All things VIDEO GAMES

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 46>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
azngolfur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote azngolfur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All things VIDEO GAMES
    Posted: Mar/16/2011 at 6:53am
Originally posted by iamjason10

black ops is awesome but i saw a video of a guy that got 500 kills and it made me not want to play ha, he just spawned camp, someone on the other team had like 200 deaths

fake vid.

There are other videos about that vid... the guy with 200 deaths and his teammates keeping dying on purpose
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2011 at 7:07am
I don't see how anyone could Prestige multple times and still have fun.  I got to level 50 after my first prestige about a week back and it seemed like the instant that happened I had no desire to even play the game anymore.  Weird.

I did get Dead Rising 2 off ebay for 20 bucks so that should help satisfy my zombie obsession for awhile.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
TheLuckster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote TheLuckster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2011 at 9:52am
I still love playing NBA2k11 ITS TO ADDICTING
RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote RedLego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2011 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

I don't see how anyone could Prestige multple times and still have fun.  I got to level 50 after my first prestige about a week back and it seemed like the instant that happened I had no desire to even play the game anymore.  Weird.

I did get Dead Rising 2 off ebay for 20 bucks so that should help satisfy my zombie obsession for awhile.

I agree, i usually stop after my first prestige thats what i did for mw2. The next big thing i'm waiting for is the Gears Beta coming out next month.

ravingknight View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ravingknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2011 at 9:16pm
Man those Call of Duty Prestige things are pointless or at least that's how I feel. But I can't wait for Battlefield 3 and maybe saints row 3 just so I can mess around obnoxiously haha
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2011 at 10:17pm

OMG OMG OMG OMG
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ravingknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2011 at 9:13am
Originally posted by seacow234

OMG OMG OMG OMG

Yes! man now the people sitting around me at the library think I am crazy for saying omg over and over again
Local
Local

Quote TheLuckster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2011 at 9:28am
Dang nice vid, seems really intense,.
AppMtns04 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote AppMtns04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2011 at 3:29pm
I think this game will be able to put up with the major titles like COD
Do Work-Play later
RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote RedLego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2011 at 3:43pm
Video looks amazing, can't wait for some multiplayer clips. Sick of the COD series, will get Battlefield for sure.
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2011 at 10:23pm
COD and battlefield are COMPLETELY different play styles. a person who has a k/d ratio of 20 on your team doesn't guarantee victory because the only thing they'll contribute to your team are kills, NEGLECTING the enemy tank next to your base, taking all your ammo, putting your medics in danger, and hijacking vehicles you need so that the person can start camping to no end.

the team with the most points wins :P
k/d means nothing in the game. the only stat that matters is "point(s) per minute"
xxblondiee View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
<3

Quote xxblondiee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2011 at 11:36pm
BATTLEFEILD BAD COMPANY TWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ravingknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2011 at 3:41am

COD and battlefield are COMPLETELY different play styles. a person who has a k/d ratio of 20 on your team doesn't guarantee victory because the only thing they'll contribute to your team are kills, NEGLECTING the enemy tank next to your base, taking all your ammo, putting your medics in danger, and hijacking vehicles you need so that the person can start camping to no end.

the team with the most points wins :P
k/d means nothing in the game. the only stat that matters is "point(s) per minute"

And that is what makes the Battlefield games better in my opinion. I think more games are trying to lean towards the team based multiplayer style. I could have sworn that in the new game Homefront they try to make it more squad based teamwork than solo but I could be wrong.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2011 at 4:24am
Got Dead Rising 2 in the mail last night my fiance and I already love it, and she isn't even a game player.  I probably has to do with the zombie obsession that runs rampant at my house but I digress.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
yksuperman View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote yksuperman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2011 at 5:05am
the problem with more team based multiplayer games is that most of the players online aren't team players.
but, bf3 does look pretty sweet. i love cod but i'm definitely keeping an eye on this one
actekboarder View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Me 2011

Quote actekboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2011 at 5:16am
finally jumped on the bandwagon and got kinect and Dance Central... gf cant stop dancing...
Local
Local

Quote TheLuckster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2011 at 9:31am
Yeah the dance game seems fun for ps3. i saw some woman playing it at best buy. she was going all out.
RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote RedLego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2011 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by yksuperman

the problem with more team based multiplayer games is that most of the players online aren't team players.

but, bf3 does look pretty sweet. i love cod but i'm definitely keeping an eye on this one

True, some people perfer to go for stats over team wins, really had to get a good team when you are playing with random people. Games like battlefield or any team driven games you really need to have a party with your friends.

krepak View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote krepak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2011 at 12:58pm

Anyone play Tekken. They are coming out with a new Tekken Tag this year that looks awesome as far as game play goes

kel View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2011 at 1:01pm
l play tekken! but the thing is, l onyl play with my gf and she sucks so it really hinder my progress. devil jin is still my fav
ddomski View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ddomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2011 at 3:40pm
is anyone else as stoked for mortal kombat as me?
Gnu B Pro 152 BTX w/ Union Milan bindings
azngolfur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote azngolfur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2011 at 3:51pm
did anyone pick up the new game "frontline"?
muddog257 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote muddog257 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2011 at 4:59pm
Does anyone know if the new call of duty modern warfare 3 will come out for ps3 cause i have herd that it is only going to be for xbox.
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2011 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by muddog257

Does anyone know if the new call of duty modern warfare 3 will come out for ps3 cause i have herd that it is only going to be for xbox.

i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. the black ops for ps3 was totally shafted and gimped. 2-player was promised but never delivered...which is funny, considering the hardware the ps3 has (incredibly stronger than the 360)
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ravingknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2011 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by ddomski

is anyone else as stoked for mortal kombat as me?

New Mortal Kombat is going to be sweet so stoked also excited about the eventual Tekken vs Street Fighter game that is supposed to happen one of these years haha
Local
Local

Quote TheLuckster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2011 at 5:24am
ANyone got Marvel Vs Capcom? The game is prett yfun
ColaLover View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ColaLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2011 at 6:42am
Starcraft 2!
RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote RedLego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2011 at 11:45am
Originally posted by krepak

Anyone play Tekken. They are coming out with a new Tekken Tag this year that looks awesome as far as game play goes

tekken vs capcom seems like a better version of tekken tag unless you just like to stick with the original tekken players

muddog257 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote muddog257 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2011 at 5:32pm
Has anyone gotten the new homefront game?
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2011 at 11:30pm

Has anyone gotten the new homefront game?
based on reviews and what THQ is known for (wrestling and UFC games)

i'm not expecting much from it. the reviews make it out to be a little mediocre but it's THQs biggest step into the FPS genre...well, if it fails, THQ will still probably do well...barely...
SOMEONE has to make a wrestling game :P
surgyon View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote surgyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2011 at 12:49am
wait for battlefield 3, put the money into a new video card.
Local
Local

Quote TheLuckster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2011 at 5:29am
Yeah battlefield 3 seems intense and has some nice graphics.
kel View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2011 at 6:40am
+1 battlefield 3 always seemed to have nice graphics, but l thikn the game overal is too slow, and this need for coop to actaully win pisses me off. c
determined View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote determined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2011 at 6:49am

Where did you hear that from? I advise you not to listen to that source anymore. A game like mw3 not going to the ps3 or any other platform except for xbox would be the worst move activision would make. It's guaranteed money they will be losing. Saying that I don't know why they killed the rockband franchise or whatever it's called. So i guess they could.
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2011 at 6:58am
Originally posted by determined

Where did you here that from? I advise you not to listen to that source anymore. A game like mw3 not going to the ps3 or any other platform except for xbox would be the worst move activision would make. It's guaranteed money they will be losing. Saying that I don't know why they killed the rockband franchise or whatever it's called. So i guess they could.

that would be so stupid if they did. ps3 games> xbox games $$ and beyond that the sales of ps3 is greater than xbox. rockband franchise? isn't that over already or am l just oblivious
RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote RedLego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2011 at 10:58am
Of course mw3 will be out for both xbox and ps3, maybe your "source" heard that most games are developed with xbox in mind but than are ported over to the ps3
AppMtns04 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote AppMtns04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2011 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by RedLego

Of course mw3 will be out for both xbox and ps3, maybe your "source" heard that most games are developed with xbox in mind but than are ported over to the ps3
Yes, for this very reason most 360 games have slightly better graphics. Although I've never seen any big differences. 
Do Work-Play later
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ravingknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2011 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by AppMtns04

Yes, for this very reason most 360 games have slightly better graphics. Although I've never seen any big differences. 

Well isn't it just due to the fact that for a while more people had 360's? Not sure if it's still true now but I think it's starting to shift, developers are realizing the ps3 capabilities now or something.
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2011 at 1:09am
Originally posted by ravingknight

Well isn't it just due to the fact that for a while more people had 360's? Not sure if it's still true now but I think it's starting to shift, developers are realizing the ps3 capabilities now or something.

too bad saps bought the kinect over the ps3 :P

despite that, 360 is easier/cheaper to do business on. not everyone has a HDTV yet so the ps3 isn;t even fully utilized yet anyway
lachlan123 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote lachlan123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2011 at 1:27am
This game is pretty good, it is also FREE. its like COD but not quite as good but hey, the price is right

would definitly reccomend it

edit: couldnt work out how to embed it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uF3lgE-l4s
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ravingknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2011 at 3:47am
Originally posted by lachlan123

This game is pretty good, it is also FREE. its like COD but not quite as good but hey, the price is right

would definitly reccomend it

edit: couldnt work out how to embed it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uF3lgE-l4s

Haha I remember Combat Arms spent a good half a year playing that then my computer got fried...All I remember is at some point there were so many hackers but oh well it's free right?
RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote RedLego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2011 at 12:45pm

despite that, 360 is easier/cheaper to do business on. not everyone has a HDTV yet so the ps3 isn;t even fully utilized yet anyway

I believe seacow234 is right. Games are first developed on the xbox because it is less expensive and the coding and etc is easier for game developers. The difference between the xbox and ps3 once ported should be minimal although some games may have more technical problems such as bayonetta on the ps3 when it was ported.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2011 at 12:50pm
Pretty hooked on Dead Rising 2.  Even my fiance who isn't a gamer by an means loves it, although she complains about having to aim the camera herself.  That showed me how few games she has actually played as that is a pretty basic concept in game controls for the last 4 or so years.
azngolfur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote azngolfur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2011 at 11:41am
Everytime I prestige in Black Ops I try getting different pro perks and gun combo's... keeps it interesting
determined View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote determined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2011 at 11:47am
AppMtns04 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote AppMtns04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2011 at 12:46pm

I believe seacow234 is right. Games are first developed on the xbox because it is less expensive and the coding and etc is easier for game developers. The difference between the xbox and ps3 once ported should be minimal although some games may have more technical problems such as bayonetta on the ps3 when it was ported.

Well i think PS3 i emerging as a top console. Although Xbox is cheaper in price. PS3 just seems better built. Not as many problems. I love mine. 
Do Work-Play later
EXDS View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote EXDS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2011 at 1:08pm
Dead Space 2 is amazing!

And I can't play another multiplayer FPS after watching the awesomeness of the Battlefield 3 trailer...
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ravingknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2011 at 3:21pm
Oh Dead Space 2 best new game I've played in a long time. On a side note I can't wait for portal 2 to come out in a couple of weeks
bubbagooch View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bubbagooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2011 at 3:29pm
I agree with Dead Space 2 being the best game to come out recently. Right now I'm watching my friend play Bioshock 1. It sure brings back memories.   
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2011 at 10:38pm

Well i think PS3 i emerging as a top console. Although Xbox is cheaper in price. PS3 just seems better built. Not as many problems. I love mine. 

the FAT ps3 is only slightly better built but has a fair share of its own problems (though, not to the extent of the original 360)

the new 360 might've corrected the previous issue by installing a side fan...not sure about the rest of its internals like placement of the dvd drive (the root cause of the original 360 murdering itself)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 46>