2012 Presidential Election

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 7891011 18>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 Presidential Election
    Posted: Jan/05/2012 at 2:53am
Originally posted by tcontradiction

Would that be ridiculous??? Think about what you are saying. They check patient records all the time to make sure your not getting medicines that you shouldn't get, that the blood type is right. And this is why are making medical records digital (one of many reason). Person comes in, you get a quick fingerprint scan and you have all their records including INSURANCE.

This is why its a mess now, because of all the people who act like they are someone else gaming the system, hurting the rest of us who pay for our insurance, and our taxes.

Im a liberal, but im not in favor of paying for other people. Just assisting those who want to be contributing members of society.
That makes you the most reasonable liberal in the United States. 
collinbeast View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote collinbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2012 at 3:14am
I would love to have Steven Colbert as president
collinbeast View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote collinbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2012 at 3:18am
Daniel toshld be great as prez too, he's hilarious
mrrorydigital View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mrrorydigital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2012 at 3:24am
^ I also believe that the number one quality for the Commander in Chief should be ability to get laughs. Sigh.
FreeCarve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Maalaea Freight Trains

Quote FreeCarve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2012 at 6:37am
www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8znGfDCAGA
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2012 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by AnthonyBurton

They're all idiots

yes they are sir...yes they are.....

or are you saying that because you don't agree with them? O_o
iauwda View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iauwda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 8:24pm
Next up south Carolina. I don't think Mitt has a chance.
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 10:44pm
wait, who's up for SC?

on the upside, ron paul is getting a lot more traction :3
FreeCarve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Maalaea Freight Trains

Quote FreeCarve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2012 at 2:36am
Ron Paul 24 years ago
http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthread.php?57818-Ron-Paul-Interview-1988

Ron Paul '09 "What If" speech
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s_IUwwGq-A
bhswrestler150 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2012 at 3:23am
I like Ron Paul but his national security policies scared the crap outa me......... Then again Obama said the same thing then followed Bush policy almost to the letter
FreeCarve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Maalaea Freight Trains

Quote FreeCarve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2012 at 6:10am
Please provide specifics (preferably a link).
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2012 at 11:01pm
what's ron paul's national security plan like?...you mean not declaring war on Iran or letting the TSA molest me?.......his plan seems pretty isolationist IMO...but compared to everyone else...this man is an idealistic godsend...
ASMRides View Drop Down
Local
Local
Waxin yo

Quote ASMRides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2012 at 12:05am
FreeCarve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Maalaea Freight Trains

Quote FreeCarve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2012 at 9:06am
I can't find the links right now, but both Ron Paul and Romney invest their personal wealth where their mouth is ..          

Paul has most of his fortune (3 million) invested in gold mining stocks, because he's always claimed gold to be the only true money (and hyper inflation will destroy the remaining value of the $US)          

Romney has a large portion of his wealth (30 million) invested with defense contractors (so of course he wants to send our youth to die in Iran and elsewhere).      But this is also typical of most congressmen, because they are offered sweet investment deals in defense that the public doesn't have a clue about. In other words, they have a financial stake in seeing the U.S. invade other countries.

As for Romney and Paul fund-raising efforts     :

http://poorrichards-blog.blogspot.com/2011/12/ron-paul-supporters-including-veterans.html     

Romney funding effortshttp://www.boilingfrogspost.com/2012/01/10/romney-says-the-magic-words/

http://www.npr.org/2011/12/22/144122...-fear-ron-paul
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2012 at 10:57pm
^NPR blog link is off D:
however, he wants to bring back the gold standard so our money won't be inflated like it is now, it'll actually MEAN something and carry weight where it goes. the "almighty" dollar would be..."almighty" and anyone carrying american cash will have a stake in our economy...

or we could hyperinflate ourselves that the "stake" would mean very little :D

as for ron paul, i don't mean to call "isolationist" a bad thing (because who's really in favor of 3 wars?...at least the number is down to 1-2, does the small skirmish against lords army in africa count?, but still!). 

TheCorey2 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote TheCorey2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2012 at 3:28pm
It doesn't matter who wins because they never are able to do what they want to get done. No matter who wins congress will have a problem with everything they try to pass. No president is in office long enough to make a real difference. Politics is alot different than how it was 50 years ago. Thats atleast how I see it.
shing02 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 12:31am
^ that's the kind of crap that makes it possible and we need none of it, much like the same crap people on their "high horse" (lol narrow-minded simplifications) about the OWS situations
djmaya View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote djmaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 6:47am
Ron Paul has a ton of good ideas but (and this is a HUGE "BUT") the collateral damage to all is policy changes would be catastrophic to the regular american.
He is for a TON of government reduction, literally destroying 100s of thousands of jobs. what is going to happen to those people? who is going to hire them? what is going to happen to teh thousands of bussiness that depend on that lost spending power.
Not just that but all the people working for the CIA, all that highly skilled workforce pledged to serve us(the people (although not lately)) is going to be up for grabs by who knows who (foreign unfriendly countries? evil corporations...)
He wants to take all the consumer protections away because they cripple the competitive edge of business in america and because the market can self-regulate. But what happends when thousands of people get severely ill? An unscrupulous company could decide it was more profitable to use something that could hurt their customer but there was no law stopping them. if Ron Paul had had his way in the 80s teh ozone layer would probably be destroyed by now OR it would ahve taken a much longer time and effort to fix the issue once it because obvious. It was the law and regulation that saved the ozone layer not the market.

Ron Paul bases all his ideas on market freedom and its power to selfregulate. But the market has NEVER selfregulated, EVER! Essentially his ideas work on dreamland but not in reality.
2012 Vapor 162W - 2010 CO2 EST - 2010 Hail
shing02 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 12:59pm
well, just the federal government, it would be up to the states to "self-regulate" so states would have quite a bit cut out for them...possibly raise their taxes to maybe 30% too, which would offset our 0% tax to the federal government.
mollicap16 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mollicap16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 1:13pm
For us as a country we need to have Ron Paul to run against obama Ron Paul is one of the only politicans i can honestly say is a honest politican and isnt looking out for his best intrests and his wallet. We need Ron Paul to run as president and win and then maybe can this country get back on the right track. Please look up and research Ron Paul's views.
ianbejamin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ianbejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 6:18pm
Honestly, I don't see a single candidate that is going to come close to beating Obama. Unless Obama murders someone a day before the election, i wouldnt hold my breath if i were you...
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 6:36pm
Ron Paul is against the Civil Rights Movement of 1964, against a woman's right to choose, voted against the childrens healthcare program, voted to ban stem cell research, and wants to make the bush tax cuts permanent. Yeah, I'll pass. Maybe he can be king of appalachia. 
FreeCarve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Maalaea Freight Trains

Quote FreeCarve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2012 at 12:54pm
Let's examine a few of these talking points against Ron Paul:

Ron Paul's stance on abortion
www.youtube.com/watch?v=66jpPCIzza8

Ron Paul on Health care
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/health-care/

Ron Paul on the Civil Rights Act:

“The forced integration dictated by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 increased racial tensions while diminishing individual liberty… The Civil Rights Act of 1964 gave the federal government unprecedented power over hiring, employee relations, and customer service practices of every business in the country. The result was a massive violation of the rights of private property and contract, which are the bedrocks of free society.

All of these stated gripes with Ron Paul are taken out of context .. and even if true are small potatoes when compared to the Big Picture and the most critical and immediate pressing issue of individual liberty. RP is against an out-of-control Big Government, and the way it runs every aspect of our lives.

Quite obviously, Big Government is OK by some of you .. but I believe that's because you don't have a clue what these tiny steps in growth of a central government have led to. For instance: How many of you understand that the crocodile tears from our government about being broke and having to cut your services and raise your taxes are a complete fraud? The government is hiding two-thirds of its income from us. That's right, it takes in 3X what it's telling you. Government presents a very limited set of books to us, while the true set is the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (google CAFR) .. and even this set has been abbreviated in recent years to reflect only Net growth, rather than overall government corporate holdings.

"Very eye opening and interesting doc on the exposing the true corporate nature of our government and the real assets and revenues that they take in. Exposes the differences between the commonly disclosed budget and the deficit (strictly from tax revenue) and the CAFR (comprehensive annual finance report) which would/should list real revenue of the United States Corporations (185,000 of them)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkfMuvVuETQ

I'm not going to hand it to you in cliff note version. Copy, paste, and listen for yourselves .. and then do your own poking around, and you'll be amazed at what you can learn. For instance: How many of you realize that BP Oil (you know .. the folks that have permanently polluted our gulf seafood supply) is 60% owned by the U.S. Federal Government? You never would have known that from the evening news. The whole made for TV hearings, angry accusations, 20Billion clean-up fund, etc was a complete charade. (Use the internet while you've got it, because it WON'T be around for that much longer, REGARDLESS of what SOPA victory you think has been won.)

So when Ron Paul talks about zero income tax, he's just scratching the surface of what's possible.

Zero income tax?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhlUjVSSn7g

Regarding Ron Paul's visionary abilities:
Ron Paul 2002
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tLX_6rgvbEU#!

.. and which of the other candidates has the balls to take on what most of your senators voted for, and your prez signed into law? Ron Paul today NDAA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj-D_Eu2UAc&feature=player_embedded#!

What concerns me most is that Ron Paul may just be a relief valve for those smart enough to see he's the only hope we have AMONG THE CHOICES PRESENTED TO US .. while the vote has already been SUBVERTED by computer fraud that even a pre-teen could discern:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esAGWYjbWoM

Still .. I have to have some hope. The fact that the major news services are so blatantly ignoring RP's existence tells me something. The MSM polls are completely bogus. When individual groups (like veterans .. the guys who've actually had to fight our BS wars) are polled, the overwhelming favorite is Ron Paul.

So rather than bashing or over simplified opinion, how about telling us who you're for and precisely why .. and perhaps even provide links to support your claims/concerns.
FreeCarve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Maalaea Freight Trains

Quote FreeCarve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2012 at 1:23pm
oh yeah .. regarding the comment that law & regulation has saved the ozone layer while Ron Paul's free market would have destroyed it ..
Where to start. I was virtually attacked last year by a much more determined member because I suggested that Global Warming was a fraud meant to control us. There's a very ugly truth you'd best start learning about before the internet shuts down. We've been watching this stuff in the Sierras for years, and believe me, it's only the tip of the iceberg. Nothing is as it seems.

Rosalind Peterson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A28QBeipGT0&feature=player_embedded
iauwda View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iauwda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2012 at 5:07pm
You believe in Ron Paul's "ideology" yet you don't believe in science smh.
iauwda View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iauwda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2012 at 5:51pm
0% income tax lol.  i love how the so called economist Stephen Moore says claims that a 0% income tax would drastically create a massive in-source of jobs.   That is the biggest load of crap i have ever heard.

Even if the income tax rate were 0%, (Some corporations already pay 0% and even receive government subsidies on top of that) corporations would still out-source manufacturing jobs because the cost of labor would not make up the difference. 

What creates jobs is DEMAND.

So tell me Freecarve, how does a 0% income tax increase jobs? BTW i'm just talking about taxes to stick to one topic. its to time consuming to write a huge response for multiple topics.  
shreddog_123 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Duck season

Quote shreddog_123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2012 at 7:05pm
i really have this deep eerie feeling that obama is going to win.... hmmmm
Do you know God???
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2012 at 7:21pm
Joking? None of those statements are taken out of context. We have his voting record. Ron Paul was the ONLY congressman to vote against a bill celebrating the civil rights act of 64, and Paul has gone on camera saying he would have voted against the civil rights of 64, because 'it destroyed privacy'. Go to his website, which im sure you're familiar with. He's a clear 'pro-life' candidate who wants to repeal roe v wade and define life 'as beginning at conception by passing a “Sanctity of Life Act.” Ron Paul is against big government? Thats the biggest crock of crap i've heard today. Big government doesn't take away a woman's right to choose or tell tax paying citizens that they don't have the right to marry the person they want. I love it when politicians say crap like 'government is too big and too powerful!' and then run for the most powerful office in the world. Plenty of people I'd vote for, way before that crazy dood.
nots0kind View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
wattup box

Quote nots0kind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2012 at 7:35pm
as long as obama doesnt get re-elected im ok with his replacement obama made a change alright we went from super power questionable
FreeCarve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Maalaea Freight Trains

Quote FreeCarve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2012 at 8:44pm
iauwda .. First of all, you say that I don't believe in science, but you don't bother to be more specific. Am I supposed to know exactly what you mean? Global Warming? If you've even bothered to review the link I provided, you're just awakening to something you hadn't a clue about before. So how about investigating and thinking on it a bit before just falling back on "what you've been taught" and "what everybody knows" ..

I believe in clean air, but Big Government obviously isn't worried about it (quite obvious from Rosalind Peterson's material). As intertwined with Big Oil as government is, they'll first milk us for every dime they can with oil-based energy, happy to sell ever increasing amounts of oil to their new replacement customer China without restriction, while requiring U.S. citizens to make every sacrifice "for the world's air". No sacrifices by Big Business or China .. just us average joes.

We could have compact clean energy generators tomorrow, if every scientific advancement in that direction during the past 30 years hadn't been shut down by DOD for purposes of "national security" and then squirreled away for "later" release. Clean and free energy is already in use .. we just aren't privy to it (aside from bulky and expensive solar & wind power). So, instead of compact nearly "free" energy generators situated locally in each neighborhood, we'll continue to pay through the nose for power off the same big grid .. a grid that will be systematically "failing" over the coming years for whatever bogus reason. (This is already happening on a small scale.)

Regarding the zero income tax .. all you can say about a smarter economist than you is "that is the biggest load of crap, blah blah .." Again, just immature sputtering, while you demand that I explain job supply & demand to you. Why should I? You're ridiculing one little piece of an overall post, while you obviously didn't bother to review the material on CAFR (something else you didn't know) which clearly demonstrates that 2/3 of government's true income is hidden from us. If just half that hidden income replaced the income tax tomorrow instead of being reinvested in a never mentioned corporate state, there would be no immediate shock to our bloated government.

I don't claim to be the economic expert on job creation that you hint you are .. I'm more concerned that both the Euro and then the U.S. dollar are going to crash before the end of 2013. This has been assured by a "spend what you don't have" policy that this prez inherited from the last and then ran with .. stuff that's been dictated from afar by those that control both IMF and Fed. The US dollar index has gone up recently ONLY because the Euro is on the brink, and precious metal price (the only real money) has been manipulated through massive 100:1 fractional short selling (something that I do know a bit about).

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. The smart guys poke around to see if there's more to some non-mainstream news thought, while the lazy ones just get all pissy and indignant, demanding to be spoon fed or proven something.

Anyhow .. wish I could stick around, but we've got almost a foot of snow outside .. I know I won't be thinking about this thread for the next few days. In the meantime, how about us getting back somewhat on topic .. who do you support for prez and specific reasons why? Are your reasons important in the overall scheme of things? (or have you once again fallen for the divide & conquer that we've all been suckered by for decades)
screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2012 at 9:35am
Originally posted by nots0kind

as long as obama doesnt get re-elected im ok with his replacement obama made a change alright we went from super power questionable

Grammar as poor as yours is really unconvincing.  The United States is still the world's only super power; super hero I'd even say.  I'm no fan of Obama, but to put the blame on him for our economic woes is to be terrifically ignorant.  It's like you've been unaware of decades of corruption or the unfair and uneven trade policies that have allowed the People's Republic of China to thrive.
iauwda View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iauwda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2012 at 8:21pm
Freecarve i believe in science and the results it presents should be based on repeated experiments.  So "what i've been taught" is always changing based on the outcomes.  Nice way to antagonize me though.  I did watch that Rosalind Peterson interview, but this doesn't prove that the cause of climate change is geo-enginerring.  Hence why i questioned if you believed in science.  Laws or facts are based on the scientific method where after rigorous experiments done by one person, is replicated by the other scientist.  What you claim is the cause of climate change is has the only consensus of one person who isn't even a SCIENTIST.  Where are all the scientist that believe geo-enginerring is the cause of climate change? Now maybe it is, but you can't know for sure until there is scientific consensus.  Do you think if there was a sliver of truth that geo-engeinerring causes climate change that scientist would not look into these claims? Instead of taking the word of Rosalind Peterson an "environment impact analyst" which you could be with a simple BACHELOR degree.  REALLY how do you even consider this person a real scientist. She may use complex scientific words but she only has a BA from Sonoma State University. Come on man. Your arguments are tied to your pride, scientist follow the results no matter where it takes them.   For decades, it was believed that light was the fastest thing known to man, but now as it turns out, there may be a molecule that travels faster than light which would break down the fundamental ideas of physics.  Hence why I believe in science. Truth is not tied to their pride.  

Now I agree with you that government isn't concerned with climate change, because big oil who has a vested interest in what government decides has bought our congress. I'm sure we could agree to that. That is why MONEY should not be part of our political system. GET THE MONEY OUT. Until then, it won't matter what the issue is because big money will always control our government.

I also agree with you that we can possible create clean energy because its usually what happens in government.  NASA was able to use satellites well before the public could use them.  But if your complaining about big government, then according to Ron Paul, NASA would not have existed and created the technology. It may very well happen eventually later down the road without government spending, but wouldn't we be behind other countries that decided to put money to create the technology? 

Did i stutter in the previous post? I never asked you to explain the economics of supply and demand.  The question i posed to you is how does supply side economics create jobs. As i said before, a 0% income tax rate would not bring jobs in because it doesn't increase demand. You just totally ignored that and assumed i was asking you about supply and demand. I never hinted as you say to be a economic expert but I am basing my argument on other economist that has thus far predicted the future with accuracy. (Paul Krugman) The biggest contributing factor that causes hiring is DEMAND not 0% tax rate as stephen moore suggests. Hence the link i provided but i guess you didn't take the link. You totally ignore the facts that i provide you because it does not fit your argument.   Our current tax rate has been the lowest since the 1950's and yet have the the worst employment record since the Great Depression. Yet Stephen Moore claims that 0% income tax rate would create an influx of jobs. laughable. Now Ron Paul as well as you claim that OVER regulation was what got us into our current economic system. But it is in fact the deregulation of the financial sector starting under Ronald Reagan and the continuing deregulation under both democrates and republicans. We can also thank Bill Clinton who repealed the Glass-Steagall act and also passing the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 which ensured the deregulation of derivatives. These two actions would have devastating effects to our economy thus leading to the housing bubble that destroyed millions of jobs.  (Read "The Big Short" by Michael Lewis) So based on the FACTS i just presented, how does more deregulation as strongly proposed by Ron Paul help with the economy? It was the deregulation of our financial sector that got us into this mess.  (also read Griftopia by Matt Taibbi)

But then you got into the CAFR (which i had to look up) and based on the information i got, we're not a broke country. (i never thought we're were since the country can still borrow money for basically 0% interest) Yet  Ron Paul's voted against the debt ceiling because he says "you can't solve the problem of debt with debt" I guess paul is one of those in the dark about CAFR. Also IF CAFR shows that we're as profitable as shows, wouldn't other countries follow these ways to make money? It doesn't add up and it seems like your just taking all the theories of alex jones without questioning it.  If it were true, there would be enough people to expose or make money of these theories especially after the economic crash we went through. Reporters like Matt Taibbi who writes about big money interest and how its corrupting our system would surely report on this.  Of course I'm assuming he would but provide me a credible journalist that would report about the CAFR.  Otherwise leave the hacks like alex jones and his conspiracies out.  When your sick you go see a doctor right? If you need to build a skyscraper you look to an architect. So give me a journalist with credibility that "exposes" CAFR

I question everything i take in a do my own research. I rarely get my news information from the mainstream media as of course i know they leave things out.  I go straight to the experts and see if their opinion has a conflict of interest.  Of course both of us aren't experts, but we need to rely on others to provide us with this information. I choose for it not to be alex jones as you do.

As for the Euro, i to am concerned about it as so should everyone be. But please explain to me how austerity measures would bring us out of this economic situation? I am so tired of these lies. What do you think took us out of the Great Depression? It was the government borrowing and spending for WWII that replaced the spending of the citizens that didn't have money to spend.  Over spending while cutting taxes was what got us in trouble.  

Now back to the topic. Because of our two party system, even though i respect Ron Paul for his consistency, I would like to see Buddy Roemer to be the Republican nominee.  If you thought Paul was the one getting shafted by the media, look into Roemer.  He is the only politician that talks about the detrimental influence of money in our political system. Because of the Citizens United decision, you will see the most money ever spent in a presidential election.  We can thank the conservative court for that. 
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2012 at 10:23pm
...does anyone know why roemer hasn't been to the "fox news" debates? D:

i see him on reddit from time to time but that's it...
iauwda View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iauwda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2012 at 6:22am
Not only just Fox News debates, all of the debates.  They won't let candidates that don't poll nationally into the debates.  Buddy can't get his name out.  The older age group that votes rely on what they see on TV. But if your being shut out by the media like Buddy, there isn't any name exposure and hence no recognition.  

A quick summery of what Buddy stands for.

seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2012 at 11:32pm
i was too absorbed with the niners lately...i was pretty surprised to hear newt actually won something...

and the overturned winning in santorum's favor is "lol-worthy". it's heating up for the GOP candidates...none of whom i would vote for except roemer, now that everyone mentions it. while i think there are loopholes around it for corporate influence, it's better than what it is now. 
iauwda View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iauwda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2012 at 3:30am
Its too bad they shut him out of the debates.  I would love to see him debate against the hypocrite Gingrich.  Hopefully there will be a Constitutional amendment of some kind to control the money that is polluting our Congress.  
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2012 at 5:24pm
I will give credit to the President, he is a great public speaker. However it still remains to see if he can get things done. Part of that will require the republicans and the democrats working together.
ianbejamin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ianbejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2012 at 5:42pm
Wow. That is all I can say. What a great speaker and what a great set of plans and ideas. Simplify Washington, work together, and use common sense. Couldn't agree more.
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote not-ewrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2012 at 5:47pm
Ron Paul is actually the most logical republican I've ever heard speak.  That includes normal people.  I think if I'm going to throw my vote away, I might as well throw it at him. 
My internet driving abilities are > YORE internet driving abilities.
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote not-ewrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2012 at 5:50pm
And does anyone else vote based on how stupid as shtook the candidates are?  Like 4 years ago, it took that bitch Sarah Pallin like 10 seconds for me to determine that she had the IQ of a 10 year old.  Gorge Bush, Rick Perry, what is huffing gas a requirement for running for president.   
My internet driving abilities are > YORE internet driving abilities.
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2012 at 12:52am
Originally posted by HAVEN2135

I will give credit to the President, he is a great public speaker. However it still remains to see if he can get things done. Part of that will require the republicans and the democrats working together.

compromise would be something like 50-50...that last time , during the debt ceiling talk, they got 95% of what they wanted...that's not compromise, that's just dumb.
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2012 at 3:37am
Originally posted by mrrorydigital

^ I also believe that the number one quality for the Commander in Chief should be ability to get laughs. Sigh.
Speaking of laughs, Obama's spilled milk joke last night was terrible.  What makes it even worse is that it wasn't off-the-cuff.  Someone wrote that in.
iauwda View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iauwda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2012 at 4:11pm
Wow newt got smacked the hell up last night. I love his idea to create manufacturing on the moon. Lol! I can't believe people take this clown seiously.
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2012 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by iauwda

Wow newt got smacked the hell up last night. I love his idea to create manufacturing on the moon. Lol! I can't believe people take this clown seiously.

but why did they cheer!? that was BSSS...and dumb as f***

nasa doesn't even WANT to go to the moon!
iauwda View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iauwda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2012 at 11:47am
Originally posted by seacow234

Your guess is as good as mine, they love to be pandered.  
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2012 at 1:34pm

If Newt somehow gets the Republican nomination I'm going to facepalm so hard I might need plastic surgery. I can't believe he's even made it this far in the race.
shing02 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2012 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by broys

If Newt somehow gets the Republican nomination I'm going to facepalm so hard I might need plastic surgery. I can't believe he's even made it this far in the race.

i can't believe a potato made it this far too...hell, i think romney deserves it more than he does

sadly, the GOP base doesn't like him because...
he's a mormon D:...which is kinda dumb...as dumb as dehumanizing athiest but that's another story
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2012 at 10:16pm

Originally posted by seacow234

Your guess is as good as mine, they love to be pandered.  

it's sad but true...it helped obama get into office
and, after signing NDAA, i'm not sure i want to support him.

i don't think there's any way i can. i'm voting 3rd party.
iauwda View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iauwda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2012 at 12:19am
@seacow totally agree with you about the NDAA. Chalk that one up as another disappointment in Obama. Obama just reaffirmed the power. He was actually going to veto the bill not because of what was in it, but because He was afraid it took power away from the executive branch. I stress again, no matter what the issues are, we need to get money out of politics in order to have a true representative democracy. There are some grass roots movement on a constitutional admendment for this. Keep an eye out for that.
mollicap16 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mollicap16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2012 at 4:33am
Im upset with the fact that they are even giving newt more of a chance to win then Ron Paul. Newt is an absolute idiot. I agree with iauwda and i feel that Ron Paul is the only one that can take a step towards achieving that.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 18>