The Official Union Bindings Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 11>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Official Union Bindings Thread
    Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by chillman

This is the official union bindings thread, not the franken thread that can be found here -->http://www.trusnow.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=38972&PID=827007
This is where you can discuss different binders, problems without having to start 80 billion new threads. Right now im rocking some 2011 blue forces and can say they are amazing...

Heres some pics of whats too come in 2012
Forces

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybae some more coming soon

IS this actually what the forces look like, or is this picture taken under some sort of blacklight?
chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Dsturs

I love the look of the atlas. next season it will be either rome's, contact pro's, or atlas'. Im hearing rumors of a canted footbed for union bindings, so that would sway me away from the rome binders.
I think the contact pro has autocant...stiffer foam on the outside , softer on the inside to give it a natural cant
chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by luv2shred

should i switch from cartel est to unions. if so which ones. i only ride park
I would say contact pros...light, good for park...still have almost as much response as cartels...forces are a bit heavier and less padded
chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

This is the official union bindings thread, not the franken thread that can be found here -->http://www.trusnow.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=38972&PID=827007
This is where you can discuss different binders, problems without having to start 80 billion new threads. Right now im rocking some 2011 blue forces and can say they are amazing...

Forces

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IS this actually what the forces look like, or is this picture taken under some sort of blacklight?
They are quite floro...that pick looks at tad edited or something heres another pic
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by yuhui

with new forces
Dsturs View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Dsturs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 4:34pm

I love the look of the atlas. next season it will be either rome's, contact pro's, or atlas'. Im hearing rumors of a canted footbed for union bindings, so that would sway me away from the rome binders.
I think the contact pro has autocant...stiffer foam on the outside , softer on the inside to give it a natural cant

not true. because the baseplate is still flat, along with the circle that the mounting disk sits in. all the different density foam does is create a different flex pattern on the inside of the binding compared to the outside.

autocant, as found on some burton bindings, is the actual footbed itself that sits on top of the baseplate.
bigbouldersucks
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 4:37pm
the rumor was that george is working on a cantbed accessory.  im assuming its a canted accelerator with canted heel padding that you swap out.  it would be sooo easy to do.
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 4:40pm
went cantbed seems to be very popular now with the higher end model, l wouldn't be suprised if they jumped on the boat also
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Sintexo

with new forces

those are both soo sick, love how they matched them perfectly with the board
djinhwan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote djinhwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 7:54pm
damn thsoe forces are  hot
my mom says im hardcore
phaley View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote phaley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 2:38pm
Damn those look sick. For my first pair of bindings i got unions the DLXs cause i was trying to save some money and they decent imo. I heard wonderful things about the brand which is why i chose them. Ill be exclusively union if they keep coming out with this stuff.   
Aos View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Aos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2011 at 6:47am
I'm happy with my Union Forces 2011, they are black and look sweet on the 2010 Flow WX snowboard which is also mostly black.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2011 at 6:55am
Originally posted by GUTH

Originally posted by DicksmashMcIroncock

Have they improved the toe strap yet? Have they started sending screws that are actually long enough and don't have to be tightened after every couple runs?

All Unions have a brand new toe strap, even thought, most people who couldn't get them to work right, just didn't put them on correctly.

In any case, they are new and have less fitting issues.   

As for screw,   I worked the Capita/Union demo yesterday and didn't have a single stap getting lose issue. 

As Spencer Said, the Atlas its replacing the Data and is basically a lighter version of the force with their Stage 3 base. 

Where was the Capita/Union demo?  I spoke to Blue before the season started and he said they did not have any demo days scheduled for the season.  I would love to jump on that next year.  Good to know that it happened...I will have to be more diligent next year in looking out for one.
chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2011 at 2:52pm
Dude the contact pros do have an autocant system its just different than burtons...and sorry bought the broken pics im too lasy to fix them
yechiboarder770 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Yeah for it!

Quote yechiboarder770 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2011 at 3:05pm
Is it just me or does it seem like alot of union bindings are popping up for sale on the forum recently. What's up with that?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2011 at 5:15pm

Dude the contact pros do have an autocant system its just different than burtons...and sorry bought the broken pics im too lasy to fix them
its not canting, its padding.  there is nothing canted about contact pros.  there just isnt.  i get the autocant system VS "normal" cants, but this just is not the same.  the bindings are flat.
Ginger View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2011 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by yechiboarder770

Is it just me or does it seem like alot of union bindings are popping up for sale on the forum recently. What's up with that?
probably want money for the 2012 ones :)
chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2011 at 5:55pm
Sorry for the broken pics...maybe ill fix em sometime but i feel to lazy now... anybody have problems with the leather on the straps wearing out to white... mine are and they dont have very many days on them at all
Lilclemo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Lilclemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2011 at 5:58pm
might go get me some contacts :)
geebet View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote geebet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2011 at 7:33pm
Love my rome's but the colourways are awesome on the forces. How do the bindings compare in stiffness and comfort?
ghostsnstuff View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ghostsnstuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2011 at 8:35am
sweating my new forces

came from 390's
chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 11:15am
So anybody getting some new unions this season? There poppin up in local shops!
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 11:31am

l'm really confused which l want. really between union. boss or teh cartels

SnapShot View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote SnapShot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 12:05pm

So anybody getting some new unions this season? There poppin up in local shops!

Naw, my contacts are still in prime condition.  I wasnt planning on getting new bindings for a couple more years.  I am getting a new board though.  Waiting till I get to 1500 points and get that extra 5% discount.  LOL
tomek77pl View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote tomek77pl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 12:15pm
Do you guys know when the 2012 forces will be available on TruSnow the green ones look so sexy! and do you guys know what colors will be available?  
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 12:40pm
it all comes out/shows up between september and october usually, like everything else.  depends on each shop's specific ship date and sometimes things get delayed, or they happen quicker, you never know.

2012 forces come in black, white, hot green, and hot orange.
woohoo123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woohoo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 12:54pm
really feeling that neon green and orange pieces, i got the blues and now they just look boring
WOOHOO
KellyBoy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote KellyBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 12:56pm
The colorways for the 2012 look way better. I am diggin the green and orange.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by spenser

it all comes out/shows up between september and october usually, like everything else.  depends on each shop's specific ship date and sometimes things get delayed, or they happen quicker, you never know.

2012 forces come in black, white, hot green, and hot orange.

does it even take that long. l saw some burton boards on sale already? l
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 2:00pm
it depends on the brand and shop.  i could get a mervin ship date scheduled for july 1st, or i could get it for october 1st.  not all stores or companies are the same.

a lot of the stuff for sale now is either sample or used 2012 demo stuff.  there are some exceptions, like mervin (lib tech/gnu) starts shipping in july, and ride/k2 are already out.  a brand like capita/union usually starts up with the rest around september.  most of our ship dates are september 1.

to know for certain, you would have to know the specific shop's ship date as well as the status.. like i said, sometimes things are delayed.
tomek77pl View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote tomek77pl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

[QUOTE=chillman]This is the official union bindings thread, not the franken thread that can be found here -->http://www.trusnow.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=38972&PID=827007

Forces

Do they come in red? or is this photo photoshoped or under blacklight cuz that doesnt look like neon orange 
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 2:20pm
it's a hot/fluorescent orange color.  it's not like the color of the fruit and it's not red either.

pictures are never the best representation but you get an idea..
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by tomek77pl

Do they come in red? or is this photo photoshoped or under blacklight cuz that doesnt look like neon orange 

See the picture higher up in the thread?  Gives you a better sense of their "orangeness."

Originally posted by Sintexo

with new forces
youngun92 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote youngun92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 2:53pm
that orange is so sick
tomek77pl View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote tomek77pl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 7:34pm
This is making me want to get both colors and have one green and one orange! cuz the 2011 colors werent that cool, and i have the blue ones

seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 10:05pm
these colors are QUITE vibrant...

otherwise, they look sexy as always! can';t wait to demo them! :D
yuhui View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote yuhui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 1:14am
im getting the green one.
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 2:15am
the new Unions are already up on the House and have a Sept delivery date.  Forces at 198
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 3:19am
What are the difference bewteen the 2011 and 2012 forces?
I see 2011 for about $140 and 2012 are $200
Is it worth the $60 extra?
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
Dsturs View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Dsturs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 5:43am
The toe strap is changed. colors are cooler. Anything newer probably has improved construction or something smaller that is not mentioned. I would throw up 60 more for the new colorways alone.
bigbouldersucks
watching-sunset View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote watching-sunset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 5:44am
oh... those green.. they would fit so good my new board and pants))) ahaha))
Push hard and you'll reach the top
cucubing View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
ROME AGENT

Quote cucubing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 6:07am
The color matching is very very sick.
What an attention hwore.....and I do like them a lot!
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 6:23am

The toe strap is changed. colors are cooler. Anything newer probably has improved construction or something smaller that is not mentioned. I would throw up 60 more for the new colorways alone.
Color doesnt really matter much to me cause I was planning on getting White.
Hmmm.....If I can get 2011 for like $100, I would just buy last years....
but $60 isnt much of a diff for me to cheap out and get last years...
Well, I still got couple of months to think about it so guess ill juss wait and see
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 8:03am
^^its only the color and if its only the toe strap and if it doesn't make that much of a difference, then l would just save the 60$
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 8:12am
those lime green ones look a little dull from the picture.  thought it be brighter, more neon looking.  guess i'll have to see them in person.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 9:16am
l dont think its becuse the color is dull, l think its because the board is also just as bright of a color so it just blended in
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
New 2012 setup for outerwear

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 9:34am
Originally posted by spenser

do you like your cartels?  get forces.
yeah i do some what. i mean ive never really tried anything else besides burton cartels and flow m5. So i mean yes and no. I was thinking about jumping on some union contact pros. Whats the difference this year between the contact and the contact pro?
11 Dc lauri pro tone, 11 Rome s90 bindings

Check out www.wonsnow.com
idshredhead View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
what I do best

Quote idshredhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 9:56am
Originally posted by luv2shred

difference this year between the contact and the contact pro?

lots of subtle differences that add up to make them ride quite a bit different. c pro has carbon injected baseplates, different(stiffer) durometer eva dampening, ankle straps, wider, flater highback......................
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 1:02pm

I'm hoping c3-shop carries the Atlas Team. Might be the only hardgood I'm looking at purchasing this year as of now.

Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 1:07pm
Atlas' Team is only going to be for team riders and friends, it's basically the new Force Team. I'm assuming they'll throw some up on c3-shop towards the end of the season though, considering that's been their MO in the past.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>