2012 Presidential Election

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1112131415 18>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 Presidential Election
    Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by JDiggidy

Originally posted by Skio25

Anyone else sick of logging into facebook just to see a billion status updates about politics? At least here we have it consolidated to one big argument thread.
Too true.  It especially makes me mad when Facebook tries to tell me I should like someone's page.  "Hey man, this guy is a farking as-nole... you should like his page!"  No facebook, in fact I quite dislike that individule, and all of his friends as well.  So quit it!

you COULD just defriend/unfollow those people :P
come on, everyone knows that if you "like mitt romney"  you're an @$$hat anyway /s

but no, seriously, even among friends there's no place for politics there :|. it's the same as any forum that devolves into a circlejerk or congregation for trolls and *tards.
rosati777 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 4:57am
I just know that our deficit is from wars and Romney's number one priority is our military so that means more military spending and more debt. Anyone else is better as far as I'm concerned.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 8:44am
Originally posted by twolf123

Originally posted by JDiggidy

Originally posted by Skio25

Anyone else sick of logging into facebook just to see a billion status updates about politics? At least here we have it consolidated to one big argument thread.
Too true.  It especially makes me mad when Facebook tries to tell me I should like someone's page.  "Hey man, this guy is a farking as-nole... you should like his page!"  No facebook, in fact I quite dislike that individule, and all of his friends as well.  So quit it!

you COULD just defriend/unfollow those people :P
come on, everyone knows that if you "like mitt romney"  you're an @$$hat anyway /s

but no, seriously, even among friends there's no place for politics there :|. it's the same as any forum that devolves into a circlejerk or congregation for trolls and *tards.
Too true, and let me tell you, I've de-friended a ton of them over the past year or so due to their crap (postings, pictures, etc.).  But some friends are just friends to the bitter end.  I have a buddy that now lives in LA, and we are as far apart politically as two guys can get.  But, we have a mutual respect for each other, and we've even said that.  So with him, no biggie.
I think what bothers me about some of their facebook posts, are just how off base a few of them are.  Maybe it would be a topic for another thread (or a past thread), because I don't want to get my personal politics in here and why my friend is a moron for thinking the way he does. LOL
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 4:44am
Originally posted by rosati777

I just know that our deficit is from wars and Romney's number one priority is our military so that means more military spending and more debt. Anyone else is better as far as I'm concerned.
Do you know that?  Our budget this year is broken down to be 24% defense, 22% health care, 22% pensions (mainly social security), and 12% welfare.  And in 2017, the budget is laid out to be 18% defense, 28% health care, 24% pensions, and 9% welfare.

Also keep in mind that nearly half of the health care budget is allocated health care to welfare participants.  So when you take that into consideration, in 2017, we are projected to spend nearly 22% of our budget on welfare, and only 18% on defense.

Personally I would rather spend our money paying soldiers, developing aircraft, taking care of veterans  and protecting ourselves as opposed to expanding a welfare program that is poorly managed and often taken advantage of.
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 4:47am
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 8:52am
Haha, this is ridiculous.

Same sh!t, different election.

Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 9:19am
I don't ever watch the elections unless someone made a song out of it in autotune.  But like my economist teacher said, Obama needs his 2nd term to fix things because it took him 4 years to screw up and realized what he did wrong and now needs the next 4 years to fix things.  He was given a broken nation by Bush.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 4:35pm
I hope this debate gets better it is like watching two little kids fight back and forth, currently they are stuck on the economy and are not bringing up any new points. 
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by HAVEN2135

I hope this debate gets better it is like watching two little kids fight back and forth, currently they are stuck on the economy and are not bringing up any new points. 

haha my favorite part was when ryan was asked about how their plan was gonna bring unemployment to under 6% and he just went on to tell a story of how Romney is such a good person. jokes
bhswrestler150 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 4:58pm
my thoughts exactly

its like watching the smart kid in class getting getting ridiculed by the wise ass and the rest of the class has no idea whats going on
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 5:49pm
Biden was a total schmuck the way he kept laughing, grinning and rolling his eyes. Very unprofessional. Very annoying.

And Biden must have interrupted Ryan rudely at least a dozen times.

As far as substance goes, they both did pretty well making their points.
gsoccer04 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote gsoccer04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 7:34pm
Vermin Supreme 2012

http://www.verminsupreme.com/
bluepolkadot View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bluepolkadot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 7:56pm
It's always between a douchebag and a turd sandwich.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 8:34pm
Haha I wanted to see the debate....was busy with studying tonight. Always fun to see them argue.

I'm actually scared about the direction of our country.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 12:05am
the VP debate was MUCH more heated than what we saw on the presidential debate...biden actually called ryan on his bs!

hell, even the moderator called him out when the "numbers didnt add up"
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 3:23am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

I don't ever watch the elections unless someone made a song out of it in autotune.  But like my economist teacher said, Obama needs his 2nd term to fix things because it took him 4 years to screw up and realized what he did wrong and now needs the next 4 years to fix things.  He was given a broken nation by Bush.
Your economist teacher is a dope.  How can you justify voting for someone based solely on the fact that they have done a bad job?  There shouldn't be second chances when it comes to being the president.  But college professors imposing their liberal viewpoints on their students is nothing new.  Your tune will change if you decide to work for a living.  
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 5:05am
Originally posted by grapeape2669

Originally posted by rosati777

Do you know that?  Our budget this year is broken down to be 24% defense, 22% health care, 22% pensions (mainly social security), and 12% welfare.  And in 2017, the budget is laid out to be 18% defense, 28% health care, 24% pensions, and 9% welfare.

Also keep in mind that nearly half of the health care budget is allocated health care to welfare participants.  So when you take that into consideration, in 2017, we are projected to spend nearly 22% of our budget on welfare, and only 18% on defense.

Personally I would rather spend our money paying soldiers, developing aircraft, taking care of veterans  and protecting ourselves as opposed to expanding a welfare program that is poorly managed and often taken advantage of.

whoa. where are you getting these horrifically wrong numbers from? TANF is 0.7% of the 2011 budget. 

http://www.whitehouse.gov/2011-taxreceipt
mrrorydigital View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mrrorydigital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 5:09am
Everybody get onboard for the big win!

diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 6:07am

Romney and Ryan keep saying the reason they have not come out with a plan for taxes is because they plan on working with dems when they get into office. Yet they have a 20% reduction number, did they just pull that number out of there ass? If they didn't pull the number out of the air they actually have a plan and there keeping it quiet imo.

Ryan when asked directly what will happen to middle class taxes and high income taxes only said they will reduce high income taxes to create more jobs. Completely avoided answering what will happen to middle income taxes. Something don't smell right 

scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Quote scuddera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 6:17am
^^^^^The better question is does Biden want to stumble over his words some more and beat around the bush with every explanation. My favorite part was Ryan asking him about his home towns unemployment rate going from 8.5 to 10%. Granted thats not all federal, its state gov as well but really how do you answer that... straight $hit on.

Also that lady asking the questions couldnt have shown who she was for anymore than she did. I think she cut Ryan of about 8 times because Biden was crying like a lil b!tch because Ryan made him look like a fool
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 6:18am
Now Matter Which One Of Them Is Speaking, YOU ARE BEING LIED TOO!!!
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 6:23am

Oops! Pardon my poor spelling and grammar…  No Matter Which One Of Them Is Speaking, YOU ARE BEING LIED TO!!!!

diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 6:31am
Originally posted by Oinker

Oops! Pardon my poor spelling and grammar…  No Matter Which One Of Them Is Speaking, YOU ARE BEING LIED TO!!!!

I just don't feel safe being lied to by an extremely wealthy politician whos policy seems to benefit him and his wealthy friends the most.

Liars can figure, but figures never lie
namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 6:52am
Even the International Monetary Fund finds that Republican stimulus plans are rubbish. They say that on average for countries across the world, “activity over the past few years has disappointed more in economies with more aggressive fiscal consolidation plans.” (IMF via NY Times)

Fiscal policy works!
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 7:49am
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 8:19am
So, Canada's overseas now huh?

Can Ryan also see Russia from his front door?
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 9:12am
That moderator of the VP debate was totally biased. Obama attended her wedding and she attended Obama's wedding. Her then husband worked for Obama and was named agency head by Obama. But the GOP allowed her to be moderator for some reason. Ryan didn't answer several questions from the moderator, but he was constantly being interrupted by Biden when he wasn't laughing. It was definitely interesting to watch.

Too bad we're only a 2 party system. I wonder how many people would have actually voted for Ron Paul if he'd been on the ballot. I like Gary Johnson, but the average American probably doesn't even know that there are more than 2 parties in this country.
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Superorb

That moderator of the VP debate was totally biased. Obama attended her wedding and she attended Obama's wedding. Her then husband worked for Obama and was named agency head by Obama. But the GOP allowed her to be moderator for some reason. Ryan didn't answer several questions from the moderator, but he was constantly being interrupted by Biden when he wasn't laughing. It was definitely interesting to watch.

Too bad we're only a 2 party system. I wonder how many people would have actually voted for Ron Paul if he'd been on the ballot. I like Gary Johnson, but the average American probably doesn't even know that there are more than 2 parties in this country.

sure she was "biased" in that obama was a classmate and friend of her former husband, whom she divorced in 1997, and we all know how people feel about their ex-husband's friends now don't we? ;)
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2012 at 3:07am

I think the big thing is that Biden acted like a dink the whole time.  He just interrupted and laughed sarcastically instead of saying anything.  Is the moderator allowed to tell him to shut up?
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2012 at 8:49am
Originally posted by grapeape2669

I think the big thing is that Biden acted like a dink the whole time.  He just interrupted and laughed sarcastically instead of saying anything.  Is the moderator allowed to tell him to shut up?

The moderator certainly cut Ryan off several times when he was on a roll and allowed Biden to cut off Ryan as well. I guess the moderator can favor one candidate and not be impartial if they want to.
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2012 at 10:23am

The moderator certainly cut Ryan off several times when he was on a roll and allowed Biden to cut off Ryan as well. I guess the moderator can favor one candidate and not be impartial if they want to.

The only moderator that wouldn't be biased would be one that doesn't care who wins the election so obviously we know who that moderator favors.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2012 at 11:35am
well i felt she did perfectly fine and asked follow ups where she should've...yes, biden came off as impolite but probably did what he was instructed to do (call him a liar without saying "liar")

and if you think she was "biased"...well, romney/ryan are PRETTY vague on their plan so it's pretty fair game to ask/drill them on that , while doing "fact checking" simultaneously
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2012 at 11:41am
Originally posted by twolf123

well i felt she did perfectly fine and asked follow ups where she should've...yes, biden came off as impolite but probably did what he was instructed to do (call him a liar without saying "liar")

and if you think she was "biased"...well, romney/ryan are PRETTY vague on their plan so it's pretty fair game to ask/drill them on that , while doing "fact checking" simultaneously

Yeah, Ryan was being pretty vague about some things. Biden acted like a kid though. Constant interruptions and launching at everything Ryan said. Just disrespectful in general. As long as the moderators are part of the liberal media I expect bias. Short of remaining silent, it's pretty difficult to be impartial.

Tonight's debate is being held at one of the most liberal universities in the country so I expect Romney to take a beating.
Snow Day Colorado

chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 6:45am
I think Romney destroyed Obama in the debate.

Having to listen to Obama repeat the same crap over and over again makes me sick.
jamers99 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote jamers99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 7:05am
McCain 08 baybayyyy!!
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 7:07am
I was expecting Romney to be thrown under the bus, but it wasn't for the moderator's lack of trying. I couldn't believe SHE was attacking Romney as a supposed impartial moderator. It was crazy. Obama had a good closing though.
Snow Day Colorado

chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 7:13am
Just like the Biden/Ryan debate.
It wasn't Ryan debating Biden. It was Ryan debating Biden AND the moderator. The moderator interupted Ryan almost as much as Biden did.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 7:16am
It seemed that every time Romney started pointing out failures of Obama the moderator stopped him, but when Obama was on the offensive he got several minutes, even if it wasn't even remotely related to the question at hand.
Snow Day Colorado

letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 7:19am
I think we need a guy in office that has true American spirit. That's why we should all vote for Ralph Nader in 2012!!!

You know he's serious when he's got his own Nader in 2012 facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/RalphNader2012
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 7:23am
Sad that the MSM leans so far left now. And CNN wonders why it's numbers are so low and it continues to lose viewers.

Fox makes people sick. MSNBC makes people even sicker, and CNN has gone from impartial to left leaning.

Thats why I will keep going online to get updated on news and current events.
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 7:24am
Originally posted by letourneau41

I think we need a guy in office that has true American spirit. That's why we should all vote for Ralph Nader in 2012!!!

You know he's serious when he's got his own Nader in 2012 facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/RalphNader2012

I have a horror story about voting for Nader in 2000.  I think I've relayed it somewhere on this site before.  That was my first presidential election.  I bought into Nader's "both parties are the same" rhetoric (and frankly I still buy into that to a great extent).  As an Ohio resident, I voted for Nader, and as far as I know my vote was the single vote that swung the state for Bush and gave the election to that evil sonofabitch and his cronies, who then capitalized on 911, basically destroyed the country, began two unjust wars, and made untold profits for themselves and their friends by sucking the life out of the world. 

I feel bad about that. 

So anyway, don't throw your votes away kids.

-b
get bent
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 7:27am
Yup, I don't expect impartial reporting and any real news to make it to the main stream media. There's so much that they don't report on it's sickening. Fast and Furious scandal for one. The fact that Obama uses executive privilege to bypass congress like he pops Pez. He also no longer deports illegal immigrants and instead refers to them as undocumented workers. They're in the country illegally, that's what they should be called.
Snow Day Colorado

chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 7:31am
Sad that Ron Paul went down in flames.

I really had high hopes for him and his ideas.

It's really discouraging to know that the person who would be best for the country isn't even considered.

diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 7:46am
Originally posted by chillwill

Sad that Ron Paul went down in flames.

I really had high hopes for him and his ideas.

It's really discouraging to know that the person who would be best for the country isn't even considered.

Politics are decided by money and not by who will give our country the best option. When we stop allowing Super PACs to donate hundreds of millions of dollars to campaigns we'll have a democracy again. Problem is the people who can change voting regulations are the ones who receive these large donations. Never ending circle of shit 
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 9:00am
The problem with Ron Paul isn't that he doesnt get enough attention, the problem with Ron Paul is that he's fvcking crazy. I'd gladly take obama or romney over him. The man's a loon. 
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 9:09am
Originally posted by giftedhands

The problem with Ron Paul isn't that he doesnt get enough attention, the problem with Ron Paul is that he's fvcking crazy. I'd gladly take obama or romney over him. The man's a loon. 

You would rather have Obama than Ron Paul?  Wow. 

Congrats!

Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 9:17am
Originally posted by chillwill

Politics in America is like a high school popularity contest. He who has the most money will win the election. That, and the average American knows nothing about politics in general.
Snow Day Colorado

shurst94 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Bretton Woods Peak

Quote shurst94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 9:39am
I think Ron Paul supporters are more excited or supportive of certain ideals, however when looking at if he was actually ever elected into office, he would not be able to enact half of what he says he would get through the House and Congress. IE. completely free trade, the war on drugs, ending illegal immigration. Also people need to look at the political record. This is why he could never be elected. Mainstream media would be fast to bring these thigns up. Reasons Why Ron Paul is Un-Electible
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 10:06am
Romney was so rude to the moderator, he kept on interrupting and ignoring her attempt to stop him until she said okay hurry and make your point haha.  But damn, Romney told Obama, "I'm talking"  LOL  
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Romney was so rude to the moderator, he kept on interrupting and ignoring her attempt to stop him until she said okay hurry and make your point haha.  But damn, Romney told Obama, "I'm talking"  LOL  

He had to make up for Biden's disgusting behavior during the VP depate.

Haven't you realized it by now? They are ALL a bunch of trashy, rude scum bags?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 18>