgraded contact.  i read somewhere that the eva padding on the base plate is a tad stiffer than the contact too.  are the high backs on the C. pro stiffer?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 4:04pm
contact pro has the same base as the contact besides the padding, it's got some higher density padding (stiffer) that makes the binding ride less loose.  upgraded straps too, and yes the highback is stiffer i think.

ktown, each binding has it's own differences but they ride fairly similar.

from my experience, let's start with bases.  all have pretty solid bases, none of them are "soft" or "loose" or anything.  good padding, good dampness, etc.  straps, all pretty good and padded and solid, preference is going to be the factor that makes you like one more than another.  highback wise cartels are the tallest but not by much.  forces are next.  those two are stiff straight back but they are more of a medium flex if you twist them.  the 390 back is the shortest and softest.  they have some give straight back and are also about the same as the other two torsionally.

it's hard to compare the real world differences.  the bindings themselves are all totally different in terms of parts and things, but that doesn't make them ride drastically different.  i think the cartel and force are most similar and the thing that makes the 390 the most different is the highback being a little softer straight back.  other than that, here's another way to put it.. i would ride all three of those for the same purpose, but the 390 is the first one i wouldn't ride based purely on response just because of the highback.  i like a highback that's stiff straight back and a little taller as well, but they are not so different that i would care much.
ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 4:41pm
^^thanks spenser. so forces vs cartel now. l have an orange board so l was thinking of getting the orange forces BUT l'm from canada and when l go to states to pick up my gear, l'm afaird if it isn't compatible due to the disk l'll be out a great day of boarding. 
ShredThePeak View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ShredThePeak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 4:45pm
Just got some Forces delivered 2 days ago...yet to try them out but I can actually tell that my board flexes better. Now I can do switch Tailblocks. I couldn't on my Customs. Maybe because of the no-dead-zone thing but I don't know for sure. Solid bindings though. I don't like the toe strap however, switching for some 3D Thingrips. Heard some good things about them.
idshredhead View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
what I do best

Quote idshredhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by ktown

l'm afaird if it isn't compatible due to the disk l'll be out a great day of boarding. 

you would need to get the ics disk for union. fits 2011+ burton boards
ShredThePeak View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ShredThePeak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 4:48pm

l'm afaird if it isn't compatible due to the disk l'll be out a great day of boarding.

I used the Burton M6 disc since i had them already. Just cut off part of the padding on the top of the disc and rip away the rest of it. No sense in waiting for a new disc or buying them if you already have them.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 5:00pm

^^thanks spenser. so forces vs cartel now. l have an orange board so l was thinking of getting the orange forces BUT l'm from canada and when l go to states to pick up my gear, l'm afaird if it isn't compatible due to the disk l'll be out a great day of boarding. 
sorry, forgot to answer that part of the question.  union has a disk now made for the channel, but it's ONLY for burton channel boards that are 2011 or newer, it does not work on 2010 or previous.  burton disks fit in union though, but if you have the newer board then you get the union-specific disk.

rome does not have a channel disk yet and burton disks don't fit well into their bases so that's a no-go
ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 5:10pm
so its something like these?

http://www.martiniskateandsnow.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=28&PID=7650

does it come free in each binding set or do you have to buy them seperately?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 5:13pm
that's them, yep.  they don't come with bindings, it's a separate thing you need to get.
ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 5:22pm
that union will provide for free if you call? or pay for sure?
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 5:26pm
^^can't you also get burton to send you their retro disk to you also? dunno if it would work though 
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 5:26pm
it depends.  they might, they might not.  it's meant to be an accessory you buy.  it costs them money to make so it's normal to charge, but at least it's not expensive.

for shops to get them, i think we get a set per every X amount of bindings we order, i forget what the number is, but if we want more after that we do have to pay a wholesale cost for them, so it's not like everywhere gets them for free and then sells them for pure profit.
ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 5:33pm
what about winn's suggestion?
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 6:42pm
Holy shit.  If you're gonna go through all of the trouble to ride a stupid ass Burton board with a not-compatible-with-anything-f**king-normal mounting system, then what's another $15-20 for the discs to mount your bindings on there?  You shouldn't be mad that every single other company that makes bindings designs their discs to fit on every single other company's snowboards. 

Burton FTW.
 Confused
ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 7:10pm
^
1-because l like the burton board, the one l bought specifically
2- l'm out of country so shipping to holding company= 10$ package + shipping from the seller
3-nobody is mad but you

STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2011 at 1:54am
Spenser:  Thanks for the info on the DLX.  It may be a very cheap alternative for my sons second board.  I have seen the flights and they look remarkably similar to my Sierra Contacts in color but I sure can see a difference in the straps.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2011 at 2:28am

^
2- l'm out of country so shipping to holding company= 10$ package + shipping from the seller
3-nobody is mad but you

Yeah, I get super pissed off because all of my bindings mount to my boards with no issues or adapter discs. Angry
ejaeyoon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ejaeyoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2011 at 5:51am
rode a vapor out in colorado this winter. rode with union force bindings. surprisingly a good combo. just the right amount of stiffness and response. not overwhelming though. however, cannot say the same for my driver x boots...
ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2011 at 6:23am
Originally posted by Krazylegz1485

^
3-nobody is mad but you

Yeah, I get super pissed off because all of my bindings mount to my boards with no issues or adapter discs. Angry

well your the one swearing so yeah, l would consider you being mad
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2011 at 1:21pm
Thanks spenser for sharing that info..."fuck Union" wow really? though their cus support was suppose to be good.
guess they stop giving a sh!t bout that and trying to concentrate on their hard goods

btw, the picture links died on the 1st post...
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2011 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by jhoang6

Thanks spenser for sharing that info..."fuck Union" wow really? though their cus support was suppose to be good.
guess they stop giving a sh!t bout that and trying to concentrate on their hard goods

ive never had any issues with customer support, in fact i think theyre pretty cool people.  being nice > being a dick (not calling you one or anything, just a general statement).
idshredhead View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
what I do best

Quote idshredhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2011 at 6:44am
Originally posted by jhoang6

do you always form your views of companies based on one experience from one person?
Flavboarder View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Capita indoor survival and LTD Union Force canada colors

Quote Flavboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2011 at 4:32pm
anybody have airblaster inverter parts?
WTB: Airblaster inverter parts
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2011 at 4:16am
Am really liking the look of the new Blk, Red and White Contact Pro.....
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2011 at 9:16pm
i want those green forces for my artifact rocker...
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2011 at 1:33am
Originally posted by 2zz

i want those green forces for my artifact rocker...
Not a bad combo if I do say so...however, I want the Blk, Red and White Pros to go on a 2011 Capita Mid=Life.........
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>