2012 Presidential Election

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 89101112 18>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 Presidential Election
    Posted: Feb/02/2012 at 10:12pm
ron paul needs to campaign harder in 1 specific area...based on how things are going, newt and romney are just gonna keep trying to murder each other (good on them), which could give ron the breathing space he needs to actually get people to vote for him! D:

will he lose the next state? probably, but i just want him to get a good margin in the next!

on another note........damn, this election season is ugly...
iauwda View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iauwda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2012 at 12:17pm
It's so ironic that Ron Paul is the oldest one in the race but yet has the youngest supporters.
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2012 at 10:08pm
looks like mitt took nevada with ease.........he might as well pull away and take the nom if he takes the next state :/
a-wow925 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote a-wow925 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2012 at 5:18am
yup it don't matter who wins, the president doesn't make decisions anyway, he's just there to make people think they have power
scuba32steve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote scuba32steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2012 at 2:57pm
Obama!!!!!
mollicap16 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mollicap16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2012 at 8:00pm
Does Ron Paul have a chance i know im going to vote for him. But i feel like everyone thats even voteing doesnt even have any idea who they are voteing for. i wish people actually did their research and honestly pay attention to the people who are running this country if they did Ron Paul would run away with this election.
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2012 at 10:23pm
vote for him to make a statement and nothing more. even if he loses, showing up in  the top3 (or even first!) should still count as something!
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2012 at 8:25am
Pretty funny looking at who the "notable" candidates were when this thread started.

Molliecap makes a good point, and I think the problem is that more people don't pay critical attention than do.

I think Ron Paul needs to go nuts in the next three to be seen as a viable candidate to pick up some delegates on Super Tuesday.  He gave a great speech after the Florida primary. More people need to hear him when he is at his best, not when the debate moderators are treating him like a spectator who has no chance.

I hope he gets some momentum and runs as a 3rd party candidate if he doesn't win the Repub nomination.  The people who support him cannot be represented by either of the other candidates, which would make him a good 3rd party candidate.  However, unfortunately, he'll still be treated like he has no chance and won't pick up any more than 6-9% as a 3rd party candidate. 

It is pretty amazing how, from all the variances of political thought there is in this country (from what should be legal, to what rights people should have, to economic perspectives), that we pretend that there are only two sides, which starts with issues, but then just turns into us vs. them.
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2012 at 9:18am
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

It is pretty amazing how, from all the variances of political thought there is in this country (from what should be legal, to what rights people should have, to economic perspectives), that we pretend that there are only two sides, which starts with issues, but then just turns into us vs. them.

That's imo one of the biggest problems with American politics. It enables people to completely denounce the other party without even having an argument based on anything at all. It's just "us vs them", so people look only at the party of a candidate and not at what they believe. It also sparks petty politics and divides Congress on issues based on party lines instead of actual issues and beliefs.

The problem is I don't see it changing anytime soon without a supremely charismatic 3rd party candidate that can rally up enough support that people won't feel like they're "wasting their vote".
iauwda View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iauwda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2012 at 1:26pm
Sorry but Ron Paul isn't going to run as a third party candidate. He's not going to screw the GOP because his son wants a future in the party.
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2012 at 12:09am
i wish rand paul would step up a tad, because he just doesn't seem loud enough...that and he doesn't have the balls to say "it's okay to be racist" and also say it's ideal if you aren't at the same time

i mean, SURE the racism is ugly...but when has that ever stopped someone?
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2012 at 6:45pm
^ too bad the dude's consistently 3rd :3

im PRETTY surprised to see the byproduct of anal sex get Missouri though...
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2012 at 7:53pm
So Washington became the 7th state to legalize homosexual marriage today. Did the south explode?
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2012 at 11:35pm
^ at least people are wising up about it! :3
AccebA View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote AccebA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2012 at 10:55pm
Maybe me..
But i should consider that moving is an expensive proposition that must be budgeted for carefully. When I move, there are a few expenses that I encounter with a brand new rental that I might not have thought of. It's quite good that I can always have an installment loans https://personalmoneynetwork.com/installment-loans/ that i can run to.
I've been moving from one place to another so I would be having a hard time thinking about it.
NickinChicago View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 7:03am
Imagine you work for a company that wasn't growing or turning a profit 4 years ago so a new boss was hired to fix the problems the previous boss created. 4 years later the company still isn't growing and it still isn't profiting. Workers pay has either stayed the same or has even dropped for some. Some workers have even lost their jobs with this company.

Would the new boss still have a job after 4 years? Would he be given 4 more years to fix the problems he inherited? Shouldn't things get at least a little better in 4 years instead of worse for most? Would you still support this boss after 4 years?

(The post above mine is spam and needs to be deleted)
Ejekted View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Ejekted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 7:06am
Over 15million dollars were spent last week on political ads just in the state of Colorado. Imagine if they spent a quarter of that on helping homeless or putting it towards education or feeding starving people. I think our country would be a much better place.
'07 Burton Feelgood with '07 Salomon Relay Elite Bindings, '08 B by Burton Alpha with '09 Salomon Relay Elites, '09 Arbor Push
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 7:20am
I'm not necessarily against replacing Obama, but Romney is king douche. 

I could never vote for that guy.

It's a shame we have a two party system like this.  I don't think there should be hundreds of options, but 3 or 4 would be so much better.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
eddiexchoi View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Quote eddiexchoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 7:22am
politics... sucks! lol
eddie
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 7:24am
So why is Romney King Douche? Because the liberal media feeds you this crap on a daily basis and the Obama campaign just feeds lie after lie about him? I'm guessing most people that talk shit about Romney really only know the lies that are told about him.
bhswrestler150 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 7:30am
I've heard alot of people say they can't vote for Romney cause he is a douche....... I don't get it.

Can anyone explain why they don't like him?

I'll also state I'm no huge fan of the guy but the with the current state of things how can u possibly vote for 4 more years of that
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:00am
I don't think he's a douche but he's Morman and doesn't think a woman should be able to have the "right to choose".  Those are my problems with him. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:05am
Romney:

Marijuana
Marijuana is a gateway drug and should be illegal.  Ok Gramma, I know you have no appetitie and your stomach hurts all the time from your chemo therapy, but you can't have the medicine that gives you an appetite and helps your pain because it's evil.

Only a fool thinks Pot is any more of a "gateway drug" than alcohol.  I saw many people drop of out college because they drank their days away.  Not a single one of my friends that were recreational pot users dropped out, and one is a actually a doctor now.

Abortion
Thinks it should be illegal, although has backed up and said in case of rape it is ok.  Not to mention the fact that he flip flopped on the issue entirely  I know this is a polarizing issue, but I would rather a woman get an abortion than have a child she doesn't want, that would not get the love it should, possibly have to be supported with my taxes.  It should be a choice, but obviously there should be a limit as to the length of time a woman can go before having an abortion.

Income Taxes
If he didn't have anything to hide, he would have released his taxes.  He doesn't want the public to see all the ways he worked the system to make his tax return lower.  Man up and be honest about it.  If it's legal, what can anyone say right?

These are just a few examples of the reason I dislike this guy.  Government should be there to support it's citizens, not control them.  I just feel this dude is more of a fraud than any other candidate.

The biggest problem with elections is they have totally gone away from actually discussing the issues, and all they do is talk trash and lies so the majority of the public doesn't really know what the candidates even stand for, and just vote for the political party they most connect with. 

This country is in dire straights, and I don't feel either of these guys are going to do a damn thing to help fix it.  Obama clearly thinks his plan is working which it isn't, but Romney is a bit too hammer fisted for me to support.

Let's see I get to choose between a douche and a turd sandwich.  Great!
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:11am
Originally posted by 360faceplant

I don't think he's a douche but he's Morman and doesn't think a woman should be able to have the "right to choose".  Those are my problems with him. 

So you are discriminating against him because of his religion? Also I always find it funny when people bring up the right to choose. It is okay for women to choose not to raise their child but if a guy decides he wants nothing to do with it after the kid is born he is still responsible. It is okay for the government to force someone to pay child support for a kid they don't want but not okay for them to say you can't abort it. I guess I just don't get it. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:12am
Originally posted by NickinChicago

So you are discriminating against him because of his religion? Also I always find it funny when people bring up the right to choose. It is okay for women to choose not to raise their child but if a guy decides he wants nothing to do with it after the kid is born he is still responsible. It is okay for the government to force someone to pay child support for a kid they don't want but not okay for them to say you can't abort it. I guess I just don't get it. 
Don't have unprotected sex if you can't deal with the consequences.  Wow you are pro deadbeat dad, awesome!

I totally agree the Child Support system needs an overhaul, but saying a dude that knocks a chick up should have the ability to bail on the situation with no consequences is ridiculous dude.
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:17am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

Don't have unprotected sex if you can't deal with the consequences.  Wow you are pro deadbeat dad, awesome!

I totally agree the Child Support system needs an overhaul, but saying a dude that knocks a chick up should have the ability to bail on the situation with no consequences is ridiculous dude.

How is that any different than saying a woman can decide to not have that guys child? What if the guy wants the kid and the woman tells him to shtook off? So it is okay for a woman to take care of her mistake and just walk away but the guy can't do shit? Can't have it both ways.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:21am

How is that any different than saying a woman can decide to not have that guys child? What if the guy wants the kid and the woman tells him to shtook off? So it is okay for a woman to take care of her mistake and just walk away but the guy can't do shit? Can't have it both ways.
Don't raw dog a chick you wouldn't want a kid with and you don't have to worry about these types of things haha.

Ejekted View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Ejekted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:24am

Romney:

Marijuana
Marijuana is a gateway drug and should be illegal.  Ok Gramma, I know you have no appetitie and your stomach hurts all the time from your chemo therapy, but you can't have the medicine that gives you an appetite and helps your pain because it's evil.

Only a fool thinks Pot is any more of a "gateway drug" than alcohol.  I saw many people drop of out college because they drank their days away.  Not a single one of my friends that were recreational pot users dropped out, and one is a actually a doctor now.

Abortion
Thinks it should be illegal, although has backed up and said in case of rape it is ok.  Not to mention the fact that he flip flopped on the issue entirely  I know this is a polarizing issue, but I would rather a woman get an abortion than have a child she doesn't want, that would not get the love it should, possibly have to be supported with my taxes.  It should be a choice, but obviously there should be a limit as to the length of time a woman can go before having an abortion.

Income Taxes
If he didn't have anything to hide, he would have released his taxes.  He doesn't want the public to see all the ways he worked the system to make his tax return lower.  Man up and be honest about it.  If it's legal, what can anyone say right?

These are just a few examples of the reason I dislike this guy.  Government should be there to support it's citizens, not control them.  I just feel this dude is more of a fraud than any other candidate.

The biggest problem with elections is they have totally gone away from actually discussing the issues, and all they do is talk trash and lies so the majority of the public doesn't really know what the candidates even stand for, and just vote for the political party they most connect with. 

This country is in dire straights, and I don't feel either of these guys are going to do a damn thing to help fix it.  Obama clearly thinks his plan is working which it isn't, but Romney is a bit too hammer fisted for me to support.

Recently Romney was interviewed by a quadrapalegic (spelling?), the gentlemen interviewing him had spent his life in a wheel chair and suffered from numerous tramas, surgeries, and alternative medicines. Nothing will cure all or any of his ailments. He medicates legally through medicinal marijuana as it's the only thing that helps him eat or live without being on morphine. Romney told him that he is a criminal and deserves to go to jail.  

It blows my mind how anyone would vote for a guy like that. 

Also, if you haven't voted since 2008, you are no longer registered! So, be sure to re-register if you plan on having a vote come election day.
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Ejekted

Romney:

Marijuana

Abortion

Income Taxes

Recently Romney was interviewed by a quadrapalegic (spelling?), the gentlemen interviewing him had spent his life in a wheel chair and suffered from numerous tramas, surgeries, and alternative medicines. Nothing will cure all or any of his ailments. He medicates legally through medicinal marijuana as it's the only thing that helps him eat or live without being on morphine. Romney told him that he is a criminal and deserves to go to jail.  

Also, if you haven't voted since 2008, you are no longer registered! So, be sure to re-register if you plan on having a vote come election day.

First of all that sounds like a load of BS. There is always some interview that took place but only the person talking about it has actually heard about it. 

Second..Marijuana is the least of this countries concerns and if it is a reason you are voting then you are an idiot. Plus if it is a reason you are voting against Romney then you are an even bigger idiot. 

Has it been legalized under Obama? No it has not. 
Does Obama support legalizing it? No he does not.
Will it be legalized with 4 more years of Obama? No it will not.

Come up with a better reason to vote against someone besides the fact that you like to get high.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:29am

If that is true that is all you need to know to judge that guys character.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:30am

So it's discrimination because I don't share the same ideological beliefs as him?  Gimme a break. 

EDIT:  An on women's rights...What about in the case of rape?  Yeah force her to carry that child...

robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:33am

Come up with a better reason to vote against someone besides the fact that you like to get high.

LOLLOL
ClapClap
Loving this thread right now... where is MJ eating popcorn?
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:34am

So it's discrimination because I don't share the same ideological beliefs as him?  Gimme a break. 

It is discrimination when you say the reason you wouldn't vote for him is because he is mormon. Sorry but you can't really take back what you said. I'm sure if they was a homosexual candidate running and I said I don't like him because he is homosexual I would never hear the end of it.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:35am

Marijuana itself is not the point.  The point is he blindly follows a belief based on what HE feels is right.  He feels this thing is a bad thing, so no matter how much this helps someone he is against it.  It's the principal.  We could be talking about aspirin/coffee/steak for all I care, if he had the same stance I would still disagree just as strongly.  What if he was a vegetarian and since red meat has shown to cause high cholestorol he wanted to outlaw it.  Would that make it right?  Don't get hung up on the substance, get hung up on the principal.

Latch on to whatever you want to support the dude, that is your choice as an American and no one can tell you that you are wrong.  For me, both candidates lack what is needed for this country to suceed.

I'm curious as why you are such a supporter though?  What has he proposed, that you actually researched, that you are such a supporter of? 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:38am

It is discrimination when you say the reason you wouldn't vote for him is because he is mormon. Sorry but you can't really take back what you said. I'm sure if they was a homosexual candidate running and I said I don't like him because he is homosexual I would never hear the end of it.

Please show me where I said I wouln't vote for him?  I said my problems with him, there's a big difference.

And if you say your a god fearing christian and can't vote for a homosexual because of your religious beliefs, I would respect that because of your beliefs.  If you were just some idiot who doesn't like homosexual people that's different.
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:38am

Romney:

Marijuana

Abortion

Income Taxes

First of all that sounds like a load of BS. There is always some interview that took place but only the person talking about it has actually heard about it. 

Second..Marijuana is the least of this countries concerns and if it is a reason you are voting then you are an idiot. Plus if it is a reason you are voting against Romney then you are an even bigger idiot. 

Has it been legalized under Obama? No it has not. 
Does Obama support legalizing it? No he does not.
Will it be legalized with 4 more years of Obama? No it will not.

Here you go. It wasn't recent, it was 5 years ago. Also Romney never says he should be arrested and thrown in jail. He says he doesn't believe it should be legal and walks away from the guy. Do you really expect him to sit there and argue with the guy?

Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:41am

Please show me where I said I wouln't vote for him?  I said my problems with him, there's a big difference.

And if you say your a god fearing christian and can't vote for a homosexual because of your religious beliefs, I would respect that because of your beliefs.  If you were just some idiot who doesn't like homosexual people that's different.

Oh I'm sorry, you did say the problem you had with him. I didn't realize that wasn't still considered discrimination. So it is okay to say you have a problem with mormons but not okay to say you have a problem with gays, blacks, mexicans, muslims, ect..?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:47am

Oh I'm sorry, you did say the problem you had with him. I didn't realize that wasn't still considered discrimination. So it is okay to say you have a problem with mormons but not okay to say you have a problem with gays, blacks, mexicans, muslims, ect..?
Man you'd make a great politician, you just come back to what everyone else says instead of actually supporting your candidate with facts and what you specifically like about him haha.

The only thing I have ever heard anyone say that they liked about Romney is that he wasn't Obama.  I really would like to hear a Romney supporter explain why they like him so much, and what parts of his political platform would help our economy.  I'm serious, pretend I am the deciding vote of this election.  Convince me why Romney is the better candidate knowing that my vote is not tied to Obama.  How will he help this economy get back on it's feet, because through all the other BS, that is what is most important.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:47am
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked you couldn't choose weather to be black or mexican.  Yes I would also have a problem with a muslim president.  Hell I have a problem with christian presidents thanking god. 
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:51am

Marijuana itself is not the point.  The point is he blindly follows a belief based on what HE feels is right.  He feels this thing is a bad thing, so no matter how much this helps someone he is against it.  It's the principal.  We could be talking about aspirin/coffee/steak for all I care, if he had the same stance I would still disagree just as strongly.  What if he was a vegetarian and since red meat has shown to cause high cholestorol he wanted to outlaw it.  Would that make it right?  Don't get hung up on the substance, get hung up on the principal.

Latch on to whatever you want to support the dude, that is your choice as an American and no one can tell you that you are wrong.  For me, both candidates lack what is needed for this country to suceed.

I'm curious as why you are such a supporter though?  What has he proposed, that you actually researched, that you are such a supporter of? 

Why am I supporting him? Really? How can anyone in this country not put their vote behind him after the last 4 years of Obama? Even if he is not the ideal candidate he still has a better shot of turning things around then Obama. 

First his experience far surpasses that of Obama. He was a governor and he ran a multi billion dollar company. What did Obama do before he was elected? He was in the senate for less then 2 years and was a community organizer. 

Romney will have a stronger immigration policy which doesn't involve a President illegally allowing millions of illegals to stay in the country. He will get rid of this bullshit Obamacare which for some reason liberals don't seem to realize is a huge tax on the middle class. 

The difference between Obama and Romney is easy to see. Obama is for a welfare state and Romney is for what America is suppose to be. A country where you are responsible for your own success. You don't rely on others do get where you want to be, you work hard to get there instead.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 8:52am

Man you'd make a great politician, you just come back to what everyone else says instead of actually supporting your candidate with facts and what you specifically like about him haha.

The only thing I have ever heard anyone say that they liked about Romney is that he wasn't Obama.  I really would like to hear a Romney supporter explain why they like him so much, and what parts of his political platform would help our economy.  I'm serious, pretend I am the deciding vote of this election.  Convince me why Romney is the better candidate knowing that my vote is not tied to Obama.  How will he help this economy get back on it's feet, because through all the other BS, that is what is most important.

I don't think you are going to get an answer on this.  I also haven't seen any concrete plans for the economy from Romney...just rhetoric.  

And if he says "reduce taxes and spending," I'm done with this thread.
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 9:00am

[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked you couldn't choose weather to be black or mexican.  Yes I would also have a problem with a muslim president.  Hell I have a problem with christian presidents thanking god. 
[/QUOTE]

Before I continue to defend mormons or any other religion I should probably let you know that I am the least religious person you will ever meet. I think it is all BS and that certain book is just that, a book. However, with that said I hate atheists and the fact that they feel they need to always bash religions simply because they don't believe in the same thing. (not saying you are any of these, just saying what I think about it all)

When it comes to voting for president I don't really consider their religion because no matter what I'm still not going to believe in what they do. The fact is I will never vote for a president that I agree 100% with. This is actually one of the things that I hate so much about hard core Obama supporters. They really think the guy is perfect and believe that everything he does is right. I  
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 9:12am
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

I don't think you are going to get an answer on this.  I also haven't seen any concrete plans for the economy from Romney...just rhetoric.  

And if he says "reduce taxes and spending," I'm done with this thread.

You're done with the thread if I say reduce taxes and spending? Because you are for raising taxes and spending more?

Here are a couple things that will help the economy that Romney will do and Obama clearly won't.

Obama believes he can decide which companies will grow in the country instead of relying on the market to decide. ( think green energy) Romney will let the market decide which companies do well and which don't. It is not up to government to pick a winning company or technology.

Romney will open up our resources in this country instead of relying on the rest of the world. Our resources means more oil, natural gas, coal, nuclear power, and even green energy. All of which lead to more jobs created in this country. 

Lower taxes also create more jobs. Why would a company hire new employees if they thought their taxes would be going up? The threat of higher taxes does not create more jobs. Actual high taxes does not create more jobs. Lower taxes for everyone creates more spending which creates more jobs. 

Lower government spending and you won't need higher taxes. The fact is our government wastes way to much money. We are paying taxes for politicians to waste.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 9:25am

I'm sort of a neutral here, but one of the problems I see is that candidates pledge (and people therefore expect) them to make sweeping, definitive changes.  They're unrealistic promises that can't be fulfilled.

We live in a democracy.  The President doesn't have unilateral authority to change policy or laws.  And that's probably a good thing.

Most of these things - healthcare policy, resources, taxes, the federal budget - rely on congress and sometimes the courts to change.  The President leads, and sets the agenda, but he can't just make changes on his own.  Would the US economy be way better, way worse, or pretty much the same if we had elected McCain four years ago?  I would argue the same, becasue the President doesn't really have that much power.

EDIT:  I guess what I'm saying is that you're voting for a philosophy, for a style.  Neither candidate can guarantee the promises they're making.
JoeRocket1212 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeRocket1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 9:46am
wow, good back and forth here today...  i like how the interview got blown out of port-portions and somehow romney said the cripple should go to jail.  i guess that was a long line of he said she said.

first, i agree you shouldn't hate the guy just cause he is morman.  but i do agree that if he is a radical morman, it is reason to be worried.  but it will be hard to ever really see if he is or isn't during this course of time.

i also agree that obama hasn't done the things i wanted him to do in the past 4 years...  but i think giving him another 4 years is a better option then giving someone else the power that doesn't have any previous experience.  in the analogy for changing bosses, i think the boss that is coming in, should be able to offer some previous experience that will benefit the situation.  that's like promoting one of the current employees to manager, and hoping they will manage better than someone that has managed for 4 years.
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 10:25am
I just don't get the logic behind saying "Obama hasn't done anything he said he would and the economy is still a mess but lets give him another 4 years to see if he will."

No where else in life would people think this way. If you purchased a product and it failed to do what it was advertised to do would you continue to purchase the same product over and over?

How about we compare it to snowboarding somewhat? What if your favorite resorts owners stopped taking care of the place and it really started to go to hell. The lifts broke down all the time, the park wasn't maintained, and the entire experience just went downhill. Well along comes someone who purchases the resort and tells everyone I'm going to fix everything that is wrong with this place. Just give me some time and I will get it done.

After the first year of the new owner you are still feeling like he will get it done even though nothing is really changing. Come the second season the park still sucks and the lifts are still getting stuck all the time. Now it is the third season and you got your pass only to find out it is the same old crap. Nothing is fixed and it has actually got worse. Well when it is time to buy next years pass do you stick with the resort that has broke all their promises or do you go down the road to the next place to give it a try and see if it is any better? Do you give the broken promise resort more time to fix the problems even though they have never shown they were capable of fixing them?

My entire point is why do people want to give someone another chance when nothing has changed in 4 years? Wasn't his first election his chance to fix things? What will the 2nd be? Oh he was just kidding about the first 4 years, it will all be good after 8.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 10:45am
2 things I generally never like to discuss or debate: religion and politics.

Why?  Simply because people are usually locked in to their belief systems and values. 

And going back and forth changes nothing.  It can be fun to debate, but at the same time you use up a lot of energy. However, It is good to hear different points of view and the pros and cons of a particular subject.

I will let my position be known if asked, but I have found that after debates and arguments, people rarely (if ever) change their stance.

Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 10:50am
Yeah, but i thought this was a pretty good, reasoned, rational discussion.  I was kinda surprised, people have been respectful and made good arguments.

I thinks it's a healthy debate to have
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 10:53am
Oh, and by the way, Obama needs to GTFO. 

All those hope and change promises didn't amount to jack. His experiment with America needs to be done with.

I might think Romney is kind of a scumbag, but at least he is a successful business man and knows how to run a company and create wealth.  He has the heart of an entrepreneur. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 10:53am

I just don't get the logic behind saying "Obama hasn't done anything he said he would and the economy is still a mess but lets give him another 4 years to see if he will."

No where else in life would people think this way. If you purchased a product and it failed to do what it was advertised to do would you continue to purchase the same product over and over?

How about we compare it to snowboarding somewhat? What if your favorite resorts owners stopped taking care of the place and it really started to go to hell. The lifts broke down all the time, the park wasn't maintained, and the entire experience just went downhill. Well along comes someone who purchases the resort and tells everyone I'm going to fix everything that is wrong with this place. Just give me some time and I will get it done.

After the first year of the new owner you are still feeling like he will get it done even though nothing is really changing. Come the second season the park still sucks and the lifts are still getting stuck all the time. Now it is the third season and you got your pass only to find out it is the same old crap. Nothing is fixed and it has actually got worse. Well when it is time to buy next years pass do you stick with the resort that has broke all their promises or do you go down the road to the next place to give it a try and see if it is any better? Do you give the broken promise resort more time to fix the problems even though they have never shown they were capable of fixing them?

My entire point is why do people want to give someone another chance when nothing has changed in 4 years? Wasn't his first election his chance to fix things? What will the 2nd be? Oh he was just kidding about the first 4 years, it will all be good after 8.

Very good analogy (seriously) but my problem is that there's no guarantee that "new ownership" is gonna change anything either. 

I felt like I was kicked in the balls by Bush for 8 years.  Then Obama comes along and says hey I'm not gonna kick you in the balls.  Well that's awesome, but little did I know that he was going to tell me to bend over and grab my ankles.  So what are my options now?  Grab my ankles for another 4 years or vote for the guy who says I won't make you grab your ankles anymore.  Well I might not have to grab them, but whose to say he doesn't take it to another level and "chinese fingercuff" me.  

We're at the point where we don't vote for people because of who they are, we vote for them because they're not the other guy.  It shouldn't work that way. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 18>