Verizon: iPhone 4

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AppMtns04 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote AppMtns04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Verizon: iPhone 4
    Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:13am
Verizon is now carrying the iPhone 4! Finally all of us on Verizon can get this sweet phone. Sorry AT&T. Are you going to get it? Do you like this phone? Do you like Verizon? How does this compare to the Droid series?
Do Work-Play later
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:16am
ive heard a lot of talk about the iphone 5 coming out this summer. either way, i would get a droid, i like the OS better, but if you considering getting an iphone 4, think about waiting until summer for the 5.
VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:18am
I just got my wife a Droid 2 Global. It is a pretty sweet phone. I just have a regular phone that makes calls and texts. I have no desire to get a smart phone. So, no, I'm not getting one.
ma3lstrom13 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ma3lstrom13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:27am
How is the coverage for verizon? anyone have complaints? know how extensive their 3g coverage is? I've been looing at the HTC Thunderbolt. 0.0 anyone interested in that?
ThatNotWhatUrMomSaid View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ThatNotWhatUrMomSaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:30am
IPhone are great! This is a wonderful opportunity for all the verizon customers finally get access to this great phone. On the other hand, the android OS is a wonderful alternative! So either way everybody has the option to get a great phone now!
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:32am

There's rumors that IPHONE5 is coming out in June/July.

But there are also rumors that it willbe available for ATT only and Verizon will have to wait till February 2012 for the iphone5.
Verizon is getting a 4G LTE service in couple of months so it might be better to hold off until the 4G comes out for Verizon.
I'm currently with tmobile but will switch to Verizon soon because they are going to get rid of the unlimited data plan juss like ATT, so i need to hop on it before they get rid of it.
alphaod View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote alphaod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:36am
You surely mean sorry Verizon?

I've had this phone for 8 months now and Verizon is just getting it.

Plus I can switch carriers in other countries with my device simply by inserting their respective SIM cards, so I don't have to pay extravagant roam fees.

And I've never had problems with AT&T… if anything I get no reception when it comes with Verizon.
-= alphaod =-
Current setups~
US: 12 Burton Vapor 159, 12 Burton Fishcuit 150, 12 Burton Diode EST
China: 13 Burton Custom X 158, 14 Cloudsplitter 158.3, 14 Burton Genesis EST
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:37am
From what I understand you still can't talk and surf the web simultaneously on the Verizon iPhone, only on the AT&T one.
Aric889 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
camelback

Quote Aric889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:37am
Haha at&t gets owned can't wait to own the new verizon iphone
JOINT-OPS-420 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Hangin at the MT HIGH

Quote JOINT-OPS-420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:38am
i like the Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S. its like an iphone but with android OS, and bigger screen. Takes full HD video as well!
andydeckerrr View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote andydeckerrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:40am
ive had the iPhone 4 for ATT for a while. When my contract is up i may switch to Verizon depending on how its holding up at the time. I drop way too many calls for the price i pay per month.
MtMansfield View Drop Down
Local
Local
up at holiday valley

Quote MtMansfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:46am
I plan to just wait till the iPhone 5 comes out in june or july, and getting that instead... this way I know how the iPhone 4 works on verizons network
krisshono View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote krisshono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:47am
I have the iphone 4 for atandt and i love it, ive never dropped a call
ColaLover View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ColaLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:51am
Just got a new phone Droid!
JOINT-OPS-420 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Hangin at the MT HIGH

Quote JOINT-OPS-420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:53am
Attn: any T Mobile users! There is a sale this weekend on smartphones for free! because verizon is unveiling the iphone this weekend, if u have an upgrade, u can get any smartphone for free with a mail in rebate! My buddy works for T mobile and let me know a couple days ago! Just thought I would pass that along to all the TruSnow peeps!
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:56am
Living in Montana, we only get Verizon.  My wife has the Samsung Galaxy(android) and loves it. I think I'm going to get the Droid X as I am on the road a lot.  I drive 2-3,000 miles every month all over the state.  I need a workhorse phone.
RideTimeless View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 9:03am
As far as the iPhone goes for Verizon, here's what's in store for those consumers who want to talk and have data access at the same time:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/verizon-wireless-announces-worlds-first-successful-voice-over-lte-call-on-a-commercial-lte-network-115674539.html

Coverage for customers is all based on location.  People in San Francisco and San Diego and other urban cities (so I've heard) don't like AT&T coverage and get dropped calls, poor service, etc.  While Verizon coverage is great in those areas...maybe some black holes, but over all better.

There's only so much the iPhone can do until it can't improve on it's design.  If anybody has rumors in iPhone5 and it's capabilities, I'd like to hear them. iPhone4 is already amazing.
Did you google it?
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 9:15am
i was driving to work this morning.. my path takes me by the verizon store.. about 45 minutes after they opened there was no line and i'm pretty sure VZ employees outnumbered customers about 25-2... i picked up the iphone now because of a few reasons...
1.  If a new verizon iphone does come out in june/july i'm guessing that the only benefit will be LTE... which won't have coverage in Montana until 2013 (2 years from now when my contract will be up)  maybe you will be able to facetime over the cell network too..big whoop.
2.  LTE data packages will be more expensive and also not unlimited... why would i want to pay more for something that i can't even benefit from being in montana?
3.  Who really needs voice and data simultaneously?  i've heard rumors of cdma being able to do this by this summer anyway so whatever.... i've survived this long without being able to surf the web and make a call at the same time.. i'm pretty sure i'll be ok

i'll report back as time goes on because i'm also getting a sprint evo 4g through work... comparison should be fun!

MOAR powderz plz!
bmorse View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bmorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 9:33am
I'm an AT&T customer but im glad Verizon is getting the iPhone. It's going to hold AT&T accountable and they will have to make their prices competitive with Verizon. I think it's a good thing.
DicksmashMcIroncock View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote DicksmashMcIroncock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 10:25am
bmorse you realize Verizon has like the most expensive plans out of all the service providers. I don't see how that will make AT&T have better prices. The only way I see that happening is if AT&T drops their prices because they finally admit their network is garbage.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 10:26am
Originally posted by bmorse

I'm an AT&T customer but im glad Verizon is getting the iPhone. It's going to hold AT&T accountable and they will have to make their prices competitive with Verizon. I think it's a good thing.

the only reason Verizon has the iPhone is because their exclusivity contract with AT&T expired.

Competitive pricing has to do with unlimited vs limited data as well as voice and data plans they (Verizon/AT&T) can entice customers with.

Originally posted by DicksmashMcIroncock

bmorse you realize Verizon has like the most expensive plans out of all the service providers. I don't see how that will make AT&T have better prices. The only way I see that happening is if AT&T drops their prices because they finally admit their network is garbage.

EXACTLY!

Did you google it?
TheLuckster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote TheLuckster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 10:29am
Droid all the way. But the iphone will be pretty good.
wpiass View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote wpiass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 10:31am
just remember that picking up the latest apple HW the day it comes out is a terrible plan since they are notoriously buggy...always buy after at least the first round of HW release.
be talkin to ya
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 10:36am
Just to be clear...even though it is the Iphone5, is it still on a 4G network, right?
bhswrestler150 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 10:38am
quick google search will tell you to stear clear of this phone. Actually come to think about it there was an article on yahoos homepage today saying the same thing
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 10:57am
Originally posted by carebear

Just to be clear...even though it is the Iphone5, is it still on a 4G network, right?

huh?  clarify please.
Did you google it?
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 11:01am
There are many more choices now that Android has arrived and 4G is looming. I would wait and look around some more before hopping on the Verizon IPhone.
hawkeyepnx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote hawkeyepnx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 11:01am
Droid...Droid...Droid...Droid...ummm, Droid. It is hands down a better phone, less silly hype and easy to customize. I went from Blackberry to Droid, my gf went from Blackberry to the iphone; dont tell her this, but i won! hahaha
skyfooze View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote skyfooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 11:03am
If the Iphone 5 does come out I am definitely going to get it. A few people I know have the Iphone 4 and they all love it. I think it is great that they have it for verizon now. I have the ipod touch and love it. most people tell me that the iphone is just like it but 10 times better cuz you can have internet anywhere and you can make calls and phone calls
jerry000 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jerry000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 11:07am
i have the iphone now, had verizon before, and to be honest, in my area att works just as good as verizon..i really dont see the big deal between the two networks..it doesnt really matter to me, the service i get is just fine
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 11:34am
Rumors about the iphone 5 say they might expand to T-Mobile and Sprint, and logic could suggest that they will then proceed to kill the Droid (thought I hear the droid is pretty much ahead of the game right now).

As far as the networks go, I also don't see too much different between Verizon and AT&T.  I am wondering how the networks will change after Verizon gets a big bump in users now that people are going to be using iPhone 4.
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 11:49am
I hope that alot of ATT users change their Iphones over to Verizon so that the system might be a bit faster
Marumm View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
caw

Quote Marumm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 11:57am
Originally posted by bhswrestler150

quick google search will tell you to stear clear of this phone. Actually come to think about it there was an article on yahoos homepage today saying the same thing

what

I avoid Apple products like the plague due to the closed ecosystem, but it's been given top marks by nearly every legitimate review resource.

The fact that you can't use data and voice simultaneously on a CDMA network is such a minor nitpick, that I find it comical that it even gets brought up.  With their crappy network, AT&T can't even do voice by itself most of the time, much less voice and data.
bhswrestler150 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 12:02pm
biggest reason legit tech reviews are saying wait is because you are already buying outdated technology that has yet to be fixed.

More than likely the iphone 4GS (not 5) will come out in June or July after the big apple press release or whatever and thats only 4 months away, Verizon locks you into a 2 year contract so you are stuck with an outdated phone from the get go

btw there are still antennae issues and dropped call issues. check out engadget, gizmodo, or howardforums for reviews
Boogeyman24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Boogeyman24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

As far as the networks go, I also don't see too much different between Verizon and AT&T.  I am wondering how the networks will change after Verizon gets a big bump in users now that people are going to be using iPhone 4.

I'm wondering the same thing, will all of the people switching over to verizon is it going to screw with the rest of the people already on verizon?
Say Shhhhhh...
DavidMauch View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote DavidMauch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 12:13pm
Only problem with it on verizon, You cant talk and be on the net or have any web based apps running... FAIL
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Boogeyman24

Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

I'm wondering the same thing, will all of the people switching over to verizon is it going to screw with the rest of the people already on verizon?

Nope, this shouldn't be an issue.  Basically, the AT&T network was gangbanged by iPhone users and the network was fed up with the abuse and gave users the middle finger and crashed.  Verizon's network has already been used by android users.  Verizon already has android users, which would simulate what iPhone users would do.

So, I wouldn't worry about Verizon's network going south.  But, I would agree if AT&T iPhone users head to Verizon, that would alleviate some of the gangbanging on AT&T and maybe her network will treat users better.
Did you google it?
pyrotechnics View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote pyrotechnics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 12:29pm
personally i would go w/the droid.

in the major city areas...Verizon is full of win. As for the iphone...still not being able to talk and surf bites.
pgunnz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote pgunnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 12:31pm
would rather have the htc evo and not that piece of crap apple product and pay out the ass for it
DavidYU View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote DavidYU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 12:38pm
i wanna get it, but like few others have said and what i've read...apple should be coming out with the iphone5 this upcoming summer. downside on the iphone4 for verizon is that its running on their 3G network and the next model should be running on the 4G. I use to have AT&T but had bad reception service (AZ) but i switched providers to Verizon and Verizon's coverage is awesome! however, Droid phones have been the top seller in phone OS in the recent months
David
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 12:38pm
I got an iPhone because I've had an ipod touch for a couple of years now and didn't want to pay to get apps again.

MTPow has the best approach I have seen in a long time. Apple keeps selling us the same bells and whistles that other companies have been selling for years. They just make them sleeker. 

What can the iphone 5 offer us in 6 months? Unless it has a teleportation app on it, I'll stick with my current iphone.
Bring it hard or don't bring it at all.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by MTpow

i'll report back as time goes on because i'm also getting a sprint evo 4g through work... comparison should be fun!

Your reasons for the iPhone 4(or any 3G phone for that matter) were spot on mine.  I'm still not 100% sold on the iPhone itself though Pow.  Let me know how it works.

But what I want to know is, how are you going to use a Sprint Evo here? Do you go to Spokane a lot or something??
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
determined View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote determined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 1:02pm
Are a lot of people getting the iphone for verizon? Watching some news about it the apple stores looks deserted. People must be waiting for the next version of the iphone until they switch over to verizon.
beunknown View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote beunknown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 1:33pm
I was going to switch to AT&T once my plan expired, but I am going to stick with Verizon cause of the Iphone. I will be getting one in August when I will get a discount. Also, hopefully they will have the 4G Iphone by them. 
SnapShot View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote SnapShot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 1:48pm
I like my android.
jenni View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 2:07pm
android is a nono, and l heard the phone still has the death grip issue
Evilives View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Nuclear

Quote Evilives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 2:37pm
Android > iOS in my opinion. I will never buy anything besides an iPod from apple, I just don't like the overpriced products with so little customization or product life, oh and Steve Jobs can go die in a fire.
"Don't think, just do."
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by jenni

android is a nono, and l heard the phone still has the death grip issue

so what are you left with?  Blackberry?
Did you google it?
jenni View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 2:53pm
its true that ios is very much overpriced but product life for cellphoen was always relaitively shortlived anyways
duke1144 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote duke1144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 3:43pm
Def going to wait till the iphone 5 comes out, itll be running on their 4 lte network which will run so much faster.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>