Japan, USA or Canada

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Japan, USA or Canada
    Posted: Aug/10/2011 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by hana24

You should really find a better media outlet...
I only go by whatever I read in online forums...
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2011 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by MrMeaty

Originally posted by hana24

You should really find a better media outlet...
I only go by whatever I read in online forums...

eh...better than some of the stuff out there Tongue
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
humdingaling View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2011 at 5:36pm
if your concerned about fish eat horse sashimi Wink

**not my pic
but i went to RIN in Niseko
its pretty good eating
not on the cheap side but

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side..
Wilz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Wilz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2011 at 2:49pm
mmm... no thanks.. haha doesn't sound appealing.. then again i've eaten tataki (raw beef). not sure what the difference is in taste?

what do you have it with? and you don't get sick?

well smart traveller is my guide to places to travel, which is pretty much controled by australian government/media.. so far status:
Japan overall: be alert to own security
Coastal areas of northern Honshu affected by the earthquake and tsunami: Reconsider your need to travel
80 kilometre precautionary zone around the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant: Do not travel

then again it also says South korea overall: be alert to own security (in case north korea decides to attack)

humdingaling View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2011 at 6:49pm
beef tataki is lightly seared beef..so not quite raw
steak tartare is much more uncooked LOL

plenty of people have eaten horse sashimi
so its not ground breaking
its breed and slaughtered just like cows are
in fact they probably lead a better life than that cow you just chowed down on from your last burger. (ala mass produced caged cattle farming)

there is just a stigma around eating something that could been someone's pet

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side..
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2011 at 7:01pm
^^beef sashimi is really good. highly recommended, but this is given they know how to cook it properly 
Lachsta View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Lachsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2011 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by winn

^^beef sashimi is really good. highly recommended, but this is given they know how to cook it properly 

That is also given it isn't glowing with all the nuclear radiation that's in all their food right now.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2011 at 8:19pm
beef sashimi is just normal beef for north america dude. its the way they serve and marinate it 
Lachsta View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Lachsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2011 at 8:30pm
woops. i thought he was talking about a japanese dish.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2011 at 8:34pm
it is a japanese dish, but they dont actually import their beef because, beef is beef. but yeah like l said, its the way they marinate and serve it that makes it different from raw beef 
watching-sunset View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote watching-sunset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2011 at 9:44pm
I would choose Alaska or Japan)
Haven't been to any of these, but according to my knowledge and vids I've seen - I would choose one of these options)
Push hard and you'll reach the top
matic View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2011 at 10:48am
japan, easy. Dead
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2011 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by winn

There's no cooking involved in Sashimi. Last I remember is thinly sliced beef in a citrus marinade.
there's the possibility of of have a fast sear on all sides but then you'd just called that blue steak
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2011 at 6:07pm
the ones l had actually has cooked meat on top and marinate it+ salt and pepper it. really good 
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2011 at 6:15pm
my votes is for japan. great culture and endless powder stashes.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2011 at 6:57pm
Yea japan sounds like the best destination for riding and food. I hope that it wouldn't be crowded since its an island.
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Quote AyChan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2011 at 9:51pm
if money were no object japan hands down, would love to see their culture and taste their delicious fish!
lachlan123 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote lachlan123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 3:05am
my friend has been to both canada(whistler/silverstar) and japan (niseko)... he says that japan had a lot more snow (and does by average) but canada is a better place to be, and that in canada he had to get on trains full of people in ski gear to get to the mountain(not sure the details why).. where as in canada you're situated on it

as for the USA im not sure though sorry

just remember wherever you go you're bound to have a good time!
matic View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 4:19am
Originally posted by lachlan123

my friend has been to both canada(whistler/silverstar) and japan (niseko)... he says that japan had a lot more snow (and does by average) but canada is a better place to be, and that in canada he had to get on trains full of people in ski gear to get to the mountain(not sure the details why).. where as in canada you're situated on it

can't really compare the 2, they're just so different. but as far as the full experience from a trip, japan takes it for sure. but that's just me..
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 4:44am
Originally posted by lachlan123

o'rly?
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
richardvoyageur View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2012 at 6:25am
Originally posted by getupk3v

Originally posted by Aus_Boarder

Revelstoke, Big White, Lake Louise, Fernie, Red Mountain, Kicking Horse.  They are all awesome mostly with better snow quality than Whistler.  What type of riding do you want to do?  It doesn't really matter which resort you go to, they will all smoke anything in Australia or N.Z.

I have some pics from my trip to Revelstoke. All the mountains Aus_Boarder mentions has pretty awesome terrain, esp revelstoke, big white, and kicking horse will have tons of different terrain. all except for lake louise have minimal crowds, at revelstoke and kicking horse its rare to see a queue at all. have you looked into banff? in the winter, it's actually a australian colony. cheaper than whistler and there are tons of places to go around there that are great like lake louise, sunshine, and kicking horse.if you have the time you can get a unlimited greyhound bus card and go from whistler to banff and hit up a ton of mountains. also, there are lots of hostels everywhere. i've stayed at a bunch of samesun hostels and they're super fun places. also whistler has a new hostel which is really well done. btw revelstoke averages around 1.5x more snow than whistler and it's the finest champagne pow and has the most vert in north america.

@aus_boarder lots of the club fields in NZ def stack up in terms of awesome factor esp craigieburn!

I'd be curious to see what you thought of Sun Peaks, if you went.  We really loved it last year when we went, and like you said about the resorts you mentioned above, the crowds were non-existent.  122 runs, super cheap accommodations (all ski in/out) and 45 minutes from the airport.  We chose Sun Peaks over Big White simply because we didn't want to get the Big Whiteout conditions, but I like the look of that resort as well.
Guests View Drop Down
Burton Stash - Remarkables, New Zealand
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 10:26pm
you can come to Vietnam, which is my hometown, where people are friendly and enthusiastic. costs, I think it will turn a lot. Welcome to Vietnam
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 10:26pm
you can come to Vietnam, which is my hometown, where people are friendly and enthusiastic. costs, I think it will turn a lot. Welcome to Vietnam
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
Guests View Drop Down
    máy tính xách tay acer
    laptop giá rẻ
    laptop giá tốt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12