The Official Union Bindings Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 7891011>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Official Union Bindings Thread
    Posted: Apr/29/2012 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by luv2shred

I cant wait to get my union force sl purple rain bindings. They look so sexy.
Those are freaking sick, probably my favorite binding from them last year
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2012 at 7:05am

I found m/l team forces if anyone wants them. They are basically brand new. I wish they were l/xl! Cry
found? nice.
new? awesome! I'll pay for shipping if you just want to take them off your hands ( =
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
New 2012 setup for outerwear

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2012 at 11:10am
Originally posted by MrMeaty

I found m/l team forces if anyone wants them. They are basically brand new. I wish they were l/xl! Cry
Found?  Where and how much?

I found them on craigslist. Ill pull up the ad once i find it again.

Box stomper- Yeah i like the colorway too. I dont really dig the highbacks but oh well i guess. Ill prolly just trade them.

11 Dc lauri pro tone, 11 Rome s90 bindings

Check out www.wonsnow.com
chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2012 at 7:08am
Will be picking up some 13 Contact Pros this season!
~2011 CAPiTA Indoor Survival FK~2011 Union Cyan Forces~2012 Burton Rulers~
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2012 at 7:16am
I wonder what's up with Union's website.. they're still not showing the new years line-up I would think by now they would have it up.
its alrdy being sold online.

I'm liking the new colour ways of the Force line-up.. that blue would look pretty good on my 151 Sierra RC

and Im tempted to pick up the CMYK contacts it would work really well with my nitro t1 =p but its all about the monies!!
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2012 at 8:51am
Right I know. I wish they would put the new info up, but then again if you want the DL, just ask spenser.  He seem to know erryting about new gears.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 1:04am
i'm sure the site will be up some time this month.  if you have any specific questions on the new line i'd be happy to at least try to answer them for you

here's my latest favorite, flat-out-blacked.

sdip12 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Stash

Quote sdip12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 8:59am
Hey fellas, i have the union forces in lime green, the metal on mine has been chipping along with the paint do you know if there is any type of warranty that i could have them replace for a low price or something, i suppose its only cosmetic but it could become an issue in the long run. Anyone with some input please let me know.
MikeD13559 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Online Status: Online
  Quote MikeD13559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 9:35am
sdip.. no chance man... sorry.  That's def cosmetic wear.  U can always remove the part and paint it.  Could be pretty sweet!
I don't think I'm bad... I don't box, no karate... just here to make friends with everybody
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 12:08pm
paint chipping is never going to be any sort of issue, and i'm not sure what you mean by metal chipping.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 6:51pm
Take a picture and post if you can. metal chipping sounds serious, the paint... well sounds like your SOL, or paint it as miked suggested... what's that method called... where you energize the metal and spray a powder coat and it just clings like a magnet to it.

Nah i just wanted to see the new line colours and what they have to say about the new gear, the improvements and such.. just leisure reading
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 6:52pm
we got our union order today, and i'm also a snowboard nerd who is very familiar with union, if you have any questions.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 9:14am

New sites upSmile Now just waiting for Capita

Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MikeD13559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 11:29am
Spencer, how are the new contact pros?  I have some 2011 contacts on my fun.kink.  They are nice on that combo.  I'm looking for something a little stiffer/ more responsive for my next board (evil twin).  I have tried Forces, they are nice and I'm def thinking about getting them.  But, was wondering if the contact pros are somewhere between the contacts and the forces.. or if they are a dif beast all together?  What do you think?
I don't think I'm bad... I don't box, no karate... just here to make friends with everybody
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by MikeD13559

Spencer, how are the new contact pros?  I have some 2011 contacts on my fun.kink.  They are nice on that combo.  I'm looking for something a little stiffer/ more responsive for my next board (evil twin).  I have tried Forces, they are nice and I'm def thinking about getting them.  But, was wondering if the contact pros are somewhere between the contacts and the forces.. or if they are a dif beast all together?  What do you think?

IMO the forces are a bit more responsive than the contact pros.   I would place the pros between the contacts and the forces for sure.. more cushion in the base than the force as well.. higher tweakerbility for when you get nasty on those murdermittenmethods
MOAR powderz plz!
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MikeD13559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 12:45pm
Thanks for the input MT!  Gotta have that tweakerbility for the methods LOL Wink 
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 1:52pm
agreed, they're between the contact and force.  the main thing i notice with the pro is the base difference from the force.  i really like the stiff, solid, damp base of the force.  it leaves me feeling secure and grounded.  the contact pro base is the same design as the regular contact, but it's carbon injected so slightly stiffer and lighter, and the padding has multiple densities (some is a little stiffer) and leaves the base a little less "loose" overall.  that being said, i still noticed too much side to side flexibility with the pro and ultimately it's not the binding for me because of that, but that's just a preference thing.  for someone with contacts who is looking for something slightly more responsive, the pro is a good choice, as is the atlas.  if you liked the force, you could also go with those, or if you like them but want a little more padding and a little less weight, go atlas.
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MikeD13559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 2:11pm
Thanks for the info Spencer!  I appreciate it!
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2012 at 7:03am
atlas baseplate is a bit larger than the force surface area wise.. just a heads up... i got l/xl atlas last year to go on last years 159 BSOD and the bottoms of the basetrays overhang the sides of the board on toe and heel... where as l/xl forces fit fine.  My stance is set at 23.5-24 and 15/-15... needless to say i dont ride the atlas on the bsod.  work great on the 160 hovercraft tho
MOAR powderz plz!
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 7:42am
Originally posted by diviesti

New sites upSmile Now just waiting for Capita

Thanks! Its too bad I didn't see this earlier because they're having a binding giveaway contest

Contact base, Atlas Team high backs for their Union Canada II Binding
I would appreciate it if you entered through my link: http://woobox.com/64qrkq/1xnz6t
I get an entry and you get an entry. I believe its open to Canada but didn't see any rules!
They are giving one away every week of September, from SnowboardCanada.com

chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 4:02pm
Those are awesome. I would ride those if I was Canadian or had some Canadian related excuse to ride those.
~2011 CAPiTA Indoor Survival FK~2011 Union Cyan Forces~2012 Burton Rulers~
BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 4:40pm
psssh, this Merica, you dont need to be canadian to use their stuff. haha
thisisjoebro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 7:35pm
All my bindings so far have been Unions. Ive only have 2 pair of bindings ever but whatever. Ive have contacts and DLXs. Never had any major problems with them. I will probably always ride and recommend Unions
yuhui View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote yuhui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 7:55pm
the canada binding heelcups should say 'eh'
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 6:24am
Spam EH?
Guess the mods don't want the forum members to win gear!
buy it mutha f*kas

WHy'd I bother to post it?
forum leaves me speechless.

Chillman> u dun need to be canadian and if you really wanted an excuse, You WON em!
lol, Union Custom house.
richardvoyageur View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 9:02am
Guys, looking for help.  I'm going to be picking up some new bindings this year, with a focus on cruising and turn responsiveness.  What Union binding would be the best choice for that style of riding?
RideTimeless View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 10:06am
Originally posted by richardvoyageur

Guys, looking for help.  I'm going to be picking up some new bindings this year, with a focus on cruising and turn responsiveness.  What Union binding would be the best choice for that style of riding?

The whole line up will do that.  It's called forward lean.

There's nothing such as a best choice.  It's preference.  If money isn't an issue, the MC Metafuse.
If you're strapped for cash, DLX will do the trick.
Something in the middle = Atlas or Force
Did you google it?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 12:56pm
the most responsive binding in the line is probably the chargers, but i haven't ridden them yet.  other than that, it's gotta be the force, and maybe the MC since it also has the carbon injected atlas base like the charger, but the charger has a stiffer highback.

the best bang for your buck for a more responsive binding would be the force, and like he^ said, a little forward lean goes a long way.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2012 at 5:15pm
Are the 40 bucks extra from the contacts to the contact pros worth it?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2012 at 5:34pm
it's a different ride.  the pro base has some stiffer foam that keeps it from being quite as loose as the regular contact base, and it's also carbon injected so it's slightly lighter and slightly stiffer.  pro highback is stiffer too.  firm straight back for turning, medium torsional flex for support with tweakability.  regular contact highback is more forgiving.

overall, the pro is a more responsive binding for someone who still likes the slightly looser feel of the contact, but it's not as responsive as the force or atlas.  you get good turning response, but it's flexible side to side for getting your tweak on.  think of it as a more "all mountain" contact, not that there's actually such a thing as terrain-specific bindings.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2012 at 2:16am
Originally posted by spenser

it's a different ride.  the pro base has some stiffer foam that keeps it from being quite as loose as the regular contact base, and it's also carbon injected so it's slightly lighter and slightly stiffer.  pro highback is stiffer too.  firm straight back for turning, medium torsional flex for support with tweakability.  regular contact highback is more forgiving.

overall, the pro is a more responsive binding for someone who still likes the slightly looser feel of the contact, but it's not as responsive as the force or atlas.  you get good turning response, but it's flexible side to side for getting your tweak on.  think of it as a more "all mountain" contact, not that there's actually such a thing as terrain-specific bindings.

So the difference is all about response? Not really much superior tech?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2012 at 2:38am
yes.  they are both good bindings in terms of technology.  the contact pro's upgraded features are there to make a performance difference, not to be "superior."  think of it this way.. the pro is for someone who likes the feel of the contact base, but wants a little more "performance" out of it, most likely meaning a more responsive binding.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2012 at 3:42am
Alright thanks. One more question, I have some really old, full orange, contacts. I'm thinking they are the the 2009 model. Has it changed at all in terms of response?

I remember I really like them, but I would like something a bit more responsive. Thats why I'm thinking about the pros.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2012 at 10:40am
yep, those were 2009's.  i had some too.  they are more or less the same in terms of the ride.  i heard the new highback is a little softer, and the straps have been upgraded since then, but the gist of the binding is the same.

it sounds like you would be a contact pro fan
BunnySloper View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Love my new Bern helmet!

Quote BunnySloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 7:47pm

Jumping on the Union bandwagon!

Just ordered my first pair of Union bindings. I ordered the 2012/2013 Union Force to go with my Burton Hero. Pretty stoked for the 2012/2013 season!

In Pacific NW for part of the 2012/2013 Season.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 7:59pm
Nice. I've been looking at Unions myself. Im also probably going to go with the Force. All I've ever heard about Unions is how reliable and well made they are. And are a solid performer.

I was also looking at Burtons, but it seems like there is so many models to chooses from.

I'll probably spend a little time and read through this thread.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 8:46pm
I'm super excited about my next bindings purchase! I am definitely going the Union route, particularly the Force. I've just heard so many good things about them. I'm hoping they come out with Yellow ones or mixed colourways for next year. They will replace my Ride Betas on my Sierra Stunt.
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 12:45pm
Need some advice on what to get.

I originally was going to try and wait to find some used Forces for sale. But after finding a good deal for some new (2011/2012) Flites, I kind of want to go with the Flites.

I would rather have the Force, but I think the Flites would be great.

I haven't been boarding in a few years so its not like Im going to be able to get right back into it right away.  And also I won't be doing a lot of riding this season, maybe 5 or 6 trips if I'm lucky.

I would feel better buying new from a store so if I have any problems I can return them. Or if I have any issues covered under warranty I would be covered.

So, would I be cool with the Flites in my situation?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 12:49pm
it's a more basic, lighter, and slightly less responsive binding than the force.  personally i would stick with the force, but given your riding situation, they should be fine.  as long as you get the relative response you prefer, most bindings are going to "perform" well enough for you.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 12:56pm
Ok, Thanks. I guess Ive just heard so many good things about the Force, I want them more than I actually "need" them.  Flites it is.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by chillwill

Ok, Thanks. I guess Ive just heard so many good things about the Force, I want them more than I actually "need" them.  Flites it is.
I feel to same way, just waiting on a good deal to jump on now. Prettty much good on any union binder

Agreed on the burton line.. way too much to choose from makes it harder to decide.. too much to intake.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by jhoang6

Originally posted by chillwill

I feel to same way, just waiting on a good deal to jump on now. Prettty much good on any union binder

Agreed on the burton line.. way too much to choose from makes it harder to decide.. too much to intake.

Well, as a follow up, I pulled the trigger on the Flites. I found a great deal, so I am confident they will meet my needs.

I grabbed a pair of 2011/2012 Flights- Black from REI.com for $104 shipped. Size L/XL.
From what I could tell, the only difference between the 2012s and the 2013s is Union beefed up the ankle strap a bit. http://www.rei.com/product/822639/union-flite-snowboard-bindings-20112012

The next cheepest price was $111.00....  forget from where. And If you need M/L I have no clue.

And ironically, the cheapest Forces (2012s) I found here on TruSnow The Force SLs, colorscheme purple and orange.  $159.00 with my 15% discount. http://www.trusnow.com/snowboarding/brand_Union/snowboard-bindings_0.asp

Other than that, good luck finding new Forces for less than $199.99.....

2011/2012 Flites

fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 12:27am
I'm looking to replace my Ride Beta on my Sierra Stunt... would you go for 2013 Union Force at reg price $199 or 2012 Union Force SL on sale for $159?

One year difference but according to my research, the SL packs in more value with the lighter and stiff tech.  I'm generally a sucker for price point so doesn't the MSRP of $259 for the SL mean it's "better"?

I already have a Burton Vapor with C60 for my lightweight pow and pipe setup.  I'm looking for something to pair well with my Sierra Stunt for buttering and ground tricks and perhaps some boxes in the park.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 6:24am
From what I hear the Forces will do all that to everything.  Can't really go wrong with them but as always there are always people having trouble with the straps. dunno about the new 2013 yet

I would suggest u go with the SL at that price? thats pretty good more tech for less.  I'm sure spenser would agree on that
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 10:11am

From what I hear the Forces will do all that to everything.  Can't really go wrong with them but as always there are always people having trouble with the straps. dunno about the new 2013 yet

I would suggest u go with the SL at that price? thats pretty good more tech for less.  I'm sure spenser would agree on that

Now what would you do if you could get either of them as your "Free Bindings" for reaching 3000 points? Embarrassed
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 10:56am
Originally posted by fj5

Now what would you do if you could get either of them as your "Free Bindings" for reaching 3000 points? Embarrassed

duh.  get the Force SL's and quit asking so many questions.  you can't get current year stuff with the coopen.
MOAR powderz plz!
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by MTpow

Originally posted by fj5

duh.  get the Force SL's and quit asking so many questions.  you can't get current year stuff with the coopen.

Whoa, sorry, I had no idea that was the rule!  I thought the shirt and goggles I got in the past were current year.  Again, sorry, thanks for the advice! SL it shall be!

EDIT: Awwww damn it!  Neither can be shipped to Canada!!!
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 3:07pm
fj5: if the coupons could get both the current forces and the last years SLs 
I would probably still the get SLs! They are the higher end of the Forces, super light!

And ship the binders to CBIUSA and pick it up over the border, cost like like $5-6 to pick up the package from them.
there are forwarding companies out there but that'll cost u ... $30 extra? maybe more?
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2012 at 11:37pm

fj5: if the coupons could get both the current forces and the last years SLs 
I would probably still the get SLs! They are the higher end of the Forces, super light!

And ship the binders to CBIUSA and pick it up over the border, cost like like $5-6 to pick up the package from them.
there are forwarding companies out there but that'll cost u ... $30 extra? maybe more?

Thanks for the info man!  I'll definitely look into it.  I might be able to ship to my gf's brother in the US and he can bring them over for me. :)  I'm still leaning toward the SLs.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2012 at 8:04am
yeah definitely, I found out about CBI a few times while browsing the internet and from a couple of members here on TS, kept forgetting about where you could ship to and pick up.  Its a great option if you can't get items to ship over but downside is the possible hassle with boarder police and the drive down through Niagara.  I usually just make a trip of it though.

Go for the SLs! or another pair, maybe from Burton.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>